JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<27282930>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#561 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 7:31:07 AM(UTC)
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
kitten wrote:
PSH is so funny when he says minty flavour, very cute Cool

Yes he is! I think Joaquin must have given PSH a look on the 1st take because of his FU reaction. 'Minty Flavor' sounds like a porn star. Laugh

admin wrote:
How dare Freddie say that to Laura Dern!

Admin, calm down, they're only acting. BigGrin Kitten, if it's not to late, I recommend you not to be eating or drinking anything when you watch the deleted scenes video...just in case. Blushing Blushing



Now I know what was happening with Freddie tunnelling into the sand - he was trying to get back inside the womb. Blink Or tunnel to Australia. Hehe. And I think I know why the scene with family eating dinner was deleted...Dodd's munching was just too loud. Laugh



Are you crossing off the days on your calendar, Admin? I bet you're REALLY excited that March has begun...only 12 more days! Wink


Offline kitten  
#562 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 3:01:23 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
admin wrote:
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
what did he say, to Dern?? something hotDrool


Blink Well kitten, i guess it's a matter of perspective where it's "hot" or not! I can't repeat it here, you'll have to watch to find out! Flapper



oh I did watch the video with dern and love what he said, oh my love it Drool now going to a vegetarian restaurant , hugsDrool

Edited by moderator Saturday, March 2, 2013 3:09:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Inserted original quote

Offline joy  
#563 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:16:56 PM(UTC)
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hope you enjoyed your veggie food, Kitten. Cool Hugs!
Offline kitten  
#564 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:53:59 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
Hope you enjoyed your veggie food, Kitten. Cool Hugs!



I sure did, I am into veggie food now, love what Joaquin says to Laura Dern Drool just watch The Master again
Offline joy  
#565 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:30:27 PM(UTC)
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
How did you watch The Master again, Kitten? Blu-ray? Dvd? Computer? What did you think this time around? Was it as good? Better than before?
Offline sami  
#566 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:19:04 PM(UTC)
sami
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 9/20/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,025

Joy and everyone ,

You will enjoy this :


The Master : 2nd viewing
Nice comments from fans who've watched the DVD
http://www.imdb.com/name...board/threads/211264483/
Offline kitten  
#567 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:19:04 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
How did you watch The Master again, Kitten? Blu-ray? Dvd? Computer? What did you think this time around? Was it as good? Better than before?



I watched on directv cinema watched all weekend, I love the movie, Drool thanks for the link for the big droll ballDrool
Offline kitten  
#568 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:52:53 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
kitten wrote:
joy wrote:
How did you watch The Master again, Kitten? Blu-ray? Dvd? Computer? What did you think this time around? Was it as good? Better than before?



I watched on directv cinema watched all weekend, I love the movie, Drool thanks for the link for the big droll ballDrool



what am I going to do, in love Love Drool
Offline joy  
#569 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:01:20 AM(UTC)
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
sami wrote:
Joy and everyone ,

You will enjoy this :


The Master : 2nd viewing
Nice comments from fans who've watched the DVD

Hi Sami, thanks for the link to the imdb page. I read that board sometimes and have posted there in the past. I wonder though, if the board for The Master at imdb would be a better choice for discussions about the 2nd viewing of the film?

http://www.imdb.com/titl...747/board/?ref_=tt_bd_sm





Hi Kitten, thanks for letting us know about watching The Master again. I think when we all have the chance to watch it again we'll be watching it over & over for days. We don't get the film here until late next week, but it's going to be worth the wait. BigGrin


kitten wrote:
what am I going to do, in love Love Drool


Are you in love with Freddie or Joaquin? You could write him a letter... UserPostedImage





Justme, have you seen The Master?
Offline kitten  
#570 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:16:15 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
kitten wrote:
PSH is so funny when he says minty flavour, very cute Cool

Yes he is! I think Joaquin must have given PSH a look on the 1st take because of his FU reaction. 'Minty Flavor' sounds like a porn star. Laugh

admin wrote:
How dare Freddie say that to Laura Dern!

