JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kitten  
#81 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:43:25 AM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
OK, I believe you! You see a ring on his finger! And.........the moral of this story is.....what?

I want so bad for Joaquin to be happy, I was crazy for River have all his movies and I am crazy for Joaquin so that the deal
true love for the Phoenix's , I think what I love the most about JP he does not eat animals Drool

that is the truth his acting is so awesome but his love for animals is what touches me for real BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:50:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#82 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:17:41 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm sure we all want Joaquin to be happy, Kitten. Smile I think it's great that Joaquin doesn't eat animals too. Smile
Offline kitten  
#83 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:34:45 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
I'm sure we all want Joaquin to be happy, Kitten. Smile I think it's great that Joaquin doesn't eat animals too. Smile

I think the fact that Joaquin no animal product is my attraction to him, that is the truth that is why I love him so much. like river said
why should I eat animals not for me to eat . Joaquin, summer and rain feel the same, love themDrool
and heart and liberty phoenixLOL
Offline sami  
#84 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:26:00 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
Joaquin has spoken about this in the past saying something along the lines of how he’s been snapped just getting off a plane after a long flight, in mid sneeze or something and then the caption is ‘Joaquin Phoenix hung-over and back on the booze’ or whatever. If I had to stand in front of a lot of camera flashbulbs all my pics would have me with screwed up and blinking eyes. Blink Laugh

The paps are scum Laugh

joy wrote:
I was actually thinking of other herbal medicine. Cool

hahaha ! We will never know but we can guess...Laugh

joy wrote:

I imagine Admin thought “Cute animals??!! RollEyes Soppy girls!” or something like that. Laugh Hugs, Admin! Smile

I'm happy with Admin's behavior LOL Hugs to u Admin LOL

joy wrote:
Also, it may be that HC had other commitments, work or family for example, which meant she couldn’t attend with Joaquin; or she was unwell; or she just didn’t want to go to the GGs. Maybe Joaquin knows what a rough deal some fans give his girlfriends and he didn’t want to expose her to that. Whatever the reason, we don’t know the reason. I’m sure that if Joaquin wants everyone to know that they’re still together, he’ll let everyone know. Smile

Yes, I really think that the grocery shopping pic was strategic and on purpose. Do you think Joaquin doesn't know how to avoid the paps? I think he wanted to proof they are still together just Heather not going to the Globes.. And I agree there could be any reason for that !

sami wrote:
There is an article on the NY today regarding Armstrong scandal .. their position is pretty much : " Well, what is the big deal, anyway everybody lies all the time?" I thought, well Joaquin doesn't lie. Cool

joy wrote:
Certainly not about taking drugs to enhance his cycling performance! Wink

I think Joaquin makes a big point of being honest. He actually prefers to say things ppl don't want to hear and that will upset rather than lying.. He's made a big point about it me thinks.. He may lie about minor stuff, like we all do ..

kitten wrote:
guess you are wright, I know he keeps his girls very private under the radar , just hope he is happy Laugh

joy wrote:
Does Joaquin have a harem then? Laugh Wink

It could get quite competitive, can u imgine LOL LOL
Offline sami  
#85 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:27:16 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

kitten wrote:
joy wrote:

I think the fact that Joaquin no animal product is my attraction to him, that is the truth that is why I love him so much. like river said
why should I eat animals not for me to eat . Joaquin, summer and rain feel the same, love themDrool

Yes, they seem like a very nice family. I agree Kitten BigGrin
Offline sami  
#86 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:28:58 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
It's a couple of year old now, but maybe this is a clue as to why Joaquin doesn't like to hang around on the red carpet at ceremonies!

Cool

Hi Admin, thanks for this video. It gets quite scary when all the cameras start yelling his name and wanting to get his pic together with James and Vinessa .. I guess that's what Joaquin means when he says "he doesn't want to let it go to his head"

I'd be scared too !
Offline sami  
#87 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 2:41:56 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
This is the introduction RDJ gave to Jodie Foster's CBdeM award speech. The camera pans to the floor a few times and Joaquin can be seen on a number of these shots. In the segment where JF is being given a hamster Blink Laugh Joaquin can be seen enjoying the moment. BigGrin

To tell u the truth , I think It's all a bit forced ...

Edited by user Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:03:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#88 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:30:03 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
joy wrote:

He loves his pets too. Smile
Offline joy  
#89 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:43:21 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

joy wrote:
I was actually thinking of other herbal medicine. Cool

sami wrote:
hahaha ! We will never know but we can guess...Laugh

I thought herbal medicine would be more in keeping with Joaquin's vegan lifestyle and upbringing. There are lots of plants which have soothing effects on the nervous system.

