JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline justme  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:36:21 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just read something pretty funny a few days ago that Hugh Jackman said about Joaquin. He was talking on an interview on Australian Radio, and was discussing the pre-Oscars lunches and stuff that all the nominees attended. He said (and this is paraphrasing) "That Joaquin Phoenix, he's a mad man!" He then said something about how he "couldn't repeat anything Joaquin said on radio!" Hugh obviously meant it in a pretty positive way as he was laughing while he said it, so he didn't mean it negatively.
Laugh
The entire interview's online somewhere, if you want to listen to it. Oh, typical Joaquin!
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:22:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Hi justme,

Yeah, i heard that interview on an Australian radio station.

Unfortunately, the cavemen who were parading as DJs made the interview terrible to listen too... i'm not even sure they were sober. They also referred to Joaquin as "River". 7 billion people on the planet, and 99% could have done a better job than those Radio presenters.

I like Hugh Jackman though, i thought even he deserved the best actor Oscar over Daniel Day Lewis this year.

I like a rant every so often Wink

Here it is if you think you've got the stomach for it:

http://www.triplem.com.a...efore-oscars-rehearsals/
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline justme  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:39:58 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
They called him River? That's bad. In fact, that's really bad. Seriously, they're talking about the Oscar nominees and they can't even get their NAMES right? That's when you know things have gone downhill.
I like Hugh Jackman and Daniel Day-Lewis-to be honest, I thought if they wanted a real surprise this year, the Oscar would either go to Joaquin or Hugh Jackman-I thought he did well in Les Miserables. But apparently, the Academy just decided to go with the predictable choice. Confused No offence to Daniel Day-Lewis, of course-he's a great actor. I just thought Joaquin gave the most original performance.
Anyway, interesting to hear Hugh Jackman talk about him. BigGrin