JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<2223242526>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#461 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:47:46 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
sami wrote:
Admin,
If I tell you the truth, right now I am a bit caught in this interview today. I know he's probably trolling the journalists but he makes some comments like this one:
admin wrote:
he’s “sick of the sound of my own f***ing voice”>

And i cant just laugh it out. There is humor but there is hatred too. I remember watching the film thinking about these type of comments and vibes and having to put it aside in order to enjoy the film.
As I said, I am so proud of Joaquin , he's amazing in many ways. He needs to stop the self-hate and start loving himself .
I know you prefer to keep it light in here but if you ask my opinion this is it.

I'm not into psycho-analysing Joaquin these days but I don't read that as "hatred". I think he's done a lot of talking about the film to journalists and at that point he probably was "sick of the sound of his own voice", talking about the same stuff over and over but just to different people. It's a phrase. I think we should be wary of reading too much into what he says. jmo.

Offline sami  
#462 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:52:57 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi Joy,
I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to impose my view or that I'm looking at these comments with a magnifying glass because I'm not . I have my own life, I've got many things to do , and I have my own stuff to deal with .
Psyco-analysis involves looking at somebody childhood , that's what Freud discovered , and what I'm doing here is just a mere comment on top his comment , that's all . Moreover it was a good natured one, not critical , so please just relax !!
Now it's gonna get buried and forgotten so we can continue having fun !
That was all :-)
Offline joy  
#463 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:22:24 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I am relaxed, sami.   

Waiting for the boat trip. 

Offline admin  
#464 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:05:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
Very good, admin, but not all have us have seen the film. However, I'm sure when I see it next week I'll notice your observations now. 

There used to be a 'spoiler' button with the old-style commentary facility, but this new 'improved' version doesn't. Would have been useful.

Hi Joy,

Oh yes, my apologies, when you said you'd seen Her... I thought you were the last one of us who hadn't seen it. But come to think of it... maybe FedupandStressed and justme haven't seen it yet? 

And yes, the spoiler button disappeared when I updated to the HTML editor... it would have been handy i agree! It must be a male editor... you gain one thing at the expensive of others. 
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#465 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:21:12 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

No need to apologise to me, Admin. I'm not the one you forgot about. 

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#466 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:17:36 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I still didn't wtach it... but I didn't read yoir comment at whole... because when I saw that you started saying... "now that we all have watched Her..." I closed it!!!! I don't want to know any detail!!!!
It's in 28th of February!

#467 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:27:22 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:
sami wrote:
Admin,
If I tell you the truth, right now I am a bit caught in this interview today. I know he's probably trolling the journalists but he makes some comments like this one:
admin wrote:
he’s “sick of the sound of my own f***ing voice”>

And i cant just laugh it out. There is humor but there is hatred too. I remember watching the film thinking about these type of comments and vibes and having to put it aside in order to enjoy the film.
As I said, I am so proud of Joaquin , he's amazing in many ways. He needs to stop the self-hate and start loving himself .
I know you prefer to keep it light in here but if you ask my opinion this is it.

I'm not into psycho-analysing Joaquin these days but I don't read that as "hatred". I think he's done a lot of talking about the film to journalists and at that point he probably was "sick of the sound of his own voice", talking about the same stuff over and over but just to different people. It's a phrase. I think we should be wary of reading too much into what he says. jmo.

I think being famous must be really hard... these days media has been publishing photos of him with his gf in a New York... and this photos finally end up in sites dedicated to JP... so people, and I don't going to blame anyone because I have been the first, people have been commenting the shots as if it was a football match... 
Oh! If he is more or less romantic, if he walk few metres ahead to her... if they are going to split soon or not...
When you take part in some of this conversation you finally engange... yesterday I passed few seconds gazering these photos and commenting like the rest... and then I thought!!! What the hell I care???
But most of people need to have some kind of fun and to think in something which involve less worries... and the result it is... to analize the life of someone that you really don't know only because this person is famous and his life is on media...
Offline sami  
#468 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:05:07 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

