JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mystaria  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 1:56:53 PM(UTC)
Mystaria

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline calliope  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 9:41:50 AM(UTC)
calliope

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Well, here I go again with another rant. lol.

I think the writer is sort of insulting River, writing that he would not have been able to give the same nuanced, complex performance that Joaquin gave in Gladiator. River was only 23 years old when he passed and already an Oscar nominated actor. Sure his roles were not as dark as Joaquin's because he started off playing pre-teen characters and was a teen idol, but ironically his last film was Dark Blood, where he wasn't exactly playing a Disney Prince.
I mean, he could be correct, I just feel like he's making too many assumptions based on false facts.

The writer makes a claim that Joaquin went out of his way to play different characters ( bad boys ) than his deceased brother. Does he provide a source for this? No.
He fails to mention "Inventing the Abbotts", "Clay Pigeons", Return to Paradise" where his characters were not dark, broody, bad guys.

My problem is that there's too much of a black and white comparison between Joaquin and River here. The guy has no idea what River could have accomplished in acting if he had even lived another 10 years.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 25, 2021 10:04:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mystaria  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 10:20:51 AM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Originally Posted by: calliope Go to Quoted Post
Well, here I go again with another rant. lol.

I think the writer is sort of insulting River, writing that he would not have been able to give the same nuanced, complex performance that Joaquin gave in Gladiator. River was only 23 years old when he passed and already an Oscar nominated actor. Sure his roles were not as dark as Joaquin's because he started off playing pre-teen characters and was a teen idol, but ironically his last film was Dark Blood, where he wasn't exactly playing a Disney Prince.
I mean, he could be correct, I just feel like he's making too many assumptions based on false facts.

The writer makes a claim that Joaquin went out of his way to play different characters ( bad boys ) than his deceased brother. Does he provide a source for this? No.
He fails to mention "Inventing the Abbotts", "Clay Pigeons", Return to Paradise" where his characters were not dark, broody, bad guys.

My problem is that there's too much of a black and white comparison between Joaquin and River here. The guy has no idea what River could have accomplished in acting if he had even lived another 10 years.

agree with everything you said. well said!!

thanks 1 user thanked Mystaria for this useful post.
calliope on 5/25/2021(UTC)