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:12:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#90 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:43:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
More British carrots for Joaquin!

UserPostedImage

London Critics' Circle Film Awards

ACTOR OF THE YEAR – Sponsored by Spotlight
Joaquin Phoenix – The Master (Entertainment)

SUPPORTING ACTOR OF THE YEAR
Philip Seymour Hoffman – The Master (Entertainment)

London Critics' Circle Twitter

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:39:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#91 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:13:45 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

That's nice of the UK critics to award Joaquin and PSH. Thanks for letting us know, Admin. Cool
Offline admin  
#92 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:39:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Neither Joaquin or Philip Seymour Hoffman attended the London Critics' Circle awards. But this is the acceptance message that was read out on Joaquin's behalf:

Joaquin Phoenix – Actor of the Year, "The Master" (written message):

"I struggle with the idea of winning awards for acting. Stating I'm Best Actor for something as subjective as film seems strange to me. To the uninitiated it implies I'm solely responsible for the creation and implementation of the character. I am not. I suppose that's why we thank our colleagues. There are those who you all know such as Paul Thomas Anderson, to whom I am eternally grateful – a man who has persistently searched for the truth. I am fortunate to have been under his guidance. Philip Seymour Hoffman for his patience and advice. Amy Adams for being angry. Megan Ellison and everyone at Annapurna for their support of the film and ensuring that I was able to cover my mortgage. But there are many others who you do not know by name such as Mike Kenna, who I believe was the grip but he did 20 different jobs so I can't be sure; Adam Somner, the first assistant director; Karen Ramirez in the office; Tommy – I don't know your last name… there are too many to list. The truth is, you cannot separate my work from their's. We were a unit bolstered by the same goal: to do our part in helping Paul to achieve his vision. I view this award as recognition of all of our work. I am very cognisant of the fact that for me this award is an encouragement to continue my lifelong passion of being an actor. I will not squander this high regard. P.S. There's an up-and-coming actor named Daniel who's in a movie called Lincoln. You should check it out."

... Humble as ever BigGrin

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:50:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#93 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:46:52 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
That's nice of the UK critics to award Joaquin and PSH. Thanks for letting us know, Admin. Cool

I agree and the acceptance message is very beautiful too .
Offline sami  
#94 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 3:23:02 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I was disappointed today on twitter. There was a huff post article running around saying that Joaquin's statement was bizarre. Many ppl RT and saying his statement was weird. It was like a punch on the stomanch, there's nothing weird in his statement. It's beautiful. At the end there's a joke. I wouldn't take the DDL seriously, come on.. I just think that when ppl make their minds about some1 it's easier to see him that way all the time. It's a human flaw called confirmation bias. It really got me that even cigsandredvines RT that junk ! Well, finally I asked New Worker magazine film critic, Richard Brody, to comment on it and he was kind enough to give his opinion. This is what he said:

Richard Brody ‏@tnyfrontrow 2h
@JoaquinPhoenixF I agree with you; Joaquin Phoenix's link of his performance to those who worked behind the scenes is noble and moving.

I don't know if this had something to do but the huff changed the heading from "Bizarre" to "Gracious and Funny" Perhaps Mr Brody had something to do with it. Look at the timing :

HuffPostEnt ‏@HuffPostEnt 2h
Read Joaquin Phoenix's gracious and funny acceptance speech to the London Critics' Circle http://huff.to/11LHcXM

2h means 2h ago... when this article was posted in the morning it said bizarre.

Well, I'm a bit OCD over it now. I need to refresh my mind. I did something good today, maybe !

Offline sami  
#95 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 3:29:54 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

BTW, All of you Joaquin Phoenix fans in the UK, aren't you happy about this Award and about Joaquin being grateful for it? I personally like to think that that's a shout out to all the fans he has from there.BigGrin
Offline sami  
#96 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 4:25:28 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix vs Daniel Day Lewis

Even though Joaquin is nominated for the best actor award at all the major awards ceremonies this year for his highly acclaimed role in The Master, it is Daniel Day Lewis that is favorite based on his performance in "Lincoln".

