JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#221 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:02:39 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
But if I watch all the film clips from 'Her' there won't be any treats when I see it at the cinema. 

Joaquin on Jimmy Fallon was funny. Just like old times but also not like old times too. 

Congratulations Joaquin on your umpteenth GG nomination! See you there! 
Offline justme  
#222 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:19:03 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The Her clips are great, Admin! This character looks an interesting one!

And yeah, I thought Joaquin on Jimmy Fallon was pretty funny too. I love his Lucifer jacket!

Offline admin  
#223 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:06:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Hi guys,

Nice to see you! 

Just for clarification, I've seen the full Jimmy Fallon show and the two clips that I previously posted are basically Joaquin's entire part of the show... so, no need to watch the rest if you just want to see it for Joaquin. 

Her is the Joaquin movie i'm looking forward to the most! 

Hopefully we'll get to see some photos of Joaquin from tonight's Her red carpet event in Los Angeles! 

Edited by user Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:12:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#224 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:02:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Offline admin  
#225 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 1:29:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin Phoenix greets fans at Her Premiere at Directors Guild Of America LA

Offline admin  
#226 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 1:37:41 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her (Your Movie Friend Review)

Offline admin  
#227 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 2:25:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin Phoenix and Spike Jonze connect to 'Her'

Looking back on the experience of making 'Her,' actor Joaquin Phoenix and director Spike Jonze fall into a recognizable pattern of open-throttle emotion (Phoenix) and watchful diviner (Jonze).

"Joaquin Phoenix refused to hug it out. On an overcast November afternoon, in a $13-million Hollywood home with a skyline view stretching from downtown L.A. to the Palos Verdes peninsula, the notoriously press-averse actor was throwing a fit of pique — aimed squarely at me.

He had tolerated more than an hour of my questions. I was interviewing him with Spike Jonze, writer-director of "Her," the idiosyncratic yet affecting sci-fi romance in which Phoenix stars. "Her" reaches theaters in limited release on Wednesday but has already been crowned best film of 2013 by the National Board of Review and tied for best film honors from the Los Angeles Film Critics Assn. Right from the start of our meeting, the dynamic of the duo's working relationship became clear. Jonze functions as a kind of Joaquin-whisperer/interlocutor for Phoenix; the actor serves as muse and B.S. detector for Jonze."

Full...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-joaquin-phoenix-spike-jonze-her-movie-20131215,0,7512579.story

Some interesting elements to this "interview", what do you guys think? 

Edited by user Friday, December 13, 2013 2:41:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#228 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 7:21:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Joaquin Phoenix radio interview!

Joaquin Phoenix, Her
Hosted by Stephen Schaefer
Originally aired 12/16/13

One of his generation's great actors, with Oscar nominations for Gladiator,Walk the Line and The MasterJoaquin Phoenix, 39, adds to his gallery of memorable characters with Her. Phoenix plays Theodore, an ordinary man who falls in love with a computer operating system named Samantha (voiced by Scarlett Johansson) in Spike Jonze's slightly futuristic film.

Offline joy  
#229 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 7:33:04 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

quote=admin]Hi guys,

Nice to see you! 

..to see you, nice!

(ffs. The Brucie pic I tried to post wouldn't show up. Twice! )

admin wrote:
Her is the Joaquin movie i'm looking forward to the most! 

Haha. I'm running out of counting fingers but I believe that's a zillion and six. 

admin wrote:
Hopefully we'll get to see some photos of Joaquin from tonight's Her red carpet event in Los Angeles! 

Affirmative. 

Offline joy  
#230 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 7:59:46 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Blimey, Admin. You're all over the shop and hot on the heels with the 'Her' news, interviews, reviews and so on.  

admin wrote:
Some interesting elements to this "interview", what do you guys think? 

A long time ago Joaquin did an interview* with someone and he spoke about how he hated films (movies, as he would say, being an American) which were ironic or employed irony as a dramatic medium. I'm pretty sure he used the word 'pretentious' in there too and spoke about certain kinds of independent cinemas (or theatres, as he would say, being an American - though he wouldn't spell it like that, being an American) where those kinds of films are screened. I can't quote him word for word, but that was the gist. He was quite scathing in his tone about those kind of films and cinemas actually. The film Joaquin held up to be the epitome of the kind of film he was talking about was 'Being John Malkovich'. 

I don't want to say anything bad about Joaquin, but I really wish I hadn't read that 'Esquire' interview. 

* I've looked for it but can't find it. 

