JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#21 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2013 7:20:51 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
And this

Er....nice moves, Vince.  

Offline justme  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:28:43 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
According to JPCentral, Benicio del Toro is in talks to be cast in a supporting but "potentially scene-stealing" role alongside Joaquin! He'd apparently play his friend who gives him advice! Sounds a good match!
Offline joy  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 2:44:54 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Thanks for the info, justme. Cigarettes & Red Vines have this info too..

Benicio Del Toro In For ‘Inherent Vice'

The Wrap is now reporting that Benicio Del Toro may be joining the film as well (though the studio has yet to confirm his involvement). According to the report Del Toro will be playing "an attorney who's always trying to help the protagonist out of trouble, though he's not an actual criminal lawyer. The character isn't a major role but is expected to be a potential scene-stealer" which would seem to indicate he'll be playing Doc's lawyer, Sauncho Smilax. His leading role in the underrated "Che" aside, it's been a while since we've seen Del Toro really tear into a really great role like his brilliant late 90s/early 00s streak ("Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas," "Traffic," "21 Grams," "The Usual Suspects," etc.), so this is definitely exciting news. It will be Del Toro's first time working with PTA and somewhat surprisingly, also his first time acting in a film alongside Joaquin Phoenix. Filming on 'Vice' is set to get underway later this month so there should be lots more casting announcements to come.

They also have this info:

EXCLUSIVE: Kevin J. O'Connor To Re-Team With ‘The Master' Co-Star Joaquin Phoenix For ‘Inherent Vice'EXCLUSIVE: Kevin J. O'Connor To Re-Team With ‘The Master' Co-Star Joaquin Phoenix For ‘Inherent Vice'EXCLUSIVE: Kevin J. O'Connor To Re-Team With ‘The Master' Co-Star Joaquin Phoenix For ‘Inherent Vice'

Chicago-born character actor Kevin J. O'Connor has been kicking around Hollywood for quite some time and along the way has racked up an impressive resume working with the likes of Francis Ford Coppola, Robert Altman and of course, Paul Thomas Anderson. PTA cast the chameleon-like O'Connor in his last two films as a character who is eventually beaten mercilessly by the leading man (alternately Daniel Day-Lewis and Joaquin Phoenix). Why do we bring this up? Well, we have received word that O'Connor is set to re-team with PTA once again to film an as yet unspecified role in "Inherent Vice" where the actor will join the esteemed ranks of John C. Reilly, Philip Baker Hall and Luis Guzmán in the PTA Three-Timers Club. For those who have read the book, do you have any guesses for who O'Connor might be playing (and does that character at some point get beaten within an inch of their look, do you have any guesses for who O'Connor might be playing (and does that character at some point get beaten within an inch of their life)?

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.co.uk/

Sounds good.

Offline admin  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:19:10 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Benicio del Toro! Oh great, now we've got two actors who mumble their words in the same movie 

Only joking!  I like Benicio del Toro, he looks like a dark haired Brad Pitt to me!

Seriously though, it must be a small role, i'm most the way through the audio book for Inherent Vice and i've not heard mention of any lawyer yet! 
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:42:54 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

S. Smilax (BdT's possible part) is on pages 117-120 of this version of the book....

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=6yjIc5eU_TsC&pg=PA117&lpg=PA117&dq=sauncho+smilax&source=bl&ots=lJHqC52NIC&sig=rg-AoclPxm6emQbs_jPD4OhyyFw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=pWSJUaixLomsPePzgYAK&ved=0CFAQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=sauncho%20smilax&f=false

I can see the resemblance to Brad Pitt, but BdT has an Eddie Izzard look about him to me too.

Offline justme  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 7:02:31 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah, I've only just realised the resemblance to Brad Pitt. But yeah, I reckon the two of them would go well in a movie together. If it's such a small role, it would definitely have to be a pretty strong character or actor to be a "scene-stealer", though. Still, maybe del Toro could pull it off.:)
Offline admin  
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2013 11:37:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Owen Wilson Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' With Joaquin Phoenix & Benicio Del Toro

Owen Wilson!  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie Izzard gets a part in Inherent Vice as well 

Edited by user Thursday, May 9, 2013 11:45:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:02:59 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Wow! Benicio, Owen & Joaquin! I like it! I think OW has hidden acting talent that we haven't seen yet and maybe PTA is just the man to bring OW's talent out.

Having said that, Cigs & Red Vines has this tidbit...

We have spoken with a source close to production who informs us that Wilson will be playing the character of Coy Harlingen, a surf-saxophone player for a band called The Boards. In the book, Coy was rumored to be dead of a heroin over-dose but is indeed a central character that appears throughout the entire story.

Offline kitten  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:48:19 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:

Wow! Benicio, Owen & Joaquin! I like it! I think OW has hidden acting talent that we haven't seen yet and maybe PTA is just the man to bring OW's talent out.

Having said that, Cigs & Red Vines has this tidbit...

We have spoken with a source close to production who informs us that Wilson will be playing the character of Coy Harlingen, a surf-saxophone player for a band called The Boards. In the book, Coy was rumored to be dead of a heroin over-dose but is indeed a central character that appears throughout the entire story.

