JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<282930
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#581 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:23:12 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I love those quotes. The Japanese are so elegant and respectful in how they express themselves. Cool

sami wrote:
I posted there once a long time ago . I wanted to reuse that account but I had forgotten the password. Imdb was asking me my cell phone number to send me a text message with new password and I didn't like that so I couldn't reset my password.. It's okay.

Really? Why couldn't they just send it to an email addy, I wonder? Maybe set up a new account altogether?
I haven't posted there for a while but I still have my account and password. I'm not so keen on the format on imdb and it can be so random sometimes with the trolls and haters. The core Joaquin fans on his board are ok though. Smile

sami wrote:
"Freddie had all kinds of issues going on. He was definitely a raging alcoholic and ruined his mind because of the chemicals he was putting into his body. He also had PTSD. He also had a really messed up family, and there's plenty of evidence he was screwed up before he ever entered the service."

To represent all of these issues the way Joaquin did.. How did he do that? It's not strange he couldn't smile for a while after. It seems such a dark character, full of negative energy and yet he was trying to be happy. There are just so many contradictions !

Sami, are both of these from imdb or is the second paragraph your comments in general?

I'd like to hear your comments on the film too, justme. Smile
Offline sami  
#582 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:50:24 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
I love those quotes. The Japanese are so elegant and respectful in how they express themselves. Cool

It's not that Joy, it is that they speak from the heart. They are not corrupted , they say it the way they feel it and this is why it's beautiful, even poetic.

sami wrote:
I posted there once a long time ago . I wanted to reuse that account but I had forgotten the password. Imdb was asking me my cell phone number to send me a text message with new password and I didn't like that so I couldn't reset my password.. It's okay.

joy wrote:
Really? Why couldn't they just send it to an email addy, I wonder? Maybe set up a new account altogether?

Because they want to get your phone to sell it to marketing companies , this is why, most likely .

joy wrote:

Sami, are both of these from imdb or is the second paragraph your comments in general?

Joy , it is the later.

I haven't seen the DVD yet. It looks like I will need to watch it on my IPad . Can't wait !!

Offline admin  
#583 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:34:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
The Master left a lot of viewers confused. Did you wonder what the ending of the movie was all about?

Here's an in-depth interpretation:

UserPostedImage

What Does The Ending Of The Master Mean?

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#584 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 7:30:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Guess what I got! Not watched it yet though....soon. BigGrin

Offline admin  
#585 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:19:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Say Cheeseee for Freddie....

themaster

Offline joy  
#586 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:48:19 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Okey dokey....

Offline kitten  
#587 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:00:36 PM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

was that picture at a park??? how long did they date??   I saw a video of her on youtube she was very hot.

Joaquin likes them hot

Edited by moderator Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:08:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Trimmed quote

Offline joy  
#588 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:13:00 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:

was that picture at a park??? how long did they date??   I saw a video of her on youtube she was very hot.

Joaquin likes them hot

Hi Kitten,

I don't know where it was taken. I got it from JPC Darkroom and they tagged it 'aria_and_her_beach1.jpg'

Did you realise it was AC? I don't know how long they dated. I don't think she's hot - I think she's pretty, but a lot of women have that same look these days. I like unconventional beauty. Like me.  

Offline kitten  
#589 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:35:05 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
kitten wrote:

Joaquin likes them hot

Hi Kitten,

I don't know where it was taken. I got it from JPC Darkroom and they tagged it 'aria_and_her_beach1.jpg'

Did you realise it was AC? I don't know how long they dated. I don't think she's hot - I think she's pretty, but a lot of women have that same look these days. I like unconventional beauty. Like me.  

looking at the picture yes it is AC, it is funny his girls look alike,  oh on JP central fourm the are posting like crazy how rude Joaquin is walking in front of her, I just think it is his style , some pictures of SS modeling in LA with friends so I don't think she is just with him,  one picture with a hot model guy,    

Offline joy  
#590 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:26:30 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
oh on JP central fourm the are posting like crazy how rude Joaquin is walking in front of her, I just think it is his style 

To me, it looks like something happened in the liquour store and Joaquin is walking off in a huff.

Offline joy  
#591 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:05:25 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi,

I just found this on Cigarettes & Red Vines. Not had a chance to watch it yet, but sounds interesting....

Offline joy  
#592 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:17:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Cigarettes & Red Vines have posted a video showing behind the scenes footage of a screening of The Master in Denmark. (Denmark seems to be the country du jour atm. Lol)

I thought it was interesting to see what happens in the projection room with a 70mm film.

"The Power Of 70mm" is a short film following from prep to projection fully documenting a mid February screening of The Master to an audience in Aalborg, Denmark. Naturally, the film is in another language and, while a decent amount of my bloodline is Danish, it turns out approximately 0% of my brain is.

Despite this, you will definitely be able to fully grasp what is going on and not feel like you burned 16 minutes of your day. If nothing else, it is a well-produced & refreshing spin on a topic that had been reported into the ground ages ago and from every angle.

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline admin  
#593 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 9:08:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Who's a good boy then Joaquin apparently

A Zoomorphic Performance: Joaquin Phoenix in P.T. Anderson’s The Master

http://sensesofcinema.com/2015/feature-articles/a-zoomorphic-performance-joaquin-phoenix-in-p-t-andersons-the-master/
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Mystaria on 7/24/2015(UTC)
Offline Mystaria  
#594 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 10:41:34 AM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 451 post(s)
yayay. it one of his best!!!! PTA brings out THE BEST ACTING IN HIM! XOXOOX
Offline admin  
#595 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 1:59:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

‘The Master’ Is Paul Thomas Anderson’s Favorite Movie, Even If He’s ‘Not Sure It Was Entirely Successful’

Anderson says "The Master" is his favorite he's directed, and he doesn't see that changing anytime soon.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/paul-thomas-anderson-the-master-favorite-film-1201931234/
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Mystaria on 2/23/2018(UTC)