JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:54:57 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

So it strikes me that even his fans don't get him sometimes. I used to be one. If u only look at the surface u won't see what Joaquin is about.
its taken me a while but I finally understand him . its so nice in here !! Much respect .
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline joaqfan1  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:14:17 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

Groups: Registered

Hey guys, just wonder what happened to Joaquin's dad and does Joaquin go and see him? I know his dad and mum got divorced but since they were such a tight family unit it seems weird he would move out of the country.

oh and I'm hoping Joaquin wins either the Oscar or a BAFTA BigGrin
Offline admin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:31:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Hi joaqfan1,

I've often wondered that myself... i don't the answer, i'm not sure anyone posting on here will, it's pretty personal.

I do know that at the end of "I'm still here", where Joaquin is sitting with his father... it isn't his real father, it's actually Ben and Casey Affleck's father.

For those of those who haven't seen Joaquin's father, there are plenty of photos of him in this fan video:

Definitely see the likeness with Joaquin.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:45:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:01:47 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm afraid I can't answer your question either, joaqfan1, but just wanted to say "hello" and welcome to the forum. Smile
Offline joaqfan1  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:50:07 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

hey :) and that video is so sad, makes you think what could have been. But I find that River was a lot more into the image of an indie kid whilst Joaquin hates that.

Its interesting how Joaquin left education at 14 yet seems very intelligent.
Offline sami  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:01:37 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hello,
I've wondered about Joaquin's dad too. I think he's a very private person. I also thought about how smart Joaquin seems without ever going to college although he must have finished high school , right ?
Offline joaqfan1  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:45:26 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

Nope, he was home schooled until the age of 14. He stopped because they sent him a dead frog to dissect. 14 is very young though.
Offline sami  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:36:52 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joaqfan1 wrote:
Nope, he was home schooled until the age of 14. He stopped because they sent him a dead frog to dissect. 14 is very young though.

I didn't know that ! It explains a lot of things , just imagine growing up with parents giving you so much freedom. Of course it has advantages and disadvantages ... Maybe this is why it's so hard for him to go through awards and ceremonies like that !
Offline joy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:22:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

joaqfan1 wrote:

I didn't know that either.

Are you still here, Joaqfan1? I was wondering, since you're in London, if you are planning to go to the BAFTA red carpet to see if Joaquin is there?
Offline joaqfan1  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:52:48 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

yeah luckily he was talented and had that creativity in his family. I know I wouldn't have made much of myself if I dropped out at 14 (although that's illegal in the UK anyway)

Hey Joy, I seriously doubt Joaquin is going to the BAFTAs but I really hope he does since its nominated The Master with the most awards out of the major ceremonies. Considering how brief his walks on the carpet usually are I don't think i'll bother.

But if I find out (online) that he is in London, I might frequent more vegan restaurants in the city. LOL
Offline joaqfan1  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:45:35 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

here's a quote from Joaquin about school "I was doing that home school thing and the motherfuckers sent a dead bloated frog to my house to dissect."
Offline sami  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:19:09 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joaqfan1 wrote:
here's a quote from Joaquin about school "I was doing that home school thing and the motherfuckers sent a dead bloated frog to my house to dissect."

With all due respect to animal right defenders, this quote is really funny LOL

Edited by user Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:24:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:26:16 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joaqfan1 wrote:

Hey Joy, I seriously doubt Joaquin is going to the BAFTAs but I really hope he does LOL

perhaps he will ! But I take it he doesn't like to fly ...Huh
Offline joy  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:05:16 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

joaqfan1 wrote:
Hey Joy, I seriously doubt Joaquin is going to the BAFTAs but I really hope he does since its nominated The Master with the most awards out of the major ceremonies. Considering how brief his walks on the carpet usually are I don't think i'll bother.

I seriously doubt Joaquin will go too. I think it would be great if Joaquin, PTA, PSH & AA all attended the BAFTAs together, as an ensemble group, since they’ve all been nominated for an award. Especially bearing in mind what Joaquin said in his UK Critics acceptance speech. However, if he doesn’t want to come (or can’t come) I’m okay with that too. It might be that none of them come over for the BAFTAs. We'll just have to wait and see.

joaqfan1 wrote:
But if I find out (online) that he is in London, I might frequent more vegan restaurants in the city. LOL

As will a lot of other Joaquin fans, no doubt. Joaquin in town is good for business. Laugh

joaqfan1 wrote:
Hey Joy, I seriously doubt Joaquin is going to the BAFTAs but I really hope he does LOL

sami wrote:
perhaps he will ! But I take it he doesn't like to fly ... Huh

He doesn't. He flew to Venice and Toronto recently though, so he does fly sometimes.

Offline joy  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:13:37 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Reading the frog quote brought this to mind...

This was the only Youtube clip I could find but some of the sound is missing. Here's the transcript with the missing part:

At the Hollywood premiere Walk the Line (2005), Joaquin Phoenix fielded scores of red carpet questions about his transformation into Johnny Cash. But with one AP reporter, Phoenix got momentarily sidetracked.

Out of the blue, Phoenix suddenly asked, "Do I have a large frog in my hair?"
Reporter: "No. No."
Phoenix: "Something"s crawling out of my scalp."
Reporter: "No, you look great."
Phoenix: "No, but I feel it. I"m not worried about the looks. I"m worried about the sensation of my brain being eaten... What did you ask me?"

Joaquin was kidding! Laugh
Offline sami  
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 7:38:31 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

He's so original !! Ppl still talking about those (sexy) comments !
Offline sami  
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:57:45 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Is Ken Robinson famous in the UK ? I'm a big fan of his! If u don't know him u should check out his TED talk which at the moment has 14M + views ..

" Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity."

http://goo.gl/gV7WL
Offline admin  
#18 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 4:22:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
sami wrote:
Is Ken Robinson famous in the UK ?

Never heard of him Sami Confused Will check out the video...
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#19 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 7:27:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I've not heard of Sir Ken Robinson before now either. Maybe he's well-known in the educational field....he's been knighted (hence the 'sir') so must be known in some circles. Huh Anyway, I thought the TED video was fantastic! He could definitely make it in stand-up comedy if he ever wants to change careers! Laugh Beyond the humour though, he makes serious points, and all without an autocue. Cool Thanks, Sami. Smile

I don't know if you know about Steiner education, but it would seem to fit in well with what KR is saying:

http://www.steinerwaldor...istinctiveeducation.html
Offline sami  
#20 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2013 5:21:17 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi BigGrin

I assumed that everybody who gets the "Sir" title is famous in the UK but I guess it would b difficult to keep up. Tbh I dont even know who won the writting awards this year in my country Blushing But thanks for watching the vid Joy! I'm glad you liked it as much as I do ! He's got a sense of humor, yesLaugh what he says makes sense to me.
I read the 10 main points of the Steiner education. I think it's better than traditional school system. It just seems more respectful to human nature. There seems to be a new trend towards creativity .. Its still not mainstream but it will ,... At least that's what the experts say ! It's gonna get better , yay BigGrin