JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#381 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:55:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
For those outside the U.S. who can't view via hulu 

Jonah Hill - "Me" (Spoof Of The Movie Her) Ft. Michael Cera

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#382 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 3:34:09 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
You know what? There are so many spoofs on this film that I'm worried I'll be 'full up' by the time I get to see the real thing. 

Oh, Admin....here, this is for your exasperation. 

Offline sami  
#383 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 4:47:15 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Well, I was trying to talk about the meaning of the movie but nobody replied to me :(
It's easier for the media to make parodies than to ask meaningful questions to their audience. Who wants to stop and thinki about their lives ? It's too inconvenient , sadly for most people. But as Joaquin, I like to keep positive about the future !
sami wrote:
Great ! You know, I have family in the UK so I'm part of the club too !
I don't know if I'll follow the Oscar race but I'll def check out the interviews. I love Spike, his enthusiasm is so contagious !I'm just catching up w the Letterman one . I'm w Dave that it must have been hard to imagine a relationship movie when one half is not there. All the weight fell on Joaquin's face expressions and Scarlett's voice. I agree that She was
Great too. Imagine if the voice over becomes monotonous, the movie fails. There were a lot of risks taken !
Jeez, I would like to talk about the relationship side of the movie but it's not easy. I think it's obvious that the movie hints that sometimes ppl look for partners to fill a void, and how do they tell the story to themselves is what makes a difference.

Personally, I'm thinking what is real love ? is it having a lot of feelings all at once or is it loving someone for who they are ?

Offline kitten  
#384 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 5:35:59 AM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I saw Her twice and love it, to may spoofs, very good movie, I may check it out again, lol
Offline joy  
#385 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 5:53:19 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
Well, I was trying to talk about the meaning of the movie but nobody replied to me :(
It's easier for the media to make parodies than to ask meaningful questions to their audience. Who wants to stop and thinki about their lives ? It's too inconvenient , sadly for most people. But as Joaquin, I like to keep positive about the future !

Hi Sami,

I haven't seen this film yet so I'm not up for discussing its deeper messages, etc. I spend a lot of my life thinking about my life, thank you, and my role in the wider scheme of things as it applies to me. I also have a job which requires and invites me to ponder these things now and then. Not to mention various other things which require deeper mental activity and pro-active activism. However, I don't view this forum as a place for me to discuss all of this. For me, being light-hearted and having a bit of fun, laughing, is a great way to relieve the stresses of life. If, when I've seen the film, I want to discuss my thoughts about its themes and so on, then I will. Until then I'm taking a cue from Joaquin and just chillin' - something I think he also likes to do and actually is rather adept at. 

Don't mind me - if anyone wants to discuss what Sami wants to discuss, then go ahead and if you don't like the light-hearted stuff, well, tough. 

Have we had this one posted yet? I'm kind of losing track.

Offline joy  
#386 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 5:55:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
I saw Her twice and love it, to may spoofs, very good movie, I may check it out again, lol

Hi Kitten. That's great you got to see the film a couple of times. I'll probably get to see it more than once too. Looking forward to it. 

Offline admin  
#387 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 8:13:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
sami wrote:
Great ! You know, I have family in the UK so I'm part of the club too !
I don't know if I'll follow the Oscar race but I'll def check out the interviews. I love Spike, his enthusiasm is so contagious !I'm just catching up w the Letterman one . I'm w Dave that it must have been hard to imagine a relationship movie when one half is not there. All the weight fell on Joaquin's face expressions and Scarlett's voice. I agree that She was
Great too. Imagine if the voice over becomes monotonous, the movie fails. There were a lot of risks taken !
Jeez, I would like to talk about the relationship side of the movie but it's not easy. I think it's obvious that the movie hints that sometimes ppl look for partners to fill a void, and how do they tell the story to themselves is what makes a difference.

Personally, I'm thinking what is real love ? is it having a lot of feelings all at once or is it loving someone for who they are ?

Hi Sami,

Where about's in the U.K. do you have family!?