Admin, calm down, they're only acting. BigGrin Kitten, if it's not to late, I recommend you not to be eating or drinking anything when you watch the deleted scenes video...just in case. Blushing Blushing



Now I know what was happening with Freddie tunnelling into the sand - he was trying to get back inside the womb. Blink Or tunnel to Australia. Hehe. And I think I know why the scene with family eating dinner was deleted...Dodd's munching was just too loud. Laugh



Are you crossing off the days on your calendar, Admin? I bet you're REALLY excited that March has begun...only 12 more days! Wink




Joy where are you located? I was blushing so bad what he was saying Blushing
Offline joy  
#571 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 3:22:10 AM(UTC)
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm in the not-so-sunny UK, Kitten. Smile
Offline kitten  
#572 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:18:16 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
I'm in the not-so-sunny UK, Kitten. Smile



OMG I want to go the the UK, I am in sunny Florida, I want to check out some new picutes of Joaquin, love Joaquin. did you see Joaquin when he was in London Drool
Offline kitten  
#573 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:50:57 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
kitten wrote:
joy wrote:
I'm in the not-so-sunny UK, Kitten. Smile



OMG I want to go the the UK, I am in sunny Florida, I want to check out some new picutes of Joaquin, love Joaquin. did you see Joaquin when he was in London Drool



I love the master I thought that Freddie was an odd part for JP to play he did it great but a bit odd, I thought PTA should have gotten some award for the movie, very well done and he worked hard on the movie, Drool Blushing
Offline kitten  
#574 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:52:46 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
sami wrote:
Joy and everyone ,

You will enjoy this :


The Master : 2nd viewing
Nice comments from fans who've watched the DVD

Hi Sami, thanks for the link to the imdb page. I read that board sometimes and have posted there in the past. I wonder though, if the board for The Master at imdb would be a better choice for discussions about the 2nd viewing of the film?

http://www.imdb.com/titl...747/board/?ref_=tt_bd_sm





Hi Kitten, thanks for letting us know about watching The Master again. I think when we all have the chance to watch it again we'll be watching it over & over for days. We don't get the film here until late next week, but it's going to be worth the wait. BigGrin


kitten wrote:
what am I going to do, in love Love Drool


Are you in love with Freddie or Joaquin? You could write him a letter... UserPostedImage

love Joaquin, Love



Justme, have you seen The Master?

Offline kitten  
#575 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:32:45 AM(UTC)
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
kitten wrote:
joy wrote:
sami wrote:
Joy and everyone ,

You will enjoy this :


The Master : 2nd viewing
Nice comments from fans who've watched the DVD

Hi Sami, thanks for the link to the imdb page. I read that board sometimes and have posted there in the past. I wonder though, if the board for The Master at imdb would be a better choice for discussions about the 2nd viewing of the film?

http://www.imdb.com/titl...747/board/?ref_=tt_bd_sm





Hi Kitten, thanks for letting us know about watching The Master again. I think when we all have the chance to watch it again we'll be watching it over & over for days. We don't get the film here until late next week, but it's going to be worth the wait. BigGrin


kitten wrote:
what am I going to do, in love Love Drool


Are you in love with Freddie or Joaquin? You could write him a letter... UserPostedImage

love Joaquin, Love



Justme, have you seen The Master?




In love Drool Blushing
Offline joy  
#576 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:45:58 AM(UTC)
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
kitten wrote:
OMG I want to go the the UK, I am in sunny Florida, I want to check out some new picutes of Joaquin, love Joaquin. did you see Joaquin when he was in London Drool

Is it always sunny in Florida? I imagine that it is. Why do you want to come to the UK? (if that's not too personal a question).

I didn't go to London to see Joaquin when he was at the BAFTAs but I saw the photos. He looked good!


kitten wrote:
I love the master I thought that Freddie was an odd part for JP to play he did it great but a bit odd, I thought PTA should have gotten some award for the movie, very well done and he worked hard on the movie, Drool Blushing

Why did you think it was odd? I think PTA should have got more recognition too. I think he won a couple of critics' awards, but none of the major ones. He wasn't even nominated, mostly. I think he should feel very proud and satisfied with the work he's done with The Master though.


Quote:
joy wrote:
Are you in love with Freddie or Joaquin?

kitten wrote:
love Joaquin, Love
In love Drool Blushing

Me too! Blushing
Offline justme  
#577 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:06:16 AM(UTC)
justme
Rank: Joaquin Enthusiast

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/3/2013(UTC)
Posts: 148
Location: Take a guess

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
joy wrote:
sami wrote:
Joy and everyone ,

You will enjoy this :


The Master : 2nd viewing
Nice comments from fans who've watched the DVD

Hi Sami, thanks for the link to the imdb page. I read that board sometimes and have posted there in the past. I wonder though, if the board for The Master at imdb would be a better choice for discussions about the 2nd viewing of the film?

http://www.imdb.com/titl...747/board/?ref_=tt_bd_sm





Hi Kitten, thanks for letting us know about watching The Master again. I think when we all have the chance to watch it again we'll be watching it over & over for days. We don't get the film here until late next week, but it's going to be worth the wait. BigGrin


kitten wrote:
what am I going to do, in love Love Drool


Are you in love with Freddie or Joaquin? You could write him a letter... UserPostedImage





Justme, have you seen The Master?



