JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<2425262728>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#501 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 4:55:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
Spike was interviewed about 'Her' on BBC Newsnight via satellite link. He seemed more interested in asking Emily Mathias what she thought of the film but does give his opinion on what the film is about.

You know whenever the BBC is involved, all you can do is roll your eyes  ... and that's putting it mildly and diplomatically. 

Edited by user Monday, February 17, 2014 7:27:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#502 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 6:18:27 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:

Hey Joy, i found these...

... i think they may be yours? 

Did you do that on purpose, admin? Or did you not see that I posted the Spike Newsnight interview on the previous page (#491)? Don't you read all the posts? 

She wasn't very happy....

Later, Ms Maitlis tweeted that Her was "like Lost in Translation for mood but nowhere near as good" – referring to the Oscar-winning film by Jonze's ex-wife, Sofia Coppola.

Maitlis also retweeted some unfavourable comments about Jonze, including @jamesthornton who described the director as an "over-precious arse. happy to get PR, then surprised focus on obvious conceit of the film". He went on to tweet that interviewing Jonze must have been like "being stuck in a Hoxton bar with some git with a cupcake. Interviewing the interviewer is dull & v v old hat".

Yikes! Guess that's Spike off the Christmas card list! 

Offline admin  
#503 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 7:31:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Did you do that on purpose, admin? Or did you not see that I posted the Spike Newsnight interview on the previous page (#491)? Don't you read all the posts?

I think i'm losing my marbles too!  You've already posted the BBC video Joy... so i've removed the post i did. More pills please Nurse Ratched, we all need a double dose.

Spike seemed perfectly reasonable in the interview to me. She just didn't seem to be able to go off script... typically BBC! 
Offline joy  
#504 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 8:28:46 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

She's lucky she didn't get Joaquin! What would she have tweeted after him? "You're a crap actor!" ? Joaquin could tweet back "I know! That's what I've been saying all along!" 

Offline admin  
#505 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 5:25:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

WATCH: New Featurette for Oscar-Nominated 'Her' Score, Plus Karen O, Spike Jonze & KK Barrett Perform "Moon Song"

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#506 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 4:33:01 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi guys!!!!

The next wednesday I will be sat down in a cinema's lounge... watching... HER!!!!

But I have to tell you my Odissey... because here in Spain (Sami will understand me if she reads) we have the tradition to dub the film in Spanish... and I never had noticed before how much quality we lost since I never used to watch the Original Version... But lately I started to do it, and when I discovered in youtube the existence of Her, and my interest started... it was because I watched the original trailer...
And yesterday I see: Her realised in Spain this weekend... and I watch the trailer dub into Spanish and 
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sudenly, the sensual voice of Scarlett disappeared!!! And the voice for Joaquin Phoenix is very very horrible!!!
But he has a very atractive voice and his actor of dub sounds like a man without personality!

So I have been searching a cinema where the original version be put and at least I FOUNDDDDDDDDDD!!!

Here you are the spanish trailer to understand me:

Edited by moderator Friday, February 21, 2014 7:00:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed link.

Offline admin  
#507 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 7:22:28 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi fedupandstressed,

That's a great story!

I hope when you watch the English speaking version you can understand Joaquin OK... he's a bit of a mumbler! 

I did read somewhere that when a movie is dubbed for a foreign country that they use the same voice person to do the dubbing for the same famous actor across all their movies in that country (to keep it consistent i guess). So, if you've seen a movie starring Joaquin before dubbed in Spanish, you should know already that it was going to sound like for Joaquin?

I wonder if the Spanish guy who dubs Joaquin's voice in movies mumbles too? 

Must be weird watching an actor for many years and then finding out the dubbed voice is very different to their real voice...
Offline roberawards  
#508 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 12:03:33 AM(UTC)
roberawards

Joaquin Phoenix has been nominated as part of the ensemble cast of Her; and his film is also nominated in eight other categories, including Best Picture, director, comedy, screenplay, etc.

You can vote for Her @ http://roberawards.com/t...r-awards-2013-film-poll/
Offline joy  
#509 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 5:38:21 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

What are the Rober awards??

That's a nice interview with Jonny Greenwood, Admin, but what's it got to do with 'Her'? 

Fu&s, I totally understand your consternation re: voice dubbing. I actually laughed when I heard Samantha's Spanish voice. Not good at all! 

I posted some Spanish dubbed scenes from The Master back in the day and here they are again to compare with 'Joaquin' in 'Her'. Is it the same actor? 

