JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 7:48:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
If you've ever been fortunate enough to meet or see Joaquin then share your stories here! Cool
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline joy  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 8:57:04 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I haven't met Joaquin but I'm looking forward to reading Misstookey's story of meeting Joaquin at the BAFTAs. Cool
Offline misskooky  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:33:16 AM(UTC)
misskooky

Groups: Registered

UserPostedImage

Ok guys so this is my story of when I met Joaquin at the baftas!! So I got into London on the Saturday headed to Covent garden to get my number in the queue. They don't allow you to queue until late on sat evening so I decided to go to one of the pre BAFTA parties I heard Joaquin was headed to. So I waited outside annabels and exclusive club in Mayfair. There were a few other girls waiting for him too! So guys there had said they had met him during the day and was really nice a little weird but signed and took photos! This got me excited. A lot of excitement happened outside the club mainly between paps and the police! So much so that the stars were avoiding the front entrance and heading for the back! Joaquin included! When I heard I was so disappointed! So I headed back to Covent garden to start queuing! Yes if you want front row at the baftas you have to start queing the night before!! I won't bore you with my queing stories lets just say it was cold!!! So we got in the fan areas early Sunday afternoon and had to endure rain and snow! The celebs started to turn up around 5pm! Due to the cold the girls rushed inside but many of the actors stay out and signed!! I was getting worried as it was getting close to when they should be all inside and Joaquin hadn't arrived yet. Normally if they are late they are rushed to press!! But then all of a sudden I see him! I can't express the excitement of seeing him in the flesh a man you have worshipped and adored for so many years and there he was! He was working his way up the carpet signing autographs. His pa then start to drag him away half way down the carpet. My heart then plummeted thinking I'm not gonna meet him! Just as he passes us I shout out his name and shout that I've been here all night to meet him! He looks over and must have seen the desperation in my face! He then comes straight over to me! He asks if I d really been there all night and i was like yeah! I told him he was one of my fav actors and he thanked me. My friend next to me said she had loved him since space camp and he laughed at her and said really! I asked if I could have a photo and he said sure!! He then thanked me and signed a few more autographs up the line before being taken away to press! If though the meet only lasted a few minutes it will be remembered forever! Lets just say one thing joaquins eyes are amazing!! They are like this really light green. And when he talked to you he maintained eye contact so that he was really talking to you! And he was really softly spoken! and if you asked what one of his film character he was most like i would say lucius from the village! I must say he was one of the nicest celebs I've met! And really appreciated fans of his work! Sorry if this is long winded!!!!

Edited by moderator Friday, March 1, 2013 2:33:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added photo for context.

Offline sami  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:16:11 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

You know Tracy , I've learned in my life that the good things come with a price and if you're not willing to pay it you will never get them. I would have done the same too. Just to meet him in person and say hello . yup . If u know he'll eventually be there then it's just a matter of waiting .im used to cold weather anyway. What I would hate is to do it for nothing !
And he understood that so probably that's the very reason you got to meet him on the 1st place. WoW .Amazing.
Thank you very much for sharing your story it'll give me something to chew on for a while .
Much love. Hugs ,Sami
Offline admin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:36:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks misskooky for taking the time to share your "meeting Joaquin" experience with us! Glad Joaquin took the time to say hello to the fans! Hope you stick around the forum, lots of new Joaquin films to looking forward to in the near future! BigGrin

And thanks again Sami for inviting misskooky along! I can see we are getting more and more users coming from twitter based links... Cool
Offline joy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:58:22 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Misstooky,

Thanks for sharing your story. Cool I never realised it was such a trial to watch the red carpet stuff! Still, it paid off in the end, and as you say, your finally meeting Joaquin in person will be something for you to remember forever! You can tell from your photo how happy you were to meet him.

Hope you continue to join in with discussions on the forum. We all love and admire Joaquin here in our own ways. BigGrin
Offline joy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:37:36 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Since the BAFTAs thread has been closed I thought I'd post this video in here. Joaquin is at the start of the video until about 1.07. Is that Misskooky? It's difficult to tell with all the umbrellas, but from what she said in her post, it might be...

Offline kitten  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:30:40 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
Since the BAFTAs thread has been closed I thought I'd post this video in here. Joaquin is at the start of the video until about 1.07. Is that Misskooky? It's difficult to tell with all the umbrellas, but from what she said in her post, it might be...

