JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline justme  
#241 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:20:36 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Joaquin's doodled on his arms before. He probably just got bored. Don't know why it's such a detailed drawing, though!

I don't think Allie was actually at the premiere with him.

Doodles can take a while to get off, actually, so maybe he was signing beforehand. Anyway, looking forward to Her.

Oh and Joy, I understand you not wanting to say anything critical about Joaquin. I don't really see you saying he's faking things as being critical of him though-I think there's a difference between criticising his actions and criticising him as a person. Anyway, I can stand to hear him criticised occasionally, but obviously if you'd prefer not to talk about it, that's fine.

And Sherlock will be back in the next few months. Wonder if he could solve the case of the mysterious doodles...

Offline admin  
#242 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:41:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
It's not the first time that's happened, is it? Maybe he (or Allie/someone else) got bored at the premiere and happened to have a biro handy. 

Interestingly, Joaquin's hand is doodle-free when he's signing autographs for the fans/autograph sellers. You can see it on the video a few posts back. 

So, were the doodles scrubbed off before he signed the autographs? Or were the doodles drawn afterwards? Over to you, Sherlock. 

Oh yes, well spotted Joy!... Joaquin didn't have the doodle on his hand when he was signing autographs for folks on arrival. If you look he actually takes one of the pens away from him, so probably used that. I think the interview with Joaquin was done after the screening of Her, so i guess he doodled on his hand during the showing of the film... the doodle is on his left hand and he is right handed, so he could have just done it himself. 

We are not nut-job fans for discussing this, repeat after me, we are not nut-job fans for discussing this. No restraining order is needed here, this is perfectly sane behavior. 
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#243 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 6:43:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Adams, Phoenix approach awards season differently

And then, there's Joaquin Phoenix, Adams' Her costar, on-screen platonic best friend and the three-time Oscar nominee. He has more complicated feelings about the glad-handing that accompanies the nonstop red carpets of December and January.

"It's well-publicized that I struggle with the idea of awards for obvious reasons. It's something that's so subjective. It's weird, the idea of competition," says Phoenix, 39. "I'm a corny (expletive) but I feel like we're in this community doing this together. I never really grew up with competitive sports. I grew up in this big family and it was about everyone doing their part to help the family."

Still, Phoenix, who along with Adams earned Globe nominations, has made peace with the reality of what it means to be working in Hollywood today.

"There's a cheesy part of me that thinks it's (expletive) amazing for people to get together and acknowledge each other," he says. "And I'd have to say that even though most of my comments have been negative about the awards, it's undeniable that I'm a great example of somebody that it's only helped my career. I can't think of how it's affected me in a negative way."

Phoenix, known for his intensity, is even able to joke about the process of selling yourself to sell your movies. "I like everyone I worked with so it's nice to see everyone again -- because they don't call me back when I'm not working," cracks the actor.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/12/15/joaquin-phoenix-amy-adams-in-her-spike-jonze/4004491/
Offline admin  
#244 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:21:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

'Her' stars: Romancing a tech world

Amy Adams, Joaquin Phoenix tackle a unique love story in Spike Jonze's latest film.

"Indeed, in person, the two actors are contrasts: she's crisp and sparkly, unfailingly polite and eloquent. He's more introverted but also sweet, carrying this reporter'sheavy bag without asking and cracking unexpected jokes at his own expense. Phoenix is known to be press-averse, but he's actually not. His girlfriend, DJ girlfriend Allie Teilz, has accompanied him while he does press, and he hugs her in between interviews."

Full interview here:

Offline joy  
#245 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:08:59 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
justme wrote:
I don't think Allie was actually at the premiere with him.

Then it must have been Joaquin or someone else who drew the doodle.

justme wrote:
And Sherlock will be back in the next few months. Wonder if he could solve the case of the mysterious doodles... 

Oh yes, I think Sherlock could crack the case in minutes. Seconds even.  The first of the new Sherlock episodes (3 of them) starts on New Year's day. 

admin wrote:
Oh yes, well spotted Joy!... Joaquin didn't have the doodle on his hand when he was signing autographs for folks on arrival. If you look he actually takes one of the pens away from him, so probably used that. I think the interview with Joaquin was done after the screening of Her, so i guess he doodled on his hand during the showing of the film... the doodle is on his left hand and he is right handed, so he could have just done it himself.  

