JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Guest  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:26:24 PM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Admin wiped me out. Took my IP address so I can't even see the forum. He didn't give me any warning he just deleted my posts and banned me. I never had any real conversation about the issues at stake with him . This after all the hours I dedicated to this forum not only in writing but promoting it. Many more than him I should say.
I think you are all a bunch of sexists . U do this to protect men's wrong behavior . U would rather shoot me for speaking out .
Sami





Logged in as: sami Inbox | Search | Active Topics | My Profile | Members | Logout

Joaquin Phoenix Forum » Suspended
Suspended
Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:45:59 PM.

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2013 1:50:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Ad info

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline deanna_demola  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 5:49:17 AM(UTC)
Quote
deanna_demola
Rank: Joaquin Admirer

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/23/2013(UTC)
Posts: 64
Woman
Location: New York

Don't you think that's a little harsh calling us sexists? We are protecting a man who we feel passionate about and I guarantee you would do the same. Don't even dare say you wouldn't do that because the person you love doesn't need protection because everyone needs to be looked after in some way shape or form. It's called being compassion and obviously you have none of it. You act like none of us have feelings so we shouldn't say anything back at you. You would do the same if you were in our situation. I think you should learn more about others feelings because you obviously don't care about what we have to say. We're shooting down what you have to say only because in case you haven't noticed, this is a place for FANS to discuss everything Joaquin, not to complain about Joaquin's wrong doings. You don't even know what's really going on in his life. You think you know what is really going on but you don't you could be all wrong you could be correct but it doesn't matter because you don't know. Look at it wrong both sides of the story instead of keeping these blinders up and making assumptions of how badly he runs his life. You know nothing. None of us do but we try to defend Joaquin because we care about him. Everyone makes mistakes okay? So what if he has bad behavior like you haven't? Because he's a celebrity his wrong doings are much more emphasized but how about treating him like a normal person who has flaws but we try to look past them because we care for him. We view him differently than you, we don't see him as a monster who always makes bad choices. We see him as a wonderful individual who has a lot to offer, and he makes mistakes but that doesn't dictate how we feel about him. 
Guest  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 11:07:59 AM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I didn't mean to hurt you or anyone else Deanna. I didn't really mean it when I said "you are a bunch of sexists " I was upset and frustrated and I said the1st thing that came to my Mind and i know most ppl here dont even care about me or my feelings, so no big deal . I didnt even bother to be accurate.


now doest it make sense to apologize when nobody really cares, including Joaquin?
I was wrong . I shouldn't have attacked Joaquin. He's an incredible actor , with his own principles, and ethics. Everybody is free to live their lives the way they want to . I just hope he wont end like Jack Nicholson. it would be a tragedy in my opinion .
Offline kitten  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2013 10:00:35 PM(UTC)
Quote
kitten
Rank: Joaquin Devotee

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/2/2013(UTC)
Posts: 421
Woman
United States
Location: Earth

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

deanna_demola wrote:
Don't you think that's a little harsh calling us sexists? We are protecting a man who we feel passionate about and I guarantee you would do the same. Don't even dare say you wouldn't do that because the person you love doesn't need protection because everyone needs to be looked after in some way shape or form. It's called being compassion and obviously you have none of it. You act like none of us have feelings so we shouldn't say anything back at you. You would do the same if you were in our situation. I think you should learn more about others feelings because you obviously don't care about what we have to say. We're shooting down what you have to say only because in case you haven't noticed, this is a place for FANS to discuss everything Joaquin, not to complain about Joaquin's wrong doings. You don't even know what's really going on in his life. You think you know what is really going on but you don't you could be all wrong you could be correct but it doesn't matter because you don't know. Look at it wrong both sides of the story instead of keeping these blinders up and making assumptions of how badly he runs his life. You know nothing. None of us do but we try to defend Joaquin because we care about him. Everyone makes mistakes okay? So what if he has bad behavior like you haven't? Because he's a celebrity his wrong doings are much more emphasized but how about treating him like a normal person who has flaws but we try to look past them because we care for him. We view him differently than you, we don't see him as a monster who always makes bad choices. We see him as a wonderful individual who has a lot to offer, and he makes mistakes but that doesn't dictate how we feel about him. 

