JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#281 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 3:49:36 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I love you Admin Cool
I have the impression that there will be many heads left rolling after the oscars this year .. How do we prepare for that ? We 're gonna need some kick ass sense of humor . I'm glad I'm in good company here Laugh
In any case, Joaquin not winning an Oscar is the kind if event that could incite riots in my opinion. Many ppl will be so angry .. I'm curious to see the reaction !
--
If I was Joaquin right now I would be in Hawaii w/o any form of communication. Laugh

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 4:09:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#282 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:56:06 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:
Lincoln is merely a film, no government propaganda here, nothing to see, move long, it's just a film... Sleep

'Lincoln' DVDs to Go to All U.S. Middle and High Schools

A historian's review of 'Lincoln':

http://alcalde.texasexes...oln-a-historians-review/

sami wrote:
I have the impression that there will be many heads left rolling after the oscars this year .. How do we prepare for that ? We 're gonna need some kick ass sense of humor . I'm glad I'm in good company here Laugh

Joaquin could do worse than come over here for some Oscars cheering up too. BigGrin

sami wrote:
In any case, Joaquin not winning an Oscar is the kind if event that could incite riots in my opinion. Many ppl will be so angry .. I'm curious to see the reaction !

I reckon with you on Twitter a riot is highly likely if Joaquin doesn't win the Oscar. BigGrin Wink

Quote:
If I was Joaquin right now I would be in Hawaii w/o any form of communication. Laugh

I wonder if Joaquin's thinking about his acceptance speech? Maybe he's convinced he definitely won't be going home with the Oscar so isn't bothering but what if he does get the Oscar and he hasn't prepared anything? It's just too weird a situation. Having to think about what you might say just in case you do win and then if you don't win feeling stupid for having thought about what you might say if you had won but on the other hand not thinking you're going to win so not bothering to think about what you might say but then if you do win having to think of something to say on the spot and then getting all tongue-tied and not knowing what to say and then feeling stupid because you didn't think about it beforehand. If you know what I mean. Blink
Offline joy  
#283 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:19:23 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
Joaquin dances great, oh thanks again for the droll bib, I love it Drool

Are you running out of drool, Kitten? Only one this time, eh? Wink Are you going to join us for the Oscars? I know you're not going to watch the show, but we'll have Joaquin pics and stuff here, I'm sure.
Offline admin  
#284 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 10:51:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Oscars 2013 Best actor debate

"Telegraph film critics Robbie Collin and Tim Robey debate over who should win this year's best actor Oscar. "

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#285 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:00:41 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:

I wonder if Joaquin's thinking about his acceptance speech? Maybe he's convinced he definitely won't be going home with the Oscar so isn't bothering but what if he does get the Oscar and he hasn't prepared anything? It's just too weird a situation. Having to think about what you might say just in case you do win and then if you don't win feeling stupid for having thought about what you might say if you had won but on the other hand not thinking you're going to win so not bothering to think about what you might say but then if you do win having to think of something to say on the spot and then getting all tongue-tied and not knowing what to say and then feeling stupid because you didn't think about it beforehand. If you know what I mean. Blink

Exactly !!!

Perhaps actors give tips to each other to deal with stuff like that !
Offline kitten  
#286 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 11:17:42 PM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
kitten wrote:
Joaquin dances great, oh thanks again for the droll bib, I love it Drool

Are you running out of drool, Kitten? Only one this time, eh? Wink Are you going to join us for the Oscars? I know you're not going to watch the show, but we'll have Joaquin pics and stuff here, I'm sure.

I need my bib, no will not watch, the truth is I saw all the movies that the actors that in the running are in, and they are all very good, another daniel day win is to much, for real , it is sick to me and my friends. I think daniel day did a grat job, but what makes him good is the make up and people think he better than he is when you look at him in the movie he looks like abe lincoln but it is all make up, the other actors did not have that make up going on just acting, that what I think. I don't run out of drool for Joaquin , hugs Drool
Offline joy  
#287 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:31:24 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

That’s a good point, Kitten. The fact he looks so much like Abe Lincoln might be another reason why DDL has had so much success with these awards. Huh

Thanks for the video review, Admin & Wiki article, Sami. Cool
Offline sami  
#288 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:54:49 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Thanks for the video Admin. I enjoyed it but thought it was too short. It is amazing to see how little related stuff there is online.. there isn't almost any article related to Joaquin. I guess they wanna wait til Oscars day...?

Kitten, I never thought about the physical resemblance. It's true , they are very similar !! Do you know there is a woman in my building that is related to Lincoln and she looks very similar. Her face is just like Lincoln's !! She is very straight and thin like a stick !

