JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Esther  
#101 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 3:19:19 AM(UTC)
Esther
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/18/2015(UTC)
Posts: 4

Originally Posted by: Mystaria Go to Quoted Post
. I hope to do more stuff in the future. i am working on myself and my health and my body before i pursue more stuff to do:) xoxoxo i wish you the best Esther.
hope to see you talk and post more too!
Love Janice


Oh my god this is so true. If you don't get in the train early on it gets trick but if you have to wait til the skies are clear you might never do it !
I will post again, sure. I look forward to watching Inherent Vice
Nice talking to you. Have a good day
Offline Mystaria  
#102 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:30:18 AM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Oh it's not about training. i have a few medical problems;( xoxoxo thanks nice talking with you too! hugs oxox
Offline Mystaria  
#103 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:49:52 AM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Ps, they should go away while losing the weight. hope that is true.:) Thats what my doctor told me!:) xoxoox
Offline Apartment8J  
#104 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2020 8:44:47 PM(UTC)
Apartment8J
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/9/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: justme Go to Quoted Post
I'm surprised his sisters are still friends with her if she was using him, though, or maybe they broke up for a different reason. But yeah, I know he found out about Sophie, and I've heard a lot about Aria. But yeah, apparently Allie ended up in hospital with a cut finger or something. Joaquin's mom and sister posted comments and it seemed to be the first they'd heard of it, which leads me to think, combined with her not being anywhere near Golden Globes, that they've broken up. (If they'd been together, Joaquin would probably have told his family what had happened.) Wonder how he found out about Sophie?

I know this is super old but it doesn't surprise me that they're still close to allie since joaquin had no problems getting with rooney even though rooney got with casey while still married to summer.
Offline calliope  
#105 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 11:36:01 AM(UTC)
calliope
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/18/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4

Thanks: 1 times
Originally posted by: Apartment8J

I know this is super old but it doesn't surprise me that they're still close to allie since joaquin had no problems getting with rooney even though rooney got with casey while still married to summer.


And we know this to be a fact because.....?

Offline Mystaria  
#106 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 1:55:12 PM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
he stays friends with all his exes including the family does too.. its not anything new.

and when you have as much money as rooney does. you can make the facts of her having an affair with casey disappear.. its funny what money can buy.. but why else divorce if he wasnt cheating?? and they looked super chummy together when on red carpet events. and why hasnt he talked to joaquin since he and rooney got together? its been 4years now since they have spoken to each other. hugs xoxoox

ps thats proof enough for me. he and casey were bestest of friends and like brothers.

Edited by user Sunday, July 19, 2020 10:52:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ging  
#107 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:48:45 PM(UTC)
Ging
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/28/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6

Originally Posted by: Mystaria Go to Quoted Post
he stays friends with all his exes including the family does too.. its not anything new.

and when you have as much money as rooney does. you can make the facts of her having an affair with casey disappear.. its funny what money can buy.. but why else divorce if he wasnt cheating?? and they looked super chummy together when on red carpet events. and why hasnt he talked to joaquin since he and rooney got together? its been 4years now since they have spoken to each other. hugs xoxoox

ps thats proof enough for me. he and casey were bestest of friends and like brothers.

Hi Mystaria, I don't know much about RMara's history except, as you say she comes from wealth, but Casey has been a major cheater for years. In fact he was sued by 2 women back in 2010 for sexual harassment and assault on the mockumentry. Lawsuit isn't against Joaquin per se but he is named as having partaken in at least one of the abuses with Casey. And he watched Casey and the assistant allegedly abuse subordinates for months

So the more basic question is why did his sister put up with this for years- maybe reality finally hit her in the face when she saw Garner kick Ben out for good (roughly the same time)? And how did Summer reconcile that her own bro was ok watching her husband cheat/abuse non stop? And of course most relevant to this site- why on earth did JP want to hang out with a guy like Casey for months on end? 

Surely Casey's wife knew about this shortly after the lawsuit was filed, so they might have separated years earlier. Don't know the gossip about RM and CA (didn't follow them much) or even if it's true but yeah that would be awkward. On the other hand I wonder if the whole family equates freedom with totally abandoning ethical standards.LOL So they just carry on. Perk of the privileged? 
 

