JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<2021222324>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#421 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:54:18 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

This factory is in place where everyday palestinian people is condemne to live in an horrible situation, without water or the things to cover their basic neccessities, while aside the Israeli setler live in beauty houses and eve some of them in luxury houses... The factory is known to be benefited by taxes politics of Israel Government for bussiness which decide to stablish in the occupied land... This politics are thought to support the occupation...

Hi Fedupandstressedm,

This is why I copied this article because i wanted to know both sides. 

"As criticism mounted, she released a statement late last week calling SodaStream a "a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbors working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights." So is it? In the factory, workers on 12-hour shifts make about seven dollars an hour, a hair above Israel's minimum wage and three times higher than the average Palestinian wage. We didn't want to quiz employees under the boss's eye. But in a minimart in the nearby Palestinian town of Eizariyah, a SodaStream employee who had worked at the company for three years showed us his ID. But he didn't want his name used. "It's an excellent place to work," he said. "It provides a good salary and they treat us very well. At SodaStream, they do not discriminate between Arabs, Jews or any ethnic group."

So it looks that within the factory there is a climate of tolerance and respect. They say they give jobs to 5000 palestinians that otherwise wouldn't have a job. I think Scarlett is speaking for these facts. Then the territorial facts  are a bigger issue. I agree, it should have been researched better but maybe she is ok with it, it seems, because she has had to resign from her global ambassador post at Oxfam.

To me, if I have to take sides, I take the sides of the people caught in this conflict. It affects their whole lives ! 
Offline joy  
#422 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:02:27 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:
joy wrote:
That video's the same one I posted on the previous page bar the addition of a few reviews and awards info over the visuals.  

... and the one you posted on the previous page is the same one i posted 3 weeks ago Joy!

http://joaquinphoenix.co...--Her-2013.aspx#post3717

Oh no! I told you I was losing track!   

admin wrote:
We're all a bit mad around here...  It's not chill pills i need, something stronger please Nurse Rachet. 

Oi! I hope you're not implying that I'm Nurse Ratched! I'll tell on you to your mother if you are!   

PS: Too tired to join in with the political debate tonight. 

Offline admin  
#423 Posted : Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:14:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)

The Winners Of The 66th Annual Writers Guild Of America Awards

Original ScreenplayHer, Written by Spike Jonze; Warner Bros.

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#424 Posted : Sunday, February 2, 2014 11:21:51 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Offline admin  
#425 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:12:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#426 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:44:35 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello!

Cool picture admin... I just only coming here to tell you hello and glance!

LOL (Glance is a new word to me)

The nex 28th of February Her is going to be shown in spanish cinemas... I think! 

#427 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:00:50 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Hi!

Just came here to tell you that I found the suposed Spike Jonze profile in Instagram... I'm not sure to be really him, but he has been replying some questions about Her...

@plntnl The idea I guess I originally had almost 10 years ago, from when I had an IM chat with an artificial program online, and it was really limited obviously, it was Alicebot or one of those things (I can't remember what the name was exactly). And from that I had the initial idea of a man having a relationship with an artificial intelligence program. But then it was probably wasn't until 5 years later that I started thinking about it more as a way to write about relationships, and trying to understand them"

pr4nn0yAre you working on anything new with Girl, Chocolate or Lakai? @spikejonze1
spikejonze1@pr4nn0y A few days ago we talked about the plans for the new Lakai video. It begins!

This is the link of his Intsagram: http://instagram.com/p/kCherLiM2g/
#428 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:04:14 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

In other hand...

Sami, this is a question for you. I have seen that Her is going to be entitled ELLA in Spain... and I think it is a wrong translation, because to me it should be... De Ella or Suyo...

I think that the main character is him, and not her... what do u think about it?
Offline sami  
#429 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:41:05 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
In other hand...

Sami, this is a question for you. I have seen that Her is going to be entitled ELLA in Spain... and I think it is a wrong translation, because to me it should be... De Ella or Suyo...

I think that the main character is him, and not her... what do u think about it?

Hi ,
The translation is not literal. I think it's just a matter of what sounds better in each language !
It's interesting.. I think the movie is about him because "she" is in his mind,..   "She" is the ideal woman but she doesn't exist.. so is this the message of the film? what do you think? Oh, you haven't seen it yet ! I always forget 
Offline sami  
#430 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:43:30 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Ina ny case, you can probably figure it out at this point.. there are so many spoilers !
Offline joy  
#431 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:03:42 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

fu&s - I babelfished 'de ella' and 'suyo' and they translated into English as 'It' and 'yours' respectively. Are those good translations? Spike Jonze called the film 'Her' though, so why not 'ella'? Or do you think Spike called the film the wrong thing?

sami & fu&s - how would a Spanish person understand 'ella' as the title of this film? Would they understand it as 'her' for instance? Or would it be understood as 'she'? There's the film 'Hable Con Ella' which is translated as 'Talk To Her' but is that because there are other words in the title? Haha. 

Languages are a little hobby for me. Hehe. 

Offline admin  
#432 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:45:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

'Her' technology comes a step closer... maybe... 

