JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#261 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:34:47 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I don't want to read many interviews before the movie because I just want to watch the movie but this last one was beautiful Admin. Thanks for sharing. I like his approach to acting. It is very similar as a musician, "getting lost" playing an instrument. I can't wait watching Her.
The cinematography is going to be very nice too. Between The Master and Her we've been treated to great cinematography this year. This is something I never heard about before and now suddenly I'm watching movies with great "cinematography." It makes a big difference. I hope it becomes a trend . I look forward to Spike's vision of the future in terms of design. 

Edited by user Thursday, December 19, 2013 12:42:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#262 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 4:04:06 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello!

I'm new here. I should be studying but i can't concentrate so i make a break and come here with all you. 
First of all, I have to say that I'm not so much as a Joaquin Phoenix's fan, eventhough I think he is a great actor and an atractive man of course! 
But I'm interested in both latest movies that he has made; Her and The Immigrant...

I hope you be patient reading me, because my English is very bad... and you are lucky to read me and not to have to listen me... you would die!!! In fact, if i'm stressed is because i'm studying English in order to pass an exam in March.

Coming back to the subject... I know there is another topic for The Immigrant, but I will add the information here. I'm waiting to know when both movies are going to be realised in Spain. The Immigrant has been shown in the last European Cinema Festival which celebrates here in my city (Seville), but it was imposible to get tickets. They made two passes and the place was easily complete.
If some of you are may wondering whether Joaquin Phoenix came to my city cause by the Festival... I guess he didn't, because television never said nothing about it, and I suppose that he is the kind of visitor that press anounce... in fact i doubt that even the director had been here... But it looks like the movie was very plaused by people.

And my interest in Her is because i think the subject is very interesting, in fact, i have known some people involved in similar relationships... not with a computer, but with a person who only is possible to contact by internet... and i had been always very surprised by the way a person is able to idealize the love when it becomes something imposible...
I'm sure that we are going to enjoy this movie, despite I really don't know when it is going to be realised here in Spain...
My experience says that lots of movies that we see anounce never come to Spain, or if they do we have to wait years...

Well, I leave you by today... I will stay with you because writing in English will be good for me... I found the forum looking for information about both movies, and the actor of course. Bye..
Offline sami  
#263 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 5:39:49 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hey Welcome to here Fedupandstressed ! Is there a shorter nickname ? Haha ! Nice to hear from u ! I look forward to read your posts . I agree , the topic of Her is very interesting . Many ppl will identify w it. we are all hooked to our cell phones and we don't even realise what's around !
I write a quick note because I want to go to the store . I'll see you around. I hope other members will chime in :-)
Just about the online relationships , we will have to learn to adjust to it or maybe not , maybe it will fade away ..
Offline joy  
#264 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 7:37:13 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hello Fedupandstressed. I hope you get to see Her soon. I can't imagine that it will be released in Europe that much longer after Britain, and we get it in mid January, so fingers crossed for you! 

Offline admin  
#265 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 9:09:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Hi Fedupandstressed, nice to see you... i could tell you were a Joaquin fan just from your name! 

Now the movie Her has had limited release in the U.S. the reviews are starting to come in thick and fast.

Rotten Tomatoes currently has 68 reviews (63 considered "fresh", 5 considered "rotten") giving a tomatoes meter of an amazing 93%

and imdb has given her an average score of 8.2 out of 10. Which is high for imdb!

Looking good all around so far!  You won't believe this, but Her is the film i'm looking forward to the most!

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#266 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 10:09:29 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Those are great reviews. Everybody that's seen it says that it is the best film of the year ! They're promoting it on TV as well. My mom told me "They were talking about this guy, Felix" I just laughed so loud ! I said, "you mean Phoenix, mom" lol
It's playing on the 25th in my city .. I'm not complaining. It will come to your countries soon,  you'll see. Time flies anyway !

Edited by user Friday, December 20, 2013 10:20:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#267 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 10:54:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her TV SPOT - Everywhere January 10th (2013) - Joaquin Phoenix Movie HD

Offline admin  
#268 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 11:01:48 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her: Exclusive Featurette with Joaquin Phoenix & Amy Adams

#269 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:59:01 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Yes, I think i chosed a nick too much short! But it is the way I feel. 
Thank you for the welcome to all you. By the moment in Spain there is no news about the movie... in fact, the last days a tv programme was informing about Golden Globes and they didn't say anything about Her, and as I see here in the site, the movie is one of the favourites ... isn't it? 

