JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1415161718>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#301 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:43:31 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I got a message from Misskooky :

" ... I'm gonna sit down on sat and write in the forum my story of meeting Joaquin! As its Oscar weekend! That will cheer you up! "

Great news, huh? BigGrin ThumpUp

I look forward to it, misskooky . Thank you :)

Edited by user Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:53:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#302 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:13:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
That's great Sami and Misskooky! Something to look forward too... Cool
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#303 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 5:53:23 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

only a powerful force can change the results we already now .. that is the voice of the people and u should see how beautiful it is ! everybody's getting out saying Joaquin should win. Just search keywords on twitter ! U should make a profile now and rally for him too. If u can do sth about it, that's it. Twitter is powerful . Now, go !!u can add me u know where I am !
Offline admin  
#304 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 10:30:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

TVandFilmReview.com: 2013 Oscars – Who Should Win

"Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook
Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln
Hugh Jackman, Les Miserables
Joaquin Phoenix, The Master
Denzel Washington, Flight

This is another one that’s already been sewn up in many minds by Daniel Day Lewis, who is formidable in Lincoln. But I would love to see Joaquin Phoenix nick it for The Master. It’s such a physical and all-encompassing performance – out of the five his is the one that lingers the most."

Offline sami  
#305 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:26:33 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

This one from Rolling Stone Magazine is funny !Laugh

The Oscars are fast approaching, and Peter Travers is ready to make his predictions for this Sunday's winners and losers. But this time, Travers goes Two-Face as Indie Travers and Mainstream Travers argue it out to claim the title as the true movie expert. While Indie Travers goes crazy for Joaquin Phoenix in The Master, Mainstream Travers thinks Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln has Best Actor in a Leading Role "locked up." For Best Actress in a Leading Role, Mainstream Travers calls a toss-up between Jessica Chastain from Zero Dark Thirty and Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook. But Indie Travers calls shenanigans and goes gaga for nine-year-old Quvenzhané Wallis of Beasts of the Southern Wild. And it rages on. Can't we all just get along?

Watch the video here: http://www.rollingstone....s-20130221#ixzz2LgmpWzKv

I love this from New Now Next Magazine:

At this point, it’s something of a foregone conclusion that Lincoln is going to sweep the Academy Awards. Even if it doesn’t win all 12 of its nominations, it’s a safe bet that Daniel Day-Lewis will take home the Oscar for his portrayal of the 16th president. And don’t get me wrong, he’s pretty great. He always is. He disappears thoroughly into the iconic role, making it his own while doing justice to the larger-than-life figure. As The New Yorker suggested on its latest cover, it’s easy to forget that you’re not watching the real Abe onscreen – he’s the definitive Lincoln.

However, there was another performance this year that was just as captivating, just as bold, and – importantly – even more original: Joaquin Phoenix as Freddie Quell in The Master. Oh good lord, how good is he in this movie? Sure, you might forget you’re watching Day-Lewis in Lincoln, but you also forget you’re watching Phoenix in The Master – arguably a more impressive feat, considering all the weirdo baggage that Joaquin Phoenix comes with. I knew that I loved Day-Lewis before this year, but I had no idea of Phoenix’s power.

I didn’t come here today to bash Lincoln. It’s basically flawless (except for that weird candle thing at the end). It’s also The Ultimate Hollywood Movie, a smooth and efficient Oscar-grabbing machine – it’s a biopic of a beloved historical figure, directed by Stephen Spielberg, written by Tony Kushner and featuring a cavalcade of stars. The Master, on the other hand, is personal, enigmatic and messy. It’s also supremely acted and beautifully filmed by one of the most challenging and innovative directors around, P. T. Anderson (remember There Will Be Blood?). It’s a film that demands to be seen again and puzzled out, while many would agree that sitting through Lincoln once was about half an hour too much already (okay, I came here to bash Lincoln a little).

The Academy loves biopics, but I think a purely fictional character as fully realized as Freddie Quell is a much more impressive feat. As Quell, Phoenix straddles the line between a monster and an innocent, all the while extremely compelling and deeply human. He goes through furious rage, raptures of joy, distrust, love, betrayal and ultimately peace. He’s really acting the shit out of this movie, but you’re never aware of any hint of performance. He’s amazing.