Admin, you sleuth, you. I think you've cracked it.  

admin wrote:
We are not nut-job fans for discussing this, repeat after me, we are not nut-job fans for discussing this. No restraining order is needed here, this is perfectly sane behavior.  

Yes it is! Joaquin can't turn up at a premiere with doodles drawn on his hand and expect us to just ignore it!  

The doodle went by in a flash so I couldn't see it that well, but it looked a bit like a skeleton hand to me. 

Or Morse code: _ _ _  . . .  _ . _ .  . _  ._.     . .  . . .     _ . . .  . . _  . _ . .  . _ . .  . . .  . . . .  _ !   

Offline justme  
#246 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 8:57:22 AM(UTC)
justme

Nothing unusual in this, nothing unusual, perfectly healthy social life, perfectly normal behaviour *turns to cat* "Isn't that RIGHT, Mr. Bovacles?"

Yeah, Sherlock would have it down in seconds. "Now, Mr. Phoenix, shut up and smoke!" Someone once said Joaquin would make a good Sherlock Holmes but I'm spoilt. I've never seen Elementary-I'm sure it's a good show-but for me, the BBC version is the best. I'll always see Sherlock Holmes as Benedict Cumberbatch. (I've never seen the Robert Downey Junior films.) And yeah, only a couple of weeks!

Our theories for Joaquin's hand doodle are so good, I think they'd impress Sherlock himself.

Offline admin  
#247 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:04:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her - TV Spot 1 [HD]

Offline joy  
#248 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:24:37 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

justme wrote:

Nothing unusual in this, nothing unusual, perfectly healthy social life, perfectly normal behaviour *turns to cat* "Isn't that RIGHT, Mr. Bovacles?"

Your cat is called Mr Bovacles? 

justme wrote:
Our theories for Joaquin's hand doodle are so good, I think they'd impress Sherlock himself.

I bet Admin really is Sherlock. 

Btw. My Morse code is real. Can you decipher it?*

_ _ _  . . .  _ . _ .  . _  ._.     . .  . . .     _ . . .  . . _  . _ . .  . _ . .  . . .  . . . .  _ ! 

*Good party game for Christmas. 

Offline admin  
#249 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:41:21 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Btw. My Morse code is real. Can you decipher it?*

_ _ _  . . .  _ . _ .  . _  ._.     . .  . . .     _ . . .  . . _  . _ . .  . _ . .  . . .  . . . .  _ ! 

Good one Joy, very naughty of you...

It's either Oscar is beautiful! or Oscar is bullsh*t!

I can't quite work out which 

Offline admin  
#250 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 6:12:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Phoenix Shares 'Her' at L.A. Premiere

Offline joy  
#251 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 7:54:01 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Good one Joy, very naughty of you...

It's either Oscar is beautiful! or Oscar is bullsh*t!

I can't quite work out which 

Haha. You got it, Admin! 

I was listening to The Film Programme on the radio last week and Harvey Weinstien was a guest. I thought "oh no" and was prepared to spit and cuss (figuratively speaking, you understand, because I'm far too lady-like to spit, haha) but what the hell! HW was brilliant. Cultured, passionate about film and spoke with genuine fondness and admiration about the films he grew up with and which inspired him to champion film-making. Happily surprised.

I still think the Oscars are a sham though! 

Offline admin  
#252 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 8:55:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Spike Jonze Opens His Heart For 'Her'

December 16, 2013

http://www.npr.org/2013/12/16/251625458/spike-jonze-opens-his-heart-for-her
Offline Indie  
#253 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 2:32:25 PM(UTC)
Indie

admin wrote:

Joaquin Phoenix and Spike Jonze connect to 'Her'

Looking back on the experience of making 'Her,' actor Joaquin Phoenix and director Spike Jonze fall into a recognizable pattern of open-throttle emotion (Phoenix) and watchful diviner (Jonze).

