JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1415161718>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#301 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:31:46 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Ok , but it's all in the past now, right ? I hope so!
Iwas reading this article about technology in the NYTimes. Apple and google have made so much money this year and how a small app can make hundreds of billions !
On the bubble question, Andreessen told the Journal, "In my opinion, there's nothing broad-based that's happening. There's no bubble, per se. Bubbles are a very specific phenomenon where you've got mass psychology and you've got every mom and pop investor and every cabdriver and every shoe-shine boy buying stock in whatever it is — going all the way back to the South Sea Bubble all the way through to the dot-com bubble. ...

http://www.bizjournals.c...ssen-sees-no-bubble.html

Welcome to the future !

Offline sami  
#302 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 9:15:03 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Oh and talking about google, this is the best thing the Internet has ever created : Grumpy Cat !! The funniest ! For you all , we are u hiding? Purr less. Hiss more! unHappy New Year! pic.twitter.com/3AcOCUWsq8

Edited by user Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:56:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#303 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:43:15 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Has anybody read the Slate article ?
http://www.slate.com/blo...ett_johansson_lacks.html

I read it and I also missed more detail in the female characters but it's not a very big deal. It didn't bother me as much. I think the movie focuses on the main character and what he goes through and it is very well done and very well acted. This character is a human being and this part could be played by a woman . Theodore is a sensitive guy, his manager even tells him he is very "female" as a compliment...
I think , in general , most film directors being male it's easier for them to write male characters and this is why we see less female leading roles. It's good to say it though bec perhaps someone will see an opportunity there , wink :)
I thank everybody involved for putting it out there and for taking a risk to offer something new, different and fresh. I went to see it w my mom and a friend and we all really liked it. I was sitting at Starbucks today and a I overheard a group of undergrads talking about Her, this movie, and they were saying how much they liked it, sth aboutTheodore's glasses they found interesting , lol . When I watched it the theater was packed and there were a lot of laughs .. Now I'm going to go because my life is more important than this movie or even Joaquin Phoenix or the Internet but I just wanted to put this out there. Lets be fair please .

Edited by user Saturday, January 4, 2014 3:51:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#304 Posted : Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:40:13 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
sami wrote:
Iwas reading this article about technology in the NYTimes. Apple and google have made so much money this year and how a small app can make hundreds of billions !
On the bubble question, Andreessen told the Journal, "In my opinion, there's nothing broad-based that's happening. There's no bubble, per se. Bubbles are a very specific phenomenon where you've got mass psychology and you've got every mom and pop investor and every cabdriver and every shoe-shine boy buying stock in whatever it is — going all the way back to the South Sea Bubble all the way through to the dot-com bubble. ...

Welcome to the future !

yes... past!

Interesting article about women's role... but this movie has been writen by a man so we just only can explore a man perception's about women! 
I don't know anything about tecnologies, so I read about this issue and look at my face:
Offline sami  
#305 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:51:02 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

FYI:

About SlateMagazine: (wiki)

Since June 2008, David Plotz has served as the editor of Slate.[2][5] He had been the deputy editor to Jacob Weisberg, Slate's editor
from 2002 until his designation as the Chairman and Editor-in-Chief of The Slate Group.
[2] The Washington Post Company's John Alderman is Slate's publisher.[6] Slate (ISSN 1091-2339),
which is updated daily, covers politics, arts and culture, sports, and news. The magazine is known (and sometimes criticized) for adopting 
contrarian positions.[7][8][9] It is ad-supported and has been available to read free of charge since 1999. 

And about the author:

http://wordplay.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/25/phenomenon/?_r=0  

Excerpt:                                                                                                                                     

"Considering
my school and my minor, I suppose I should say something about the
phallocentrism of language and the Symbolic Order. Either way, it’s a shame and a trend that I am proud to challenge.

--

'nuf said !

Offline sami  
#306 Posted : Sunday, January 5, 2014 12:55:21 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
sami wrote:

Welcome to the future !

yes... past!

Interesting article about women's role... but this movie has been writen by a man so we just only can explore a man perception's about women! 
I don't know anything about tecnologies, so I read about this issue and look at my face:

I'm just terrified of how crazy the future will be once the little kids grow up. They run the gadgets with eyes closed now.
Offline admin  
#307 Posted : Monday, January 6, 2014 10:33:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)

Academy Conversations: Her

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#308 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:40:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Ah, always suspected Admin was really David Icke. Do your followers know about your thing for Joaquin? Haha. 

