JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:18:01 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

Joy,
I agree the monkey looks so human... It really surprised me. Someone on YouTube called it a zen monkey :). Btw, it could be female or male .. How can you tell?

Thanks for your video. It really needs to be vocational to be a monk. Why aren't there any women though ? Do you think Joaquin is a Buddhist ? I ask this because of his animal rights activism ..

Sorry , for the 80ies song.. I know it sticks !!

Admin,

I had watched the 1st 5 minutes of earthlings a while ago. Today I decided to watch it again with an open mind. I watched the 1st 20 minutes. I am very sensitive to animals suffering, I can't watch it !! I am aware of these things though and I act consequently !!

Offline joy  
#22 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2012 4:37:06 AM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I can't tell whether the monkey is male or female from the film clip but I immediately thought about the monk video because it focused on their faces. A zen monkey indeed!

I think there are female monks now although traditionally it was a male thing in the same way that priests and rabbis were always male. I don't know why that is with these because there have always been priestesses and their equivalents in the world and always will be. It's a man thing, I guess.

Have you seen 'The Wheel of Time' by Werner Herzog? Incredible film documenting Buddhist monks, religious pilgrimage and the creation of a tme wheel. Another world in our own world. Totslly blew me away when I saw it at the cinema; I was riveted to my seat. It took me a while to get into the rhythm of the film but Herzog's voice and the gathering unfolding, the film's little vignettes and observances, the sound at the end....well, I liked it!

I don't know if Joaquin is a Buddhist or not. I would think that if he was a practising Buddhist he would have been a lot calmer at the Venice red carpet and press conference.

I haven't seen 'Earthlings' and I'll probably never watch it either. Too gruesome for me.

I liked the eighties song! BigGrin

Offline sami  
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2012 2:32:35 AM(UTC)
sami

Yes, I just deleted my post . The people who matter know what I think already !
Offline joy  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:14:54 AM(UTC)
joy

What a great song and band! Thanks for posting! BigGrin

I found this vimeo clip of the band playing 'Say When' and another song called 'Again' in a basement. I like to look at musicians play their instruments and this vid is wonderful for that. I like the song 'Again' too. Can't make out all the words but the music more than makes up for the lack.

http://vimeo.com/9014577

PS: I tried to send you a pm but it says your inbox is full and you can't receive any more pms until you free up some space. BigGrin
Offline admin  
#25 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 4:30:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
PS: I tried to send you a pm but it says your inbox is full and you can't receive any more pms until you free up some space. BigGrin

FYI, I've now upped the limit of private messages that can be stored in your PM inbox, but It's probably a good idea to delete old messages too... so the internet doesn't get too full with old stuff Laugh
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#26 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:44:27 AM(UTC)
sami

Thank you for listening to the track, this is a very nice band indeed. I just read and replied your PM. Thanks admin for your technical assistance, I didn't realise my inbox was so full ! I've just put up a real pic of me. I figured I've nothing to hide ! I a a fan of Joaquin Phoenix and the master, YES !!
Offline admin  
#27 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 4:52:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Nice to see the face behind your posts Sami! Cool

We're still getting lots of reads of the forum, but not many new users are brave enough to register... looks like Joaquin fans are on the shy side... like Joaquin himself it could be said BigGrin
Offline sami  
#28 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 8:18:39 AM(UTC)
sami

Thank you Admin Cool Cool It took me a year to put it up Blink Laugh

Sometimes I think journos read our posts to get ideas for their articles. Remember when I compared Joaquin to Brando? after a couple days there was an article comparing him to Brando. Another time something similar happened ( I forgot what it was now)that made me suspicious.. maybe not, I cannot help but wonder..

I hope you're right and they are shy.. I think sometimes fans just want to log in and say how sexy and how good JP is Well, there is space for everything !
If you are a Joaquin fan, please do sign in, we are waiting for you Laugh Laugh
Offline admin  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:39:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes, regarding your Brando and Joaquin comparison, it wouldn't surprise me Sami.

In general, I don't think there are many true journalists around anymore, they just seem to find something someone else has done and repeat it, not even bothering to check facts for themselves, they just repeat and hope it's true! And if it's not they don't care about any damage done.

Also, sadly, summer is nearly over too Sad Oh well, i'm more of a winter person myselfCool How about yourself Sami?
Offline sami  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:19:59 PM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:
Yes, regarding your Brando and Joaquin comparison, it wouldn't surprise me Sami.

In general, I don't think there are many true journalists around anymore, they just seem to find something someone else has done and repeat it, not even bothering to check facts for themselves, they just repeat and hope it's true! And if it's not they don't care about any damage done.

Also, sadly, summer is nearly over too Sad Oh well, i'm more of a winter person myselfCool How about yourself Sami?

