JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline joy  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:45:17 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm not vegan Sami, but if you want to share your recipes go ahead. I eat a lot of soups, salads and steamed vegetables and kind of make things up as I go along depending on what's available and how I feel. Hard to say what my favourite vegetables are because I love them all but I get jittery when I don't have marinated artichokes in my cupboard so maybe it's them. 

Offline sami  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:17:54 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
I'm not vegan Sami, but if you want to share your recipes go ahead. I eat a lot of soups, salads and steamed vegetables and kind of make things up as I go along depending on what's available and how I feel. Hard to say what my favourite vegetables are because I love them all but I get jittery when I don't have marinated artichokes in my cupboard so maybe it's them. 

I love marinated artichokes too ! Yum . Do you put them in your salads?
My favorite vegetable right now has to be Collard Greens !
Offline joy  
#23 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:58:20 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:

Yes, sometimes. Even cold, cooked vegetables. We don't have collard greens here but we do have spring greens which are similar I think. Very tasty. 

Offline admin  
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:48:47 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Spuds are the best vegetable, everyone knows that. Nothing as versatile as a spud. Full stop. 
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 6:11:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Spuds are the best vegetable, everyone knows that. Nothing as versatile as a spud. Full stop. 

Yes Master! 

Offline sami  
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:10:02 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:

Oh yeah ! I Luv spuds, the hot ones !
So here's a recipe you might like... . Ready ?
Ok , grab a bag of baby spinach , dump it in a saucepan with olive oil and chopped garlic , add a handful of raisins and pine nuts, wait 1 minute. It takes only a short time .. And ready to eat !!
Offline sami  
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:11:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
sami wrote:

Yes, sometimes. Even cold, cooked vegetables. We don't have collard greens here but we do have spring greens which are similar I think. Very tasty. 

I love all the varieties as well and if you have a steamer it's so easy !
Offline sami  
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:54:10 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

You all must be sleeping right now, I'm only finishing one part of my work .
I write to tell you that I went to a community farm a couple weeks ago to see the animals and they all looked so sad. There were goats , sheep, a little donkey, pigs , and cows. The males were separated in different cages . They were so depressed :( I didn't expect to find such scenario but when you start looking at animals as equals they speak to you, it's true. Joaquin's campaign is working after all !

I had some controversial thoughts when I bought my winter coat this year . I really liked one but it had real furr around the hoodie. After thinking about it I decided not to buy it , because I wouldn't have really been able to wear it thinking about the dead animal, but then , again , all the winter coats have duck feathers in them and we wear them anyway , the only thing is that they aren't visible so.. What's up with that ? I wonder what PETA says .
Offline sami  
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:05:34 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:

Admin , I know "spuds" are the best but sometimes it's good to try new things as well ! 
Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:43:46 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
sami wrote:
I write to tell you that I went to a community farm a couple weeks ago to see the animals and they all looked so sad. There were goats , sheep, a little donkey, pigs , and cows. The males were separated in different cages . They were so depressed :( I didn't expect to find such scenario but when you start looking at animals as equals they speak to you, it's true. Joaquin's campaign is working after all !

I had some controversial thoughts when I bought my winter coat this year . I really liked one but it had real furr around the hoodie. After thinking about it I decided not to buy it , because I wouldn't have really been able to wear it thinking about the dead animal, but then , again , all the winter coats have duck feathers in them and we wear them anyway , the only thing is that they aren't visible so.. What's up with that ? I wonder what PETA says .

I'm follower of PETA and I use to support every campaign to protect animals rights... I'm pretty sure that I never would be a farmer because I tend to give a name to every animal who is around me... and I never would eat someone who has a name!!! But... I'm an animal too... we are animals, and nature "unfortunately" didn't made us only vegetarian... we belong to a natural system were we related other animals and vegetables (alives) by the food chains... If we think that eating animals is a wrong behavior... so we are meaning that lions, bears or eagles are having a bad behavior too... Animals aren't pets... When we live by it (I like to use his/her) side we are able to discover that they are as intelligent as us... I don't think that they haven't the ability to think... But every animal develope its own system of thoughts by its necessities, and we (human) have developed a complicated system of life which has developed into complicated necessities... animal's necessities are more simple (at first view, because we might have lot of things to know yet)... so they only have to think about how to get food and a place were live. If you think it, is the same than us... But we have denatured them... because we have created an horrible way of life which kill nature, animals and people (and not because of the food chain) but because of the destruction of the environment... 

We drink coke and we never think about the destruction that this company make in the world; destroying nature, exploiting people... I wonder if all these artists whi post in PETA that they are proud on be vegan usually have the same feeling about stop to drink coke or dress clothes which are made in factories where people work as slaves... 

Offline joy  
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:29:34 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:

Really?? I find that hard to believe. 