Offline admin  
#510 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 5:43:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
That's a nice interview with Jonny Greenwood, Admin, but what's it got to do with 'Her'?

Quite right Joy, I've moved it to the "Inherent Vice" thread. 
Offline joy  
#511 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:08:02 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

Quite right Joy, I've moved it to the "Inherent Vice" thread. 

Did you turn back the clock too? The forum says it was posted in the IV thread at 1.45am today*. Or have you taken something away and posted the Greenwood interview in its place? Or...are you a magician? 

* That's UK time, btw. Would have been yesterday if you're on west coast US time. 

Edited by user Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:16:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#512 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:55:07 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

admin wrote:
Hi fedupandstressed,

That's a great story!

I hope when you watch the English speaking version you can understand Joaquin OK... he's a bit of a mumbler! 

I did read somewhere that when a movie is dubbed for a foreign country that they use the same voice person to do the dubbing for the same famous actor across all their movies in that country (to keep it consistent i guess). So, if you've seen a movie starring Joaquin before dubbed in Spanish, you should know already that it was going to sound like for Joaquin?

I wonder if the Spanish guy who dubs Joaquin's voice in movies mumbles too? 

Must be weird watching an actor for many years and then finding out the dubbed voice is very different to their real voice...

The normal is to use the same actor for dubbing... but it isn't always. Anyway my problem was that I started to watch the orginal version of the trailer, so when I have seen the spanish version it has sounded strange to me...
I'm not sure that Joaquin have had always the same dubber actor... I never pay attention to it because as I know it isn't his real voice I don't use to take into account the voice... But Scarlett has the same voice... What happened to me was that I liked much more her real voice then of listening...
I think the actor who dubbs Joaquin doesn't mumble, and I don't want that this tradition stop, because a lot of actors would be unemployements... But to me it would a great idea to offer both version, as some cinemas are strarting to do!

Offline admin  
#513 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:17:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Did you turn back the clock too? The forum says it was posted in the IV thread at 1.45am today*. Or have you taken something away and posted the Greenwood interview in its place? Or...are you a magician?

Just another quirky feature of the forum i guess! 

I'm going to try and update the forum software to the latest version soon (probably after the Oscars are out of the way)... it's going to be nerve-wrecking , hoping nothing goes wrong... i'm scared, who knows what hell that will unleash! 
Offline admin  
#514 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:26:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I've mentioned this before, but i hope Spike Jonze is now working on the DVD/Blu-ray release of Her and that he is going to implement the ability for the viewer to either choose Scarlett Johansson or Samantha Morton as the voice of the Operating System...

... that would be cool  The marketing people would love it also because it would mean that the people who saw Her at the cinema would be keen to also buy the DVD/Blu-ray version so they can watch it with Samantha Morton as the voice. 

Come on Spike, don't miss this unique opportunity!  

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:51:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kitten  
#515 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 3:57:41 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
admin wrote:
I've mentioned this before, but i hope Spike Jonze is now working on the DVD/Blu-ray release of Her and that he is going to implement the ability for the viewer to either choose Scarlett Johansson or Samantha Morton as the voice of the Operating System...

... that would be cool  The marketing people would love it also because it would mean that the people who saw Her at the cinema would be keen to also buy the DVD/Blu-ray version so they can watch it with Samantha Morton as the voice. 

Come on Spike, don't miss this unique opportunity!  

I will say Her is a gem

Offline joy  
#516 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:23:54 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

SPOILER ALERT!

I really liked 'Her'. Loved it in fact. Dos anyone know what the safety pins were for? Theodore had one pinned to all of his shirt pockets and towards the end of the film he has two on one shirt! Quirky! 

That's very cool that 'Her' has made a profit so far. More to come too with cinema showings & dvd sales. Make sure you get your commission from Spike if that idea of yours ends up a reality, Admin. Haha. 

Offline kitten  
#517 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:35:17 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I told you it is a gem  

Edited by moderator Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:11:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Trimmed quote

Offline joy  
#518 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:53:13 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:

I told you it is a gem  

Yes you did, Kitten. What kind of gem do you think 'Her' is?

You kept that quiet about your acting career! I have to say you played a fantastic, if rather unusual, part in 'Her'.  

#519 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 6:05:30 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Tomorrow is my date!!!

So we could have a long conversation about it!!!!

Offline joy  
#520 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:33:23 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Enjoy yourself fu&s!