JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:56:38 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I read an article in one of the newspapers here today about how some Hollywood stars are preparing for the Oscars…

Excerpt:

Whether putting their faith in leeches, cupping or even human placenta, Hollywood stars stop at nothing to beat the ageing process – and in the week of the Academy Awards looking dazzling is more important than ever.

Those strolling down the red carpet for the Oscars this Sunday will have scrubbed and coated themselves with all manner of unguents and concoctions to shimmer for the cameras. For beauty therapists, awards season means big bucks and ever more outlandish antidotes to the ageing process.

At this year’s Oscars, stars with that special glow may have just had their own blood injected into their faces, or simply been exfoliating with bird poo. Others may have gone for the snake venom facial.

Demi Moore has admitted to leech therapy, but Dr Charles Runels has gone one step further and gone from actual bloodsuckers to mythical ones with his patented Vampire FaceLift – tagline: “your beauty revived”.The process involves extracting a patient’s blood and injecting components into their face, with celebrities including Kim Kardashian and Anna Friel swearing by the procedure. The process, which supposedly boosts the development of new blood cells and collagen, smooths out wrinkles and gives the skin elasticity and plumpness.

The “Geisha Facial” is another beauty craze sweeping Hollywood. The preparation, created by salon owner Shizuka Bernstein, involves using nightingale excrement and rice powder on willing participants’ faces, supposedly leaving the skin “shiny and smooth”.
UserPostedImage

So anyway, this, and something Sami said, got me thinking and I thought it would be good to offer some suggestions to help Joaquin prepare for the big day on Sunday. I'm sure there are all sorts of things we could help him with such as what to wear, how to write a speech, ways to de-stress, and so on. Let's see what we can come up with to make Joaquin's Oscars experience a good one.

I don’t think Joaquin would try any of the above beauty treatments but he could try some vegan ones…maybe save some fruit and veg from his lunch and make a nice face mask and eye treatment.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoQK0emvtvUkEipX7NEJOAAzazhOr0yDRlfuLyIWkyOXXyIiKD8lEdHj6g[/img]

I recommend the ‘Joy all-over-face lip massage’. Soothes a furrowed brow, smoothes out wrinkles, relaxes tired eyes and brings a healthy glow to the skin.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:36:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline joy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:10:03 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I also think Joaquin could relax with a little recreational sport.

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage

OhMyGod

Any more suggestions?
Offline sami  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:49:05 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Joy the kissing and cuddling therapy would be good for Joaquin. It smoothens the skin and relaxes the body, LOL I'm sure he knows that and it's free LOL
I will share a fave of mine : Before going to bed put foot cream on the soles of your feet and then put aloe socks on. Let it all soak in while you sleep and the next A.M you feel like a baby Laugh
Offline joy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:04:16 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
Joy the kissing and cuddling therapy would be good for Joaquin. It smoothens the skin and relaxes the body, LOL I'm sure he knows that and it's free LOL

It’s also a mutually beneficial therapy. Wink

sami wrote:
I will share a fave of mine : Before going to bed put foot cream on the soles of your feet and then put aloe socks on. Let it all soak in while you sleep and the next A.M you feel like a baby Laugh

That’s a good tip for Joaquin to prepare his footsies for the red carpet walk. BigGrin