JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1617181920>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#341 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:53:44 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:

The Golden Globes | NBC, Sunday, 8 ET/5 PT

... which is around Midnight Sunday in the UK Joy.

I have an early start Monday morning so I probably won't be around much longer than that. Maybe the forum's followers on Twitter will be around though. 

admin wrote:
See how long you can stare at this before feeling Barfing

No problem: I don't get motion-sickness. 

Offline joy  
#342 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:54:54 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:

Okay, so Joaquin won't be wearing that style on the red carpet then. Lol. 

Offline admin  
#343 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 6:31:06 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Saw Her tonight, it's a nice little film and deserves the praise it's getting! 

The film also deserves to receive awards at the Golden Globes (It's nominated for Best Picture - Comedy or Musical, Best Original Screenplay and Best Comedy or Musical Actor)  ... but as we all know, it doesn't always work out as it should! Justice is rarely served!  We'll see tomorrow night! Prepare for some roller-coaster emotions! 

Joaquin has a great talent for stumbling over realistically!

Edited by user Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:28:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#344 Posted : Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:13:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

'Her': Why Does Joaquin Call Amy 'Angry Adams'?

Offline joy  
#345 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 9:36:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Here's an interview with SJ from The Huffington Post...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/11/scarlett-johansson-golden-globe-disqualification_n_4581861.html

There has been a lot of buzz surrounding your performance in "Her." What do you think about being deemed ineligible for a Golden Globenomination?

I didn't expect to be recognized for the Golden Globes because I think they always have said that it was not a type of performance that they would recognize. Of course, I never expect to be nominated for anything [laughs]. I worked in the post-production part of it -- I mean, I worked on it for months, but it was in a totally different way. Working with Joaquin and working with Spike in this really intimate way -- kind of isolated, the three of us -- really allowed me to focus on how to develop this character and what needed to be in the relationship that wasn't there, and how could this character become kind of independent of Theodore [Phoenix's character] and independent of her own programming. I needed to create something that was tangible out of an idea that feels really abstract.

And that kind of work that I did with Spike felt like we were making our own separate film that any recognition or all that stuff, for me, is really, totally unexpected and surprising. I'm excited for Spike because its a project that, when he came to me, he had been working on for a long time. He had come to a point where he really needed a partner in this relationship, and so, for me, just to see the film be recognized and people responding to the relationship and to see that it's working, I'm like, "Yes! We did it."

Samantha Morton originally voiced the part of Samantha during the production of "Her" Did you reach out to her before taking on the role in post-production?

Firstly, I absolutely adore Samantha Morton's work, I don't know her personally, but she's a wonderful actor. And it was not about that the quality of her performance was off. What I really talked to Spike about was how he wanted the character to evolve in the script as he had written it. I didn't really talk about how it would be a different performance from hers because we're different actors and certainly we have different qualities. But, I know that he spoke to her about it and they worked extensively on it and, certainly, whatever performance Joaquin gives is as much a reaction to Samantha's performance and the work that I did after in post. I guess it's a collaborative performance in that way.

Was it daunting to do a voiceover rather than work with Joaquin face-to-face during scenes?

Joaquin was there when I recorded, so I did get to work opposite him. It was wonderful, he was so dedicated. He basically did the movie twice. You know, working with Spike, we actually did the movie like 400 times because I feel like we recorded the film in its entirety that many times [laughs]. It's funny because when my agent presented me with the project, before Spike and I had even spoken, I was doing "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" in New York and I was about to go on to "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and I was doing a bunch of other stuff and he was like, "Oh, you know, it's like a few days, it's like a vocal thing." And I was like, "Okay, let me try it out." And I looked at the script, and I was like, "It seems extensive."

So I met with Spike and he's like, "Oh, it's just a re-recorded thing." And at our first meeting, before we even agreed to work together, it was almost like testing out cars. Like, how does this fit with me? Can I be responsive? And Spike and I spent ninehours in his apartment and at the end of it he fed me, like, stale hummus or something, I was like, "I'm starving! You're not paying me for this session, I'm hungry. I'm broke now. You took up all my time. I have a play to do tomorrow ... twice." But he and I both kind of looked at each other and were like are we really going to do this together because I was like, "This is a lot of work Spike." And he was like, "I know." I was like, "You knew this, and you didn't tell me!"

It is difficult because you are so focused on the nuance, on the intonation, it's like you're hyper-aware, but it's liberating. And I loved working on it and I was excited to take on the challenge, even though I didn't have any time [laughs]. But I was like, "Wow, this is going to be really hard and I've never done anything like this before, so let's do it." And just the fact that I didn't know how I was going to do it or if it was going to work was exciting. Of course, if that relationship doesn't work in this movie, then it's like, what is there? So that's the most exciting part about people responding to it, because it's like, yeah, it came across in the work that we did, so that's cool.

What was more difficult, filming the nude scenes in "Under the Skin" or the sex scene in "Her"?

Both were difficult because you're naked in many ways, even when you're not literally naked. "Her" was intense -- I know Joaquin had a hard time with it too. It's like very intense, you know, because you can't kind of hide behind the beautiful lights. It's so stark, you know, who wants to hear themselves talk? I was like, "Please, at the end of this take, do not play any of that back." I don't even like to hear myself on a voicemail, you know? So it was very intimate, but it was cool, it works. You have to let go of your inhibition and just do it.