Offline joy  
#231 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 8:01:05 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Looks like Joaquin's growing his beard again for the awards circuit. 
Offline justme  
#232 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 8:47:26 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey guys! Yeah, Joy, I remember reading that interview from a few years back as well-and yeah, can't find it. And I remember the John Malkovich thing. I might have got it wrong but I think he did say it was a great film, he just preferred films that were more direct or emotional-I can't remember how he phrased it. I've never seen Being John Malkovich so I can't really make a judgement on the film. Though, I suppose, given that he's worked with Spike, that could be rather awkward.

What was it that bothered you about the Esquire interview?

Offline admin  
#233 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 9:06:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

David Edelstein’s 10 Best Movies of 2013

1. Her
A lonely man (Joaquin Phoenix) who writes personal letters for other people (they can’t say what they want to say themselves) forms a wondrous bond with his Operating System (voiced by Scarlett Johansson)—which (who?) becomes more and more sentient. Spike Jonze’s futuristic comedy is an exquisite meditation on love, friendship, human connection, and the singularity that might enlarge (or possibly contract) our definition of what that connection means. In the first hour, there’s a vein of satire—of the supreme silliness and pathos of a world in which people turn increasingly to disembodied voices for solace, friendship, sex. (Can you really “date” an OS?) But the satire yields to a sort of transcendental romanticism that leaves you both heartbroken and full of wonder. This is like no other movie—although it’s clearly a descendant of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. (Is Charlie Kaufman the new high priest—the William Gibson—of futuristic psychodrama?)

Her is not just the best film in years, it has the best performance of 2013 by a cosmic margin. Perhaps no actor but Phoenix could express emotions that are so painfully unformed. He’s not just unafraid of regressing, of getting lost—he lives for it.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/12/david-edelsteins-10-best-movies-of-2013.html

Offline joy  
#234 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 9:57:25 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

justme wrote:

Hey guys! Yeah, Joy, I remember reading that interview from a few years back as well-and yeah, can't find it. And I remember the John Malkovich thing. I might have got it wrong but I think he did say it was a great film, he just preferred films that were more direct or emotional-I can't remember how he phrased it. I've never seen Being John Malkovich so I can't really make a judgement on the film. Though, I suppose, given that he's worked with Spike, that could be rather awkward.

What was it that bothered you about the Esquire interview?

I've seen 'Being John Malkovich' (a long time ago) and thought it was a load of tosh. haha. 

Like I said, I don't want to say anything bad about Joaquin so best leave my thoughts about the Esquire interview in my head. Having said that, I did say I thought he was faking a lot of things which I suppose is a pretty bad thing to say about someone. Then again, it's not like I'm just some random poster on the internet who wants to troll Joaquin. If you know what I mean. 

Offline admin  
#235 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 7:34:54 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her Movie Review (mardermoviereviews)

Offline admin  
#236 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 7:40:51 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Why Joaquin Phoenix, Who Wows in ‘Her,’ Is the Greatest Actor Alive

Sean Penn? Daniel Day-Lewis? Nope. It’s Joaquin Phoenix, who delivers the year’s finest performance as a sad-sack divorcé who falls in love with an operating system in ‘Her.’

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12/14/why-joaquin-phoenix-who-wows-in-her-is-the-greatest-actor-alive.html
Offline admin  
#237 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 9:10:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Blimey, Admin. You're all over the shop and hot on the heels with the 'Her' news, interviews, reviews and so on.  

Hi Joy, I know, all things Joaquin related are quiet for months and then all of a sudden it all comes flooding in...

'Her' Scores Best Picture from Detroit Critics

Spike Jonze's outstanding "Her" has won yet another Best Picture victory, this time from Detroit film critics. The film also took Best Supporting Actress (Scarlett Johansson) and Best Screenplay (Spike Jonze).

Offline admin  
#238 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:11:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Her: Joaquin Phoenix Arrival and Fashion Shots at the Los Angeles Premiere

Her: Joaquin Phoenix Los Angeles Premiere Interview

Have a look at Joaquin's hand around the 0:50 mark, what's he got drawn on it?  Looks like he's been drawing up a plan of attack!?

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:17:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#239 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:19:22 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Not Bending The World As Much As We Think, Why Her Is The Best Film Of The Year!

9/10

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:41:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#240 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:49:01 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Have a look at Joaquin's hand around the 0:50 mark, what's he got drawn on it?  Looks like he's been drawing up a plan of attack!?

It's not the first time that's happened, is it? Maybe he (or Allie/someone else) got bored at the premiere and happened to have a biro handy. 

Interestingly, Joaquin's hand is doodle-free when he's signing autographs for the fans/autograph sellers. You can see it on the video a few posts back. 

So, were the doodles scrubbed off before he signed the autographs? Or were the doodles drawn afterwards? Over to you, Sherlock.