"Joaquin Phoenix refused to hug it out. On an overcast November afternoon, in a $13-million Hollywood home with a skyline view stretching from downtown L.A. to the Palos Verdes peninsula, the notoriously press-averse actor was throwing a fit of pique — aimed squarely at me.

He had tolerated more than an hour of my questions. I was interviewing him with Spike Jonze, writer-director of "Her," the idiosyncratic yet affecting sci-fi romance in which Phoenix stars. "Her" reaches theaters in limited release on Wednesday but has already been crowned best film of 2013 by the National Board of Review and tied for best film honors from the Los Angeles Film Critics Assn. Right from the start of our meeting, the dynamic of the duo's working relationship became clear. Jonze functions as a kind of Joaquin-whisperer/interlocutor for Phoenix; the actor serves as muse and B.S. detector for Jonze."

Full...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-joaquin-phoenix-spike-jonze-her-movie-20131215,0,7512579.story

Some interesting elements to this "interview", what do you guys think? 

I read this article and I thought the journalist was so low. He stabbed Joaquin on the back. That's not nice.
They say Joaquin is difficult but I think the ones who are a pain in the ass are journalists such as this one.. They never get it right .

I look forward to this movie btw :)

Edited by user Monday, December 16, 2013 2:53:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#254 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:54:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

'Spike Jonze’s latest film, “Her,” positions itself so self-consciously as a portrait of contemporary society that to watch the film is to witness a high-wire act in which the movie threatens to tumble into myopic presumption at every turn. A number of elements elevate the film, from a fully realized caricature world to a script that manages to implicate a facet of modern social living without passing judgment on it. Yet the key to “Her’s” success may ultimately rely on the film’s revealed truth about its star, that Joaquin Phoenix is not only the most captivating, least predictable and maybe just the best American actor working, period, but the one who best captures our current sense of cultural self.'

Full article:

http://www.film.com/movies/joaquin-phoenix-is-americas-best-actor-her
Offline justme  
#255 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:29:02 AM(UTC)
justme

New interview with Joaquin. Some pretty funny stuff

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-12-19/film/joaquin-phoenix-gives-one-of-his-best-performances-in-spike-jonze-s-her/

Joaquin seems in one of his goofy moods.

Offline justme  
#256 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:31:33 AM(UTC)
justme

And nah, Joy, don't really have a cat. Would be cool to have one, though.

Admin really is Sherlock. Obvious. :)

Offline sami  
#257 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:59:25 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hello friends, Joy, Admin, Justme , and all ..
How have you been ?
It's been a long time . I asked Admin to be back to talk about Joaquin upcoming movies with you guys . I love Joaquin as an actor ! He's so unique !
What do you think about Her ?To me it looks like an amazing film with great performances ! The release date in the States is tomorrow. I'm planning to go over the weekend . It's snowing here now so it makes it even cozier :)
I can't wait !
Hugs :)))
Offline joy  
#258 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:42:51 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Thanks for the article justme. It's a bit of a long read for this time of night and some things in it might have passed me by but yeah, Joaquin was in one of his goofy moods. Haha. I'll read it again tomorrow. 

justme wrote:

And nah, Joy, don't really have a cat. Would be cool to have one, though.

Admin really is Sherlock. Obvious. :)

Lol! Pretty amazing name for a cat. Weird amazing, but amazing nonetheless.   What about Kitten? 

Alright there, sami! Enjoy the film! It's not out here until mid January so I won't be chatting much about it until I've seen it, but will pop in to read what everyone has to say. 

Alright there, Indie. 

Offline sami  
#259 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:06:02 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Joy, the month of January is only two weeks away. Time flies !!
Offline admin  
#260 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:50:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin Phoenix On 'Her' & His Best Experience While Acting

joaquin phoenix her

NEW YORK (AP) — Reporters have been conditioned to brace for Joaquin Phoenix. He's reputed to be volatile, evasive and guarded — an all-around difficult person to interview.

But after Phoenix, with his shoulder-length hair pulled back, strides energetically into a hotel room and begins chain-smoking American Spirits (despite a cold and plans to quit), that reputation — stoked considerably by his fake documentary "I'm Still Here" — quickly disintegrates.

Read here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/joaquin-phoenix-her_n_4472397.html