BTW, I wanted to tell you that I contacted the girl in this pic on twitter and I asked how was it. This is waht she said:

" ... he is the nicest guy! And OMG his eyes are amazing!!!! "

I asked if she talked to him and she said :

" Yeah, he was overwhelmed that he was the main reason we were there and very thankful!"

That's nice. I like how humble Joaquin is. I hope he never changes!

UserPostedImage

I invited her here.. I would love to know more !

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:30:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kitten  
#289 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:23:08 AM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
That’s a good point, Kitten. The fact he looks so much like Abe Lincoln might be another reason why DDL has had so much success with these awards. Huh

Thanks for the video review, Admin & Wiki article, Sami. Cool

that is what I think, when people see daniel day in the lincoln makeup they think it is abe lincoln, but what is great is not his acting is the makeup , the makeup people should win the oacar not daniel day, but what movie goers see in daniel day is lincoln the great president, with Joaquin his acting stand out and I think he should win, but I love Joaquin , hugs he makes me Drool
Offline sami  
#290 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:50:16 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Kitten , I know ur mad at Daniel but its not his fault . I don't think he's stupid . I like him actually ... U must be mad at the Academy not Daniel. I was trolling @TheAcademy on twitter the other day. It was fun ! Wink

Btw What happened to daniels earrings ? Remember how edgy he looked when he picked up his oscar for There Will Be Blood?
Offline joy  
#291 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:14:18 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
BTW, I wanted to tell you that I contacted the girl in this pic on twitter and I asked how was it. This is waht she said:

" ... he is the nicest guy! And OMG his eyes are amazing!!!! "

I asked if she talked to him and she said :

" Yeah, he was overwhelmed that he was the main reason we were there and very thankful!"

That's nice. I like how humble Joaquin is. I hope he never changes!

I invited her here.. I would love to know more !

This is terrific! I hope she does join and tell us more. That is if there's more to tell. Or just join in generally. Cool
Offline sami  
#292 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:36:36 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Yes, She's joined . Her name is misskooky. I would like to know more details about Joaquin, the whole experience what did he do before and after, was there a lot of people waiting to take pics.. what color are his eyes exactly? I ask this because sometimes they look green and other blue ... I dunno.. Just give us juicy stuff if there is any !

I will DM her !! If she does stop now u know her name !
Offline joy  
#293 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:13:28 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

That's cool. Come on Misskooky! We want to know everything! Don't be shy. BigGrin
Offline joy  
#294 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:39:16 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
that is what I think, when people see daniel day in the lincoln makeup they think it is abe lincoln, but what is great is not his acting is the makeup , the makeup people should win the oacar not daniel day, but what movie goers see in daniel day is lincoln the great president, with Joaquin his acting stand out and I think he should win, but I love Joaquin , hugs he makes me Drool

sami wrote:
Kitten , I know ur mad at Daniel but its not his fault . I don't think he's stupid . I like him actually ... U must be mad at the Academy not Daniel. I was trolling @TheAcademy on twitter the other day. It was fun ! Wink

Maybe the Academy will surprise everyone and give the Oscar to Hugh Jackman – a nod to European politics. Wink

samie wrote:
Btw What happened to daniels earrings ? Remember how edgy he looked when he picked up his oscar for There Will Be Blood?

The earring holes healed over during the time he spent researching & filming 'Lincoln' (Abe Lincoln didn't have pierced ears) and now the earrings are in his jewellery box?

Edited by user Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:44:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#295 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:44:41 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I found these photos from the 2006 Oscars on a Russian site. They're from the Vanity Fair after-party.

Looking good! Wub

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

With his leading ladies...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Offline sami  
#296 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:37:34 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Nice pics, Joy. Thank you !

Just sharing this article from The Hollywood Reporter :

An Oscar Voter's Brutally Honest Ballot

One director shares his choices, calling "Argo" a "whole lot of nothing," saying "Django Unchained" is "Tarantino masturbating" and passing on "Amour" because "there's only so much diaper-changing I can tolerate."

A version of this story first appeared in the March 1 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
One of the 371 members of the Academy’s directors branch recently invited me over to his office to listen in as he openly deliberated about how to fill out his final ballot for the 85th Oscars. As you can tell from his remarks -- highlights of which have been reprinted below, category-by-category -- he has seen virtually all of the contenders and has very strong but carefully considered opinions about them. He opted to vote online rather than via paper ballot -- “because I want to feel young again,” he said with a chuckle -- and did not experience any issues with the voting system. His main issue, in fact, is with the studios that have inundated him with promotional swag, most of which he doesn’t want. “I’ve gotten books, cookbooks and just about everything short of Lincoln condoms,” he cracked. “It’s ridiculous.” Eventually, we got down to business, and, in no particular order, touched upon all 24 Oscar categories.

