JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 65534
Options:
  • Attach files to this post?
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
admin Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 11:58:40 PM(UTC)

The upgrade to the latest version of the forum has been abandoned! 

I've looked into the more recent versions and even though this version dates back to 2009, it's not actually that far behind the latest version in terms of version numbering and from other people's experiences, upgrading can be problematic to say the least!

Also, the latest version requires .Net v4.0, which the server doesn't currently have (it has v3.5).

So, carry on as normal as the risk/reward of upgrading isn't worth it!  I'll just have to keep on top of removing spam users and posts from the far east 

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
joy Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:46:06 AM(UTC)

So what is the point of the upgrade? The forum looks fine and if there's not going to be any new useful  gadgets....

admin Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:53:46 AM(UTC)

Hello guys (aka gals)!

Yes, all should be well... 

... i'll back-up everything before i attempt to upgrade the forum software. The worse that will happen is that we won't be able to upgrade and i'll then restore the back-up... so we'll be stuck with the current 2009 forum forever and ever and ever and ever till the end of times! 

Even if the upgrade does go well... i'm not sure there will be any noticeable difference in features! 
justme Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:37:00 AM(UTC)

Hi Admin! Thanks for the update! Could things actually go wrong on the forum to the point where it would never get back up or something? Our personal information and stuff would still be safe, right?

Anyway, the same as Joy said, if the worst came to the worst, it's been great getting to know people on here. And I'm sure things will be fine!

joy Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:15:18 AM(UTC)

Thanks for letting us know, admin. If something does go wrong and we never 'see' each other again, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that it was nice 'meeting' you and getting to 'know' you over the last year and a half!

Good luck!

admin Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:05:42 AM(UTC)

I'll be attempting to update the forum software to the latest version this weekend (as the current version is from 2009!) .

Stand back people, anything can happen... and i'm scared