Thank you Admin,

I didn't want to sound pretentious but since you also say its possible it might as well be. I agree that the profession has denigrated a lot. I was reading an article last week about how sometimes certain newspapers publish false news to generate buzz, ppl then flocks to their site to read the false news ( advertisement pays site to place ads there) then they issue a correction, but nobody cares and they already made their money. Very classy, don't you think ? Facebook now does similar strategy to make money. I will get you the link.
If they don't check facts they are creating disinformation . People take what's in the newspapers as truth. It's a lot of responsibility .. not having own ideas is as bad !!

Summer is over for me too, it's raining ! I am most definitely a Summer person. I love it because I enjoy the outdoors . In the winter it's too cold to do stuff out ! Do u have any hobbies ? Just curious xx

Edited by user Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:40:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:50:15 PM(UTC)
sami

Here's the Facebook article:

Broken on Purpose: Why Getting It Wrong Pays More Than Getting It Right
http://observer.com/2012/09/broken-on-purpose/

Do you use fb? I cancelled my account about 2 years ago and recently reopened it but I never log inRazz

Edited by user Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:55:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:31:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
Do u have any hobbies ? Just curious xx

Just watching films/documentaries, playing on the internet and experiencing this reality in general Wink How do you pass your time?

sami wrote:
Do you use fb? I cancelled my account about 2 years ago and recently reopened it but I never log in

I think you made a good move. I personally don't use facebook, i usually avoid voluntarily putting my personal details on government databases whenever possible Flapper

I see we've got a couple of new registered users recently Sami, maybe they'd like to post a comment or two, even if it's not related to Joaquin directly... BigGrin
Offline sami  
#33 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:27:52 PM(UTC)
sami

Thomas Morley (c.1557-1602)
April is in My Mistress Face

April is in my Mistress' face,
And July in her eyes hath place;
Within her bosom is September,
But in her heart a cold December.

Wink Wink Flapper
Offline deanna_demola  
#34 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:15:06 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Groups: Registered
Woman

You guys are enjoying the summer already? Wow didn't realize where you all lived! It's freezing down here in New York! Where I live, we just got hit with 30in of snow! It was crazy! Now it's a rainy, gloomy day with plenty of snow on the ground. I cannot wait for summer though! So much planned ThumpUp
Offline sami  
#35 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 5:12:21 AM(UTC)
sami

Deanna,
Im in MA .. Crying i ve got worse weather than you . I was just being ironic actually it was funny to see this thread up in this context .. Its from last Summer ...Laugh

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 6:31:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline deanna_demola  
#36 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:18:07 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Groups: Registered
Woman

Oh wow! I didn't even realize it! LOL Wow, we both got it pretty bad! I didn't even think I would need snow gear this year, but sure enough, BAM, 30 inches! Crazy weather!
Offline joy  
#37 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 7:32:50 AM(UTC)
joy

I'm in the UK and it's still Winter here. I think it's still Summer in the Southern Hemisphere. Roll on the Seasons turning! I can't wait for Spring!

Your pic, Sami.....that's what it looked like where I live a couple of weeks ago. It snowed quite heavily where I am yesterday, but I don't think it's going to stick. A lot of it has melted already and now lots of sludge.
Offline sami  
#38 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:37:37 PM(UTC)
sami

joy wrote:
I'm in the UK and it's still Winter here. I think it's still Summer in the Southern Hemisphere.

I've been considering moving to Australia or even Peru... I am not a cold weather person. Ppl here take breaks to The Caribbean but i can't afford it Bored at the moment at least. Laugh

joy wrote:
Your pic, Sami.....that's what it looked like where I live a couple of weeks ago. It snowed quite heavily where I am yesterday, but I don't think it's going to stick. A lot of it has melted already and now lots of sludge.

I'm sorry I don't know why it's upside down, the pic. I tried to fix it !

Here it's melting thanks to rain.. I'm so thankful it won't stick. The worse it's to have the ice around for a month after it snows.. Let's hope tonight it doesn't freeze !

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 2:43:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#39 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2013 12:40:03 PM(UTC)
sami

deanna_demola wrote:
Oh wow! I didn't even realize it! LOL Wow, we both got it pretty bad! I didn't even think I would need snow gear this year, but sure enough, BAM, 30 inches! Crazy weather!

Yes, crazy weather indeed, you guys had it really bad with Sandy !! I hope it didn't affect you !

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2013 1:35:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:21:15 AM(UTC)
joy

joy wrote:

sami wrote:
I'm sorry I don't know why it's upside down, the pic. I tried to fix it !

Here it's melting thanks to rain.. I'm so thankful it won't stick. The worse it's to have the ice around for a month after it snows.. Let's hope tonight it doesn't freeze !

The photo doesn't look upside down to me. Confused You must have fixed it without realising. BigGrin

Most of the snow has melted here but the pavements where I live still have remnants and because it froze last night and today it's like walking on shards of glass. Hehe...I'm British...we love to talk about the weather. Laugh Well.....we do have 4 seasons! Lots of weather to talk about! Wink Laugh