JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:46:33 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
We know that Joaquin is a brilliantly talented actor but he's also, imo, a talented director. I'd love to see him direct more videos but I think I read somewhere that he finds the whole process too stressful.

This video isn't on Youtube but you can view it on Myspace via the link...

Arckid - I'll Stick Around

http://www.myspace.com/v...-ll-stick-around/9395786

Ringside - Tired of Being Sorry

People in Planes - If You talk Too Much

She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart

Albert Hammond Jr - In Transit

Hope you enjoy them! Smile

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline joy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:31:34 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Found a vimeo video of this..

I'll Stick Around - Arckid

Another video directed by Joaquin..

Siversun Pickups - Little Lover's So Polite

The boy in the video is one of Joaquin's nephews.

Directed by actor Joaquin Phoenix, the clip for the beguiling track was shot late at night in downtown Los Angeles .

"We were touring heavily and just came up from a secret show in San Diego for the shoot, so we were a bit frazzled," SSPU frontman Brian Aubert tells Spinner. "We were standing, and sometimes strapped in to flatbed trucks, and just whizzed around downtown. It was from 2 to 6 in the morning, but it gave us the needed energy to perform. It was nuts."

According to Aubert, Phoenix and the band hadn't had a previous affiliation. The actor-turned-video director -- who has lensed vids for People In Planes and She Wants Revenge -- merely submitted a treatment. "It ran along with our philosophy of how we approach music," Aubert continues. "Simple, casually edited, solid color schemes and no filler. It was real. That's what it looked like for one late night in our lives."

http://www.spinner.com/2008/03/07/silversun-pickups-get-polite-with-joaquin-phoenix/

Offline admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:54:30 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
I didn't know Joaquin directed so many music videos Joy!

It would have been great to see Joaquin direct a music video for his "character" in "I'm still here"! I guess the fact that Joaquin had a connection and interest in the music industry made the whole "I'm still here" story more plausible and that's why so many people are still confused as to whether it was real or not 

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:05:59 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
I didn't know Joaquin directed so many music videos Joy!

Our Joaquin's not just a pretty face, you know.  I'd love to see Joaquin direct more videos. I think he's taken some inspiration from Michael Muller, especially with the intensity of colours.

Quote:
I guess the fact that Joaquin had a connection and interest in the music industry made the whole "I'm still here" story more plausible and that's why so many people are still confused as to whether it was real or not 

That, and the fact that Joaquin behaves oddly from time to time - eg: Oscars, press conference at Venice.

Here's a snippet from Joaquin interviewing Arckid for Black Books in 2006. It's a funny interview - check it out.

JOAQUIN: Did we ever get a vote on what I’m going to with your music video?

ANTONY: You mean if you are going to do it or not?

JOAQUIN: Well, what I’m going to do is what I meant.

ANTONY: Yeah, we got a unanimous vote. The idea was “gynecological instruments.” When’s it going to happen?

JOAQUIN: The preliminary idea was inspired by the rearview camera on my Prius, which actually has a wide-angle lens that would be great for filming. I can't say much else. The ideas are sort of nebulous at the moment: Fire, trapeze artists, dancing bears, and… bunnies.

http://www.blackbookmag.com/music/rise-of-the-joaquin-phoenix-1.22348

Offline justme  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:12:06 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I didn't know that was his nephew, Joy! How did you find that out? Do you know which one it is, because he's got a few from what I've heard.

I love the song Little Lover's So Polite-it's on my ipod. So's Tired of Being Sorry and Tear You Apart. And not just because I like Joaquin!

I thought the little boy in the video looked a little like Joaquin-I guess that would make sense if he's his nephew!

Edited by user Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:17:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:35:21 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Justme  I don't know which nephew it is and I remember that info from when the video first came out. Someone on one of the forums back then had the details. I think he looks a bit like a young Joaquin as well.

I like the LLSP song too - in fact I like them all apart from Tear You Apart. I like the video and it's not like I hate the song but there's something in the music which makes me feel a bit queasy.