JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline justme  
#141 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 2:31:55 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I wonder if Admin's looking forward to Her at all?

Anyway, yeah, I'm kinda wondering about trailers for Her or the Immigrant, as well. Come on, the Immigrant's been at Cannes! I need to see these films!

Anyway, I hope we get more video soon, and I think Joaquin mentioned the first thing he does when he wakes up is have a cigarette. And the last thing before he goes to sleep. So yeah, sleeping's pretty much the only time away. I like Joaquin but smoking=bad for lungs.

Anyway, I don't know about Joaquin and the blonde, Kitten! If you look at the video, it's her glancing at him first-it looks as though he glances over when someone points out she's staring at him. There's a moment where she glances back for about the fourth time and he looks at her, and there's kind of an awkward moment where they're just smiling at each other, ha ha. The girl looks slightly awkward for a moment, the way you do when you're staring at someone and they catch you!

So maybe it's the girl who's got a thing for Joaquin? I dunno, he moves towards her like he's going to say something but then turns away again, like he's thought better of it. Still, everything's up for speculation, and it's not like I'm an authority on it! 

Just realised I basically analysed the entire Youtube video.

Offline kitten  
#142 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 3:49:50 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
justme wrote:

Anyway, yeah, I'm kinda wondering about trailers for Her or the Immigrant, as well. Come on, the Immigrant's been at Cannes! I need to see these films!

Anyway, I hope we get more video soon, and I think Joaquin mentioned the first thing he does when he wakes up is have a cigarette. And the last thing before he goes to sleep. So yeah, sleeping's pretty much the only time away. I like Joaquin but smoking=bad for lungs.

Anyway, I don't know about Joaquin and the blonde, Kitten! If you look at the video, it's her glancing at him first-it looks as though he glances over when someone points out she's staring at him. There's a moment where she glances back for about the fourth time and he looks at her, and there's kind of an awkward moment where they're just smiling at each other, ha ha. The girl looks slightly awkward for a moment, the way you do when you're staring at someone and they catch you!

So maybe it's the girl who's got a thing for Joaquin? I dunno, he moves towards her like he's going to say something but then turns away again, like he's thought better of it. Still, everything's up for speculation, and it's not like I'm an authority on it! 

I think it is strange that the James Grey movie has no trailer yet and Her as well,

I notice at the end of the video Joauqin walks with a girl with long brown hair, maybe shasta     

Offline joy  
#143 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 7:36:42 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
justme wrote:

What made you think that? Lol.

We need Brian Reynolds on the case for some footage of 'Her'. Come on Brian!

justme wrote:

Yep.    Hugs!

kitten wrote:
I notice at the end of the video Joauqin walks with a girl with long brown hair, maybe shasta  

Is Shasta a blonde or brunette? I thought she was blonde.

Offline admin  
#144 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 7:45:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:

kitten wrote:

Is Shasta a blonde or brunette? I thought she was blonde.

Yep, she's blonde! Hence why people thought Reese Witherspoon would be playing her... but she's actually played by Katherine Waterston who's naturally brunette 

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#145 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:18:42 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Yep, she's blonde! Hence why people thought Reese Witherspoon would be playing her... but she's actually played by Katherine Waterston who's naturally brunette  

Thanks Admin. Hmm....maybe not Shasta then. Unless PTA is tinkering with some of the details in the book. Brunette for Shasta; no blond afro for Doc. Dunno.

Offline kitten  
#146 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 4:27:47 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

admin wrote:

Thanks Admin. Hmm....maybe not Shasta then. Unless PTA is tinkering with some of the details in the book. Brunette for Shasta; no blond afro for Doc. Dunno.

I read some where that not even sure if Reese is in the movie , no pictures of her on set and pictures of her doing other thngs.  also read that they are almost done with filming.  and no pictures of Katherine on set. 

Offline joy  
#147 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:25:53 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
I read some where that not even sure if Reese is in the movie , no pictures of her on set and pictures of her doing other thngs.  also read that they are almost done with filming.  and no pictures of Katherine on set. 

Surely they can't be almost done filming this film?? They only just started (practically) didn't they?? Do you think they could be almost done filming at this particular location? I dunno...maybe it is a fast-film-shoot.

Not many pictures have come out of the set but over at Cigs & Red Vines (pages one & two) they have more info/photos on cast members and new additions....

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.co.uk/

Also on C&RV is a longer film clip from the IV set, courtesy of Brian Reynolds. Thankfully this one doesn't have Mustang Sally but it does have footage of PTA directing and other aspects of the fascinating and glamourous world of film-making....er, lots of standing around, mainly. Lol.