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 1:27:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mystaria  
#108 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:04:48 AM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
you have a point ging. i didnt realize casey was a cheater for years prior. i know he was sued for sexual harrassment and unfortunately so was joaquin cos he was making the doc with him. well casey came at a time in joaquins life when he really needed someone after rivers death... thats the only thing i can think of that he stayed friends with him for so long and im sure he loved him as a brother since they got matching tattoos. i always enjoyed casey. didnt realize he was soo bad tho
Offline Mystaria  
#109 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:20:23 PM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
also ging. as far as i know casey had an affair with rooney during aint them bodies saints in 2013. and rumor had it that he was gonna leave summer for her.. but she ended up going with joaquin over casey. and i believe thats why they dont speak til this day.

hugs


Originally Posted by: Ging Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mystaria Go to Quoted Post
he stays friends with all his exes including the family does too.. its not anything new.


and when you have as much money as rooney does. you can make the facts of her having an affair with casey disappear.. its funny what money can buy.. but why else divorce if he wasnt cheating?? and they looked super chummy together when on red carpet events. and why hasnt he talked to joaquin since he and rooney got together? its been 4years now since they have spoken to each other. hugs xoxoox

ps thats proof enough for me. he and casey were bestest of friends and like brothers.

Hi Mystaria, I don't know much about RMara's history except, as you say she comes from wealth, but Casey has been a major cheater for years. In fact he was sued by 2 women back in 2010 for sexual harassment and assault on the mockumentry. Lawsuit isn't against Joaquin per se but he is named as having partaken in at least one of the abuses with Casey. And he watched Casey and the assistant allegedly abuse subordinates for months

So the more basic question is why did his sister put up with this for years- maybe reality finally hit her in the face when she saw Garner kick Ben out for good (roughly the same time)? And how did Summer reconcile that her own bro was ok watching her husband cheat/abuse non stop? And of course most relevant to this site- why on earth did JP want to hang out with a guy like Casey for months on end? 

Surely Casey's wife knew about this shortly after the lawsuit was filed, so they might have separated years earlier. Don't know the gossip about RM and CA (didn't follow them much) or even if it's true but yeah that would be awkward. On the other hand I wonder if the whole family equates freedom with totally abandoning ethical standards.LOL So they just carry on. Perk of the privileged? 
 


Offline Mystaria  
#110 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:33:57 PM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
i dont think its for the privileged ginger. i think they are all about peace love and forgivness as River was. joaq and casey were very close.. and i think summer is a very beautiful lady and he was stupid to cheat on her. i didnt know he was witness to it. wow. sorry that sux for joaq.. but glad he didnt participate. no wonder why he said he shouldve spoken up when he had seen it for himself. his family mostly accepts everyone that comes into their family. theyre very accepting people. hugs xoxo
Offline Ging  
#111 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:47:34 PM(UTC)
Ging
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/28/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6

Originally Posted by: Mystaria Go to Quoted Post
i dont think its for the privileged ginger. i think they are all about peace love and forgivness as River was. joaq and casey were very close.. and i think summer is a very beautiful lady and he was stupid to cheat on her. i didnt know he was witness to it. wow. sorry that sux for joaq.. but glad he didnt participate. no wonder why he said he shouldve spoken up when he had seen it for himself. his family mostly accepts everyone that comes into their family. theyre very accepting people. hugs xoxo

He certainly had to know what Affleck and Langdon were like so not too surprising he stayed mum. It didn't bother him that much
But he wasn't just witness to it. He did participate in at least one contemptuous act that we know of against the 2 female crew members, along with Affleck in Costa Rica. It's mentioned in the lawsuit. Possibly the plaintiffs didn't directly prosecute JP because going after a big star could mean worse career-repercussions. And CA was the director.

I can't speak for his family or what they profess to believe but it sure doesn't sound like these guys were too peaceful or loving toward Ms. Gorka or Ms. White.  Even less when they rebuffed their advances. Sorry to say it sounds dangerously close to unaccountability for the perpetrators and finger pointing at the victims who had little power or funds in this case. Context is key. 

Edited by user Friday, July 31, 2020 12:22:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

Offline Ging  
#112 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2020 11:54:22 PM(UTC)
Ging
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/28/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6

Originally Posted by: Mystaria Go to Quoted Post
also ging. as far as i know casey had an affair with rooney during aint them bodies saints in 2013. and rumor had it that he was gonna leave summer for her.. but she ended up going with joaquin over casey. and i believe thats why they dont speak til this day.


Hey Mystaria, I'm not familiar with the Casey/Mara film or the rumor mill about them or how much weight to give it... but she too had to know CA's track record with women, unspeakably misogynistic and abusive. Takes where he can get it and pressures those who don't want it. And like I said the time frame the friendship ended would also coincide with both his sister and Garner deciding they wanted out of their marriages for good. SP (and JG) waking up may well be the reason it ended. 