I glad the awards seasons is over but now no pictures of Joaquin , I guess it will be a long time before any new pictues of Joaquin will pop up, hugs Drool
Offline joy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:37:01 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
I glad the awards seasons is over but now no pictures of Joaquin , I guess it will be a long time before any new pictues of Joaquin will pop up, hugs Drool

That's more than likely true, Kitten: it might be years! Crying Joaquin deserves a rest anyway - if I was him, I'd be shattered with all the recent awards stuff.

Here's another video. I know it's the BAFTAs again, but I'm kind of fascinated by it all. He appears completely different 'in action' to photographs, where he's not often been smiling (thus open to specualtion as to the reasons why). It's all complete madness! I didn't know he was left-handed....? Unsure

Offline kitten  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:20:10 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
kitten wrote:

That's more than likely true, Kitten: it might be years! Crying Joaquin deserves a rest anyway - if I was him, I'd be shattered with all the recent awards stuff.

Here's another video. I know it's the BAFTAs again, but I'm kind of fascinated by it all. He appears completely different 'in action' to photographs, where he's not often been smiling (thus open to specualtion as to the reasons why). It's all complete madness! I didn't know he was left-handed....? Unsure

I think when the moives low life and her come out wel will see something of Joaquin, I remember after ISH I saw no pictures of Joaquin for a year or more then one day there it was a video he did with liv and milley about voting on line something like that. I was so suprise to see him after so long of nothing, I do not know how it does it with no pictures but hope he is alrightLove
Offline admin  
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:54:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
I didn't know he was left-handed....? Unsure

Hi Joy, I don't think he is left-handed... i think he was just signing with his left hand because he had a cigarette in his right hand (No surprise there then! BigGrin) It would have definitely been more of a challenge to play guitar right-handed in Walk the Line, as Johnny Cash does, if he was naturally left handed... Maybe he's just that good an actor Flapper

kitten wrote:
... then one day there it was a video he did with liv and milley about voting on line something like that

Hi kitten, yes, here's the video you are referring too! Can't believe it was over 3 years ago now! Wow! Blink

Edited by user Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:14:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:51:13 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Kitten, I read that Inherent Vice is due to start filming in April, so if Joaquin is going to be in that film, then he'll probably be doing prep for that from now until then. Actually, I just read on Joaquin's imdb page that IV is in pre-production and he's playng Doc Sportello. So, looks like he's definitely in that film. Maybe we'll get some candids from the shoot come through. Cool

admin wrote:
Hi Joy, I don't think he is left-handed... i think he was just signing with his left hand because he had a cigarette in his right hand (No surprise there then! BigGrin )

I didn't think he was either. I'm sure I'd have noticed before now if he was left-handed. He was obviously keeping his right hand for the important stuff then. Laugh Maybe the people who got an autograph from him just found it to be a sqiggle when they looked at it properly Blink

admin wrote:
It would have definitely been more of a challenge to play guitar right-handed in Walk the Line, as Johnny Cash does, if he was naturally left handed... Maybe he's just that good an actor Flapper

That's a good point. I'm sure Freddie wrote that note with his right hand too.

Miley Cyrus is such a pro. I saw her on Jonathan Ross' chat show ages ago and every opportunity she mentioned her record/tour/book/clothing line or whatever it was she was there to promote. You can see how tuned she is in the TWLOHA video. Joaquin obviously needs a computer tutorial. Laugh

Offline kitten  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 3:23:24 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

admin wrote:
joy wrote:
I didn't know he was left-handed....? Unsure

Hi Joy, I don't think he is left-handed... i think he was just signing with his left hand because he had a cigarette in his right hand (No surprise there then! BigGrin) It would have definitely been more of a challenge to play guitar right-handed in Walk the Line, as Johnny Cash does, if he was naturally left handed... Maybe he's just that good an actor Flapper

kitten wrote:
... then one day there it was a video he did with liv and milley about voting on line something like that

Hi kitten, yes, here's the video you are referring too! Can't believe it was over 3 years ago now! Wow! Blink

was Joaquin and liv in a love relationship at one time, Drool
Offline joy  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:05:28 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:

Yes they were, Kitten. I think they were engaged to be married. I don't know why they broke up but it was all a loooong time ago. Looks like they've remained friends. Cool
Offline kitten  
#15 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:45:08 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
kitten wrote:

Yes they were, Kitten. I think they were engaged to be married. I don't know why they broke up but it was all a loooong time ago. Looks like they've remained friends. Cool

I would have love to marry him, how does everyone know they were engaged?? he makes me Drool
Offline joy  
#16 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:52:35 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I don't know if they actually were engaged to be married, Kitten....Admin mentioned something about Steve Tyler potentially being Joaquin's Father-in-Law in another thread...

