JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1920212223>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#401 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:10:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Fedupandstressed wrote:

On the 8th of March!!!!

I hear that all the 'passing an exam' planetary vibrations are going to be focused and beaming above your head on that day Studying

Good Luck Text Fingers Crossed

Offline admin  
#402 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:41:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Good luck with your exams fedupandstressed 

I'm looking forward to see what you change your forum name to after your exams... 'happyandmellow', perhaps? or maybe just 'lessfedupandstressed'?
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#403 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 1:49:01 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

kitten wrote:

oh my, I love the part with the alien kid, when he is playing the video game, I think Spike want to make a video game based on alien kid, love it

The scene w the alien kid is so funny ! the scene where they are having a date at the restaurant and they start comparing themselves to different types of animals was very funny too ... Sorry for the spoilers Joy !
joy wrote:
admin wrote:

Her: the movie every internet addict should be forced to watch

Tuesday 28 January 2014 16.32 GMT

We all use technology to escape from our lives. But sometimes you need to see a film about a man having sex with his phone for it to really hit home

That's a good article. Admin. I like how she imagines how different people will view the film.

This guardian journalist is so funny.If she really started twitting about the movie before she spoke about it, That's a serious addiction ! I look forward to feedback from European audiences <3
Fedupandstressed wrote:
>On the 8th of March!!!!

The 8th of March it is then ! I hope it all goes well for you!
--

And if Samantha is not real, then who is the title of the movie referring to ???
It reminds me of this song: She's not there !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5IRI4oHKNU&sns=em

Another interesting part of the movie is how dating an OS becomes socially acceptable. If we are heading towards more artificial intelligent interactions in the future I don't want to loose track of what is what . I think that would be a bit maddening !

Edited by user Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:25:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#404 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:07:30 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
admin wrote:
Good luck with your exams fedupandstressed 

I'm looking forward to see what you change your forum name to after your exams... 'happyandmellow', perhaps? or maybe just 'lessfedupandstressed'?
 I think lesstressed is better, because i will go on with a hard activity!!!
#405 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:08:35 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:

On the 8th of March!!!!

I hear that all the 'passing an exam' planetary vibrations are going to be focused and beaming above your head on that day Studying

Good Luck Text Fingers Crossed

Thank uuuuuu

#406 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:13:48 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

sami wrote:
kitten wrote:

oh my, I love the part with the alien kid, when he is playing the video game, I think Spike want to make a video game based on alien kid, love it

The scene w the alien kid is so funny ! the scene where they are having a date at the restaurant and they start comparing themselves to different types of animals was very funny too ... Sorry for the spoilers Joy !
joy wrote:
admin wrote:

Her: the movie every internet addict should be forced to watch

Tuesday 28 January 2014 16.32 GMT

We all use technology to escape from our lives. But sometimes you need to see a film about a man having sex with his phone for it to really hit home

That's a good article. Admin. I like how she imagines how different people will view the film.

This guardian journalist is so funny.If she really started twitting about the movie before she spoke about it, That's a serious addiction ! I look forward to feedback from European audiences <3

Fedupandstressed wrote:
>On the 8th of March!!!!

The 8th of March it is then ! I hope it all goes well for you!
--

And if Samantha is not real, then who is the title of the movie referring to ???
It reminds me of this song: She's not there !
http://www.youtube.com/w...v=f5IRI4oHKNU&sns=em

Another interesting part of the movie is how dating an OS becomes socially acceptable. If we are heading towards more artificial intelligent interactions in the future I don't want to loose track of what is what . I think that would be a bit maddening !

Now I remember that Jenniffer Lopez was the first artificial intelligence in make fall in love someone...

#407 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:19:34 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

don't know to post an url!
Offline sami  
#408 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:45:57 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I can't do it either :-S
Offline joy  
#409 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:13:50 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
 Sorry for the spoilers Joy !

That's okay, sami. I'm not the only one who hasn't seen the film btw. 

There's a tutorial on this forum somewhere with all the info about how to post urls, pics, etc. Can't recall where it is, but Admin might be able to provide a link.

Offline sami  
#410 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:52:50 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
sami wrote:
 Sorry for the spoilers Joy !

That's okay, sami. I'm not the only one who hasn't seen the film btw. 
I know, there's Fedupandstressed as well! She seemed to be busy though, I figured she doesn't have time to read it all.
joy wrote:
There's a tutorial on this forum somewhere with all the info about how to post urls, pics, etc. Can't recall where it is, but Admin might be able to provide a link.

No need to. I already went through it several times. I think the prob is with my PC.
-

Offline admin  
#411 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:55:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:

I've create a tutorial on how to create a link here:

Hope that helps those who need it! 
Offline admin  
#412 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:06:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

'Her': New Behind-the-Scenes Featurette Centers on Failed Marriage (Video)

Offline joy  
#413 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:04:03 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

That video's the same one I posted on the previous page bar the addition of a few reviews and awards info over the visuals.  

There's an interview with Spike Jonze in The Independent today

"Even if it’s not your run-of-the-mill rom-com, it explains just why Jonze’s movie has been moved from its original January UK release to a Valentine’s Day slot."