If you love somebody you care about them and wish them the very best. I don't know how ppl distort my words into something weird when all it is is genuine care.
Fefupsndstressed and Joy , just for the record my comment was addressed to Admin and he is the one who should be answering not you. Stop doing his job .
Sometimes fans end up putting themselves in such a tiny space and end up contaminating each other w bad energy . It's a pity ! (That's referring to the latest comment #467)

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:34:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#469 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:05:40 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

I saw Sami... i think every one must care our own behaviours... happy saint valentin day to those of u who are able to celebrate it with love.
Offline joy  
#470 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:26:36 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
If you love somebody you care about them and wish them the very best. I don't know how ppl distort my words into something weird when all it is is genuine care.
Fefupsndstressed and Joy , just for the record my comment was addressed to Admin and he is the one who should be answering not you. Stop doing his job .
Sometimes fans end up putting themselves in such a tiny space and end up contaminating each other w bad energy . It's a pity ! (That's referring to the latest comment #467)

I'm not doing Admin's job. I didn't realise we were not allowed to respond to any post and needed permission. 

Offline joy  
#471 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:27:58 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
I saw Sami... i think every one must care our own behaviours... happy saint valentin day to those of u who are able to celebrate it with love.

Thanks, fu&s. I will. Hope you all can too. 
Offline sami  
#472 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:17:11 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
sami wrote:

I'm not doing Admin's job. I didn't realise we were not allowed to respond to any post and needed permission. 

My comment was addressed to him, not to you. You jumped in the middle of our conversation and answered for him. I have the right to tell you to step aside . If you want to start a convo with him, go ahead but this one is between him and me. and please stop giving me such a hard time all the time.
Offline sami  
#473 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:20:35 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
I think so too but I also know that I'm thankful for all the times my friends have given me good advice !
Happy Valentines to you too ! 

Offline joy  
#474 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:17:06 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
joy wrote:
sami wrote:

My comment was addressed to him, not to you. You jumped in the middle of our conversation and answered for him. I have the right to tell you to step aside . If you want to start a convo with him, go ahead but this one is between him and me. and please stop giving me such a hard time all the time.

No, sami. I was speaking for myself. 

Admin, do you think Joaquin will come to the UK for the premiere of 'Her'? 

Offline sami  
#475 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:05:30 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I think you two should get a room. I mean it !
Offline admin  
#476 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:09:17 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
Admin, do you think Joaquin will come to the UK for the premiere of 'Her'?

Hi Joy,

Is there a premiere for Her in the U.K? As far as i'm aware the film goes on general release tomorrow in the U.K.... it's a bit strange to have a premiere after the general release? Unless the general release is tomorrow also? Do you know something?
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#477 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:53:09 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Hi Joy,

Is there a premiere for Her in the U.K? As far as i'm aware the film goes on general release tomorrow in the U.K.... it's a bit strange to have a premiere after the general release? Unless the general release is tomorrow also? Do you know something?

No, I don't know anything. I thought premieres took place on the release dates. I guess Joaquin will slip off the radar again now for a while. 

Offline joy  
#478 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:55:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
I think you two should get a room. I mean it !

Nah, I'm not Admin's type - I don't look anything like Scarlett Johannson. 

#479 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:17:38 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

sami wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:
I think so too but I also know that I'm thankful for all the times my friends have given me good advice !
Happy Valentines to you too ! 

Ok, I'm going to pass it without love... But i will try to not be envious of the fortunated people who found his middle in the latest times!!!!
My rule was: Looking for my middle orange, I usually eat tangerines... The trouble is that every time there are less tangerines...
#480 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:23:29 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

I have to wait a little more... I'm very sad because of Spike Jonze... did I tell u that I'm follower in Instagram? He uses to reply everybody less me LOL LOL LOL He doesn't pay me attention!!!

I don't think they are going to come to Spain to a premier of the movie... I suppose it will be a general premier... and if it happened, it would be in Madrid (no my city), so to me is the same!