JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline deanna_demola  
#381 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 12:45:08 AM(UTC)
deanna_demola

Groups: Registered
Woman

The whole time watching this, I was waiting for Joaquin. I was glued to my T.V during the Red Carpet trying to catch any glimpse of him! Same during the Oscars! He looked so sharp once again! I'm proud of him no matter what. Even though this was a huge disappointment last night, Joaquin still won in my book. He truly deserves more than he gets, he deserves more recognition. I'm glad Joaquin stayed true to himself.I hate how people say he is arrogant. Are you serious? He is the complete opposite. He's so humble, sweet, and caring. He's one of the most realest celebrities I have ever seen, and I admire him for that. My heart sank as I heard Daniel Day's name, even though I already knew the results, I still had some hope the Academy might not let me down. Joaquin, you're perfect babe, you're better than those awards, and you're the most magnificent human being I have ever seen. I love you Joaquin! Love Sorry I wasn't able to come on last night, i would have but I was trying to find Joaquin! Haha :)
Offline kitten  
#382 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:03:10 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
deanna_demola wrote:
The whole time watching this, I was waiting for Joaquin. I was glued to my T.V during the Red Carpet trying to catch any glimpse of him! Same during the Oscars! He looked so sharp once again! I'm proud of him no matter what. Even though this was a huge disappointment last night, Joaquin still won in my book. He truly deserves more than he gets, he deserves more recognition. I'm glad Joaquin stayed true to himself.I hate how people say he is arrogant. Are you serious? He is the complete opposite. He's so humble, sweet, and caring. He's one of the most realest celebrities I have ever seen, and I admire him for that. My heart sank as I heard Daniel Day's name, even though I already knew the results, I still had some hope the Academy might not let me down. Joaquin, you're perfect babe, you're better than those awards, and you're the most magnificent human being I have ever seen. I love you Joaquin! Love Sorry I wasn't able to come on last night, i would have but I was trying to find Joaquin! Haha :)

I agree, I feel so bad for him, no recignation or for PTA nothing,
Offline sami  
#383 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:26:51 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Cinderella approves this message

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2013 5:11:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kitten  
#384 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:40:32 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

BigGrin
sami wrote:
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Cinderella approves :

UserPostedImage

will do Blink
Offline sami  
#385 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:45:18 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

The Mac Donald's fish commercial was outrageous , btw , even more knowing how they censored Joaquin's PETA one. It even showed baby fish singing ! Outrageous ! I think that's why he was so mad !
Offline kitten  
#386 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 3:06:43 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

sami wrote:
The Mac Donald's fish commercial was outrageous , btw , even more knowing how they censored Joaquin's PETA one. It even showed baby fish singing ! Outrageous ! I think that's why he was so mad !

my gush , he did seen mad or something
Offline sami  
#387 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 4:19:30 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

It's all about politics . What they did to him is insulting. It's a lack of respect . I'm sure They threw him in the mix just so that Daniel had somebody to play against with . It's insulting to play w such a talented and dedicated artist like this. After watching the oscars I didn't know whether to laugh of to cry . I had to watch a bit of Stephen Hawking to reassure my intelligence . It's true, it's the worse tasting carrot ever . I'm done with this people . They think we don't see what they're doing . Well they can fool some but not all . Definitely not all . And when the masses have sth else to compare the oscars to , caput. ThumbDown
Offline joy  
#388 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 4:21:52 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:
Well done Joaquin! You expressed how many millions watching this propaganda/public perception control fest actually felt! Cool

UserPostedImage

Looking good. What a Hero! Cool

I found this Youtube video of Joaquin's reaction after his nomination was broadcast. I think this is where the gif was taken from? Joaquin's section is from 2.06 - 2.28

Offline kitten  
#389 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 4:26:25 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

sami wrote:
It's all about politics . What they did to him is insulting. It's a lack of respect . I'm sure They threw him in the mix just so that Daniel had somebody to play against with . It's insulting to play w such a talented and dedicated artist like this. After watching the oscars I didn't know whether to laugh of to cry . I had to watch a bit of Stephen Hawking to reassure my intelligence . It's true, it's the worse tasting carrot ever . I'm done with this people . They think we don't see what they're doing . Well they can fool some but not all . Definitely not all . And when the masses have sth else to compare the oscars to , caput. ThumbDown

Hi Sami, I agree that they threw him in the play against, daniel I did not watch because to me it is sicken how no respect for Joauqin, I tell you today I feel very bad, I feel sick that they would treat Joaquin so bad, but what I think even if daniel was not in the race, someone else would have won, they chose who they like, that is what I think Cool
Offline admin  
#390 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 4:29:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
I have to go to a funeral today so my mood isn't exactly jolly anyway,

Hi Joy, i hope today went as well as can be expected for you! Shame "the academy" didn't do the right thing, seeing Joaquin with the Oscar would've helped lift your spirits giving the circumstances i'm sure.

