JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<2324252627>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#481 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 2:24:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)

Joaquin Phoenix interview: ‘I always think acting is hard’

Joaquin Phoenix is the go-to actor for haunted emotion, but he’s softened up to play a lonely writer in ‘Her’

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#482 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 2:37:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Offline joy  
#483 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 7:43:30 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
That interview took place when Joaquin was/is in London? 

Offline joy  
#484 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 7:51:20 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
I have to wait a little more... I'm very sad because of Spike Jonze... did I tell u that I'm follower in Instagram? He uses to reply everybody less me LOL LOL LOL He doesn't pay me attention!!!

I don't think they are going to come to Spain to a premier of the movie... I suppose it will be a general premier... and if it happened, it would be in Madrid (no my city), so to me is the same!

That's a shame. Maybe you can do something to make him notice you more? WRITE IN CAPITALS?

Offline joy  
#485 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 8:02:48 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

Ok, I'm going to pass it without love... But i will try to not be envious of the fortunated people who found his middle in the latest times!!!!
My rule was: Looking for my middle orange, I usually eat tangerines... The trouble is that every time there are less tangerines...

Haha, I don't understand half of this. Middle orange?  Is it a Spanish thing? Hang on a minute....

Do you mean this?

I spent the evening with my sister, so that was fun love.   And I was given a grapefruit today. Does that count as a valentine? Haha. They called it a pampelmuse, but it's just another name for a grapefruit. 

Anyway, not that today is really more special than any other day of the year, but I hope you all had a lovely day however you spent it. 

This one is for you, admin..

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#486 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 4:01:04 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
joy wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:

Ok, I'm going to pass it without love... But i will try to not be envious of the fortunated people who found his middle in the latest times!!!!
My rule was: Looking for my middle orange, I usually eat tangerines... The trouble is that every time there are less tangerines...

Haha, I don't understand half of this. Middle orange?  Is it a Spanish thing? Hang on a minute....

Do you mean this?

I spent the evening with my sister, so that was fun love.   And I was given a grapefruit today. Does that count as a valentine? Haha. They called it a pampelmuse, but it's just another name for a grapefruit. 

Anyway, not that today is really more special than any other day of the year, but I hope you all had a lovely day however you spent it. 

Yes, it is a Spanish thing... when we find the perfect partner we say: He or She is my middle organge (It's what Administrator will say when he met Scarlett Johanson)... LOL We have a lot of expression like this!

Administrator, I think this interview was made when they where in the Fesival in London in November, because it looks like other ones that he had during those times...
I like the way he describes the work of an actor, as a simply employed... because a lot of actors believe that the fact of being artists made them different to the rest of people, and they behave in a strange way when they think that they are being gazed by us...

Offline admin  
#487 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 11:20:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:

Thanks Joy!  Would love to kick a football (aka soccer ball) were hearts came out of it, would score some really pretty goals!  I bet more ladies would watch the game on the telly too if that happened....

fedupandstressed wrote:
Administrator, I think this interview was made when they where in the Fesival in London in November, because it looks like other ones that he had during those times...

Yes fedupandstressed, i think you're right!  These journalists seem to do these interviews months/weeks ahead of time when the actor is available and then release it to coincide with the movie release.
Offline joy  
#488 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:51:38 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I don't remember Joaquin being in London last November. Anyone able to refresh my memory? 

fedupandstressed wrote:
 Yes, it is a Spanish thing... when we find the perfect partner we say: He or She is my middle organge (It's what Administrator will say when he met Scarlett Johanson)... LOL We have a lot of expression like this!

That's sweet. We have a lot of odd sayings in English too, as all languages do, but I can't think of any right now. lol.

admin wrote:
Would love to kick a football (aka soccer ball) were hearts came out of it, would score some really pretty goals!  I bet more ladies would watch the game on the telly too if that happened....

Well it would certainly make the game more interesting lol.                     

Offline joy  
#489 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 5:46:39 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

joy wrote:
I don't remember Joaquin being in London last November. Anyone able to refresh my memory?