 

I agree we do not know what goes on with Joaquin , but we all love him, oxoxo

Offline joy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:14:47 AM(UTC)
Quote
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Guests
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
sami wrote:
Admin wiped me out. Took my IP address so I can't even see the forum. He didn't give me any warning he just deleted my posts and banned me. I never had any real conversation about the issues at stake with him . This after all the hours I dedicated to this forum not only in writing but promoting it. Many more than him I should say. I think you are all a bunch of sexists . U do this to protect men's wrong behavior . U would rather shoot me for speaking out . Sami Logged in as: sami Inbox | Search | Active Topics | My Profile | Members | Logout Joaquin Phoenix Forum » Suspended Suspended Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:45:59 PM.

Hi Sami, I'm not sure what's been going on here - all your 'upset' posts are still on the forum and according to this, you have only been temporaily suspended and that was due to end on March 23rd. Strange. Perhaps Admin can throw some light on this - which of your posts, if any, have been deleted and why; and why you are still apparently barred from the forum.

 

sami wrote:
I didn't mean to hurt you or anyone else Deanna. I didn't really mean it when I said "you are a bunch of sexists " I was upset and frustrated and I said the1st thing that came to my Mind and i know most ppl here dont even care about me or my feelings, so no big deal . I didnt even bother to be accurate. now doest it make sense to apologize when nobody really cares, including Joaquin? I was wrong . I shouldn't have attacked Joaquin. He's an incredible actor , with his own principles, and ethics. Everybody is free to live their lives the way they want to . I just hope he wont end like Jack Nicholson. it would be a tragedy in my opinion .

 

 

Offline deanna_demola  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:38:58 AM(UTC)
Quote
deanna_demola
Rank: Joaquin Admirer

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/23/2013(UTC)
Posts: 64
Woman
Location: New York

Guest wrote:
I didn't mean to hurt you or anyone else Deanna. I didn't really mean it when I said "you are a bunch of sexists " I was upset and frustrated and I said the1st thing that came to my Mind and i know most ppl here dont even care about me or my feelings, so no big deal . I didnt even bother to be accurate.


now doest it make sense to apologize when nobody really cares, including Joaquin?
I was wrong . I shouldn't have attacked Joaquin. He's an incredible actor , with his own principles, and ethics. Everybody is free to live their lives the way they want to . I just hope he wont end like Jack Nicholson. it would be a tragedy in my opinion .

Of course it would be a shame but in my opinion, I don't see him heading down the path anytime soon. Sami, people care about your feelings, but we have to stick up for ourselves as well. I didn't want to hurt your feelings I was only speaking my mind and I think I can express my mind and although we don't see eye to eye on the situation, that's okay because everyone has different opinions. We were all just upset because we hate seeing someone we loved being attacked and I think it's okay to be upset on both of our parts since we don't agree. Not everyone has to agree on everything because everyone's different but that doesn't mean we can't argue about it because we feel strongly about what believe to be true. I believe in Joaquin. I believe he will stay true to himself because he is a humble, down to earth man, with an extremely amazing personality. I think you should have a little faith in him and trust that he will be okay.    :)
Offline admin  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:52:30 AM(UTC)
Quote
admin
Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,658
Man

Thanks: 285 times
Was thanked: 576 time(s) in 408 post(s)
Hi Sami (and hello others too!),

Sorry for taking a while to reply, i've had a busy Easter weekend (and am still busy!).

Anyway, just to clear up a few points:

  • Sami, i've never deleted any of your posts. Nothing has been deleted, your account has just been temporarily suspended, which can be changed back at the press of a button. I've also temporarily blocked your main i.p. address.
  • As an admin, I can see that you end up deleting around 50% of your own posts Sami? Why is this, seems a strange thing to do. No other member does this.

Reasons for your temporary suspension:

You've said many times now that the forum is taking up too much of your time and you need to take a break... but you never seem to manage to enforce this self-imposed break. The forum is a meeting place, it benefits from members and hopefully members benefit from it... it's suppose to be mutually beneficial and something add "a little spice to life" (i.e. not take up your life). I think it was no longer a healthy place for you based on your behavior. As i said before, you even acknowledged yourself that you were spending too much time on it. So, one of the reasons for suspending your account was to help you enforce a break from the forum for you, so you can concentrate on other things in your life.

Also, another reason, was that you were sending messages to other members like saying things like:

"If Joaquin ever changes it won't be thanks to your cowardice"
"I think u are just trying to please and put on a facade but don't worry I'm fucking gone"

Not really the signs of a healthy interaction with other members i'm sure you would agree. It seems Joaquin dating Sophie was a find straw or at least the debate surrounding it was?

So, in summary, i've suspended your account (i think i did it for 1 year, but that was just for convenience at any time it can be re-activated at a button press).

