JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kitten  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:54:56 AM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
justme wrote:
Yeah, I guess he finds it easier with people that are genuinely interested in him for his acting or whatever- not just people who want to find out stuff about him. I get the impression he's good with kids as well-even if he doesn't want any of his own.He seems to be all right if they want an autograph.
She'd better look after those schoolbooks!Laugh

I wonder why he does not what kids, they would be cuteBlushing
well I guess he does not even want to marry, hugsDrool
Offline admin  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:08:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
kitten wrote:
I wonder why he does not what kids, they would be cuteBlushing
well I guess he does not even want to marry, hugsDrool

Kitten, maybe he aspires to be like George Clooney? Confused

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:09:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Here's a brief clip of Joaquin signing for a fan at the Oscars luncheon this year:

Gets a spelling lesson too. BigGrin

Offline noraphoenix69  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:10:12 AM(UTC)
noraphoenix69

Woman

I would love to meet him.
But, it's very hard.
I live in Croatia and I don't think that I will be able to meet him...
Hope I will:)
Offline justme  
#25 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:57:18 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, noraphoenix! I love your avatar! Aw, don't give up on meeting him, who knows what might happen in the future!

Anyway, just found another account from someone who met Joaquin. It's on his IMDB message boards-I don't know how to link it, but it's under the topic "His reaction at the Oscars." Of course, again, we've got no way of knowing if it's true, but it sounds genuine. This is the part of the post that dealt with her meeting Joaquin-copy and pasted from IMDB:

"However I met him on my neighborhood while they were filming lowlife and had to say I caught his eye and he was charming, handsome close up, and I said excuse me Mr. Phoenix may I get a pic with you and you know what he told me... He said " call me Joaquin" lol u will never forget that day and how he hugged me so close !!!"

Sounds like she enjoyed meeting Joaquin! I don't know how to link stuff, though. Anyway, sounds like most people have positive experiences with meeting Joaquin!
Offline justme  
#26 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:00:49 AM(UTC)
justme

Hey, Kitten! I meant to post a reply to this and forgot...
Anyway, I remember reading an interview a while back where he said that while he'd always assumed he'd have kids when he was younger, he'd decided against it because he thought his work would always come first. The same reason for why he doesn't want to get married. He's said it a few times since-at one point he flat-out stated "I have no desire to have children of my own." He said he was too selfish!Confused
I agree it's a bit of a shame-imagine Joaquin's kids! Awww! I'm sure they'd be adorable!
Offline deanna_demola  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:45:23 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Woman

justme wrote:
Hey, Kitten! I meant to post a reply to this and forgot...
Anyway, I remember reading an interview a while back where he said that while he'd always assumed he'd have kids when he was younger, he'd decided against it because he thought his work would always come first. The same reason for why he doesn't want to get married. He's said it a few times since-at one point he flat-out stated "I have no desire to have children of my own." He said he was too selfish!Confused
I agree it's a bit of a shame-imagine Joaquin's kids! Awww! I'm sure they'd be adorable!

Aww, it's understandable though! His work would most likely interfer with his spending time with his kids and wife. He's probably afraid of loosing them. But his children would probably the most adorable kids in the universe! I bet he's great with kids too! Such a babe! Love
Offline deanna_demola  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:47:28 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Woman

I would really love to meet him. It's my dream! I'm hoping I will meet him soon because I am dying to do so! I love him so much, I can't explain how I feel about! There are no words to describe my feelings for Joaquin! He is such a genuine person, I NEED to meet him! I want to meet him more than anything thing in this world. I'd do anything. Blushing
Offline admin  
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:59:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I'm glad to hear that Joaquin fans would actually like to meet him! If they didn't, who would! BigGrin

Let's play a game of what if...

