JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:33:59 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello!

I'm coming to this site few days ago... and as I said in my introduction... I'm not really Joaquin Phoenix fan... even though I think he is a great actor, and I was  fan of River Phoenix (during my teenager) ... it brings me memories... when I met with my school friends, rented a movie in the videostore and passed the evening watching them... they used to be River Phoenix's movies 

I discovered Joaquin Phoenix as an actor in a movie with Nicole Kidman, which name I don't remember... he was very young! I have always liked the way he does as actor... I didn't know that River Phoenix had an actor brother.... because when I say fan I simply mean to watch all his movies, not knowing all about his life!
And because he has a Spanish name, Joaquin and he was the River's brother I liked him...

The thing is that I'm here because the past summer I started a a course of English Language, I will have the exam in March... and I need to practice... to talk or write with english speaker... I started to watch little pieces of movies in youtube and interviews... and by this way I found information about The Immigrant and Her... 
I have to say that I like cinema very much, so I often read about it...
I watch the trailer, and I "fall in love" with the argument of Her...
So started to look for information and it brought me here!
I read some of your post during a time, and you all seemed to be funny people... And I thought... it could be a good idea to coming here to talk to you, practice my English and if I don't know lots of things about Joaquin... you will informer to me

Yesterday it started the period to rol up the exam in March... and when I knew the price I nearly pass out... it's very expensive so I have to make the best to pass it... I need your help...
I need a native English Speaker who write me or be able to chat with me one or two days in the week, 2 hours in total... I haven't skipe account but I will do!

I offer to teach Spanish for free to the nice person in this forum who help me... and you know, I have informed myself and Joaquin Phoenix used to talk spanish very well... so if someday you find it in the street... you will be able to tell him a compliment in Spanish... come on please... help meeeeeeeeeeee

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:36:52 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

ahhhh I tried skipe community but it seems that I haven't sex appeal in it... any person wants to talk me... so I will be here... and if I have to be a Joaquin Phoenix Radical like Sami... I'll do
Offline joy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:16:14 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
What exactly will be involved? You say you need someone to chat to you, but you can do that on any number of forums, not just here. Do you need someone to correct your English for you? And why do you have to have Skype? Could you not use Messenger or something like that? 

Your English is excellent, btw. 
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:49:01 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:
What exactly will be involved? You say you need someone to chat to you, but you can do that on any number of forums, not just here. Do you need someone to correct your English for you? And why do you have to have Skype? Could you not use Messenger or something like that? 

Your English is excellent, btw. 

Yes! in fact I'm in other forums too, but is difficult to get contacts for speaking... and yes! I need to be corrected! 
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:58:23 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

I got someone from other site! But he wants to chat by skipe!!! At least I have to make the account!
Offline joy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:56:14 PM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Great that you've found someone. Buena suerte! 
Offline sami  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:09:32 AM(UTC)
sami

I'm so glad you found somebody to work on your English. If  this doesn't work out please let me know and I'll  help you find somebody else.  There is plenty of people in the USA who would be more than happy to exchange. Sometimes I even see ppl from Argentina offering Spanish lessons through skype.  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:03:07 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

I'm having troubles to contact him... and I don't know what time exactly I have to acces skype to chat with him... If you know to someone who wants an interchange give him my e mail please!!!
Offline sami  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 11:38:12 PM(UTC)
sami

You need to count the time difference. It's not a big deal. Just look it up on the internet and you will find what is the time difference !