JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 11:55:58 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

I am about to watch Gladiator...

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2012 2:52:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline sami  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 2:52:00 PM(UTC)
sami

I just watched and I loved it. Joaquin is amazing as Comodus!
Offline sami  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:43:52 AM(UTC)
sami

Offline sami  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:29:02 AM(UTC)
sami

I was even happy when Maximus killed him. I was like YEAH !! I even forgot that Commodus was Joaquin. I think Joaquin's performance was much more demanding than Russell Crowe's and more deserving of an oscar, even though he was the bad guy...

Another thing I loved about this film is that Gladiator was a Spaniard. Believe it or not I am a Spaniard. I know, my English is purrfect :) Thank you :)

And last but not least, I was just having dinner with an Italian friend and I mentioned the movie and the Colliseum and how much I would like to see it. She told me that there is some controversy When she watched the movie in Italy she watched it with an archeologist and he kept telling her whether the production was correct or not. One thing that wasn't accurate were the costumes. Gladiator's costume wasn't accurate because at that time people didn't sew clothes, they tied the costumes with knots. Anything that was sewed was not real. She specially mentioned Commodus sister's dress.. that wasn't accurate at all.

Edited by user Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:38:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 21, 2012 2:50:45 PM(UTC)
sami

I'm obnoxious, I know Blink
Offline QuestarOne  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:41:14 PM(UTC)
QuestarOne

Groups: Registered
Woman

I think Joaquin was fantastic as Commodus. As previous reply mentions that Joaquin was the bad guy----oh, But he plays a bad guy well, and you still want to like him, in my humble opinion. I think it's every actors dream to play a bad guy. Anyone play a good guy, it's easy. But to get into the psyche of a bad guy takes an intense, bold actor. Which Joaquin is not afraid to tackle.
Offline sami  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:31:49 AM(UTC)
sami

I agree with you Questar. This is what I meant by "even though he played a bad guy" because it's not as easy to empathize with this type of character .. He did an amazing job. I'd love to see him playing another villain ! His performance as Commodus was very good as you say it makes you understand how he became evil . His jealousy is so human .
Offline deanna_demola  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:35:41 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Woman

Gladiator was probably the film that made me fall in love with Joaquin. At first, I didn't take a close look at the characters because well, I was watching it in school and had to write while watching.Glare But eventually, I re-watched the movie, paying closer attention, and started to develop a crush on this Commodus character(not knowing of Joaquin yet). I continuously watched the movie whenever I got a chance because I loved it so much! I researched the characters and discovered who played Commodus. Then, my love for Joaquin began. I was so impressed by his performance! I couldn't believe he played in many movies I have seen before! How did I not notice him until now? He did absolutely fantastic! Every line was delivered perfectly. Every action was phenomenal! Need not to mention his looks got to me as wellWub
Offline sami  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:19:16 AM(UTC)
sami

Deanna, it makes sense if you're so passionate about acting that you're passionate about Joaquin ! He was great I agree as Commodus . Not easy to compare to anybody else . He should've won an Oscar for it !
Offline deanna_demola  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:00:18 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Woman

Sami, I agree 100%! It was very, very oscar worthy. I don't understand these award things because they can never get it right! I mean like at the Golden Globes. I was so frustrated Joaquin didn't win! Unfortunately, I haven't seen The Master yet, but from the trailers and what not, I can tell it was amazing. Joaquin's acting was probably flawless as usual, but of course, he didn't win. They don't understand his talent for acting and never give him the awards he deserves. I know he is uncomfortable with receiving awards and interviews, as I would be, but still, he deserves so much more than what he gets.
Offline sami  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:01:05 PM(UTC)
sami

I was upset about the Globes too. I mean if ur gonna nominate him and not give him the prize why do u nominate him at all? Just spare him the pain !
Yes, u need to watch the master, it will blow u away !

deanna_demola wrote:
know he is uncomfortable with receiving awards and interviews, as I would be, but still, he deserves so much more than what he gets.

Well,... He may not get the prizesin Hollywood but he gets prizes everywhere else and he gets the roles and the admiration of ppl. I'm thankful he strives to stay tru to himself .. That's a big win already

Edited by user Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:52:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mystaria  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:10:52 AM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Found this pic of Joaq and Russell on set;) How HOT does he look:) xoxoxo

thanks 1 user thanked Mystaria for this useful post.
HippieChick on 7/24/2014(UTC)
Offline HippieChick  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:11:44 AM(UTC)
HippieChick

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Ok...wow.  I've never seen this one before and I have to admit, it's pretty groovy.
Offline Mystaria  
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 19, 2015 10:53:05 PM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 451 post(s)
aww poor Joaquin, he wanted to go home on first day:) xoxoxo
11 Surprising things you didnt know about Gladiator;) xoxo
https://screen.yahoo.com/11-surprising-things-never-knew-150335129.html