Daniel Day Lewis picks and chooses the films he participate in carefully, he is a very good consistent actor and is highly regarded. But, in my opinion, it is Joaquin Phoenix who is the better actor than Daniel Day Lewis and should be rewarded this year as such:

- Joaquin not only acts, but sings, as can be seen in Walk the line. He also took on the difficult task of having to emulate any already highly regarded singer, Johnny Cash. No small feat.

- Joaquin made a very very "ballsy" and brave move by doing "I'm still here". I don't think many other A list actors who are at the top of their game would pull such as "stunt". It was a brave move and Joaquin never really got shown any appreciation for doing it. How many other A list actors would be able to go to public events, like clubs, and sing/rap and fight when people thought that it was Joaquin just being himself and not playing a role? Same for the letterman interview. He took 2+ years of his life to do something he believed in rather than just go for another pay-check job.

- I've not seen a review of The Master where the author has not been impressed with Joaquin's performance in the movie, even if they weren't too keen on the film itself.

- Joaquin has been acting nearly all his life, and he's still getting better and better.

- Does Daniel Day Lewis really need more acclaim? His role in Lincoln was not the best in his career and previously he's already got 2 oscars, 3 BAFTAs and 1 Golden Globe as well as numerous nominations and other awards.

- You think Daniel Day Lewis would be able to pull off this scene as well as Joaquin? I don't even think Daniel Day Lewis would choose to be in a film where he had to do a scene like this.

That's my 2 cents. What do you guys think. Another other reasons? Agree or disagree. Feel free to sign up and comment yourself Daniel.

Admin,

I agree with you on this.
Offline kitten  
#97 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:05:27 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

sami wrote:
admin wrote:
Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix vs Daniel Day Lewis

Even though Joaquin is nominated for the best actor award at all the major awards ceremonies this year for his highly acclaimed role in The Master, it is Daniel Day Lewis that is favorite based on his performance in "Lincoln".

Daniel Day Lewis picks and chooses the films he participate in carefully, he is a very good consistent actor and is highly regarded. But, in my opinion, it is Joaquin Phoenix who is the better actor than Daniel Day Lewis and should be rewarded this year as such:

- Joaquin not only acts, but sings, as can be seen in Walk the line. He also took on the difficult task of having to emulate any already highly regarded singer, Johnny Cash. No small feat.

- Joaquin made a very very "ballsy" and brave move by doing "I'm still here". I don't think many other A list actors who are at the top of their game would pull such as "stunt". It was a brave move and Joaquin never really got shown any appreciation for doing it. How many other A list actors would be able to go to public events, like clubs, and sing/rap and fight when people thought that it was Joaquin just being himself and not playing a role? Same for the letterman interview. He took 2+ years of his life to do something he believed in rather than just go for another pay-check job.

- I've not seen a review of The Master where the author has not been impressed with Joaquin's performance in the movie, even if they weren't too keen on the film itself.

- Joaquin has been acting nearly all his life, and he's still getting better and better.

- Does Daniel Day Lewis really need more acclaim? His role in Lincoln was not the best in his career and previously he's already got 2 oscars, 3 BAFTAs and 1 Golden Globe as well as numerous nominations and other awards.

- You think Daniel Day Lewis would be able to pull off this scene as well as Joaquin? I don't even think Daniel Day Lewis would choose to be in a film where he had to do a scene like this.

That's my 2 cents. What do you guys think. Another other reasons? Agree or disagree. Feel free to sign up and comment yourself Daniel.

Admin,

I agree with you on this.

I agree that Joaquin should win, but we know Daniel Day will . I also think that other actors should get a chance to win. Daniel has two oscars let someone else get a chance, I would rather someone else win over Daniel, I would love for Joaquin to win but if not let another actor win.
Offline sami  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:35:31 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi,

I don't have time to catch up. Just dropping this here for now:
http://www.thetimes.co.u.../film/article3663612.ece

Does anyone have a subscription to The Time ? I'd love to read the whole thing
Offline joy  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:55:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Sorry, Sami, I don't subscribe to The Times. Well done on (possibly) influencing the change of headline at The Huffington Post. Cool

I think Joaquin's acceptance speech is great! Cool

Yes, Admin. Some good points you raise there, although I think not giving an award to someone for the reason that they have enough already is as bad as giving them an award for the reason that they played Abraham Lincoln. jmo.

That's a great clip! Laugh
Offline sami  
#100 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:10:20 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
Sorry, Sami, I don't subscribe to The Times. Well done on (possibly) influencing the change of headline at The Huffington Post. Cool

I think Joaquin's acceptance speech is great! Cool

Thank you Joy <3