Thanks for the recipe! 
Offline joy  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:40:24 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

I'm follower of PETA and I use to support every campaign to protect animals rights... I'm pretty sure that I never would be a farmer because I tend to give a name to every animal who is around me... and I never would eat someone who has a name!!! But... I'm an animal too... we are animals, and nature "unfortunately" didn't made us only vegetarian... we belong to a natural system were we related other animals and vegetables (alives) by the food chains... If we think that eating animals is a wrong behavior... so we are meaning that lions, bears or eagles are having a bad behavior too... Animals aren't pets... When we live by it (I like to use his/her) side we are able to discover that they are as intelligent as us... I don't think that they haven't the ability to think... But every animal develope its own system of thoughts by its necessities, and we (human) have developed a complicated system of life which has developed into complicated necessities... animal's necessities are more simple (at first view, because we might have lot of things to know yet)... so they only have to think about how to get food and a place were live. If you think it, is the same than us... But we have denatured them... because we have created an horrible way of life which kill nature, animals and people (and not because of the food chain) but because of the destruction of the environment... 

We drink coke and we never think about the destruction that this company make in the world; destroying nature, exploiting people... I wonder if all these artists whi post in PETA that they are proud on be vegan usually have the same feeling about stop to drink coke or dress clothes which are made in factories where people work as slaves... 

I don't drink coke, but I don't post in PETA either. 

Offline annabelle  
#33 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2014 9:43:19 PM(UTC)
annabelle

Woman

kitten wrote:
Love that Joaquin is a Vegan

That's one of the reasons why I love Joaquin.  Obviously he's an amazing actor but the fact that he's vegan and cares so much about animals is very important to me.  I became a vegetarian when I was about 11 and have been vegan since December 2010. 

By the way, I'm new here so I'd just like to say hello to everyone.  I've been a fan of Joaquin's for many years.
Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:54:57 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
annabelle wrote:
kitten wrote:
Love that Joaquin is a Vegan

That's one of the reasons why I love Joaquin.  Obviously he's an amazing actor but the fact that he's vegan and cares so much about animals is very important to me.  I became a vegetarian when I was about 11 and have been vegan since December 2010. 

By the way, I'm new here so I'd just like to say hello to everyone.  I've been a fan of Joaquin's for many years.

Hello, welcome!
Offline joy  
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:01:19 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Nothing to do with PETA, but I thought it was an interesting piece of news about animal welfare. This story has been going on for some time but there have been developments recently.

US judge grants 'human rights' to a pair of laboratory chimpanzees being held at biomedical research facility in landmark case

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-judge-grants-human-rights-to-a-pair-of-laboratory-chimpanzees-being-held-at-biomedical-research-facility-in-landmark-case-10193558.html

thanks 2 users thanked joy for this useful post.
admin on 4/23/2015(UTC), Mystaria on 4/23/2015(UTC)
Offline Mystaria  
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 3:34:17 PM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 516 time(s) in 451 post(s)
Thank You Joy!!  It's good to see the developments happening. shame it's been going on so long tho!:( and that it took so long to see! xoxoxo 
Offline Mystaria  
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2015 3:36:50 PM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

Ps although i am not vegetarian or vegan. i hope to be one someday. it's just not in my budget to allow me to do so. hasn't been as long as i have been a fan. I think animals were meant to be put on this earth for us to live off  of and survive from.. but i think with proper treatment and proper diet. it would be a better place. and they wouldn't be treated so inhumanely. 

I see Vegetarians who eat chicken and fish. and I have to wonder why do they still call themselves vegetarians? Chicken is still meat, and fish is poultry!! it's still an animal you're eating dude!!:) xoxoxo just some thoughts
Offline Mystaria  
#38 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 4:38:13 AM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

and i wanted to add, do the vegetarians think it's ok cos it isn't red meat? That doesn't make any sense if you think about it. cos as i said previously it's still an animal that you're eating regardless.. and some people think plants that vegetables grow on. most of them. dont have feelings. let me say something.. all living things have feelings.  plants are living things.  like human beings.and animals. if you pull a root from the ground you are killing it.. They need to feel in order to grow. etc. just some thoughts i had to post.. i follow peta too. i think they do great work!!
Offline admin  
#39 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 8:12:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Thanks for your thoughts Mystaria

I think the bottom line for me that is killing and eating other creatures just isn't necessary to survive as a human. A human can still live a full and active life without eating animals (and therefore depriving another creature of life).

Eating animals is only really done because people like it. So, ultimately it's a choiceIn nature some animals eat other animals, some don't, both happily survive.
When you can afford to Mystaria, let's us know how you get on with your vegetarianism/veganism journey
Let's hope one day they put meat in all cigarettes, then Joaquin will be forced to quit

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline Mystaria  
#40 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 8:40:05 AM(UTC)
Mystaria

Woman
United States

How can one survive tho without eating animals? What are the options? Besides vegetables .. etc.. :)?? yes it is a choice. but sometimes it is not always. as people may only be able to afford that type of lifestyle.
I hope too one day Min.. I heard it's a very expensive lifestyle. so maybe i can work my way around that tho! and yes i agree both happily survive and we can too if we make the right choice and put our minds to it and our budget allows it!:)
That's an idea Min! To put meat in his cigs. That would be 1 way to get him to quit smoking:) xoxoxo