If you saw Joaquin in the street walking down the street towards you, on his own, keeping his head down and just going about his business as people do. There's not many other people around... and the odds of you being in this situation again are slim to none... what would you do and say, if anything? Blink

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:07:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline deanna_demola  
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:39:31 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Woman

Oh Jesus, what would I say if I saw Joaquin? I would probably having a millions words and emotions rattling around in my head and my heart would be beating so fast, making my body shake. I'd be so nervous! I might say, "excuse me, Mr. Phoenix. I don't mean to bother you but I just wanted to let you know that I am a HUGE fan of yours and I find you to be absolutely perfect. You're acting, is tremendous and every movie I have watched of yours is so enjoyable, my eyes are glued to the screen! Besides that, I admire who you truly are and how you aren't afraid to be yourself. You're the most genuine person I have ever seen and you inspire me in ways unimaginable. I hope you take this all to heart, and I know I'm just a young girl, but I do adore you and love you very much!" Phew, I would be so nervous to say anything but hopefully something like that would actually come out of my mouth! I hope he would like me and want to talk to me more! I hope he sees I'm a true fan who really adores him not just because he's famous, but for who he really is. Blushing
Offline admin  
#31 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:15:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

That's just perfect Deanna! BigGrin I can't believe Joaquin wouldn't be happy with someone saying that to him... you'd probably make him blush! Blushing

You may even get a hug if Joaquin was feeling brave UserPostedImage
Offline deanna_demola  
#32 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:50:00 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Woman

admin wrote:
That's just perfect Deanna! BigGrin I can't believe Joaquin wouldn't be happy with someone saying that to him... you'd probably make him blush! Blushing

You may even get a hug if Joaquin was feeling brave UserPostedImage

Aww, thanks Admin! I just want to make him feel like the special man that he truly is! He deserves so much and especially for giving me the gift of pure an utter joy just by doing anything and making me feel very, very happy, I feel like I should give something in return, to show him how much he means to me. I'd literally do anything to meet him, I dream about meeting him. I always wonder if it will happen one day, I'm hopeful that it does and I have a feeling it would be the most amazing experience of my life! I love him so much! Wub What about you Admin, what would you say? BigGrin
Offline admin  
#33 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:02:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

deanna_demola wrote:
What about you Admin, what would you say? BigGrin

I'd say "Yo dude, wanna wrestle!?" (it's what fellas do!) or "Joaquin my man, quit smok'n, you're turning into a human cigarette and you look cool enough as it is!" BigGrin

UserPostedImage

Offline noraphoenix69  
#34 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 6:16:22 AM(UTC)
noraphoenix69

Woman

justme wrote:
Hi, noraphoenix! I love your avatar! Aw, don't give up on meeting him, who knows what might happen in the future!

Anyway, just found another account from someone who met Joaquin. It's on his IMDB message boards-I don't know how to link it, but it's under the topic "His reaction at the Oscars." Of course, again, we've got no way of knowing if it's true, but it sounds genuine. This is the part of the post that dealt with her meeting Joaquin-copy and pasted from IMDB:

"However I met him on my neighborhood while they were filming lowlife and had to say I caught his eye and he was charming, handsome close up, and I said excuse me Mr. Phoenix may I get a pic with you and you know what he told me... He said " call me Joaquin" lol u will never forget that day and how he hugged me so close !!!"

Sounds like she enjoyed meeting Joaquin! I don't know how to link stuff, though. Anyway, sounds like most people have positive experiences with meeting Joaquin!

That's so adorable from you, Justme. Anyway, people I'm sorry if I have English mistakes. I'm from Croatia, I hope you understand it. And if I see him I will say: "I'm your hugeee fan. I'm sorry for bothering you if you are going somewhere. I watched your many movies and they are just amazing, I mean your performances. I fell in love with you in Gladiator. I know you were Commodus, but I am! You are amazing human and I'm so awkward probably. I'm sorry, I also loved your Walk The Line performance, it is one of my fav movies ever! I also like your The Village's performance. OMG, I'm soo...". I will probably say something like that but I think that first thing I will say will be: "Hey, Joaquin Phoenix, I mean Mr. Phoenix. You're amazing, I'm huge fan!" I don't know, I will be spontaneous, I think... But I think that at first I will be dead.. OMG, he is amazing person, but I'm much younger than him... I don't know... OMG, I hope that's gonna happen! And what is this: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1724581401/ ? Is that true that Joaq had car's accident? OMGGG, WHAT HAPPEND???????????????????!!!!!
Offline joy  
#35 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 7:12:39 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Nora. Welcome to the forum. Smile No worries about your English…it’s fine. Yes, Joaquin was involved in a car accident – there’s a thread on the forum somewhere about it too. He was very lucky that Werner Herzog was around to rescue him.

