JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 2:36:02 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
This is an interview Joaquin did with The Mirror (a British tabloid newspaper). There are some things which have been said in other interviews but there are also some different things.

Joaquin speaks about his decision to turn down the film offer he had. He doesn't say what the complications were but he got complications anyway by taking the PTA/Master path (re:the Oscars stuff). What do you think, Sami/Admin?

Why are you doing movies again?
Well, I just did three this year, so I won’t do anything for a while. Sometimes you can only plan so much.
I think you get scared – other people in the business, they scare you, they make you nervous about working.
There was definitely a period after I’m Still Here where there was a very discernible difference in the quality of the movies that I had been offered, prior to it and after.
And so there was a moment in which, well, frankly I was getting into a very dangerous place with my mortgage, and I didn’t know what to do when I was offered a movie with big money and I was offered a commercial with great money.
The commercial, I didn’t consider, but the movie, I did. I actually have to credit my girlfriend (model Heather Christie), because I said, ‘I’m considering doing this’ and she said, ‘If you didn’t like complication, you shouldn’t do that movie’.
And I didn’t do it. I was really nervous because I didn’t know what was going to happen and my accountant was very nervous.
I was turning things down and then, I don’t know, it was just pure luck that Paul (Thomas Anderson) came along with The Master four months later.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/...x-interview-star-1410015
Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline sami  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 4, 2012 9:57:57 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

That's great Joy. Thanks for it. Joaquin is like a breeze of fresh air in current Hollywood. I would think his words an actions are having an impact in other artists in the field as well . Only good things can come out Cool