Would love to see Joaquin and David have a sit down and a chat together about this and that... two great characters coming together for a chin wag... i'd pay good money to see that! 
Offline joy  
#309 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:49:17 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:
joy wrote:
Ah, always suspected Admin was really David Icke. Do your followers know about your thing for Joaquin? Haha. 

Would love to see Joaquin and David have a sit down and a chat together about this and that... two great characters coming together for a chin wag... i'd pay good money to see that! 

I think Joaquin would be a quivering wreck after talking with David Icke. Lol. 

Offline sami  
#310 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 3:13:23 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I've been getting into Eckhart Tolle lately, perhaps Joaquin might be influenced by him as well. He's quite well known in the states ! David Icke, is he serious or not ? I've moticed Internet "noise" about him!
Offline joy  
#311 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 2:20:53 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
David Icke, is he serious or not ? I've moticed Internet "noise" about him!

As far as David Icke is concerned, he thinks he's absolutely serious. 

He supports some interesting theories - or facts, as he would have it. Some of the stuff about Hollywood and its agenda is fascinating. 
Offline admin  
#312 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:28:59 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

David Letterman - Scarlett Johansson on Joaquin Phoenix

PREVIEW: Tonight, Scarlett Johansson and Dave talk about the quirky Joaquin Phoenix, Her and futuristic pants. 
Offline joy  
#313 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:35:35 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Haha, are they talking about trousers or underwear? Maybe make more sense when I see the film. 

Offline admin  
#314 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:50:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Haha, are they talking about trousers or underwear? Maybe make more sense when I see the film. 

Trousers Joy!

Available to buy now!

Now you can buy those high-waisted pants Joaquin Phoenix wears in Her

Offline admin  
#315 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:56:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

It's the Joaquin film i've been looking forward to the most! 

Edited by user Thursday, January 9, 2014 5:14:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#316 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 5:09:26 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This is so curious! The way consumption works! People use to be involved in its claws!
In other hand, I was reading an article about Golden Globes and the possibilties of HER... in a Spanish Magazine about Movies... and the "expert" in this subject said HER hadn't caused too much surprised as expected...
Well, but prizes aren't really important to me... I watched Being John Malkovich... I didn't know his director was Spike Jonze... I liked it!

Offline joy  
#317 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:16:20 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
This is so curious! The way consumption works! People use to be involved in its claws!
In other hand, I was reading an article about Golden Globes and the possibilties of HER... in a Spanish Magazine about Movies... and the "expert" in this subject said HER hadn't caused too much surprised as expected...
Well, but prizes aren't really important to me... I watched Being John Malkovich... I didn't know his director was Spike Jonze... I liked it!

It's an old trick I think, to tie your product/label into another product/label. Those high-waisted trousers though have been around in various guises for a long time. Maybe Joaquin will wear something from that collection to the GGs or Oscars. Actually, I don't think he will, but stranger things have happened and the GGs and Oscars are fashion events too. 

'Her' has won so many awards! Joaquin must be really proud. I know they're not the GGs or Oscars (the gold-standard of awards and the only ones that really matter in the industry), but nonetheless, they're still awards recognising the film's merits. 
Offline justme  
#318 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 3:20:42 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Cool interview with Scarlett! Btw, does anyone know what she says about Joaquin at about the 45 second mark? She says something like "he's much more of a gra-" and I don't know what the word is. I thought she said "grandma" for some reason! Anyone know?

Offline kitten  
#319 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 3:40:36 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
justme wrote:

Cool interview with Scarlett! Btw, does anyone know what she says about Joaquin at about the 45 second mark? She says something like "he's much more of a gra-" and I don't know what the word is. I thought she said "grandma" for some reason! Anyone know?

I think she says he a grandma, lol.    pen drawing on his hand????? 

Offline kitten  
#320 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2014 3:41:36 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
kitten wrote:
justme wrote:

I think she says he a grandma, lol.    pen drawing on his hand?????  and on his face,  wonder where else, lol

Edited by moderator Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:45:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote tags.