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#391 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 4:39:03 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Ohand I'm done w ABC too. No more Grey's Anatomy et all .
Offline joy  
#392 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:02:50 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Thanks, Admin.

sami wrote:

And no more Disney? They own ABC. Everything's a maze of connections. Best just throw the tv out altogether. Crying

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2013 5:22:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#393 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:05:01 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

admin wrote:
joy wrote:
I have to go to a funeral today so my mood isn't exactly jolly anyway,

Hi Joy, i hope today went as well as can be expected for you! Shame "the academy" didn't do the right thing, seeing Joaquin with the Oscar would've helped lift your spirits giving the circumstances i'm sure.

I'm sorry Joy, I hope I didn't bring you down. I hope you aren't too sad because of the funeral . Joaquin will be okay, I'm sure , and we all too.
Many hugs,
Sami
Offline sami  
#394 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:07:15 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:

sami wrote:

And no more Disney? They own ABC. Everything's a maze of connections. Best just throw the tv out altogether. Crying

Then I'm just gonna watch tV to know what they're up to Laugh but I'm planning to read and listen to music and rent movies instead !
Offline sami  
#395 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:14:10 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I gotta go *waves* :)
Offline joy  
#396 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:21:52 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:
I'm sorry Joy, I hope I didn't bring you down. I hope you aren't too sad because of the funeral . Joaquin will be okay, I'm sure , and we all too.
Many hugs,
Sami

No, of course not, Sami. I know Joaquin will be OK, as we all will be. It's too complex to explain how I feel. I'm OK. Hugs!

sami wrote:
Then I'm just gonna watch tV to know what they're up to Laugh but I'm planning to read and listen to music and rent movies instead !

Attagirl! BigGrin

sami wrote:
I gotta go *waves* :)

OK, Sami. See u later. :)
Offline admin  
#397 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 5:45:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Awards Season: My Summation

Time to get the big font out! BigGrin

Well, it's finally all over, the charade comes to a close for another year!

I thought i'd just give my summation of how it went from a Joaquin fan perspective and have a rant or two! Flapper

Things started off well with The Master with the film getting critical appraisal from the start and even went on to win awards at The Venice Film festival, where Joaquin shared the best actor award with Philip Seymour Hoffman. It also did well in terms of box office numbers considering it's limited theater release.

In my opinion, Joaquin did give the best performance by an actor for the year. Many others agreed, i lost count of the number of times i read on twitter "Should win: Joaquin Phoenix, will win: Daniel Day-Lewis", plus many other similar comments all over the internet. It seemed that people were well aware of the forces at play, and the lack of fairness.

Here's why i think Joaquin didn't get the best actor award from the main award ceremonies and why The Master was hugely snubbed all round:

1. The U.S. government propaganda machine was in full force this year using it's hollywood branch to full and relentless effect. The main theme this year was to push the "Pro-America" agenda to the majority of the citizens to distract them from the fact that their economy is in the gutter and that the majority of Americans are on food-stamps/benefits and have a dismal future, full of debt and lower quality of living standards to look forward too...

- Lincoln: To show what a great nation the U.S. is, built on the foundations of morality and goodness (of course we forget the millions of innocent people around the world blown to bits since then courtesy of the U.S. military industrial complex to gain access to other countries resources for profit and control motives).
- Argo: U.S. = good, Iran = Bad and we never leave our people behind. Go Team! Of course, forgetting Iran hasn't invaded any other country in hundreds of years, while the U.S. military has bases in almost every other country around the world and invades, directly and indirectly, countries every few years.
- Zero Dark Thirty: To show that America is the good guy, and they always get the bad guy, they are the good police of the world and to reinforce the 9/11 government story to the citizens. Of course, forgetting that the official 9/11 story is a complete nonsense fairytale.

It's all getting slightly off topic, but the above is straight out of 1984 to the lengths that governments are going to now, desperate times calling for desperate measures. "The Master" doing well at the awards ceremonies just didn't fit into the agenda. The only thing the U.S. manufactures these days is peoples opinion.

