JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1718192021>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#361 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:38:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Joaquin's interview is now available to listen here... just press play! 

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:20:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#362 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:59:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
That was good. Enjoyed listening to it. 

Now I have to get on with stuff away from the computer. *waves*
Offline sami  
#363 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:57:20 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Whoo ! I'm sneaking in , I can't wait to hear it tonight !!
Offline sami  
#364 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:23:53 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I just listened to it , I'm glad Joaquin's publicist arranged it, it was fun and interesting to listen to ! <3

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:23:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#365 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:15:24 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

From Indie Wire :

"This time of year must bring a shudder of impending stress down Joaquin Phoenix’s spine, as the actor shifts from turning in great performances to being asked about them nonstop for awards consideration. His work in Spike Jonze’s “Her” sadly failed to score an Oscar nomination in a crowded year (the film itself received five nods overall including Best Picture), but that hasn’t stopped Phoenix from giving an rare, but welcome, extended interview covering his last few films, his acting process, and much more.

Talking with Terry Gross on NPR’s Fresh Air, Phoenix gradually eases into the 45-minute interview. “This is so fucking stupid. Why am I talking about this?” he says early on when discussing Paul Thomas Anderson’s “The Master.” The story he was telling is great—for the role of Freddie Quell and his one-sided sneer, he had dentists put wire brackets in his mouth for him to then rubber-band shut—and luckily Gross convinces him of its worth, and Phoenix continues to tell many more.

These include describing his time on “Her” with both Samantha Morton and her later replacement Scarlett Johansson, as the futuristic operating system with whom his character falls in love, and his approach when playing a scene (“I’ve never really considered too much of other people's processes”). He also recounts life as a child actor: “There's really nothing like being on a movie or TV set, It's just an incredible energy, it's so exciting. So obviously, as a kid, you're like, ‘I could go to school, or I could be hanging out with these people.’ “
It’s an exciting chance to hear the actor speak rather enthusiastically about the various roles that he’s tackled (no talk of “The Immigrant”, unfortunately), and you can listen to the full interview below."
http://blogs.indiewire.c...the-master-more-20140122 " temp_href=" http://blogs.indiewire.c...the-master-more-20140122 "> http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/listen-45-minute-interview-with-joaquin-phoenix-on-her-the-master-more-20140122 
 ----
 I agree with the article. This is a very rare interview, Joaquin usually doesn't open up as much during interviews and he was much less defensive than usual. 

The part where he explains his childhood being an actor is so beautiful. The excitement he felt in his body and wanting to be in that state. I understand a bit because I had always leading roles in my school theater plays and I remember being on stage and feeling like everbody was looking at me, and actually liking it

The part where he prepared for Freddy Quell... it's really interesting the kinds of things that he's willing to do to help him, of course that must have been really uncomfortable !! 

About I'm Still Here, he clarifies that the lines where Casey's, not his, which makes a big difference because I think most of us thoght he was making it all up as he went along!  

All in all, a treat for the fans.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:18:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#366 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:32:08 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Offline joy  
#367 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:52:57 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Very clever.
Offline admin  
#368 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 1:17:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Spike Jonze interview on David Letterman 23 January, 2014

Offline admin  
#369 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 3:02:49 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Offline admin  
#370 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 8:20:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her Parody: Him (ft. "Seth Rogen")

Offline admin  
#371 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 8:38:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Offline admin  
#372 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 2:40:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Falling to pieces: Joaquin Phoenix on messing with David Letterman's mind and getting the hots for Scarlett Johansson in Her

"He seems like a pretty nice guy to know," is the verdict on Theodore from Joaquin Phoenix. This Joaquin Phoenix, the one sitting opposite me in a Soho hotel room, is different again. He wears his shoulder-length hair with a clean-shaven face, and his smart trousers with Converse classics – both textbook sartorial tells of a usually scruffy young man smartened up for photo day.

Offline sami  
#373 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:06:38 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Thank you for all the information Admin. It's very interesting ! I've got tons to catch up 

The movie will soon premiere in Europe, and then we have all the oscar build up to look forward to !

.. or maybe not?

What do you think ?

Offline admin  
#374 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:51:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
Thank you for all the information Admin. It's very interesting ! I've got tons to catch up 

The movie will soon premiere in Europe, and then we have all the oscar build up to look forward to !

.. or maybe not?

What do you think ?

We certainly do Sami... it should be good! I'm sure the European audience will love Her 

Joaquin's in a U.K. paper tomorrow! Got £2.20 spare Joy? 

Offline sami  
#375 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 2:41:49 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Great ! You know, I have family in the UK so I'm part of the club too !
I don't know if I'll follow the Oscar race but I'll def check out the interviews. I love Spike, his enthusiasm is so contagious !I'm just catching up w the Letterman one . I'm w Dave that it must have been hard to imagine a relationship movie when one half is not there. All the weight fell on Joaquin's face expressions and Scarlett's voice. I agree that She was
Great too. Imagine if the voice over becomes monotonous, the movie fails. There were a lot of risks taken !
Jeez, I would like to talk about the relationship side of the movie but it's not easy. I think it's obvious that the movie hints that sometimes ppl look for partners to fill a void, and how do they tell the story to themselves is what makes a difference.

Personally, I'm thinking what is real love ? is it having a lot of feelings all at once or is it loving someone for who they are ?

Edited by user Saturday, January 25, 2014 3:03:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#376 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:05:00 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:

Joaquin's in a U.K. paper tomorrow! Got £2.20 spare Joy? 

The shop is a 10 minute walk away and it's chucking it down with rain, but luckily, it's online! See above a few posts.  
Offline admin  
#377 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:05:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

You'll have to get your purse open for this one Joy, but at least you can stay indoors! 

‘The nicest actor I ever met’

Joaquin Phoenix is renowned for being difficult, but that didn’t stop Spike Jonze wanting him for the lead in his Oscar-nominated Her

Her men: Spike Jonze, left, and Joaquin Phoenix

Offline joy  
#378 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:32:43 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
You'll have to get your purse open for this one Joy, but at least you can stay indoors! 

Haha, yes Admin, but do I really want to subscribe to the online version of The Times (even if it is only a quid to do so for a trial period)? Er, no. 

Offline admin  
#379 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:51:38 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Jonah Hill Falls In Love With Himself In 'Her' Spoof On 'SNL'

Jonah Hill plays the Joaquin Phoenix character in an amazing spoof of Spike Jonze's "Her."

But in the parody called “Me,” the operating system voice is that of Hills and he immediately falls in love with himself.

And then Michael Cera makes an amazing cameo as Hill's doppelganger.

Offline joy  
#380 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:36:54 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

"We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States. For more information on Hulu's international availability, click here."

So I clicked 'here' and it said..

Int-warning Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States

Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.

If you'd like, please leave us your email address and the country in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your area.

ffs!  I bet you knew that already, Admin!