I like brother Luke alot, he is hot,   good actor ,  hot hot, 

my drool balls are for Joaquin only 

Offline joy  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:57:03 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:

Yeah, Luke's not bad-looking either. Lol.

Joaquin's still No1 for me and I think he's pleased that your drool is for him only, Kitten....

Offline kitten  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:39:22 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
kitten wrote:

Yeah, Luke's not bad-looking either. Lol.

Joaquin's still No1 for me and I think he's pleased that your drool is for him only, Kitten....

I think that picture is in a hotel in London,   are u wondering how I know???? 

Offline joy  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:09:17 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
[

Yes I am! Lol. How do you know?? Come on, spill the beans!

Offline kitten  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:20:05 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
kitten wrote:
[

Yes I am! Lol. How do you know?? Come on, spill the beans!

you got me,  don't know,   just looks like London,   lol, lol, lol, lol

Offline joy  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:37:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:

Pondering and Thinking      Kitten...you're a tease. Lol.

Offline joy  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:40:12 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Reese Witherspoon has signed on for Inherent Vice. Wow. That's a surprise.

Deadline reports that Reese Witherspoon -- who's been picking up projects left and right these past few weeks -- has signed on. Though her role isn't specified, we're gonna take a leap here and say that she's probably going to be playing Shasta Fay Hepworth, Doc's (Phoenix) ex-girlfriend who sets the story in motion by asking for Doc’s help in investigating a plot and ends up going missing soon after. C&RV readers will recall that Witherspoon had previously been attached back in 2010 to the role of Peggy Dodd (back when the character's name was Mary Sue) in an earlier incarnation of "The Master" that never came to be. But it looks like PTA and Witherspoon will finally get to work together and also allow her to re-unite with her "Walk The Line" co-star Phoenix.

Update 9:55pm: In addition to Witherspoon, Jeff Sneider at The Wrap (who it should be noted has broken about 90% of the casting on this movie), reports that Martin Short and Jena Malone have also joined the film in supporting roles. Malone will play the part of Japonica Fenway, a free-spirited hippie chick who was the subject of Doc's first-ever paying case when she ran away from home. Short's role is still unclear but it's possible he could be playing Japonica's father Crocker Fenway, who hires Doc to investigage her disappearance or perhaps another role entirely.

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/reese-witherspoon-joins-inherent-vice.html#comment-form

The 'Deadline' article:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cannes-reese-witherspoon-joining-paul-thomas-andersons-inherent-vice/

Offline kitten  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:17:30 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

Deadline reports that Reese Witherspoon -- who's been picking up projects left and right these past few weeks -- has signed on. Though her role isn't specified, we're gonna take a leap here and say that she's probably going to be playing Shasta Fay Hepworth, Doc's (Phoenix) ex-girlfriend who sets the story in motion by asking for Doc’s help in investigating a plot and ends up going missing soon after. C&RV readers will recall that Witherspoon had previously been attached back in 2010 to the role of Peggy Dodd (back when the character's name was Mary Sue) in an earlier incarnation of "The Master" that never came to be. But it looks like PTA and Witherspoon will finally get to work together and also allow her to re-unite with her "Walk The Line" co-star Phoenix.

Update 9:55pm: In addition to Witherspoon, Jeff Sneider at The Wrap (who it should be noted has broken about 90% of the casting on this movie), reports that Martin Short and Jena Malone have also joined the film in supporting roles. Malone will play the part of Japonica Fenway, a free-spirited hippie chick who was the subject of Doc's first-ever paying case when she ran away from home. Short's role is still unclear but it's possible he could be playing Japonica's father Crocker Fenway, who hires Doc to investigage her disappearance or perhaps another role entirely.

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/reese-witherspoon-joins-inherent-vice.html#comment-form

The 'Deadline' article:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cannes-reese-witherspoon-joining-paul-thomas-andersons-inherent-vice/

Dam, I wanted Charlize Theron for Shata,  they were so hot in The Yards,  also Eva Mendes I liked for Shata as well,  oh well , hugs     

Offline kitten  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:18:55 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

kitten wrote:

Pondering and Thinking      Kitten...you're a tease. Lol.

Joaquin looks like he party to hard, ha , ha,    JR and June together again, 

Offline admin  
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:01:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Martin Short has joined Inherent Vice too! 

I thought he retired after Honey I stunk the Kids! Oh no, that was Rick Moranis! 

Who next? The Hoff? 

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:48:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kitten  
#39 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:21:24 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

kitten wrote:
joy wrote:

The 'Deadline' article:

Dam, I wanted Charlize Theron for Shata,  they were so hot in The Yards,  also Eva Mendes I liked for Shata as well,  oh well , hugs     

I still think it sucks that Reese won the oscar and Joaquin did not, I remember when that happen I turn off the TV so fast, he was so fantastic in that movie, 

Offline joy  
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:51:28 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Martin Short has joined Inherent Vice too! 

I thought he retired after Honey I stunk the Kids!

Who next? The Hoff? 

I just checked his imdb page and he's been quite busy since then.

Haha, The Hoff. Now that would be crazy! Wouldn't it be great if he did get a role and the Huffington Post broke the news? The Huff on the Hoff. Haha.  

Roll on the next casting revelation, PTA.