2. The Master and it's similarities to the origins of Scientology/dianetics... This was another powerful force in Hollywood against the film doing well, and all associated with it, like David going up against Goliath.

3. Joaquin not playing "the game"... Joaquin went on record to say what he thought of the whole "pitting actors against one another for awards" charade, even though it was the truth, it was perceived as "biting the hand that feeds you" and the powers that be black-balled Joaquin from then on. Don't forget what George Orwell said: "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Anyway, Joaquin and everyone associated with The Master had a serious uphill struggle trying to gain recognition for their work. The powers that be threw up the barriers and stopped it happening. It's a miracle the film ever got made!

We, as fans, always carried hope that there would be some justice in the world for a change and that all the award voters wouldn't have been bought and paid for and would end up doing the right, just and moral thing by voting to give the best actor award to the actual best actor, Joaquin. Unfortunately, injustice struck again, seems to be "the norm" in the world these days!

I thought Joaquin's best chances for best actor were at the BAFTAs as no one gives a toss about Abraham Lincoln in the U.K... but it didn't happen, the BAFTAs towed the pre-determined party line. I'm glad Joaquin seemed to have a better time at the BAFTAs than the U.S. awards ceremonies.

As fans, i think the bad news from now is that we have zero chance of seeing Joaquin turn up at any of the main U.S. awards ceremonies again in the future, it doesn't make sense for him to carry on going to these main events after being snubbed time and time again. I still like to think he would go to the BAFTAs, smaller awards ceremonies (like Screen Actors Guilds) and film festivals such as Venice. Also, we already know that Joaquin isn't interested in doing the press junkets to promote his films either... so, in general, we may see less and less of Joaquin away from roles on screen. The good news is that there are some good films due out soon with Joaquin in!

Joaquin deserved a hell of lot better this awards season (and for previous acting nominations too). He did the courteous thing and turned-up when nominated. He has been "in the acting business" many many years now and has seen it all. Just think what he's had to come through to get to where he is; growing up from simple beginnings, working hard from a young age with his brother and sisters just to help the family pay the bills. Joaquin, like his siblings, is multi-talented, acting and singing... he hasn't shied away from difficult roles either, as well as his PETA campaigning! Not to down play Daniel Day Lewis, but in comparison, Daniel is 20 years older and has only done 11 films since 1989!! And has got 3 best actor Oscars!! Joaquin has got none! Doesn't seem right! Daniel's roles didn't require singing either! And Daniel's grandfather was the head of the famous Ealing Studios, so that must of helped to get Daniel's foot in the film business from the start! Joaquin didn't have that luxury of a head start!

Overall, after this awards season, my respect and opinion of Joaquin has gone even higher, and my respect for the whole "awards ceremonies and their voters" has gone even lower, it's nauseating to watch, heaven knows what it's like to be amongst it!

Joaquin's parents must be very proud of him and all their children, a great and talented family that has achieved so much from humble beginnings!

Well done on a great performance Joaquin! Keep it up and stay humble despite your greatness, you're a diamond in the rough!

Looking forward to "Her" next! Cool

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2013 6:22:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#398 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 6:25:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

It's belated now, but a brief glimpse of Joaquin (and others) at a pre-Oscars do...
Offline sami  
#399 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:20:50 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

kitten wrote:

Hi Sami, I agree that they threw him in the play against, daniel I did not watch because to me it is sicken how no respect for Joauqin, I tell you today I feel very bad, I feel sick that they would treat Joaquin so bad, but what I think even if daniel was not in the race, someone else would have won, they chose who they like, that is what I think Cool

hugs Kitten, don't be sad . The good side is that we won't have to go through this again ! Laugh
Offline sami  
#400 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:33:30 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Admin,
Thank you for taking the time to write your summary . It's good to remember where it all started and the critical acclaim it received . The Master got completely shut down .by The Academy for a political reason but it's not as important as we think . Come on ! Look at the Oscar statues they're not even pretty , they look like aliens . Or a sort of golden mummy ? They could as well give a giant gummy bear , lol . They make a big deal and we grew up with it but u start paying attention and you realise that there's a lot of fuss for nothing ! The more importance you give to something the more power it has . I refuse to even acknowledge. If you focus your attention in other things those other things will become more important . I already gave the academy too much of my energy , it was a loss of time.