(Excerpt)
BEST ACTOR
“I would be surprised if Daniel Day-Lewis doesn’t get 80 percent of the vote -- people like and respect him and also the character. I’ll bet you that none of the other nominated guys have even written a speech. I, too, thought he was very good, but basically it was a lot of soliloquies, you know, so I didn’t see that much range from him. For Bradley Cooper, the nomination is his award. Hugh Jackman did a terrible job singing many of the songs in Les Mis -- I think the live singing, in many cases, actually hurt the movie because the singing just isn’t as good as it could be. Denzel Washington plays a drunk and an addict, which is very difficult to do, and it’s a brilliant performance, but so much of it goes on the natural fumes of Denzel, and he’s already won two Academy Awards. So I’m gonna vote for Joaquin Phoenix, who gives a performance for the ages. So much went into that performance. He created a character as distinct as Daniel Plainview [Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood], from always hunching and putting his right hand on his hip to crying as he’s being audited.”
Vote: Joaquin Phoenix (The Master)

Read the whole thing here: (all the other categories)
http://m.hollywoodreport...lly-honest-ballot-422546
Offline admin  
#297 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:50:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Sami,

In an insane world, it's nice to see a glimpse of sanity every so often. Here's hoping that the majority of the voting members share the same sense and reasoning.
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#298 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:16:54 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I know Admin, it can be so frustrating sometimes .. it's ppl like this who are the ones "carrying the torch" .. If u know what i mean .
By the way, I had no idea that the movies sent them promotional stuff .. I'm surprised they're even allowed to do that .. Confused

I don't have any hope admin. I refuse to chase the carrot anymore . If they give it good, if not too. I just take it as an opportunity to celebrate Joawuin's performance .. And the movie .. We've been following it since last Summer , so it will be a nice way to close it .

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:25:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#299 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:41:04 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Remembering the past academy nominations
Whether win or not people still talk about them ThumpUp

2013: Freddie Quell

UserPostedImage

2005: Johnny Cash

UserPostedImage

2001: Emperor Commodus

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:08:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#300 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:53:21 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

@ryanbinaco: Sunday is a chance for Hollywood to do the right thing. Joaquin Phoenix. Best actor. #Oscars

@IAmRobertHolik: Although many actors were absolutely amazing this year, Joaquin Phoenix literally made me drop my jaw. Some of the very best acting EVER.

@annakedavra: He voted for Joaquin Phoenix tho. DDL is totally getting that Oscar, but I will weep a waterfall of joy if Joaquin wins I am telling you.

@z_rebecca: Best Actor #OSCAR - will win: Daniel Day-Lewis (80%), should win: Joaquin Phoenix

@SimmondsJoshua: The Master is a masterpiece, I must watch it again. Joaquin Phoenix (must win), Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams all deserve Oscars!

@KathyEhrichDowd: I know #DanielDayLewis is a lock for Best Actor, but I feel a bit bad for #JoaquinPhoenix. He was crazy-good at being crazy in #TheMaster.

@cindysa03: @JuanCarlosCNN #JoaquinPhoenix debió de ganarse un Óscar desde Gladiador, es excelente actor! #Oscar2013

@Liamir: Para @JuanCarlosCNN en los #Oscar2013 la estatuilla #MejorActor se la lleva #DanielDayLewis por #Lincoln pero debería ganar #JoaquínPhoenix

@manish_vij: The Master: Joaquin Phoenix gets one long, magnetic, unbroken take and never blinks. He’s being brainwashed. Most gripping scene all year.

@perfectmorsel: @manish_vij I read that most of his scenes were improvised beyond the script for The Master. The jail scene was incredible.

@athenakay: I've only seen half of The Master but Joaquin Phoenix was really amazing in all 50% of what I saw of it

@snubsandflubs: Prediction 4 - Who will win best actor? Daniel Day Lewis, Lincoln. Who should win? Joaquin Phoenix, The Master (Ya, I went there!) #Oscars

@fbiagent4hire: Half an hour into The Master and Joaquin Phoenix is incredible. #Oscar worthy performance for sure

@cocosmallz: If you don't love Joaquin Phoenix pls don't talk to me I'm being about 35% serious

@lovelyeli_duh: On oscar sunday i will sit on my couch and say to myself "and the oscar for best actor goes to.....*whispers* Joaquin phoenix"..