I think there would be a very long queue of ladies wanting to marry Joaquin. Wink
Offline admin  
#17 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:09:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
I don't know if they actually were engaged to be married, Kitten....Admin mentioned something about Steve Tyler potentially being Joaquin's Father-in-Law in another thread...

I can't find anything to say they were engaged.

"Liv Tyler & Joaquin Phoenix

Tyler meets actor Joaquin Phoenix (right) on the set of Inventing the Abbotts. The two begin dating and eventually move in together during their three-year romance. Her father tells USA Today, "I told Liv, 'You'll always have that movie. You can look back and see yourselves falling in love.'"

http://www.people.com/pe...aphy/0,,20170146,00.html

It must drive Joaquin mad, all the interest in his relationships Unsure

Offline justme  
#18 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 2:49:57 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've never met Joaquin myself Crying but I talked to someone who has. She was a teenager when Walk the Line came out, and she lived in Los Angeles, but one of her biggest complaints about the place was that despite her living there she actually very rarely saw celebrities. But, she said-and this is the story as I best remember it, it's been a while since we spoke, we kind of lost touch-
She was downtown Los Angeles-I remember she said it was the end of summer vacation over in the States-and she had a couple of books for school with her, which ended up being significant. She said she saw him-I think she said at a cafe-and he was with someone she later recognized as being Casey Affleck. Yeah, she got to meet Joaquin and Casey-she's THAT lucky!
She said she'd never got anyone's autograph before and she really, really wanted to ask him, and she didn't have a camera otherwise she'd have asked for a photo! She would only have been about 15 at the time, so she waited around for ages, trying to screw up the courage.He and Casey were talking and she didn't want to interrupt them. She said she was struggling to work up the nerve, because she'd heard from somewhere that Joaquin felt really awkward being approached by fans, but that this might be her only chance to ever meet him.
So, she eventually took a deep breath, walked up to the table, and when he looked up, blurted out (and I'm paraphrasing here, obviously)"I'm really sorry to bother you, and to interrupt, but I thought you were really good in Walk the Line, and please could I have your autograph?" The way she told it, she said she sort of blurted the whole thing out in a rush.BigGrin
She said, she waited, really nervous-Walk the Line had just come out, this would have been summer of 2005-and then he nodded and said "Sure." He got out a pen and it was then that she realised she didn't have any paper with her except her school books-and he ended up signing them!He signed her rough notebook, and one of her textbooks. Casey signed her rough book too! She said Casey made some joke about how everyone always wanted to get things signed by Joaquin and not him!Laugh
Anyway, she said she said thanks and walked away and that Joaquin gave her a smile, and was very polite. She said she treasured the two books all that year and kept the textbook because it had Joaquin Phoenix's signature in! I thought that was really cute!
Anyway, I don't speak to her anymore-it was more of an online thing-and I didn't really get the significance of the thing at the time, because I wasn't into Joaquin then! I only got into him in the last couple of years! Maybe she made the whole thing up, I don't know, but it didn't sound made up.BigGrin
Anyway, there's someone else's story.
Offline admin  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 5:44:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

That's a nice little story justme, thanks for sharing it with us... i can definitely believe it really happened! Cool Hope she looks after those school books!

It seems, in general, that Joaquin is more than happen to meet and greet fans... because it involves real and genuine people (excluding any of those paparazzi vultures that may be circling). He just doesn't get on with the whole forced and fake celebrity events, such as award shows and such... which is understandable, they must be like weddings... every one turns up because they were invited, but no one wants to actually be there.

I like this video of Joaquin meeting fans:

another angle...

Edited by user Monday, March 11, 2013 5:50:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline justme  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:41:25 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah, I guess he finds it easier with people that are genuinely interested in him for his acting or whatever- not just people who want to find out stuff about him. I get the impression he's good with kids as well-even if he doesn't want any of his own.He seems to be all right if they want an autograph.
She'd better look after those schoolbooks!Laugh