JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 9:01:42 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
So, I was out in the garden earlier, when it was dark, and a large, bright orange, glowing object 'flew' across the sky. It was too low to be an aeroplane. It was moving quite fast but not high speed. Really bizarre. Unsure

Just wanted to mention it. Laugh

Feel free to post any random stuff in here.
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline admin  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 9:33:17 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
That;s cool Joy, seems like there is lots of activity in space... thank goodness for that ThumpUp

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:59:43 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Admin,

I watched this video. Very interesting. Is it real footage? I mean, it looks real to me but with all the high-tech capabilities these days sometimes it's hard to tell. How very weird that NASA lost sight of the space shuttle!!

What came to my mind whilst watching was the Shoemaker Levy comet of 1994. Do you (anyone?) recall this event? I was fascinated with how the comet's pieces were lined up in a row and then entered into Jupiter one by one. I actually thought it was part of the intergalactic space community converging for a conference on Jupiter. Laugh I still do! Laugh

UserPostedImage

Shoemaker Levy comet formation

UserPostedImage

Jupiter Shoemaker Levy Diagram

More info on Shoemaker Levy:

http://www.bobthealien.co.uk/cometshoemaker.htm

Offline joy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:07:42 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Has anyone seen comet panSTARRS? I looked for it last night and tonight but no luck yet.

PanSTARRS' name is an acronym for the Hawaiian telescope used to spot it two years ago - the Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System.

Currently a mere 93million miles away, the comet is now heading away from our solar system and is not expect to return for another 100,000 years

PanSTARRS has already been visible to observers in the southern hemisphere for some weeks, but appeared in northern skies for the first time in the past few days.

It will be visible in the northern hemisphere for the next few weeks, just after sunset in the west.

UserPostedImage

Comet C/2011 L4 PanSTARRS is seen in almost clear skies over the coast of Cumbria last night

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

PanSTARRS seen from Los Angeles next to the waxing crescent moon off the western coast of southern California

Comet PanSTARRS is the first of two comets which will appear in the night sky this year in the UK.
Later this year, in November and December, Comet ISON is expected to be one of the brightest comets ever seen and experts believe it will be brighter than the moon in the night sky.
And next year astronomers are anticipating potential cosmic fireworks after they identified a comet hurtling into our solar system that could hit Mars with potentially catastrophic force.
According to current calculations, comet C/2013 A1 (Siding Spring) is set for a near miss that will bring it within 23,000 miles of the surface of the Red Planet.
But the unpredictable nature of comet orbits, which can change as jet-like geysers of steam erupt from their surfaces as they near the Sun, means it could pass further away, or veer into a direct collision course.

http://www.dailymail.co....n.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Offline joy  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 8:40:22 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hope everyone enjoys the Easter holiday.
Offline admin  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 10:07:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:

You too Joy! Looking forward to some nice choclit! 
Offline joy  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:18:49 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

You too Joy! Looking forward to some nice choclit! 

Hehe...did you get any? I did, but it's all been eaten now.

It's April & my teeth are still chattering!!

Offline joy  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:41:09 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Goodnight Everyone....

Offline joy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 6:57:49 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I read a story in the press here today which made me shake my head in amazement and think about Michael Muller.

Here's the LA Times version..

A web of LAPD officers searched Monday for a Spider-Man performer in full costume who snatched $6,000 on Hollywood Boulevard.

The unidentified street performer made off with $6,000 from a Starline Tours operator as the worker left a company office Friday morning, police said.

Several performers in Spider-Man suits have been detained briefly for questioning since the incident, police said. But as of Monday morning, none were identified as the thief, said Officer Chris No of the Los Angeles Police Department.

Along with the cash, the Spider-Man performer also made off with credit card receipts.

The incident is the latest involving a character performer in Hollywood. In 2009, another Spider-Man performer was accused of assault. Fights between performers have been know to occur outside the landmark Chinese Theatre as they compete to earn money from tourists posing with them for photographs.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-spiderman-gone-bad--6000-20130429,0,7234070.story

I wonder if it was this one?

Or this one?

Or are they the same one? Lol.

Hope you had a nice May Day.

Offline admin  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:32:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joy, maybe he needed the $6k to buy a decent Spiderman costume!  A nice skin tight one 
Offline joy  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:45:24 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Joy, maybe he needed the $6k to buy a decent Spiderman costume!  A nice skin tight one 

Whatever floats your boat, Admin.  

btw, forgot to mention that the Spiderman photos are by Michael Muller....just in case you hadn't figured that out already.

Offline justme  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:26:13 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sounds like something out of a movie!  Wonder what Spiderman spent the cash on....
Offline joy  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:27:15 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I don't think those 2 Spidermans in the photos are the same - they're bum bags are different.

Admin thinks he needed the cash for a tighter outfit, justme. Maybe he got bored with being Spiderman (or too much competition) and needed the money for a new Superhero outfit?

Offline sami  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 12:07:37 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

this song brings back so many memories..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLhpHjmxNw8
Offline sami  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:32:55 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I was just listening on TV the owner of an art gallery w masterpieces such as Caravaggio, El Greco, etc saying that he had to think if ways to make ppl stop to watch the paintings. He said: " This is a small gallery, it takes 1 minute to go up and down the hall . This is the amount if time it took ppl to watch the paintings" he's painted the walls in bright colors now so that the paintings stand out more . He also removed all written explanations and added visual guides, something that makes it easy too identify . I just find it a bit shocking !
Offline sami  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:22:35 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Sorry , I didn't mean to judge you ! I just came in here and posted what was in my mind. I didn't mean it as a response to your post. I was tired and I wanted to say something good.
I don't like these pics . He seems to have become very cynical. He probably just hates the paps but the ones looking at him are the fans and the vibe I get from him is not good. He gives me the "fuck you!" Vibe. I am worried about Joaquin. He's gonna fucking destroy himself completely . He's not himself .
If he has the money why doesn't he pay people that give him advice ? Why does he keep this attitude ? It clearly isn't working!! I don't think he looks happier now than before.
I feel bad for saying this in the public. So I will post it in the members only area.
Offline sami  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:40:19 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I probably worry too much !
Offline joy  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:31:26 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
Sorry , I didn't mean to judge you ! I just came in here and posted what was in my mind. I didn't mean it as a response to your post. I was tired and I wanted to say something good.
I don't like these pics . He seems to have become very cynical. He probably just hates the paps but the ones looking at him are the fans and the vibe I get from him is not good. He gives me the "fuck you!" Vibe. I am worried about Joaquin. He's gonna fucking destroy himself completely . He's not himself .
If he has the money why doesn't he pay people that give him advice ? Why does he keep this attitude ? It clearly isn't working!! I don't think he looks happier now than before.
I feel bad for saying this in the public. So I will post it in the members only area.

Which pics are you talking about and who are you saying this to? 

Offline sami  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:09:34 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi Joy,
It was in response to Fedupandstressed last message. I was very worried about Joaquin when I wrote that post , the next morning I realized it's not such a big deal. Please don't take it as an offense but as a person who cares and at that particular moment was very worried. 

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:16:19 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
sami wrote:
this song brings back so many memories..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLhpHjmxNw8

Sami; I still support him despite of all