JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2010 2:57:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Trailers for the upcoming Joaquin Phoenix movie/documentary "I'm Still Here" (Due for release September 10th 2010, official movie site: http://www.imstillheremovie.com):

Official Trailer 1

Edited by user Sunday, August 29, 2010 3:11:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline maybe  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:45:29 PM(UTC)
maybe

Groups: Registered

Dude I get it...You have got some serious issues bro. We all do! I love your acting, your rap career sucks worse than Nick Cannon's. However, there is some value in the lyrics. Just watched your documentary and have seen all your movies. YOUR A GREAT ACTOR!! SO BE A GREAT ACTOR!! You are not a great RAPPER!! DONT TRY TO BE A GREAT RAPPER! Dude, lay off the drugs cause man that shit is messing you up bad!! Also, lay off the hookers and shots of showing your friends junk. I mean pull your stuff together sir. Honestly, you need some Jesus bro. You documentary actually made me feel bad for you cause your spiraling in on yourself and you have opprotunities that effin 99% of the world doesnt have opprotunities for. I dont know what youve been through or where you are going or what is in store.....but from that documentary you are way BETTER than that. I hope this reaches you and you GET IT THE HELL TOGETHER!
Sincerely,
An anonymous fan,
-Maybe
Offline achu2u  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 11:22:14 PM(UTC)
achu2u

Groups: Registered

wow just watched your "I'm still Here" my dad was a child prodigy with the piano and went on to have a successful career but he left the money I guess for many reasons, although he still plays for church every Sunday. He became a politician and has done remarkable things for many people, he has been Knighted by the Spanish Government. My Mum has had multiple Sclerosis since her early 20's, so I've had a really hard life more than I can tell you at the moment. I understand your trauma and pain, don't let HOLLYWOOD chew you up and spit you out again, hold your head high, have more self respect( you KNOW you deserve that)respect your body and mind, give up the coke, smoke a little and get on with your life, if you can't do it for yourself than do it for RIVER, you are so much more(especially to God the Father of us all)and with his love and help, also River (watching over you)you can beat your demons and have a happy and fruitful life. May the light of the Lord shine down on you as walk the hard road of life. Bless you Maree X
Offline sami  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:06:45 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

I'm still chewing on this film after 2 weeks of watching it. It is so disturbing...... I am still making sense of it.
Offline sami  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:17:54 PM(UTC)
sami

Also, How do you know which one is the real Joaquin? He could well be playing a character when he speaks during interviews as himself.. Confused

Edited by user Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:53:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:47:47 AM(UTC)
sami

Here's a very good documentary that explores the same issues as I'm Still Here.

Starsuckers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi8X6kD6LvE
Offline sami  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:27:58 AM(UTC)
sami

I have been thinking about I'm Still Here since I watched it. Trying to find what is the point, not understanding exactly why.

On one side I could see the motivation of Joaquin Phoenix to break the mold he was being put in at the peak of his career but after this I couldn't go further. I might be getting a little closer to the point now.

The main point is not what happens during the film but that it is a lie. He had no intention of leaving acting, he had no intention to pursue a hip-hop career, it was a blatant lie.
Doubts arise regarding the lifestyle that is portrayed in the film, i.e drugs, prostitutes, procrastination, looks, personality traits, speech, etc. However,I assume it it a lie as well.
The film is so shocking that I forgot the most important point: It is a lie.

Joaquin Phoenix said on Letterman that the film explores the relationship between celebrity, the media, and the consumers. I am beginning to understand why he said that. First of all, the media lies all the time.They fabricate stories, mostly about celebrities. They sell lies to the consumers and they buy them.
Now, in this case Joaqui Phoenix and Casey Affleck flipped the coin: they told a lie themselves and sold it to the media who in turn sold it to the consumers.
It is briliant when you think about it because it is the first time that a celebrity took action in a creative way.

there is also the reality show side of it. Watching someone successful falling from grace and making fun of him becaue he is not doing what he is expected to do andvbeing treated as a looser. The culture of win/fail doesn't leave room to self-discovery.It's not about wining or loosing but about doing what you love and feeling good with one self. Of course main stream media is not interested in this. They target our lowest instincts and contaminate our consciousness with gossip and sensational melodramatic stories. Joaquin gave them what they wanted but it was a lie.

The consumers aren't free of criticism. If all of this exists is because there is a demand.
I will talk about my personal experience. I never used to care about celebrities until I needed evasion from reality.
I am blessed for I have analitical skills but I would dare to say that most people, specially in america, don't.

So, what is the role of the tabloids? To fill the empty lives of the consumers with stories about famous people.

What is the role of celebs? To create stories for the media to sell to empty people. Voluntarily or not.

Who gets more benefit? The mediator between celebs and consumers.

It shows the nature of the ppl behind this. the biz ppl who have destroyed culture, humanity, and he general intellectual capacity of society.Their job is to contribute to ppl staying empty for as long as there is a void it will need to be filled continuously with more gossip. No principles, no ethics, just greed. The only way for consumers to break free is discipline. Consumers are portrayed as passive agents but in reality they/we have the most power. It all depends to see that we have a choice. Te choice to say yes or no.

Edited by user Monday, December 12, 2011 4:43:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified