JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:26:47 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:
Yeah, in those photos Joaquin looks exactly how i feel when i have to go to people's weddings, i.e. I'd rather be anywhere else but here now, but grin and bear it... or judging by the photos Joaquin just went for bear it, minus the grin. RollEyes

Hi Admin! Do you like any social activities? Laugh Wink Smile Anyway, Joaquin must have read what you said because he's put his smiley face on at the LAFCA's. Smile
Offline joy  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:44:33 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
Mark Olsen ‏@IndieFocus
"I don't know what detached efficiency means, but I just want to say thank you and good evening." Joaquin Phoenix, best actor

I don't know what it means either. Huh

sami wrote:
LA Film Critics ‏@LAFilmCritics
"I just wanna thank everybody who wrote about it, whether you liked it or not." -- Paul Thomas Anderson, accepting Best Director.

Does that mean us too? We wrote about it and loved it! ThumpUp Oh, I see... it's a critics' event.... he means them. Laugh

Thanks for the info, Sami. Smile

Offline admin  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:53:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Great comments Joy, like the Withnail and I comparison! Laugh

Can't see Joaquin on the Golden Globes Red Carpet Sad He's cutting it a bit fine! Hope he's attending! Confused

[Edit] Apparently, according to one report, Joaquin has slipped into the building unnoticed! Cool

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:13:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:54:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

No win for Joaquin at the Golden Globes Glare

No surprise, we are dealing with American award's ceremonies here and all the bulls**t politics and propaganda movies. Mad I'm surprised they didn't just go full on and make a movie about Abraham Lincoln killing Bin Laden while rescuing some American diplomats from Iran.

Let's hope the BAFTAs actually vote for the best actor! Cool Maybe the American award ceremonies can redeem some credibility with the Oscars BigGrin

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 2:21:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:18:13 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi all,

I just read that DDL won the GG for best actor in drama category. I agree Admin, that it's a bit disappointing. I will definitely go to watch Lincoln on the cinema this week now because really, if anyone can surpass Joaquin's performance as Freddie Quell, it has to be, wait.. no, it can't be surpassed. IT WAS SO MIND BLOWING !!

Offline sami  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 1:20:56 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

sami wrote:
LA Film Critics ‏@LAFilmCritics
"I just wanna thank everybody who wrote about it, whether you liked it or not." -- Paul Thomas Anderson, accepting Best Director.

joy wrote:
Does that mean us too? We wrote about it and loved it! ThumpUp Oh, I see... it's a critics' event.... he means them. Laugh

Thanks for the info, Sami. Smile

My pleasure Joy.

Maybe we count more than you think.. look how many views The Master thread has now.. ! We are uncredited critics or whatever !Cool
Offline Barbara T  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 2:33:53 PM(UTC)
Barbara T

Groups: Registered

I am so disappointed that he did not get a Golden Globe tonight. He deserved the Best Actor award for his performance in The Master. He deserves an Oscar for his acting in this movie. He also deserved the Oscar, Golden Globe and any and all awards for The Gladiator and playing Johnny Cash. I don't understand the 'snub' this man receives year after year. He is so good yet so ignored. What does he have to do to win? It can't be his ability to act. He is the best.

Offline QuestarOne  
#28 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:21:21 PM(UTC)
QuestarOne

Groups: Registered
Woman

I saw Joaquin in "The Master" first. I thought it was a riveting portrayal of Freddie. he was amazing. Intense. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. A man of many characters. I love his performances in many different movies. I saw "Lincoln" a week before Christmas, was totally bored. I though it dark, dull, and totally boring. Was not impressed at all. In fact, I walked out, with only a hour to goo. What a waste of my money. I don't know how they pick most pictures that come up for awards. It was good to see Joaquin though, looking good. This is just my opinion.
Offline admin  
#29 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:06:14 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Barbara T and QuestarOne,

I couldn't agree more! Cursing Oh well, we already know there is no justice in the world. The main U.S. award ceremonies show their true colors once again.

Edited by user Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:12:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#30 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:09:26 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Barbara, Questar, Admin,
I agree with you all and share your frustration ! I think what this is gonna do is that people will seek other awards that are more true to their artistic values . Perhaps this will start a new trend ? Or perhaps other countries awards such as baftas will fill in the gap?

In any case, we can't say Joaquin didn't warn us !LOL

Questar, thanks for letting me know about the Lincoln movie. I want to watch it anyway just to see it with my own eyesBlink

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 6:25:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#31 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:14:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin tries to show some reserve and decorum at last night's Golden Globes after hearing the "Kathryn Bigelow knows all about torture... because she was married to James Cameron for three years" joke:

UserPostedImage

... i think he just about manages it BigGrin, but we all know Joaquin has a great sense of humor Cool

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 7:20:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#32 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:29:49 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hello Barbara T & QuestarOne. Good to read your comments. Smile

admin wrote:
Can't see Joaquin on the Golden Globes Red Carpet Sad He's cutting it a bit fine! Hope he's attending! Confused

[Edit] Apparently, according to one report, Joaquin has slipped into the building unnoticed! Cool

It looks like Joaquin only wanted to participate in the main ceremony part of the GG awards process (and possibly the press chat afterwards, if he’d won). Maybe this is a fore-telling of what we can expect at the Oscars ie: no red carpet? Anyway, Joaquin was there with his mom. This is DDL’s acceptance speech, but the camera pans to Joaquin when his name is mentioned at the beginning with the nominations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XllWB4zxOQ

admin wrote:
No surprise, we are dealing with American award's ceremonies here and all the bulls**t politics and propaganda movies. Mad I'm surprised they didn't just go full on and make a movie about Abraham Lincoln killing Bin Laden while rescuing some American diplomats from Iran.

Or get an ex-president to endorse. Oh, wait……they did!!

admin wrote:
Let's hope the BAFTAs actually vote for the best actor! Cool

The BAFTAs have their agenda too, no doubt. Wouldn’t surprise me if Skyfall picks up the lion’s share of the awards, although I would be surprised if the Queen turned up to make a pitch for it. Laugh I’ll be surprised if Joaquin turns up too.

sami wrote:
Maybe we count more than you think.. look how many views The Master thread has now.. ! We are uncredited critics or whatever ! Cool

I know! Over 15,000!!! Woot Would PTA read this stuff though? Just in case….. Hello! *waves* BigGrin

About Joaquin not winning the GG.....the optimist in me is saying….well, maybe the BAFTA or Oscar. The cynic in me is saying….they’re putting Joaquin through all this just to make him squirm and the same thing is true of the Oscars - whether he wins it or not, they want him squirming because of what he's said. The realist in me is saying….sheesh, in the grand scheme of things they’re not important! Joaquin done good with Freddie – he/we don’t need an award to know this!

sami wrote:
I think what this is gonna do is that people will seek other awards that are more true to their artistic values . Perhaps this will start a new trend ? Or perhaps other countries awards such as baftas will fill in the gap?

If people do seek other awards, is that not just perpetuating the whole awards process and culture? I don't like the Oscars, but I like the *whatevers* so I'll do what I need to win one of those, kind of thing? Or do you mean create a new award which has certain artistic values and criteria at its core?

Admin, that clip is freaky!!!! Laugh

Offline admin  
#33 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:50:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
Questar, thanks for letting me know about the Lincoln movie. I want to watch it anyway just to see it with my own eyesBlink

Sami, I agree with Questar, i thought it was a boring film... and it wasn't even Daniel Day Lewis' best career performance. I think you have to look at "My Left Foot" or "In the Name of the Father" for that.

Look forward to hearing what you think of Lincoln, Sami. My guess is that you will think it's an average film at best. Bored Seems to me all the American optimism movies this year "Lincoln", "Zero Dark Thirty", "Argo", et al are to try and raise the American public spirits to try and get them to not realize that they are in a dire economic depression (an engineered one, but that's another story for another time).

Joy, some great comments and observations there! Cool Can't believe they dragged out Clinton... new depths of desperation reached...

Offline sami  
#34 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 9:44:20 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
Joaquin tries to show some reserve and decorum at last night's Golden Globes after hearing the "Kathryn Bigelow knows all about torture... because she was married to James Cameron for three years" joke:

UserPostedImage

... i think he just about manages it BigGrin, but we all know Joaquin has a great sense of humor Cool

That really does capture *the spirit* LOL LOL

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 8:07:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#35 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:07:49 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:

I know! Over 15,000!!! Woot Would PTA read this stuff though? Just in case….. Hello! *waves* BigGrin

Tht's sweet Joy !! I think PTA must be reading cigarettes and red vines? But just in case, I say hello too :)

joy wrote:

About Joaquin not winning the GG.....the optimist in me is saying….well, maybe the BAFTA or Oscar. The cynic in me is saying….they’re putting Joaquin through all this just to make him squirm and the same thing is true of the Oscars - whether he wins it or not, they want him squirming because of what he's said. The realist in me is saying….sheesh, in the grand scheme of things they’re not important! Joaquin done good with Freddie – he/we don’t need an award to know this!

This is pretyy much what I've gone through as well.. although right now I'm more pessimistic than optimistic.

joy wrote:

sami wrote:
I think what this is gonna do is that people will seek other awards that are more true to their artistic values . Perhaps this will start a new trend ? Or perhaps other countries awards such as baftas will fill in the gap?

If people do seek other awards, is that not just perpetuating the whole awards process and culture? I don't like the Oscars, but I like the *whatevers* so I'll do what I need to win one of those, kind of thing? Or do you mean create a new award which has certain artistic values and criteria at its core?

I was just speaking for myself actually.

personally, I'd rather look for experts who care about movies, and have respect about the profession than keep expecting Hollywood something that doesn't fulfill my expectation.

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 10:40:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#36 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:23:05 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
sami wrote:

Sami, I agree with Questar, i thought it was a boring film... and it wasn't even Daniel Day Lewis' best career performance. I think you have to look at "My Left Foot" or "In the Name of the Father" for that.

Thanks , ok u convince me . I'll wait for it to be on Netflix then LOL

admin wrote:
Joy, some great comments and observations there! Cool Can't believe they dragged out Clinton... new depths of desperation reached...

INDEED !

Funny video Admin !!! Ahaha

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 10:41:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#37 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:57:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

This news has only just been released, so is still unconfirmed, but apparently Joaquin when he collected his L.A. Film Critic's Best Actor award, took the opportunity to announce a new movie biopic he will be lead actor in. It's not a singing role this time as it was for "Walk the line", this time Joaquin has taken on another brave role, this time a sporting role! He will be playing none other than Soccer legend, Kevin Keegan! Amazing news! There is no end to this man's versatility as an actor!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I can't wait to see this movie! This is 100% Oscar award material. All the ladies will get to see Joaquin running around kicking a soccer ball in some of the shortest shorts ever seen on a male LOL It will be a box office smash of epic proportions.

This post will be completely lost on so many readers Flapper Time for some medication.Blink

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 11:35:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#38 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 3:25:45 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

OMG Admin, where do I contribute to make this happen ? U have a good sense of marketing : Joaquin running around in shorts . I'm in ! That's big box in Latin America and Europe but for The States it wouldn't pan out , it 'd be "too gay " LOL just sayin ' You'd have to have a different version .. Maybe Joaquin playing volley on the beach would work better , David Hasselhoff style LOL
UserPostedImage
>hitting head with hammer <

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 3:48:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:54:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sami, you say soccer is "too gay"... and then post a picture of a "man" topless who calls himself the The Hoff! Blink BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:01:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:34:21 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Admin, I thought you was serious until I saw the words 'Kevin Keegan'! Laugh He was my second choice after Paul McGann playing Marwood in 'Withnail & I'! I have football mad brothers... Tongue

Sami, I think Joaquin (or The Joaq) would be up for beach volleyball beefcake but the beach would have to be pebbles not sand, the waves rough & crashing and the skies dark & brooding. Laugh

If ever Dexys want to film their bio-pic....

UserPostedImage