Regarding the relationships in the movie Her, i thought they were pretty relatable, especially his relationship with his ex-wife (the good times and the break-up part also) and even the date with Olivia Wilde's character. Most people who have seen the film seem to be able to related to it. Ultimately it's about loneliness i guess... on a planet of 7billion people, we all are pretty lonely it would seem... soul wise anyway.

In conclusion, i no expert on this area. I don't know much about emotions and feelings... because i'm male, so wasn't born with any! 
Offline joy  
#388 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 9:12:57 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Brought this to mind..

Plato

In his dialogue The SymposiumPlato has Aristophanes present a story about soul mates. Aristophanes states that humans originally had four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces. He continues that there were three genders: manwoman and the "Androgynous". Each with two sets of genitalia with the Androgynous having both male and female genitalia. The men were children of the sun, the women were children of the earth and the Androgynous were children of the moon, which was born of the sun and earth. It is said that humans had great strength at the time and threatened to conquer the gods. The gods were then faced with the prospect of destroying the humans with lightning as they had done with the Titans but then they would lose the tributes given to the gods by humans. Zeusdeveloped a creative solution by splitting humans in half as punishment for humanity's pride and doubling the number of humans who would give tribute to the gods. These split humans were in utter misery to the point where they would not eat and would perish so Apollohad sewn them up and reconstituted their bodies with the navel being the only remnant harkening back to their original form. Each human would then only have one set of genitalia and would forever long for his/her other half; the other half of his/her soul. It is said that when the two find each other, there is an unspoken understanding of one another, that they feel unified and would lie with each other in unity and would know no greater joy than that.[3]

admin wrote:
In conclusion, i no expert on this area. I don't know much about emotions and feelings... because i'm male, so wasn't born with any! 

Oh, I thought that was because you were a sociopath. Oh no, wait, that's me. 

Offline sami  
#389 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 10:18:12 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Sounds good Joy.  I don’t want to be a burden to you.

Thank you for sharing the video, it’s a very nice watch!!

Oh , and thanks for bringing the quote. I like mythology . I don’t think I believe in soulmates anymore.. it’s a fairy tale !!

kitten wrote:

Hi Kitten, nice to hear from you. I love it too !

What is your favorite part of the movie if there is one?

Admin wrote:

Ultimately it's about loneliness i
guess... on a planet of 7billion people, we all are pretty lonely it would seem... soul wise anyway.

Admin, that’s beautiful. You see? You do have feelings !   

I haven’t had a very long
relationship yet, so I’m not an expert either,  but I  think
lifecan be scary and that living it with a partner must make the hard parts much
easier to get through.   Having someone to lean on is a luxury . I think human beings, in general, we take too many things for granted . If we stopped to think about it, we would realise how lucky we are and we would be much happier !

---

Thank you all for replying to my message !

Edited by user Monday, January 27, 2014 10:34:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#390 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 2:11:02 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Oh no, i always End up talking about myself , lol .. I just wanted to comment on some comments that some critics have made about this movie saying that this is not a movie about real relationships . I think they are missing the point. To me, it's about how ppl trick themselves into thinking they are in something real when it's not. It doesn't make any difference whether its a computer or a person, it never ends well. The movie talks about these kinds of relationships. See how Theodore has a gut feeling at the beginning but he doesn't fOllow it . Some critics are so square . I can almost see them sitting on their desks with all their self-rightiousness : "this is right and this wrong ! "Good bye !!
Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#391 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 4:19:35 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
sami wrote:
Oh no, i always End up talking about myself , lol .. I just wanted to comment on some comments that some critics have made about this movie saying that this is not a movie about real relationships . I think they are missing the point. To me, it's about how ppl trick themselves into thinking they are in something real when it's not. It doesn't make any difference whether its a computer or a person, it never ends well. The movie talks about these kinds of relationships. See how Theodore has a gut feeling at the beginning but he doesn't fOllow it . Some critics are so square . I can almost see them sitting on their desks with all their self-rightiousness : "this is right and this wrong ! "Good bye !!