Edited by user Friday, July 31, 2020 12:20:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: carification

Offline RRamone  
#113 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 4:10:21 AM(UTC)
RRamone
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/29/2020(UTC)
Posts: 5

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a lot of issues with that lawsuit; it's riddled with inaccuracies. The claimant stated Casey and Joaquin were in her room in Costa Rica having sex with a woman, yet she didn't actually hear or see the incident - she was told by a member of the crew; this immediately makes me suspicious.

In addition, it goes against her previous account that Joaquin was always respectful of her and gave up his room in the New York apartment so that she would privacy away from the crew. Why then would he invade her private space in Costa Rica? 

Finally, both women were aware of and helped set up scripted scenes of male /female nudity and partying, but claimed in the lawsuit that Affleck forced a crew member to expose himself to them when they were not filming?

I'm in no way insinuating that it was a healthy work environment, but I have issues with the validity of some of their accounts. I feel that certain aspects were peppered to force a settlement. 

Rant over lol!
thanks 1 user thanked RRamone for this useful post.
Mystaria on 8/1/2020(UTC)
Offline Ging  
#114 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 4:44:41 AM(UTC)
Ging
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/28/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6

Originally Posted by: RRamone Go to Quoted Post
In addition, it goes against her previous account that Joaquin was always respectful of her and gave up his room in the New York apartment so that she would privacy away from the crew. Why then would he invade her private space in Costa Rica?

I wouldn't put too fine a point on it. Possible JP was tired that night and/or knew she wasn't happy (she did leave but was coerced back with White's hiring) and was trying to keep the peace. Or for all we know he knew CA was interested in Gorka and wanted to give him privacy that night in N.Y.  I don't recall that either said JP was always respectful.

The scripted scenes are just that, scripted scenes. It has nothing to do with repugnant behavior off the set, directed at employees..... such as the director telling the  assistant to show White his dick on a plane. 


Why would they invade their space in Costa Rica with 2 women they brought back? Why would they do any of it? Contempt? Resentment? for noncompliant, attractive subordinates?  The room in CR was meant to be for the only 2 female crew members. Casey room was left vacant, they could have used that one.

Edited by user Friday, July 31, 2020 6:45:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RRamone  
#115 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 5:06:22 AM(UTC)
RRamone
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/29/2020(UTC)
Posts: 5

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I guess only those involved can answer that. I'm glad it's over and all parties have moved on. 
thanks 1 user thanked RRamone for this useful post.
Mystaria on 7/31/2020(UTC)
Offline Mystaria  
#116 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 10:22:13 AM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
i am too ram. hugs xoxo


Originally Posted by: RRamone Go to Quoted Post
I guess only those involved can answer that. I'm glad it's over and all parties have moved on. 



thanks 1 user thanked Mystaria for this useful post.
RRamone on 7/31/2020(UTC)
Offline Ging  
#117 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 3:42:56 AM(UTC)
Ging
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/28/2020(UTC)
Posts: 6

Originally Posted by: RRamone Go to Quoted Post
I guess only those involved can answer that. I'm glad it's over and all parties have moved on. 


Moved on..hmmm...I'd say more liked side-stepped..never directly acknowledged his role, and the press helped him deflect. No doubt more circumspect but like Ben, Hollywood doesn't care.
Offline Mystaria  
#118 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 10:23:47 AM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
casey did apologize and acknolwedge it in an interview.. please catch up on utube ging. hugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nttrWXQvmAI
Offline calliope  
#119 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 12:59:10 PM(UTC)
calliope
Rank: Joaquin Newbie

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/18/2020(UTC)
Posts: 4

Thanks: 1 times

Originally posted by:Ging

"Possible JP was tired that night and/or knew she wasn't happy ( she did leave but was coerced back with White's hiring) and was trying to keep the peace. Or for all we know he knew CA was interested in Gorka and wanted to give him privacy that night in N.Y.  I don't recall that either said JP was always respectful."

Really? So Joaquin offered her his bedroom so Casey could sneak in to sexually assault Gorka while she was sleeping? According to Gorka's suit,  it's implied that since she was the only female crew member present that evening Joaquin offered her his bedroom for the night to sleep.  
                 Originally posted by:Ging                        

"Why would they invade their space in Costa Rica with 2 women they brought back? Why would they do any of it? Contempt? Resentment? for noncompliant, attractive subordinates? The room in CR was meant to be for the only 2 female crew members. Casey room was left vacant, they could have used that one."                                                                                              

Contempt, resentment? Yes, by Casey Affleck.  Gorka and White spurned his advances and this was payback. In both lawsuits, Affleck is blamed for orchestrating the Costa Rica bedroom invasion of privacy incident. From Gorka's papers: "Although Affleck had his own room, he chose to invade Planitiff's privacy and violate her personal space. This was part of Affleck's campaign of abuse and harassment."