But if it is going to be nominee in OSCAR or Golden Globes I think we will watch it in Spain for sure... well honeys! go on studying!

Offline admin  
#270 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:25:52 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her Movie Review 2013 : Beyond The Trailer

Offline admin  
#271 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:37:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin Phoenix takes another interesting turn in ‘Her’

NEW YORK — The Joaquin Phoenix who’s being interviewed today for his new movie, “Her,” is different — very different — from the Joaquin Phoenix seen in the movie.

Offline sami  
#272 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:57:01 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I was going to recommend the Boston Globe interview but I see that you already did. It's a nice read. Very enjoyable 

Edited by user Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:07:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#273 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:53:01 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed said:
"The Immigrant has been shown in the last European Cinema Festival which celebrates here in my city (Seville), but it was imposible to get tickets. They made two passes and the place was easily complete.
If some of you are may wondering whether Joaquin Phoenix came to my city cause by the Festival... I guess he didn't, because television never said nothing about it, and I suppose that he is the kind of visitor that press anounce... in fact i doubt that even the director had been here... But it looks like the movie was very plaused by people."

It's Good to know , thanks F&S . I love James Gray's films. Have you seen any other ?
Oh , don't expect them to show up! Not everybody is Vigo Mortenssen ... U know how many languages that man speaks ? So hot !

Edited by user Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:59:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#274 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:13:25 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

But to give them credit, they must get invited to a lot of places I imagine they have to be very selective , at this level . Perhaps James will eventually touch base in France though. He's very respected over there . James and Joaquin were recently in Rome, did you know ?
Offline joy  
#275 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 3:42:27 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Merry Christmas!

However you spend it, enjoy!

We Three Kings of Orion are...

Offline sami  
#276 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 12:34:49 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Thank you Joy.This is picture is so beautiful and magic . You took it yourself, didn't you? It's really good ! I remember last year's picture, an old  tree in the middle of the snow. It was very nice too. You have a talent for this ! At least I really like it !
I can't wait to Christmas day for two reasons:
1- Food
2- Going to the cinema 
I'm such a pragmatist  My family is spread all over so I already skyped , sent packages, and postcards , emails, making sure everybody knows how much I love them ! Here in my camp just 2 or 3 so it will be a small but sweet Christmas. I'm bringing them to watch Her the movie with me. They are already aware of the fact that after lunch we head to the movies !! YAY , Joaquin film for Christmas this year ! I can't wait  I wish you could come too !
#277 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 4:17:33 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

sami wrote:
Fedupandstressed said:
"The Immigrant has been shown in the last European Cinema Festival which celebrates here in my city (Seville), but it was imposible to get tickets. They made two passes and the place was easily complete.
If some of you are may wondering whether Joaquin Phoenix came to my city cause by the Festival... I guess he didn't, because television never said nothing about it, and I suppose that he is the kind of visitor that press anounce... in fact i doubt that even the director had been here... But it looks like the movie was very plaused by people."

It's Good to know , thanks F&S . I love James Gray's films. Have you seen any other ?
Oh , don't expect them to show up! Not everybody is Vigo Mortenssen ... U know how many languages that man speaks ? So hot !

Hi, hello!

I was having a look to see if I have seen any other James Gray's film... No I haven't! He is an american director, isn't it? But he was at the European Festival because it looks like the movie The Immigrant has french money too... I will search the other ones (I have seen the names in Wikipedia), and I will watch them!
Vigo Mortensen has argentine ancestors I think... I really envy  bilingual people!!! But the reason because I'm trying to learn English is because I'm trying to acces to the employment bureao of bilingual teachers in my comunity in order to have more posibilities to work...
I saw in internet about the Rome Festival... but I didn't know about The Immigrant... I had seen something about Her... 
#278 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 4:18:59 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Ah Merry Christmas!
#279 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 5:11:51 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Her is going to realise in Spain on 28th of February ...

Offline admin  
#280 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 9:36:15 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Merry Christmas ladies! Merry Christmas one and all!