So, let's give it a little more time (Joaquin related news is slow at this time anyway) and see how things go and once you feel like you'd like to have access to the forum again, send me an email and we'll sort something out, after all, you've contributed so much since the forum started.

Do others think this is fair? Any objections or other opinions?

Take care!

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2013 7:00:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:05:07 AM(UTC)
Quote
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Guests
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Thanks for the info & clarifications, Admin.

It's sad that it's come to this, but on balance, I think your decision is fair. It's a shame that Sami seems to think the only valid opinion and point of view on this matter is hers.

 

 

 

admin wrote:
So, in summary, i've suspended your account (i think i did it for 1 year, but that was just for convenience at any time it can be re-activated at a button press).

Yes, it is a year....we're in 2013 not 2014 yet! I'm blaming losing an hour's sleep at the weekend!  

 

 

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:13:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Guest  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 1:17:57 PM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
" Not everyone has to agree on everything because everyone's different but that doesn't mean we can't argue about it because we feel strongly about what believe to be true. "


"I believe in Joaquin. I believe he will stay true to himself because he is a humble, down to earth man, with an extremely amazing personality. I think you should have a little faith in him and trust that he will be ok. "

I trust you Deanna the most . You have your own voice and ideas .

" Sami, i've never deleted any of your posts. Nothing has been deleted, your account has just been temporarily suspended, which can be changed back at the press of a button. I've also temporarily blocked your main i.p. address."

Well, thank you for letting me know. My last 2 posts were deleted, btw.

"As an admin, I can see that you end up deleting around 50% of your own posts Sami? Why is this, seems a strange thing to do. No other member does this."

Yes, I'm aware. That's a question you will need to figure out on your own .
---
I see you are putting the dirty laundry out there. Fine. The frivolity of "other members" was far more painful than my words could ever be. I was in shock . I only came back to defend kitten and after that . Well, my posts were gone.

"It's a shame that Sami seems to think the only valid opinion and point of view on this matter is hers. "

Next time Joaquin says something against celebrity I'll think about how his dating choices reflect upon it.
Guest  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:23:28 PM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You were my friends 4 a long time. When things got tough we saw our positions and now we are not friends anymore . This is sad. Joaquin brought us together and Joaquin separated us.
Offline joy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:49:31 PM(UTC)
Quote
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Guests
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)

sami wrote:
I only came back to defend kitten and after that . Well, my posts were gone.

 

Are these your last posts?

sami wrote:
I want to say something and I don't know what . This is getting weirder and weirder. I'm not upset with Joaquin anymore but if he's planning to continue to date younger hot models I'm not gonna do the cheerleader thing anymore . I can't possibly relate to a man who excludes women in his age range ( hello ? That's ME ) he doesn't know what he's missing ... His loss ! Kitten is very casual . U can't possibly take what she says literally . She's always half joking . I think h read too much into it. Nobody even paid attention to it here . We all know u love J at JPC !! That's not even necessary to say it. Its redundant. U shouldn't worry your reputation is spotless. I may have differences with u but i would never think you would bad mouth Joaquin. I speak for myself

sami wrote:
Admin cannot think of anything that would interfere but what about all the knowledge that comes from experience ? What about learning from your mistakes ?.. What about all the emotional strength u gain by finding reasons to continue to live with a young heart ? What about how many more books u have read over the years ? And so on and so forth . We are not automatons we are living organisms I can't believe u guys would defend such position!! I am better than I was 15 years ago . What was un my mind back then ? Mostly just party .

 

 

 

Guest  
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 12:44:39 AM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yes, they are. Where did you find them Joy ?
Guest  
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 1:23:36 AM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For the sake of context , the very last post was in response to this :


joy wrote:
Admin, as our resident fella, what do you think about Joaquin dating a 23 year old? Or any guy aged 38 dating a 23 year old, for that matter? Do guys go just for the looks?

Admin wrote:
Hmmm, i guess the age difference makes sharing some past experiences more difficult, e.g. reminiscing about the 70s, 80s or 90s etc. I don't think guys go just for looks, but looks are usually required for an initial attraction? But apart from difficulty in finding common interests because of interests that come with age... i don't think there are many other problems that spring to mind? Isn't there some silly formula, something along the lines of: take a guys age (38) divide by 2 and add 7 years = 26 years old and that equals the idea woman's age to date? (So, about right for Joaquin and the women he dates?) Something crazy like that. Oh, here it is:

http://www.urbandictiona...half-your-age-plus-seven

Maybe Joaquin is trying to find his own formula


Joy wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts, Admin – didn’t mean to overlook you last night.