Originally posted by:Ging

"Possibly the plaintiffs didn't prosecute JP because going after a big star could mean worse career-repercussions. And CA was the director."

Using that logic, why wasn't Langdon listed as a defendant? He certainly isn't a big star. He exposed himself to Gorka which I would think is at least a criminal offense.
Affleck on the other hand was not as big of a celebrity as Joaquin, but he was still well known enough (Oscar nominated) and had the support of his famous brother and good friend Matt Damon. I'm not a lawyer, but if Phoenix had been sued for invasion of privacy I think intention of malice and motive would've had to be proven.
Originally posted by:Ging

"I can't speak for his family or what they profess to believe but it sure doesn't sound like these guys were too peaceful or loving toward Ms. Gorka or Ms. White. Even less when they rebuffed their advances."

Just to make it clear, I'm assuming this "rebuffed their advances" is referring to Affleck and Langdon. Only because "his family" seems to about Joaquin's family. Originally Posted by: RRamone

"I'm in no way insinuating that it was a healthy work environment, but I have issues with the validity of some of their accounts."

I wish that this case would've gone to trial instead of the settlement. Plaintiffs and Defendant have their say. Although I'm more inclined to believe the Plaintiffs accounts, and Affleck admitted in an interview two years ago that the atmosphere on the set was unprofessional.

That being said, I'm glad CA and JP don't talk to each other anymore.

(My apologies if this post looks confusing to read. Still learning the ropes.)

Edited by user Saturday, August 1, 2020 1:05:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Don't yet know how to block quotes!

Offline Mystaria  
#120 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 2:11:08 PM(UTC)
Mystaria
Rank: Master of Joaquin

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/21/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,211
Woman
United States
Location: Joaquinland;)

Thanks: 404 times
Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 255 post(s)
Originally Posted by: calliope Go to Quoted Post

Originally posted by:Ging

"Possible JP was tired that night and/or knew she wasn't happy ( she did leave but was coerced back with White's hiring) and was trying to keep the peace. Or for all we know he knew CA was interested in Gorka and wanted to give him privacy that night in N.Y.  I don't recall that either said JP was always respectful."

Really? So Joaquin offered her his bedroom so Casey could sneak in to sexually assault Gorka while she was sleeping? According to Gorka's suit,  it's implied that since she was the only female crew member present that evening Joaquin offered her his bedroom for the night to sleep.  
                 Originally posted by:Ging                        

"Why would they invade their space in Costa Rica with 2 women they brought back? Why would they do any of it? Contempt? Resentment? for noncompliant, attractive subordinates? The room in CR was meant to be for the only 2 female crew members. Casey room was left vacant, they could have used that one."                                                                                              

Contempt, resentment? Yes, by Casey Affleck.  Gorka and White spurned his advances and this was payback. In both lawsuits, Affleck is blamed for orchestrating the Costa Rica bedroom invasion of privacy incident. From Gorka's papers: "Although Affleck had his own room, he chose to invade Planitiff's privacy and violate her personal space. This was part of Affleck's campaign of abuse and harassment."

Originally posted by:Ging

"Possibly the plaintiffs didn't prosecute JP because going after a big star could mean worse career-repercussions. And CA was the director."

Using that logic, why wasn't Langdon listed as a defendant? He certainly isn't a big star. He exposed himself to Gorka which I would think is at least a criminal offense.
Affleck on the other hand was not as big of a celebrity as Joaquin, but he was still well known enough (Oscar nominated) and had the support of his famous brother and good friend Matt Damon. I'm not a lawyer, but if Phoenix had been sued for invasion of privacy I think intention of malice and motive would've had to be proven.
Originally posted by:Ging

"I can't speak for his family or what they profess to believe but it sure doesn't sound like these guys were too peaceful or loving toward Ms. Gorka or Ms. White. Even less when they rebuffed their advances."

Just to make it clear, I'm assuming this "rebuffed their advances" is referring to Affleck and Langdon. Only because "his family" seems to about Joaquin's family. Originally Posted by: RRamone

"I'm in no way insinuating that it was a healthy work environment, but I have issues with the validity of some of their accounts."

I wish that this case would've gone to trial instead of the settlement. Plaintiffs and Defendant have their say. Although I'm more inclined to believe the Plaintiffs accounts, and Affleck admitted in an interview two years ago that the atmosphere on the set was unprofessional.

That being said, I'm glad CA and JP don't talk to each other anymore.

(My apologies if this post looks confusing to read. Still learning the ropes.)



i wish they still did they were the best of friends. but casey let allowed those things to happen. hope he finds someone just as close as they were. 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
7 Pages«<4567>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2020, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.410 seconds.