EmoSPARK | The First Artificial Intelligence Home Console - Official Release

Offline joy  
#433 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:00:05 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Well, I've played my part & made contact! I don't want to be on that trip though, thanks all the same, Emospark. 

Offline admin  
#434 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:48:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

The Times of India: Joaquin Phoenix gives spectacular performance in 'Her'

"Method acting has been a trend in Hollywood since a long time. But what actor Joaquin Phoenix did for Spike Jonze's upcoming sci-fi, Oscar nominated film 'HER', has taken acting to a new level."

Offline sami  
#435 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:43:15 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
fu&s - I babelfished 'de ella' and 'suyo' and they translated into English as 'It' and 'yours' respectively. Are those good translations? Spike Jonze called the film 'Her' though, so why not 'ella'? Or do you think Spike called the film the wrong thing?

sami & fu&s - how would a Spanish person understand 'ella' as the title of this film? Would they understand it as 'her' for instance? Or would it be understood as 'she'? There's the film 'Hable Con Ella' which is translated as 'Talk To Her' but is that because there are other words in the title? Haha. 

Hi,
Yes, I think those are good translations. We will need a bit of collective effort to solve this puzzle , lol !
We cannot say what it is without talking about grammar so here it goes:
If I'm not wrong her can be either a possessive pronoun or indirect object pronoun, right? It depends on the context, but here there isn't so... what is it?
poss --> Her purse = Su bolso
IO ---> Talk to her = Hable con ella
Personal pron --> He/She/It = El/Ella/Ello

That's as far as I can get !

My personal opinion is that he is using it as an indirect object pronoun and he is omitting the first part which could be : I miss her, or I like her, I love her,.. etc. In Spanish the grammar is different, this is why !  "She likes to me" instead of "I like her".... is this a BINGO ?!! 

Edited by user Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:49:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#436 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:44:58 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
'Her' technology comes a step closer... maybe... 

EmoSPARK | The First Artificial Intelligence Home Console - Official Release

You know what? They can shove it ! 
#437 Posted : Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:56:05 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

sami wrote:
joy wrote:

Hi,
Yes, I think those are good translations. We will need a bit of collective effort to solve this puzzle , lol !
We cannot say what it is without talking about grammar so here it goes:
If I'm not wrong her can be either a possessive pronoun or indirect object pronoun, right? It depends on the context, but here there isn't so... what is it?
poss --> Her purse = Su bolso
IO ---> Talk to her = Hable con ella
Personal pron --> He/She/It = El/Ella/Ello

That's as far as I can get !

My personal opinion is that he is using it as an indirect object pronoun and he is omitting the first part which could be : I miss her, or I like her, I love her,.. etc. In Spanish the grammar is different, this is why !  "She likes to me" instead of "I like her".... is this a BINGO ?!! 

Yes, I made a mistake with HERS... It's SUYO... But I agree with Sami... In this case, the translation would be right!
Offline joy  
#438 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 5:54:55 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Okay ladies, thanks for your replies. 

In English, we can say 'her' on it's own I think without anything else in the same way we can say 'it' or 'them' or 'him' or 'clock' or 'book' or any other nouns you'd like to choose (even though 'her' is a pronoun, I know). In the case of 'her' it would be understood as something like 'the female' or 'the woman'. 

I don't know if Spike intended anything else in the title other than 'her' but if he did, why not 'Her: the operating system'? Haha, well, I guess that's not a very inspiring title for a love story, but you get my drift (I hope). And why not 'It' since Samantha isn't real? Or is that what the story is about too? What makes a 'her' her rather than an 'it'? Or, put another way, what makes an 'it' a 'her'? (or should that be an 'her' like 'an hotel'?) Haha, it all sounds a bit Dr Seuss-like!

Then there's a question kind of thing. "Who do you love?" "Who are you thinking about?" "Who makes you happy?" and so on.. Answer: "Her.

The thought has crossed my mind that it's an acronym, although it's not presented as such. What would that stand for though? Don't think it's that. 

I'm not an expert on the english language but when I see the word 'her' in this film's title I just understand it as woman or female. I haven't seen the film yet, but I assume the 'her' is Samantha. But is it? Dun.dun.dunnnn... Haha. 

Hope some, if not all of this makes sense. 

Edited by user Friday, February 7, 2014 6:02:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#439 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 10:55:26 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Oh yeah ! It all makes perfect sense ! Why not accept it's just an ambiguous title ? I was just reading an interview where Spike says he has some concrete ideas but what he wants is that everybody finds their own interpretations.
I also thought about the question : Who is it ? it's her.
If we look at the poster we see the face of a man with sad eyes and big letters on top of his head saying: Her.
Who broke his heart? It was her .
Was it a specific woman or just all of the women out there making a her ? Perhaps he means that !
I think sometimes as men being all a big mass of masculine matter and then there are variations of the same thing.. I guess we can see if this way !
Offline sami  
#440 Posted : Friday, February 7, 2014 10:56:26 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
The Times of India: Joaquin Phoenix gives spectacular performance in 'Her'

"Method acting has been a trend in Hollywood since a long time. But what actor Joaquin Phoenix did for Spike Jonze's upcoming sci-fi, Oscar nominated film 'HER', has taken acting to a new level."

Spike is adorable just as Joaquin :)