Offline kitten  
#148 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2013 9:56:47 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

kitten wrote:

Surely they can't be almost done filming this film?? They only just started (practically) didn't they?? Do you think they could be almost done filming at this particular location? I dunno...maybe it is a fast-film-shoot.

Not many pictures have come out of the set but over at Cigs & Red Vines (pages one & two) they have more info/photos on cast members and new additions....

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.co.uk/

Also on C&RV is a longer film clip from the IV set, courtesy of Brian Reynolds. Thankfully this one doesn't have Mustang Sally but it does have footage of PTA directing and other aspects of the fascinating and glamourous world of film-making....er, lots of standing around, mainly. Lol.

yes I thought the same thing , I would think more filming needs to be done,

Offline justme  
#149 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:10:53 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey check out JP central-new pics! Think we've finally got a glimpse of Shasta and we see Joaquin in his trailer and with his ever-present cigarette! Check out the pics!
Offline admin  
#150 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:17:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

More new footage from on the set of Inherent Vice:

Looking good! 

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:22:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#151 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:00:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Justme, yes, some great new photos of Joaquin as Doc Sportello! Click for larger versions 

Must be stressful on set, they're all puffing away like chimneys when not filming!  Even Katherine Waterston who plays Shasta in the movie 

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:10:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kitten  
#152 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:45:26 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

so I guess that is Shasta?    wonder who is the lady with the yellow pants in Joaquin tariler?  

Edited by moderator Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:09:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Trimmed post

Offline kitten  
#153 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:56:15 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

saw some new pictures of Joaquin on the set of IV,  he looks skinny but looks good,  the movie looks very fun,  he looks so different,  what about Her? 

Edited by moderator Thursday, August 1, 2013 4:08:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Trimmed post

Offline joy  
#154 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:05:22 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
so I guess that is Shasta?    wonder who is the lady with the yellow pants in Joaquin tariler?  

Hi Kitten, 

I have no idea if that's Shasta or not. She doesn't have blonde hair.

How do you know this is Joaquin's trailer? And how do you know those are a woman's legs in the yellow trousers? What about the guy (in shadow) in the trailer? I think Joaquinj went into the trailer to cadge another ciggie. Hehe.

That's kind of a flirty pose there, Joaquin.

Offline joy  
#155 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 5:12:17 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
saw some new pictures of Joaquin on the set of IV,  he looks skinny but looks good,  the movie looks very fun,  he looks so different, 
what about Her?

Oh, almost forgot....

Did you see some photos that we haven't already seen? Let us know where they are - maybe we can pilfer, I mean, post them.

kitten wrote:
what about Her? 

The lack of any news, photos or footage of 'Her' is driving Admin nuts.

Edited by moderator Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:05:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote.

Offline admin  
#156 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 8:07:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

What's this "Her" film you are talking about? Never heard of it, does Joaquin have anything to do with it?... tell me more! 
Offline kitten  
#157 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:23:18 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

kitten wrote:

Hi Kitten, 

I have no idea if that's Shasta or not. She doesn't have blonde hair.

How do you know this is Joaquin's trailer? And how do you know those are a woman's legs in the yellow trousers? What about the guy (in shadow) in the trailer? I think Joaquinj went into the trailer to cadge another ciggie. Hehe.

That's kind of a flirty pose there, Joaquin.

what up with that?   hey the guy not to bad, hahha   is that Muller?   well he is fine,     

Offline joy  
#158 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2013 4:25:38 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
What's this "Her" film you are talking about? Never heard of it, does Joaquin have anything to do with it?... tell me more! 

It's a musical focusing on the lives of two young men in the Vietnam era against the backdrop of the hippie culture with lots of drug-taking, psychedelia and nudity. Oh no, wait..... that's 'Hair'.   *Liverpool accent*  

kitten wrote:
what up with that?   hey the guy not to bad, hahha   is that Muller?   well he is fine,     

Haha...maybe they're discussing their tastes in tattoos and shirts. Something about the hand on hip, the crossed leg and the smile. Has the Daily Mail seen this photo?  Will it be a duel at dawn between you and Joaquin, Kitten? Lol.

Hmm...I don't think that's MM. Is he that beefy? Does he have that many tattoos? Dunno. 

Offline admin  
#159 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2013 8:13:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I wonder why Joaquin finds it necessary to walk around bare foot?  As far as i recall, the book doesn't mention anything about Doc Sportello not wearing any footwear? And even if it did, why would Joaquin not wear shoes when not filming? Is this the "method acting" they talk about?
Offline joy  
#160 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 1:47:18 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Haha. Yeah, that's Joaquin's method. Getting in touch with his free-spirited, hippy vibe. Barefoot Doc(tor).

What with all the other changes to the book there seems to be so far, maybe PTA is actually filming something else....? Nah...just tweaking some things.