JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:25:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Still unconfirmed, but it looks like there is a good chance Joaquin will team up with Paul Thomas Anderson again for his new film "Inherent Vice":

UserPostedImage

Joaquin Phoenix set to star in Paul Thomas Anderson's Inherent Vice

Actor and director will reunite on Los Angeles noir film based on novel by Thomas Pynchon

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:50:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline admin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:37:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

UserPostedImage

Producer Says ‘Inherent Vice' Hoping To Shoot In Spring 2013

and, the original source is, of course, Cigarettes & Red Vines:

UserPostedImage

EXCLUSIVE: Producer JoAnne Sellar Says ‘Inherent Vice' Hoping To Shoot In Late April/Early May

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:43:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 3, 2013 5:48:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

For those not familiar with Inherent Vice, here's the trailer for the novel:

Offline admin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:22:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I'm still listening to the "Inherent Vice" audio book and i'm sure there was just a scene where there was a character called Joaquin! (It was fate all along!) Obviously, it's an audio book so i can't tell if the character's name is spelt the same.

"Inherent Vice" seems similar to The Master in the respect that it is just scene after scene with lots of dialogue between characters, not much "action" as such. The narrator described scenes in great detail using lots of "off the wall" similes and metaphors.

It will probably be very similar to The Master in the sense that the characters will be great and it will look great... but i'm not sure if the story is that strong. Well, i guess that's just the kind of films that Paul Thomas Anderson makes... There will be blood was similar too. Character studies really.
Offline justme  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 12:45:49 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Ah, getting the book for my birthday. Can't wait. I looked at an excerpt of it online and it looks pretty unusual. But interesting! Can't wait to see Joaquin in it!Laugh
There's a character called Joaquin!Love I used to look for anything with his name on when I was younger.LOL That'd be weird-to have Joaquin in character talking to a character named Joaquin, if they had any scenes together.
Yeah, it seems to be similar to the Master, from what I've heard-still, if it's Paul Thomas Anderson, I think it'll be good. And anything with Joaquin in, I'll watch.Drool
Offline admin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 7:23:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I wonder if Joaquin will sport the same Larry "Doc" Sportello look as described in the book?

"...Back at his place again, Doc rolled a number, put on a late movie, found an old T-shirt, and sat tearing it up into short strips about a half inch wide till he had a pile of maybe a hundred of these, then went in the shower for a while and with his hair still wet took narrow lengths of it and rolled each one around a strip of T-shirt, tying it in place with an overhand knot, repeating this southern-plantation style all over his head, and then after maybe half an hour with the hair dryer, during which he may or may not have fallen asleep, untying the knots again and brushing it all out upside down into what seemed to him a fairly presentable foot-and-a-half-diameter white-guy Afro. Inserting his head carefully into a liquor-store carton to preserve the shape, Doc lay down on the couch and this time really did fall asleep, and toward dawn he dreamed about Shasta..."

Is everyone prepared to see Joaquin with a white afro? Blink

UserPostedImage

[img]https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2379950336/h3823AAB3/[/img]

Offline sami  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:19:23 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

What the ... Laugh Laugh Laugh
Offline joy  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:31:43 AM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
UserPostedImage

I can't wait to see this now. Laugh
Offline admin  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:57:04 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin Phoenix to star in 'Inherent Vice', a movie to be write and direct by Paul Thomas Anderson. It's shooting in LA in June.

https://twitter.com/Usa_Production

Not long now! 

Offline joy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 6:27:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Thanks, Admin.

I read that filming had already started, but Cigarettes & Red Vines say this:

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 EXCLUSIVE:

Warner Bros. Financing ‘Inherent Vice' Which Begins Shooting This Month; Robert Elswit Returning As DP

Lately we've been inundated with requests to find out what exactly is going on with Paul Thomas Anderson's adaptation of Thomas Pynchon's "Inherent Vice." The project -- which was first announced back in 2010 -- centers on a pothead private eye named Doc Sportello and his hazy adventures in late 60's Los Angeles. PTA had supposedly been interested in Robert Downey Jr. for the lead but ultimately decided to reunite with his "The Master" star Joaquin Phoenix instead and those who have seen the actor lately know that he's certainly been looking the part these days. But other than Phoenix's impressive sideburns, we had no real indication as to whether the film was still on track for the "late April/early May" dates pegged by producer JoAnne Sellar during our interview earlier this year. Since production has been so quiet recently we decided to do a little digging and have some great news to share with you all. What have we learned so far? Read on.

Warner Bros. Will Be Financing The Film

A few weeks ago The Wrap reporter Jeff Sneider caused a minor stir online when he tweeted that contrary to reports, Annapurna Pictures -- who were the saviors of "The Master" -- were not involved with 'Vice.' Well, this turns out to be completely true as a source close to production has revealed to us that "Inherent Vice" will be financed by Warner Bros. This will mark PTA's first time working with the studio (though they absorbed New Line who produced "Boogie Nights" and "Magnolia"). Our source also told us things were "completely amicable" between Annapurna and PTA and both parties hope to work together again in the future.

Shooting Will Begin This Month

With financing in place, shooting is indeed scheduled to start this month. Though we imagine most of the major roles have been locked down but not announced at this point, we have learned that PTA is still meeting with actors for some of the smaller roles. As with "The Master" cast, expect a flood of announcements to come just prior to shooting. We hear the script is amazing so it should have no problem attracting talent.