So, Joaquin, even if you don’t win the real Academy Award on Sunday, know that you’ve won the Academy Award of my heart (and really, it’s an honor just to be nominated). And take comfort in the fact that, if you do lost, you can always blame it on Hollywood being full of Scientologists.

http://www.newnownext.co...cars-the-master/02/2013/
Offline joy  
#306 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:02:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
If Joaquin is happy to win an Oscar then I’m happy for him too, but I don’t believe in them. There are some things I do believe in though and I’m toying with the idea of setting up an account and tweeting Joaquin’s PETA video all over Twitter. I’d like to do it whilst the awards are being broadcast but I can’t do that because I’m unable to stay up into the early hours of Monday. I’ll see what I can do to get the video out there in the run up to the Oscars and the pre-awards broadcasts. Joaquin must have known that PETA was intending to have the video shown during the Oscars and agreed to it, but since ABC have vetoed that then maybe Twitter will be a good tool to still get the video some exposure during the awards show.
Offline admin  
#307 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:06:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

UserPostedImage

Tonight is the night! Only a few hours away now until the Oscar red carpet followed by the ceremony itself!

I wonder what Joaquin is doing to prepare for the ceremony right now? He's probably got a map out of the complex and working out the best way to dodge the red carpet interviewers and enter the building without being seen Flapper

Offline joy  
#308 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:24:31 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Joaquin did that for the Golden Globes, Admin: I think he'll do something different for the Oscars. Maybe a dance down the red carpet this time?

UserPostedImage

Hope all goes well for you tonight, Joaquin. UserPostedImage
Offline admin  
#309 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:30:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes Joy, we all know Joaquin can do a good jig!

I'd love for Joaquin to spend the whole evening in character as Freddie, that would be something special! BigGrin
Offline joy  
#310 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:03:42 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Yes, Admin, Joaquin could throw tomatoes at anyone whose speech went on too long. Laugh

He might be in character for his next film, rumoured to be 'Inherent Vice'. Set in California 1969/70

UserPostedImage

Wouldn't be real fur, obviously.
Offline admin  
#311 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:08:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes Joy, i'm currently listening to the "Inherent Vice" audio book... lots of dialogue and strange characters, set in interesting times... will be good to see Paul Thomas Anderson's interpretation of it! Cool
Offline joy  
#312 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:16:37 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I read a synopsis of the book and some of those characters' names were a little freaky! If Joaquin does do the film I think he'll enjoy getting his teeth into it. Let loose another kind of wild, maybe.

I'm reading 'The Prisoner of Heaven' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. No connection whatsoever to Joaquin but a good read! His other novels are too. BigGrin
Offline sami  
#313 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:22:41 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hello my friends. How are you ? I'm finishing diner here . I'll be back soon Cool Hugs !
Offline joy  
#314 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:24:37 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I've got to go now, Admin. Are you keeping an Oscars vigil? If so, hope you have lots of coffee to keep you going. See you later! *waves*

PS: Hi Sami, didn't see you nip in there! See you later too!
Offline admin  
#315 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:28:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
I've got to go now, Admin. Are you keeping an Oscars vigil? If so, hope you have lots of coffee to keep you going. See you later! *waves*

Sleep well Joy... i'll be on here as long as my eye lids allow me... see you tomorrow when will be celebrating Joaquin's oscar win! Cool

Hi Sami too! Still waiting to see Joaquin turn up at the Oscars! Blink

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:37:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#316 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:44:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

"Dan Zak ‏@MrDanZak

Joaquin Phoenix just blew past everyone at a high clip. No posing for him. He's an artist. #Oscars"

"Ramin Setoodeh ‏@RaminSetoodeh

Joaquin Phoenix just stormed past everyone on the #Oscars red carpet. Is he doing a sequel to his documentary?"

"etalk CTV ‏@etalkCTV

Joaquin Phoenix arrived at the Oscars solo and b-lined it right inside the theatre. #ctv #oscars"

Same old Joaquin! BigGrin

Edited by user Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:54:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joaqfan1  
#317 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:32:13 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

Groups: Registered

watching the oscars so excited GO JOAQUIN and i watched the red carpet couldnt see joaq, now i know why!
Offline sami  
#318 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:45:46 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:

Sweet dreams Joy ! I've just managed to get here in time. I've tweeted the PETA ad twice already for ya :)

In ay case I see that I didn't miss anything yet !

I like the comment of this photographer:

" Joaquin Phoenix just blew past everyone at high clip. No posing for him. He's an artist. #Oscars"

I love it.

Just been watching a bit the red carpet and the impression I get is that this isn't about cinema, this is about entertainment..s

I also recommend reading this blog post that helps put things into perspective a bit: Razz

http://cigsandredvines.b...s-on-academy-awards.html
Offline sami  
#319 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:47:47 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joaqfan1 wrote:
watching the oscars so excited GO JOAQUIN and i watched the red carpet couldnt see joaq, now i know why!

Hi Joaqfan Laugh It looks like a lot of people is going out saying Joaquin should win and if I have a tiny bit hope it's because of that. Let's see Laugh
Offline joaqfan1  
#320 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:50:27 AM(UTC)
joaqfan1

Groups: Registered

just saw joaq on screen ahhh, that snub by Hoffman is bad sign :(