JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:58:48 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I'll start Laugh

Two Lovers, I'm Still Here, We Own the Night, Walk the Line, It's All About Love, Quills, 8MM, Clay Pigeons, Return to Paradise, To Die For, Russkies..

In total 11. From the ones I haven't watched yet I look forward to these: The Village, Gladiator, Reservation Road, Ladder 49, and The Yards ..

So far, my favorites are James Gray's, specially Two Lovers but also love Walk the Line .. and believe it or not I really enjoyed one of the earliest movies called Russkies. The topic is timeless and JP's performance even as a kid was moving ! In It's All About Love I enjoyed the space, the unspoken. I loved Joaquin's performance in that role.

Edited by user Friday, March 30, 2012 3:13:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline sami  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2012 8:28:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Okay so since I wrote this post I've seen Gladiator, and Ladder 49. I want to watch Reservation Road next but I know it's a drama and I have to be in the mood for that.
Offline sami  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:46:20 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

My favorite Joaquin Phoenix character ever is Leonard Kraditor because he's so cuddly and teddy beary ! I love his green coat and the way he wears it almost sliding from his shoulders. u can tell it's fluffy and soft , perfect to cuddle !Laugh
Offline puwan2012  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:14:49 PM(UTC)
puwan2012

Groups: Registered

So far, my favorites are James Gray's, specially Two Lovers but also love Walk the Line .. and believe it or not I really enjoyed one of the earliest movies called Russkies.
Offline joy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:56:50 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Puwan, nice to see you on the forum. Smile

I also enjoyed James Gray's films - WOTN, 2 Lovers & The Yards - but haven't seen Russkies. Sami has though. I really like Clay Pigeons....darkly funny with the added bonus of Janeanne Garofolo.
Offline sami  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:00:56 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi Joy,

I like Clay Piggeons too! The water bed scene is stuck in my mind forever now ! RollEyes What happened to the Wedding Crashers guy? He sort of faded out ..
Btw don't click on powan link I think it's spam !
Offline joy  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 5:03:45 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Ooops! Laugh I didn't even see the link until now. Abercrombie&FitchParis.....Puwan must think we need smartening up! Laugh

The waterbed scene is a classic. The vibrating bed scene is pretty good too! Laugh

According to imdb Vince Vaughn has 2 films in post-production and is currently filming 'The Delivery Man'. Looks like he's had a few busy years.
Offline sami  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 1:48:41 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I can't remember the vibrating bed scene. The whole movie is pretty kinkyLaugh btw: great news: I just found out its on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/w...v=XKSSZZ0CDzg&sns=em

Ah thanks for VV update. He was so funny on Wedding Crashers !!
Offline joy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:35:53 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Thanks for the Youtube link to Clay Pigeons, Sami. I have the film on dvd but it's good to know I can watch it online too. Smile

Wedding Crashers is a good popcorn film.....even though it has you know who in it**

** Will Ferrell! Cursing Laugh Wink
Offline sami  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:16:09 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

The youtube link is for the readers who haven't se in it yet BigGrin

Ferre? Ouch, I can't even recall him in there !!
Offline QuestarOne  
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 5:35:03 PM(UTC)
QuestarOne

Woman

Movies I really like him in.
Gladiator my #1 faqvorite
We Own The Night
Ladder 49
Quills 2nd Fav.
Village
8mm
Signs
I Walk The Line
Reservation Road
Offline sami  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:37:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Thanks Questar ! You didn't write Two Lovers , did you not watch it or it just isn't your favorite ? Btw, what did you think of Im Still Here? Just curious !
Offline Celeste  
#13 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:51:20 PM(UTC)
Celeste

Woman

Hello folks,
I do have 2 confessions, hence the "NEWBIE" status................First, I was 29 when I bought my first computer in 1992 and THIS IS THE FIRST FORUM I have ever registered on. Blushing

OKAY, Here's the ringer.........Before tonight, I have not seen a Joaquin Phoenix studio film and JUST finished watching "I'm Still Here" and think that the entire film was magnificent!!!
I also thought Casey Affleck is a hell of a non-fiction director/producer ( I've heard some would disagree about the prefix "non", in reference to this particular film), and would love to see him delve into other projects that allows Casey and his collaborators to take the film goers into a world of complex, quirky, and non-conformist subjects/issues.
I was instantly sucked in to "I'm Still Here" and am looking forward to checking out all of Phoenix's and Affleck's films. Cool

Please feel free to send me a PM or simply reply to me if you have suggestions on what I should watch next. Wink

I have a suggestion.......Sami should change her status from "Master" (unless she is the webmaster) to Forum "Goddess". over 500 posts, wow!
PEACE PLEASE!

Edited by user Monday, January 21, 2013 7:06:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: My First post

Offline admin  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 5:29:44 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Hi Celeste,

Welcome and thanks for joining! That's some great "firsts" you have there! BigGrin

Pretty amazing that "I'm still here" is the first Joaquin Phoenix movie you've seen! Cool Glad it had such a positive impact that you came looking for more!

I'd say you should see one of the following Joaquin films next:

Gladiator
Walk The Line
Signs

I'm sure Sami, Joy and others will give you a warm welcome and their opinion too! Cool
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:33:52 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hello Celeste and congratulations! I’m sure you’ll get the hang of things pretty quickly. Smile

I agree with Admin’s suggestions. Joaquin was nominated for an Oscar for his roles as Commodus in Gladiator and Johnny Cash in Walk the Line and both films are very good. They are arguably the roles Joaquin is most known for. Signs is funny and a little bit scary with an uplifting message at the end. Sami has posted a link to another of Joaquin’s films, Clay Pigeons, a few posts back in this thread (January 8th) so you can watch that for free. BigGrin

I won’t be around as much over the next couple of weeks but I’m sure Admin and Sami will keep you in good company and I’ll join in when I’m able to. Smile
Offline sami  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:57:16 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi Celeste,

Welcome to the forum. It was nice to read your post !

I became a fan of Joaquin after watching the infamous Letterman interview. I was very curious about him after that so I started watching his movies just like you're doing now. The first one was Two Lovers. I highly recommend it. It's a very good movie, a bit dark but good ! Of course, all of the movies Admin and Joy have recommended too !

Regarding my posts here.. I have been posting almost every day for about a year non-stop ! For a while I was on my own so I started a lot of threads ! BigGrin I guess it's become a habit now !
Offline sami  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:09:10 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:

I won’t be around as much over the next couple of weeks but I’m sure Admin and Sami will keep you in good company and I’ll join in when I’m able to. Smile

Yes, but I have a lot going on too and I have to watch to not let Joaquin 's online presence distract me too much !! It's a fine balance there Huh
Offline sami  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:25:36 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Well, I take the forum goddess title now. thank you BigGrin do I get a cash prize for this? Lemme know Laugh