So 'Her' was due for a January release! I'm not losing my mind after all!! 
Offline admin  
#414 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:37:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
That video's the same one I posted on the previous page bar the addition of a few reviews and awards info over the visuals.  

... and the one you posted on the previous page is the same one i posted 3 weeks ago Joy!

http://joaquinphoenix.co...--Her-2013.aspx#post3717

We're all a bit mad around here...  It's not chill pills i need, something stronger please Nurse Rachet. 
Offline admin  
#415 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:23:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Lovable Set of Alternate Posters for Spike Jonze's 'Her' from ShortList

by 
January 31, 2014

Spike Jonze's Her Alternate Poster

More:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/lovable-set-of-alternate-posters-for-spike-jonzes-her-from-shortlist/

Offline admin  
#416 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:31:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Offline sami  
#417 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:06:17 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

In the meantime SJ is facing some criticism over her recent sparkling soda ad. I received an email today asking to sign a petition against her ad . This is what is going on:
http://www.npr.org/blogs...ddle-east-flap-over-soda
When celebrities get drawn into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, wittingly or not, controversy is sure to follow.

American actress Scarlett Johansson is the latest to discover this ironclad law of Middle East politics. And the issue is soda.

Johansson has for the past eight years been the celebrity representative for Oxfam International, the global aid organization.

And she recently became the spokeswoman for SodaStream, manufacturer of the machines that allow you to make your own fizzy beverages at home. As many as 500,000 of the machines a month are made in a factory in the Israeli settlement of Ma'ale Adumim, which is in the occupied West Bank, just a bit to the east of Jerusalem.

The Palestinians overwhelmingly oppose the Israeli settlements in the West Bank, as does Oxfam, and they are not recognized as legal by any other country. There's even criticism of the settlements from places you might not expect.

"I don't like the settlements," says Daniel Birnbaum, CEO of SodaStream, who has who has spoken out against discrimination toward Palestinian workers in the past.
But he doesn't want to close his factory either. The factory in the Mishor Adumim Industrial Zone employs Israelis, as well as 500 Palestinian workers, and the company estimates that many more people would be harmed economically if those workers lost their jobs.

"I don't want to send 5,000 people into hunger because some activist group thinks that's going to promote peace. I just don't see how that's going to serve any good purpose," he says.

Johansson stepped in the middle of all this when she signed on as a spokeswoman for SodaStream.

"Like most actors, my real job is to change the world. Start with plain water, add bubbles ..." Johansson says in the SodaStream ad that's been scheduled to run during the Super Bowl on Sunday.

As criticism mounted, she released a statement late last week calling SodaStream a "a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbors working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights."

So is it?

In the factory, workers on 12-hour shifts make about seven dollars an hour, a hair above Israel's minimum wage and three times higher than the average Palestinian wage.

We didn't want to quiz employees under the boss's eye. But in a minimart in the nearby Palestinian town of Eizariyah, a SodaStream employee who had worked at the company for three years showed us his ID. But he didn't want his name used.

"It's an excellent place to work," he said. "It provides a good salary and they treat us very well. At SodaStream, they do not discriminate between Arabs, Jews or any ethnic group."

The worker has a degree in political science and psychology, but he says there's no work in those fields in the West Bank.

As we wrap up, another man wants to talk. He works for the Palestinian Authority and hates the Israeli homes and factories in the West Bank.

"Having Israeli factories on Palestinian land helps the Israeli economy and consolidates the settler presence on our land," says the man, who gave only his first name, Mohammad. "When they provide work for the Palestinians, it's a way of beautifying the image of the occupation."

It seems everyone in the area knows someone who works at SodaStream. While it's seen as a good job, college senior Fadi Abu Nemeh says after Israel built its separation barrier in and around the West Bank, people here have few real choices.

"A lot of people had their jobs in Jerusalem, in Arab companies and Arab businesses," he said. "After the wall [was built], they lost their jobs. So they had to work in places like SodaStream."

Johannson says she will keep promoting the company. Oxfam will keep opposing made-in-settlements products.

Hubert Murray, the grandson of an Oxfam founder, says the aid group should have let Johannson go before she resigned.

"This is a very subtle and complex ethical issue," he says. "That's why it's so important for organizations like Oxfam to have very clear adherence to principle, and not shilly-shally and prevaricate."

The politics of the Middle East is not the only controversy surrounding Johannson and SodaStream.

In the last line of her commercial, she gushes over the drink she's made with SodaStream and purrs, "Sorry, Coke and Pepsi."

Last year, CBS was televising the Super Bowl and banned a different SodaStream ad because it was deemed too offensive to the rival beverage makers. Fox, which is televising the game this year, said it would do the same because of Johannson's last line.

But Birnbaum, the head of SodaStream, said the line will be cut from this year's ad so it can air. The uncut version has already received more than 1 million clicks on YouTube.

