JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:30:51 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)

Authored by Marcos Johnson

True...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/jquinjquin/Picture065.jpg

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:42:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Marc S.  
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:37:28 AM(UTC)
Marc S.

Groups: Registered

joy wrote:

Hello again, Marcos. :)

Are the poems in this book the same ones that were for Another Night Upon Us?

Hey Joy,

Some are the same, but with almost 100 in the book most are not yet seen by the public.

Hope you order a copy and love it. Or, if you have to, hate it.

M
Offline joy  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 2:44:12 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Marc S. wrote:
Hey Joy,

Some are the same, but with almost 100 in the book most are not yet seen by the public.

Hope you order a copy and love it. Or, if you have to, hate it.

M

I'll think about ordering a copy, Marcos. I've read a few of your poems and there was only one of those that I hated. I can't recall which one it was now but I do remember having a visceral reaction to it. One of MM's photos from the exhibition had a similar effect on me too - but for rather different reasons than might be imagined.

Good luck!

Offline Marc S.  
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2013 5:26:51 AM(UTC)
Marc S.

joy wrote:

Hello again, Marcos. :)

Are the poems in this book the same ones that were for Another Night Upon Us?

Hey Joy,

Some of those are in there, but there are almost 100 total so it's mostly stuff not yet seen by the public. My daughter did the artwork and it has nothing to do w' Muller or Joaquin other than it's the same writing that inspired them. I'm pretty proud of it. I suggest you order a copy and judge for yourself.

Thanks, M
Offline helena  
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2013 4:28:53 AM(UTC)
helena

Marc S. wrote:

Hey Joy,

Some of those are in there, but there are almost 100 total so it's mostly stuff not yet seen by the public. My daughter did the artwork and it has nothing to do w' Muller or Joaquin other than it's the same writing that inspired them. I'm pretty proud of it. I suggest you order a copy and judge for yourself.

Thanks, M

Hello, Marc S. 

I must say I really enjoyed your poems. The 'Another Night Upon Us' exhibition must have been something to behold. Looking through 'A Colorful Life in Black and White', in my opinion, some of the photographs do not do your poetry justice. Muller's work is great, but in some cases, the visuals and poetry don't entirely jive. 'Zombie Stroll' and 'Paying My Dues' are the exceptions, the visuals are spot on. Well, in my humble opinion anyway. :) Congrats on furthering your project.

It's interesting how your Joaquin/Muller collaboration came about in the first place. From a professional standpoint, what was working with Joaquin like? I'm curious since you got a chance to work with him on a non-industry, creative project of your design.

All the best on your book!
Offline Marc S.  
#26 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 11:58:02 PM(UTC)
Marc S.

helena wrote:

Hello, Marc S. 

I must say I really enjoyed your poems. The 'Another Night Upon Us' exhibition must have been something to behold. Looking through 'A Colorful Life in Black and White', in my opinion, some of the photographs do not do your poetry justice. Muller's work is great, but in some cases, the visuals and poetry don't entirely jive. 'Zombie Stroll' and 'Paying My Dues' are the exceptions, the visuals are spot on. Well, in my humble opinion anyway. :) Congrats on furthering your project.

It's interesting how your Joaquin/Muller collaboration came about in the first place. From a professional standpoint, what was working with Joaquin like? I'm curious since you got a chance to work with him on a non-industry, creative project of your design.

All the best on your book!

Hey Helena,

Thanks for the kind words. Some of the photos were meant to leave something to interpretation. As for working w' Joaquin I was lucky it wasn't your typical hollywood project. We worked together on it as friends and I am happy for his continued success. A genuine good guy. Hope you order a copy if you have a chance.

M

Edited by moderator Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:58:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote tags.