No, I haven't seen it yet. Getting the DVD when it comes out, though! Got to wait until March, and I'll probably get it for my birthday! I've seen clips though and I knew Joaquin was good, but he's brilliant in this!BigGrin
Offline joy  
#578 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:23:40 AM(UTC)
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi Justme. Which March have you got to wait until? The one we're in now or another one? Laugh It'll be a nice birthday present for you...you're in for a real treat! BigGrin
Offline sami  
#579 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:46:35 AM(UTC)
sami
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 9/20/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,025

joy wrote:

Hi Sami, thanks for the link to the imdb page. I read that board sometimes and have posted there in the past. I wonder though, if the board for The Master at imdb would be a better choice for discussions about the 2nd viewing of the film?

http://www.imdb.com/titl...747/board/?ref_=tt_bd_sm



I posted there once a long time ago . I wanted to reuse that account but I had forgotten the password. Imdb was asking me my cell phone number to send me a text message with new password and I didn't like that so I couldn't reset my password.. It's okay.

Thank you for the Master imbd link. That's right, there's a lot of comments there. I love to read what the film lovers have to say about it. There's a lot to talk about.

I am intrigued by Joaquin's acting of course. There are so many layers to this character.

from imdb:

"Freddie had all kinds of issues going on. He was definitely a raging alcoholic and ruined his mind because of the chemicals he was putting into his body. He also had PTSD. He also had a really messed up family, and there's plenty of evidence he was screwed up before he ever entered the service."

To represent all of these issues the way Joaquin did.. How did he do that? It's not strange he couldn't smile for a while after. It seems such a dark character, full of negative energy and yet he was trying to be happy. There are just so many contradictions !

--

Justme, I hope you get to watch the movie soon. I would like to hear your comments BigGrin

--

Hi Kitten and everybody BigGrin
Offline sami  
#580 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:27:13 AM(UTC)
sami
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups:
Joined: 9/20/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,025


I love these comments. They come from the heart . It's so soothing after all the awards season harshness.
( from cigs and red vines)

"The Master" may now be available on Blu-ray/DVD in the States but still has yet to open in all territories around the world. In Japan it opens on March 22 and the Japanese distributor Phantom Film reached out to us to share their excitement for the film as well as some reactions they've gathered from various filmmakers and actors.

"This film is the soul. Therein lies no gimmicky tricks or concern for cinematic convention, but only genuine endeavor, genuine performance, genuine acting. At this level, what care we for art?  This is a film. Those who live in oblivion to the soul live in oblivion to films of the soul." - Shion Sono (Director: “Himizu” “Love Exposure”)
"Dear Paul Thomas Anderson, You are younger than me but I admire you like my father." - Tetsuya Nakashima (Director: “Confessions” “Memories of Natsuko”)

"Like myself, anytime you have a cinematic genius like PTA just filming the heck out of his actors, especially Joaquin and Phillip, how can it not be absolutely amazing?!" - Tatsushi Omori (Director: Tada’s Do-It-All House)

"A work brimming with anomalous beauty that should leave a mark on film history. My heart was captivated from the opening scene at the sea. That the Academy would remove it from consideration for Best Film and Best Director awards is due to nothing more than jealousy and a boring “capitulation” to the mundane. Paul Thomas Anderson, no matter what anybody says, you are the winner. And I wish to send my most respectful congratulations to you and to your wonderful companions of Joaquin Phoenix, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams." - Yoichi Sai (Director: ”Blood and Bones” “Soo”)

"I vow, too, to film my next movie in 65 millimeters." - Toshiaki Toyoda (Director: “Blue Spring” “9 Souls”)

"This movie features a landscape unlike any that has been seen before, something akin to Orson Welles filming a Steinbeck story. I find myself floored by the genuineness that Paul Thomas Anderson pours into his films. When the credits started rolling, I felt like I had just been taken and brought back from a faraway place by way of an unknown path, where I was in constant danger of getting lost. I’d be very interested to find out just what it was that got him to the place where he is. Because in every way imaginable, it is perfect." - Isao Yukisada (Director: “Closed Diary” “Parade”)

"Pulled in by every single movement of the heart of these actors, 138 minutes just flew by. I reveled in the profundity and interest of the actors’ performances. The man who elicited this, director Paul Thomas Anderson, has come up with an extremely stimulating and powerful film as usual." - Koji Yakusho (Actor: “Babel” “Memoirs of a Geisha”)
The distributor also said they just had a great phone interview with PTA so look out for that in the next couple of weeks and in the meantime, check out the very dramatic Japanese trailer for the film below.


http://cigsandredvines.b...ctors-praise-master.html
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
30 Pages«<27282930>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.554 seconds.