Robert Elswit Will Return As Cinematographer

This one is may seem obvious (and we speculated that this would likely be the case) but we can now confirm that cinematographer Robert Elswit -- who shot all of Paul's films except for "The Master" and picked up an Oscar for his work on "There Will Be Blood" -- will return to shoot "Inherent Vice." For those curious, "Inherent Vice" will shoot on 35mm film. (No digital, no 70mm.)

So the film is financed and will begin shooting in the next few weeks. Is there any better news than that? We certainly can't think of any. Stay tuned for much more very soon. And if you're involved with the production, why don't you drop us a line?

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/exclusive-warner-bros-financing.html#comment-form

Offline admin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 7:21:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I guess the next exciting news we should received on Inherent Vice is who Joaquin's co-stars are?

Wonder if Philip Seymour Hoffman will come aboard again for another Paul Thomas Anderson project?

What about Joaquin's new friend Robert Pattinson?

I'm about 60-70% way through the Inherent Vice audio book... i'm still not sure what the overall story is! But lots of great dialogue and interesting characters! Apparently Doc Sportello is 30 years old, so Joaquin is playing a younger character! I don't think Robert Downey Jr could have pulled off 30... Joaquin, just about! 
Offline joy  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 9:40:48 PM(UTC)
joy

It might not be, but it's strange to me that this film is about to start filming and yet only Joaquin has been confirmed to be in it. Maybe it's just him and he'll be playing all the characters.

Maybe PSH, yeah. He's done other PTA films.

I don't know about RP. Never seen him act in anything.

You were listening to the book back in early March, Admin and you've still not finished?

Offline kitten  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:35:14 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:

It might not be, but it's strange to me that this film is about to start filming and yet only Joaquin has been confirmed to be in it. Maybe it's just him and he'll be playing all the characters.

You were listening to the book back in early March, Admin and you've still not finished?

I agree too, maybe it is just our Joaquin, hahah,   I read that Vince Vaughn would be a good bigfoot, lol, lol, lol can not stop lol, 

question is PR the actor that is in twight?    that cute guy???    

Offline kitten  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:37:51 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

kitten wrote:
joy wrote:

I agree too, maybe it is just our Joaquin, hahah,   I read that Vince Vaughn would be a good bigfoot, lol, lol, lol can not stop lol, 

question is RP the actor that is in twight?    that cute guy???    

Eva Mendes as shata?  they were so hot in WOTN

Offline admin  
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:13:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:

Yeah, i listen to it at my weekly visit to the gym... but every week i forget where i got to, so i end up listening to parts i've listened to already 

Anyway, as far as i can tell so far it is Doc Sportello going around meeting lots of colorful characters and either taking drugs with them or, if they are female, giving them oral sex ... and also there is plenty of banter about how "the system" is screwing people.
Offline kitten  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:24:18 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

Yeah, i listen to it at my weekly visit to the gym... but every week i forget where i got to, so i end up listening to parts i've listened to already 

Anyway, as far as i can tell so far it is Doc Sportello going around meeting lots of colorful characters and either taking drugs with them or, if they are female, giving them oral sex ... and also there is plenty of banter about how "the system" is screwing people.

oral sex, is that in the book???   well all of PTA has lots of hot sex,   was watching boogie nights , love that movie, did anyone know PTA wanted Joaquin for the Dirt Diggler part,  that is true,  hugs ladies   

Offline joy  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:04:39 AM(UTC)
joy

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

Oh, okay. I thought maybe it was a very loooooong story.  I do that with books I'm reading sometimes; especially if I've got more than one book on the go and I forget what was happening.

Admin wrote:

Sounds right up my street.

Offline joy  
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:20:06 AM(UTC)
joy

kitten wrote:
oral sex, is that in the book???   well all of PTA has lots of hot sex,   was watching boogie nights , love that movie, did anyone know PTA wanted Joaquin for the Dirt Diggler part,  that is true,  hugs ladies   

Haha, Kitten. Did you fall off your chair when you read that?  Yeah, I read that somewhere, about Joaquin & Boogie Nights.

kitten wrote:
question is PR the actor that is in twight? that cute guy???

Yes he is, but I only know that because I read it. I've not seen the tv, film or read any of the books. Er, I can think of cuter fellas. 

kitten wrote:
I read that Vince Vaughn would be a good bigfoot, lol, lol, lol can not stop lol,

Yes, that's very funny. I read it too.

Or big shoes.

This fella would be ideal if Vince is busy....

For when they're hanging out...

An idea for Joaquin's new house... 

Offline kitten  
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2013 11:29:19 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

kitten wrote:

Haha, Kitten. Did you fall off your chair when you read that?  Yeah, I read that somewhere, about Joaquin & Boogie Nights.

kitten wrote:
question is PR the actor that is in twight? that cute guy???

Yes he is, but I only know that because I read it. I've not seen the tv, film or read any of the books. Er, I can think of cuter fellas. 

kitten wrote:
I read that Vince Vaughn would be a good bigfoot, lol, lol, lol can not stop lol,

Yes, that's very funny. I read it too.

Or big shoes.

This fella would be ideal if Vince is busy....

For when they're hanging out...

An idea for Joaquin's new house... 

I am lol, so bad,  Joy you are great and funny, lol, lol, lol,

Offline joy  
#20 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 7:00:50 AM(UTC)
joy

kitten wrote:
I am lol, so bad,  Joy you are great and funny, lol, lol, lol,

I hope that's a compliment.

I like this..