admin wrote:
Kitten, maybe he aspires to be like George Clooney? Confused

Hmm, maybe concerning not wanting to get married and have children, but George Clooney has relationships which last for years with women who tend to be in their 30s – according to a site I just read, anyway. Is that Joaquin's style?

That’s a great story about your online mate meeting Joaquin, justme. Cool Poor Casey! No-one wants to know him when Joaquin is around. Crying I hope she still has the textbook too, but if she doesn’t, at least she has her memory. BigGrin

deanna_demola wrote:
What about you Admin, what would you say?

admin wrote:
I'd say "Yo dude, wanna wrestle!?" (it's what fellas do!) or "Joaquin my man, quit smok'n, you're turning into a human cigarette and you look cool enough as it is!" BigGrin

They do?? Admin, your comment made me think of the Alan Bates & Oliver Reed wrestling scene from ‘Women in Love’ – now, wouldn’t THAT be a trillion dollar grossing film if Joaquin ever did a remake? OhMyGod Unfortunately, I then thought of the wrestling scene in ‘Borat’. Scared

I know a lot of televised wrestling is acting up for the cameras but I don’t like to watch it. I did find this short interview with Giant Haystacks though and Joaquin is actually watching from the ringside! You can see him in the first crowd shot, lower centre screen. Take a look..

Wink

Offline admin  
#36 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 7:50:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
I know a lot of televised wrestling is acting up for the cameras but I don’t like to watch it. I did find this short interview with Giant Haystacks though and Joaquin is actually watching from the ringside! You can see him in the first crowd shot, lower centre screen. Take a look..

I see him Joy! Joaquin was even sporting a good fist full of beard when he was 6... what a guy! BigGrin

I think this is more Joaquin's wrestling style Flapper

Offline justme  
#37 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 10:25:27 AM(UTC)
justme

Aww, thanks, Nora!
Yeah, poor Casey, ha ha, Admin! I've got to agree with you about the George Clooney thing though-Joaquin a lot of the time seems to have shorter relationships. Maybe that's just easier with him being an actor-he's away working a lot, so maybe it's easier for him to have shorter relationships.
God, I have no idea what I'd say if I saw him. Have to think about it, ha haBigGrin
Offline noraphoenix69  
#38 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 10:06:09 PM(UTC)
noraphoenix69

Woman

Thank you, Joy! I can't believe... OMG, that's horrible. I am very happy that that guy helped him :)
Offline joy  
#39 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:21:24 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm happy that WH helped Joaquin too, Nora. To think that Joaquin was one cigarette lighter flick away from going up in flames is too horrible to imagine.

admin wrote:
I see him Joy! Joaquin was even sporting a good fist full of beard when he was 6... what a guy! BigGrin

Laugh

admin wrote:
I think this is more Joaquin's wrestling style Flapper

Could be. I read that Andy Kaufman was very shy with girls and thought that wrestling them was a good way to get to know them. Blink

I thought one of the comments accompanying the video on Youtube was interesting:

andy kaufmen told me one thing do not belice in your eyes
becasuse there is another reality in
behind all of this show business

Anyway...........now that I've done the cooking and cleaning, washed the potatoes, scrubbed the carrots & mopped the floors, I have time to post this video I found of Joaquin and Andy Kaufman. Very topical. BigGrin

Offline admin  
#40 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:06:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Anyway...........now that I've done the cooking and cleaning, washed the potatoes, scrubbed the carrots & mopped the floors, I have time to post this video I found of Joaquin and Andy Kaufman. Very topical. BigGrin

Joaquin didn't say much... shy as usual!