Offline sami  
#418 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:33:55 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I love the posters Admin ! I love people's creative responses . They have this very human quality that commercial products lack sometimes ! I can't draw but I like arts and crafts . They're a lot of fun :)
#419 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:21:35 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

sami wrote:
In the meantime SJ is facing some criticism over her recent sparkling soda ad. I received an email today asking to sign a petition against her ad . This is what is going on:
http://www.npr.org/blogs...ddle-east-flap-over-soda
When celebrities get drawn into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, wittingly or not, controversy is sure to follow.

American actress Scarlett Johansson is the latest to discover this ironclad law of Middle East politics. And the issue is soda.

Johansson has for the past eight years been the celebrity representative for Oxfam International, the global aid organization.

And she recently became the spokeswoman for SodaStream, manufacturer of the machines that allow you to make your own fizzy beverages at home. As many as 500,000 of the machines a month are made in a factory in the Israeli settlement of Ma'ale Adumim, which is in the occupied West Bank, just a bit to the east of Jerusalem.

The Palestinians overwhelmingly oppose the Israeli settlements in the West Bank, as does Oxfam, and they are not recognized as legal by any other country. There's even criticism of the settlements from places you might not expect.

"I don't like the settlements," says Daniel Birnbaum, CEO of SodaStream, who has who has spoken out against discrimination toward Palestinian workers in the past.
But he doesn't want to close his factory either. The factory in the Mishor Adumim Industrial Zone employs Israelis, as well as 500 Palestinian workers, and the company estimates that many more people would be harmed economically if those workers lost their jobs.

"I don't want to send 5,000 people into hunger because some activist group thinks that's going to promote peace. I just don't see how that's going to serve any good purpose," he says.

Johansson stepped in the middle of all this when she signed on as a spokeswoman for SodaStream.

"Like most actors, my real job is to change the world. Start with plain water, add bubbles ..." Johansson says in the SodaStream ad that's been scheduled to run during the Super Bowl on Sunday.

As criticism mounted, she released a statement late last week calling SodaStream a "a bridge to peace between Israel and Palestine, supporting neighbors working alongside each other, receiving equal pay, equal benefits and equal rights."

So is it?

In the factory, workers on 12-hour shifts make about seven dollars an hour, a hair above Israel's minimum wage and three times higher than the average Palestinian wage.

We didn't want to quiz employees under the boss's eye. But in a minimart in the nearby Palestinian town of Eizariyah, a SodaStream employee who had worked at the company for three years showed us his ID. But he didn't want his name used.

"It's an excellent place to work," he said. "It provides a good salary and they treat us very well. At SodaStream, they do not discriminate between Arabs, Jews or any ethnic group."

The worker has a degree in political science and psychology, but he says there's no work in those fields in the West Bank.

As we wrap up, another man wants to talk. He works for the Palestinian Authority and hates the Israeli homes and factories in the West Bank.

"Having Israeli factories on Palestinian land helps the Israeli economy and consolidates the settler presence on our land," says the man, who gave only his first name, Mohammad. "When they provide work for the Palestinians, it's a way of beautifying the image of the occupation."

It seems everyone in the area knows someone who works at SodaStream. While it's seen as a good job, college senior Fadi Abu Nemeh says after Israel built its separation barrier in and around the West Bank, people here have few real choices.

"A lot of people had their jobs in Jerusalem, in Arab companies and Arab businesses," he said. "After the wall [was built], they lost their jobs. So they had to work in places like SodaStream."

Johannson says she will keep promoting the company. Oxfam will keep opposing made-in-settlements products.

Hubert Murray, the grandson of an Oxfam founder, says the aid group should have let Johannson go before she resigned.

"This is a very subtle and complex ethical issue," he says. "That's why it's so important for organizations like Oxfam to have very clear adherence to principle, and not shilly-shally and prevaricate."

The politics of the Middle East is not the only controversy surrounding Johannson and SodaStream.

In the last line of her commercial, she gushes over the drink she's made with SodaStream and purrs, "Sorry, Coke and Pepsi."

Last year, CBS was televising the Super Bowl and banned a different SodaStream ad because it was deemed too offensive to the rival beverage makers. Fox, which is televising the game this year, said it would do the same because of Johannson's last line.

But Birnbaum, the head of SodaStream, said the line will be cut from this year's ad so it can air. The uncut version has already received more than 1 million clicks on YouTube.

Sami!

I have known about all this controversy because I activist  into one pro Palestinian group. I think that being so famous like Scarlett is compliated to scape to the controversy, but if you are famous and you usually care about justice... like in her case, you have the responsabilty to informer yourself at whole before to be the image in a campaign. This factory is in place where everyday palestinian people is condemne to live in an horrible situation, without water or the things to cover their basic neccessities, while aside the Israeli setler live in beauty houses and eve some of them in luxury houses... The factory is known to be benefited by taxes politics of Israel Government for bussiness which decide to stablish in the occupied land... This politics are thought to support the occupation...
I think that Scarlett should to informer, or should to visit the occuppied land to see the result over the palestinian families and I'm going to recomend here a book which is written by a great Spanish Journalist who was living there during a time... 

It means: Wet man isn't afraid by rain.

I don't know if it exists in English!

#420 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:24:10 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Coming back to Her... In this month is going to be in Spanish Cinemas...