I agree with you, and I'll add... None is able to know the nature of the human feeling in love, because this is something very close... I really wish to watch the movie soon to talk with much more property... I go people... to study
Offline kitten  
#392 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 10:40:45 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

sami wrote:

Oh , and thanks for bringing the quote. I like mythology . I don’t think I believe in soulmates anymore.. it’s a fairy tale !!

kitten wrote:

Hi Kitten, nice to hear from you. I love it too !

What is your favorite part of the movie if there is one?

Thanks love this fourm,  my favorite part was when Thordore and Samatha were having sex also when he was in the chat room and the girl on the phone was going crazy, lol love it 

Admin wrote:

Ultimately it's about loneliness i guess... on a planet of 7billion people, we all are pretty lonely it would seem... soul wise anyway.

Admin, that’s beautiful. You see? You do have feelings !   

I haven’t had a very long relationship yet, so I’m not an expert either,  but I  think lifecan be scary and that living it with a partner must make the hard parts much easier to get through.   Having someone to lean on is a luxury . I think human beings, in general, we take too many things for granted . If we stopped to think about it, we would realise how lucky we are and we would be much happier !

---

Thank you all for replying to my message !

Offline sami  
#393 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:10:34 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
I agree with you, and I'll add... None is able to know the nature of the human feeling in love, because this is something very close... I really wish to watch the movie soon to talk with much more property... I go people... to study
Also, it's funny because Theodore says he is in love with Samantha but she doesn't exist ! So can he be in love with her? I think he confuses the fact that "she" or "it"  fulfills his needs with being in love with "her." I send you my best wishes for your exam ! When is it?

kitten wrote:
Thanks love this fourm,  my favorite part was when Thordore and Samatha were having sex also when he was in the chat room and the girl on the phone was going crazy, lol love it

The part where Samantha and Theodore have sex is so good.When they have a build up and an orgasm together and then we see images of the sky afterwards.. it feels so natural in a way. It doesn't seem creepy at all, if you think about it, he's having sex with a computer !! It was all based on sound not image, which was pretty amazing. It's something you don't see often in film  The chat room scene is hilarious 
Offline kitten  
#394 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:30:48 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

sami wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:
Also, it's funny because Theodore says he is in love with Samantha but she doesn't exist ! So can he be in love with her? I think he confuses the fact that "she" or "it"  fulfills his needs with being in love with "her." I send you my best wishes for your exam ! When is it?

kitten wrote:

The part where Samantha and Theodore have sex is so good.When they have a build up and an orgasm together and then we see images of the sky afterwards.. it feels so natural in a way. It doesn't seem creepy at all, if you think about it, he's having sex with a computer !! It was all based on sound not image, which was pretty amazing. It's something you don't see often in film  The chat room scene is hilarious 

oh my,  I love the part with the alien kid,  when he is playing the video game,   I think Spike want to make a video game based on alien kid,  love it

Offline admin  
#395 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:17:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her: the movie every internet addict should be forced to watch

Tuesday 28 January 2014 16.32 GMT

We all use technology to escape from our lives. But sometimes you need to see a film about a man having sex with his phone for it to really hit home
Offline joy  
#396 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:16:37 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:

You're not a burden to me, Sami. 

I do believe in soulmates as it happens, but not the fairytale kind (and not necessarily as Plato would have the soulmates' genesis either). 

Offline joy  
#397 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:25:35 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:

Her: the movie every internet addict should be forced to watch

Tuesday 28 January 2014 16.32 GMT

We all use technology to escape from our lives. But sometimes you need to see a film about a man having sex with his phone for it to really hit home

That's a good article. Admin. I like how she imagines how different people will view the film.  

Offline kitten  
#398 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:34:13 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
You know what? There are so many spoofs on this film that I'm worried I'll be 'full up' by the time I get to see the real thing. 

Oh, Admin....here, this is for your exasperation. 

Love that chill pill

Offline joy  
#399 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:35:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
Love that chill pill

Haha, yes, Kitten. It's got no animal products in it too. 

Anyway, it's good to see you. How are you my dear? Is it warm enough for the beach in your neck of the woods? 
Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#400 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:53:28 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
sami wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:

On the 8th of March!!!!

Edited by moderator Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:42:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote tags.