I looked at the dating formula on Urban Dictionary and it seems it was invented to be ‘the rule to define the youngest that a romantic interest can be before the relationship is indecent.’ There’s also a formula to compute the oldest one could date without it being socially awkward - simply subtract seven from one's own age, and multiply by two, making Joaquin’s oldest 62. Imagine that! (No, I’m nowhere near 62! )
Offline joy  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 4:34:17 AM(UTC)
Quote
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Guests
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Guest wrote:
Yes, they are. Where did you find them Joy ?

They were copied before they were deleted. I was going to respond but by that time they'd gone.

sami wrote:
I only came back to defend kitten and after that . Well, my posts were gone.
 
Which posts do you mean? The ones I've copied, or some other ones?
Offline admin  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:53:34 AM(UTC)
Quote
admin
Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,658
Man

Thanks: 285 times
Was thanked: 576 time(s) in 408 post(s)
joy wrote:

Are these your last posts?

sami wrote:
I want to say something and I don't know what . This is getting weirder and weirder. I'm not upset with Joaquin anymore but if he's planning to continue to date younger hot models I'm not gonna do the cheerleader thing anymore . I can't possibly relate to a man who excludes women in his age range ( hello ? That's ME ) he doesn't know what he's missing ... His loss ! Kitten is very casual . U can't possibly take what she says literally . She's always half joking . I think h read too much into it. Nobody even paid attention to it here . We all know u love J at JPC !! That's not even necessary to say it. Its redundant. U shouldn't worry your reputation is spotless. I may have differences with u but i would never think you would bad mouth Joaquin. I speak for myself

sami wrote:
Admin cannot think of anything that would interfere but what about all the knowledge that comes from experience ? What about learning from your mistakes ?.. What about all the emotional strength u gain by finding reasons to continue to live with a young heart ? What about how many more books u have read over the years ? And so on and so forth . We are not automatons we are living organisms I can't believe u guys would defend such position!! I am better than I was 15 years ago . What was un my mind back then ? Mostly just party .

Hi Joy and Sami,

There are so many messages marked as deleted by Sami. However, none of them are permanently deleted, I can undelete them. It would take me forever to go through the deleted ones and find the exact ones above. If you can tell me the rough date/time of the messages and thread the above messages are from i can undelete them if you'd like?


admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Guest  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:15:16 AM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Admin, there is a difference between posts I chose to delete and posts you deleted . It is my intellectual property not yours. I think you are being nasty with me now. You don't have any right to publish anything I chose not to just because u control my personal content in here . It would be a breach in confidentiality . My style of posting is personal and nobody has any right over it. I thought better of you, some1 so private that even gave his real name after a year. I don't even know your age or your profession. I know nothing about you . This is not cool.

Offline joy  
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 7:02:31 AM(UTC)
Quote
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Guests
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)

No, Admin, there's no need to undelete any of the posts Sami deleted. Since Sami is adamant that you've deleted some of her posts and you say you've never done that, I'll leave you both to haggle over it.

 

 

 

 

Guest  
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:34:28 AM(UTC)
Quote
Guest
Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 135

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have no interest in the posts Admin deleted at this point . What upsets me is the lack of communication we've had so far. I don't know why you guys hate me so much . I am truly sorry that by expressing my opinions I have offended the forum members . It's not that I think I'm right and you're wrong. It's that you haven't provided any strong argument to support your position. You have blocked me instead . Obviously these are topics we all feel very strongly about . Why don't you prove me wrong, if you think I'm wrong ? I would like that please .

Edited by user Thursday, April 4, 2013 9:03:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 4:51:28 AM(UTC)
Quote
admin
Rank: Administration

Reputation:

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 5/8/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1,658
Man

Thanks: 285 times
Was thanked: 576 time(s) in 408 post(s)
Just to keep forum members up-to-date in case they wondered, forum member Sami has chosen not to be with us anymore and "not come back now, ever."
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#20 Posted : Monday, March 3, 2014 8:20:24 AM(UTC)
Quote
joy
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Guests
Joined: 8/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,236
Location: Where the heart is.

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Oh? And what brought this on this time, admin? 











Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
Users browsing this topic
Guest (5)
2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Forum Jump  
You can post new topics in this forum.
You can reply to topics in this forum.
You can delete your posts in this forum.
You can edit your posts in this forum.
You can create polls in this forum.
You can vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2019, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.640 seconds.