JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline justme  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 3:21:34 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

According to IMDB, there was a screening of Low Life in New York City on Thursday night! There are a few reviews on the IMDB message board, which are copy and pasted from somewhere else. There are way too many to paste here, but the link is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951181/board/thread/212397484?d=212549997&p=1#212549997

But anyway, by and large, the consensus seems to be that Marion and Joaquin are both really good, whereas people are less impressed by Jeremy Renner's character (but think he gave a good performance!) Did anyone, by chance, happen to go?

Everyone keeps talking about this big scene Joaquin has at the end-I'm wondering what it is, because everyone, even people who didn't like the film, are saying he's impressive there. However, some say it reminds of his Master performance. But most seem to agree he's great in the last scene or the scene near the end.

Just thought you'd all like to know! Some are saying the movie was a little slow but I don't mind slow movies! Certainly not with Joaquin in!

Anyway, there are a bunch of reactions there if you'd like to read them! Not all of them are overly positive but very few are wholly negative.

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2013 5:48:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Thanks for you info justme! Great news!

Judging by the comments it looks like it was a focus group showing, which means any weak points in the film could still be changed/modified to make it as good as possible!

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline kitten  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 31, 2013 9:14:30 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
justme wrote:

According to IMDB, there was a screening of Low Life in New York City on Thursday night! There are a few reviews on the IMDB message board, which are copy and pasted from somewhere else. There are way too many to paste here, but the link is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951181/board/thread/212397484?d=212549997&p=1#212549997

But anyway, by and large, the consensus seems to be that Marion and Joaquin are both really good, whereas people are less impressed by Jeremy Renner's character (but think he gave a good performance!) Did anyone, by chance, happen to go?

Everyone keeps talking about this big scene Joaquin has at the end-I'm wondering what it is, because everyone, even people who didn't like the film, are saying he's impressive there. However, some say it reminds of his Master performance. But most seem to agree he's great in the last scene or the scene near the end.

Just thought you'd all like to know! Some are saying the movie was a little slow but I don't mind slow movies! Certainly not with Joaquin in!

Anyway, there are a bunch of reactions there if you'd like to read them! Not all of them are overly positive but very few are wholly negative.

thanks for the info,  I read that they were going to release the movie at the end of the year,  but with screening maybe soner ,  but James grey movies are good, but slow in spots,  I love all James grey movies but they do get slow, but from the pictures I saw the movie looks very good,

Offline justme  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 10:20:12 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I heard they were going to release it at Cannes originally but apparently they changed it. It might be screened at Cannes now. Anyway, it will be sooner than the end of the year, hopefully!
Offline kitten  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 9:41:59 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

justme wrote:
I heard they were going to release it at Cannes originally but apparently they changed it. It might be screened at Cannes now. Anyway, it will be sooner than the end of the year, hopefully!

I love all James Grey movies,  so can not waite for this movie,

Offline kitten  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 9:43:13 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

justme wrote:

I love all James Grey movies,  so can not waite for this movie,

oh and of course Joaquin makes me

Edited by moderator Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:58:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote.

Offline joy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:03:46 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Thanks for the info, justme. Keep our fingers crossed for Cannes and hopefully Joaquin will attend. Maybe the film won't be released in the UK until later in the year..? USA first and then everywhere else some time after!