And the same goes in "Under the Skin." You start to go, "Oh, I'm really self-conscious about these things. Why? What is it about my body or what am I worried that people are going to see or what am I seeing? What do I think about myself this way?" And then you go, "Okay, I have to, like, liberate." Especially in that film because the character has no judgement of her own body, she's not in her own skin. She's not a self, she's becoming a self, but it's this huge transition that she's making toward self-discovery and why this is what my body is like. She's not going, "Oh, I'm looking fine in this light or I'm looking lumpy," you know what I mean? She's not thinking any of that, so I was like, "Okay, I have to get rid of that." And that's the challenge in both cases, is that, these characters are very different, but, in some ways the similarities are that they're completely liberated of their own like self-awareness. Of course, Samantha has doubts but those doubts fade as her confidence builds and she never goes back to that place.

There's more in the interview including SJ's thoughts on being Global Brand Ambassador for SodaStream International Ltd. 

scarlett johansson

Offline joy  
#346 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 9:54:29 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Saw Her tonight, it's a nice little film and deserves the praise it's getting!  

Woah! Don't go over-board there with the superlatives, Admin! 

admin wrote:
The film also deserves to receive awards at the Golden Globes (It's nominated for Best Picture - Comedy or Musical, Best Original Screenplay and Best Comedy or Musical Actor)  ... but as we all know, it doesn't always work out as it should! Justice is rarely served!  We'll see tomorrow night! Prepare for some roller-coaster emotions! 

I haven't seen any of the films in this category yet so can't say whether 'Her' is the best film or not (imo).

admin wrote:
Joaquin has a great talent for stumbling over realistically!

That's why he's a great actor. Haha.

ps: Even after viewing the video I'm still not sure why JP calls AA 'Angry Adams'. 

Offline admin  
#347 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 9:57:47 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
ps: Even after viewing the video I'm still not sure why JP calls AA 'Angry Adams'.

I think it's because she doesn't get angry! 
Offline joy  
#348 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:07:55 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

I think it's because she doesn't get angry! 

Oh, right. 
Offline admin  
#349 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 11:01:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

You just knew this was going to happen!  Expect many more!

Him - Official Trailer Parody (Parody of "Her" by Spike Jonze)

Offline admin  
#350 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 7:32:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Another one! 

If you loved 'Her,' you're going to hate 'Him'

Where artificial intelligence meets genuine douchebaggery

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Offline sami  
#351 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:57:19 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I'm watching the space between the snowflakes... It's snowing !
Offline sami  
#352 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:30:22 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Filmmaker Lance Bangs teamed up with The Creators Project over on Vice to debut this exclusive and beautiful short film, in which Bangs interviews a wealth of talented artists inspired by Spike Jonze‘s film ‘Her.’ Actresses like Charlyne Yi and Olivia Wilde are featured, as well as musician James Murphy from LCD Soundsystem and comedian Marc Maron of the WTF Podcast and ‘Maron’ on IFC — all of them offering incredibly personal reactions to the film and perspectives on relationships and technology in the short, titled “Love in the Modern Age.”

Jonze’s ‘Her’ perfectly examines the intersection between relationships and technology, how we evolve, and what that evolution means in the context of relationships. In Bangs’ short “Love in the Modern Age,” he interviews artists, authors (Bret Easton Ellis), comedians, actors, filmmakers, musicians, and even psychologists to get their input on relationships and technology, and how the two overlap and coexist in the modern world.

Those interviewed also speak intimately about their own experiences with relationships and their very personal perspectives on how relationships function and often fall apart. Bangs uses footage from ‘Her’ to punctuate the conversations, highlighting just how relevant and poignant a film Jonze has truly made.

“Love in the Modern Age,” while brief, is almost as emotional as ‘Her’ itself, with these artists opening up in very honest and genuine ways about their experiences and what relationships mean and have meant to them — there are many different voices and points of view, and yet Jonze was able to distill so much humanity into one film, finding those tiny shades where we all overlap to create something incredibly relatable that resonates with so many people. And you can see the evidence here in these interviews, as these artists were all clearly touched by ‘Her.’

VIDEO : http://screencrush.com/her-artists-short-film/
Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#353 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:38:10 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
admin wrote:
Another one! 

If you loved 'Her,' you're going to hate 'Him'

Where artificial intelligence meets genuine douchebaggery

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
Offline justme  
#354 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 9:03:11 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

According to twitter, Joaquin's done an interview with something called @nprfreshair or something? I think they put videos of interviews on their website and reportedly Joaquin's one's going up tomorrow. They've described it as a "wild, wild ride."

Offline sami  
#355 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 2:21:36 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I Saw that too. NPR is National Public Radio . It must be a program. I'll be busy tomorrow, hopefully it will be recorded !
Offline sami  
#356 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 8:13:03 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Offline admin  
#357 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:55:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Phoenix To Self: 'Why Am I Talking About This? ... Joaquin, Shut Up.'

Offline admin  
#358 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:07:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
It doesn't say the time !

Joaquin interview just started!

Offline joy  
#359 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:10:30 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Listening to it right now! 
Offline joy  
#360 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:18:48 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Aww, they just played the interrogation scene from The Master (the same one they showed at the Oscars) and they bleeped the 'fuck' haha. Joaquin laughed at the end of it! Kind of an 'aw shucks, I'm embarrassed' laugh I thought.