Okay then, don't. See if I care! 

I'll do my own detective work...Joaquin was in London on November 8th, 2013. 

Offline joy  
#490 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 5:55:44 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Bad news for Spike...

Spike Jonze accused of stealing Her screenplay in lawsuit

Edit: Admin, how come when I do the link thingy it always goes to a "this webpage is not available" page?  

Later edit: Nevermind, I've figured it out. 

Edited by user Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:19:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#491 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:02:07 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

**~**~**~**~** SPOILER ALERT! **~**~**~**~**

Spike was interviewed about 'Her' on BBC Newsnight via satellite link. He seemed more interested in asking Emily Mathias what she thought of the film but does give his opinion on what the film is about. 

Offline joy  
#492 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:14:43 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

JOAQUIN PHOENIX: "I HATE INTERVIEWS"

Maverick, award-winner, tricky interviewee; Joaquin Phoenix confronts ShortList’s Tom Bailey

You’re admired for intense roles such as Freddie Quell in The Master. But have you ever sold out and done a film to pay the mortgage?

Of course. People say there are actors and then there are movie stars. Well, I don’t want to be a movie star – I don’t even want to be called an actor. I’m an employee. I just do my f*cking job and I hope that I please the director. It’s so funny to me when people say [a film] has ‘good actors’ – and actors believe it and sh*t. You’re completely a hostage to the director. The director is the most important person to me.

Joaquin is employed as an actor, so he's an actor, surely? Isn't it his job description in the same way that someone might be employed as a bank manager, or a doctor, or a milkman, or a mechanic, or a baker, or a waiter, or a whatever? Then again, is he an employee in the same way as those people? Does the director, his employer (according to Joaquin), pay him his wage? Deduct his taxes and so on? 

What’s your karaoke song of choice these days?

I’ve never done it, but it’d be Ice Ice Baby. Is that meant to f*cking reveal something about me?

Ideally. But we’ve heard you make up stuff in interviews…

[Laughs] Well, you’ll never know, will you?

I can believe that this tune would be Joaquin's karaoke. 

Offline joy  
#493 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:21:28 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

On a roll tonight. 

Offline joy  
#494 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 7:41:43 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Offline admin  
#495 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:00:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Okay then, don't. See if I care!

Oh, sorry Joy, didn't see your question!  Yeah, if i remember rightly Joaquin was in London as he stopped over before heading over to the Rome Film Festival. 
#496 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:02:38 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

LOL LOL LOL

Can't stop of laughing... I never liked this song really, but I used to imitate him... Ice Ice Baby... It's the best part of the interview!!!
#497 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:05:38 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:

fedupandstressed wrote:

That's sweet. We have a lot of odd sayings in English too, as all languages do, but I can't think of any right now. lol.

admin wrote:
Would love to kick a football (aka soccer ball) were hearts came out of it, would score some really pretty goals!  I bet more ladies would watch the game on the telly too if that happened....

Well it would certainly make the game more interesting lol.                     

Yes he was. In Joaquin Phoenix Central put some photos of that time because it was the place where the first shuts of JF+Gfriend where taken! LOL

Edited by moderator Monday, February 17, 2014 4:48:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Offline joy  
#498 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:50:42 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

Yes he was. In Joaquin Phoenix Central put some photos of that time because it was the place where the first shuts of JF+Gfriend where taken! LOL

Admin had posted some photos on this forum on November 8th too:

and I had commented on them (#163):

but when you get to my age, you forget things lol. 

Offline joy  
#499 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 1:11:35 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Oh, sorry Joy, didn't see your question!  Yeah, if i remember rightly Joaquin was in London as he stopped over before heading over to the Rome Film Festival. 

I forgot to acknowledge you, Admin! Having a brain overload kind of day today. lol. Hugs! 

Offline admin  
#500 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 4:50:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
but when you get to my age, you forget things lol. 

Hey Joy, i found these...

... i think they may be yours?