JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<2021222324>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline justme  
#421 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 12:36:27 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think you're right, Joy. It looks kind of like the bit at the end of a party-there don't seem to be many people around.
I heard something funny about Joaquin storming down the red carpet. Chris Connelley, one of the red carpet hosts, apparently noticed Joaquin's running down the red carpet and said something about him setting new speed records, and that he should be at the NFL combine! Not too familiar with what NFL is, but apparently it's something to do with speed tests.
Pity there were no photos of him on the red carpet, though...
Offline justme  
#422 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 12:52:19 AM(UTC)
justme

Hi Sami! Yeah, I've been a fan for a couple of years. I've loved the film Signs since I was little and I liked all the actors in it, but when I was home sick a couple of years ago, I decided to watch the film again for old time's sake. And I basically spent the entire movie drooling over Joaquin.LOL I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed him before. After that, I was just obsessed with watching every film he was inLaugh
I remember when I was a kid (before I was a big fan of Joaquin, when I just liked the movie) I used to pronounce his name Joe-a-kin. So I'd walk into the kitchen and say "Mum, we're watching Signs starring Mel Gibson and Joe-a-kin Fenix!"LOL
Thankfully, I'd learned to pronounce his name correctly by the time I became a fan of him a few years later...BigGrin
Offline sami  
#423 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 4:33:29 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Oh my goodness , that's such a cute story , that you liked him as a kid and then as an adult you saw him with different eyes . Makes me think of the crushes i had with my older brothers' friends way back then .. they're all married and settled now .. I partly like Joaquin because he is of my generation and I can relate to a lot of what he goes through but I never even heard of him before 2 years ago. I watched the Letterman interview and I went " I dig this, who is this guy?" I watched ISH but since I didn't know him I actually thought it was all true snd was horrified but now that I have a better idea of who he is I watch ISH and he's just so funny , he's over the top funny !!
Offline kitten  
#424 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 5:16:33 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
sami wrote:
Hey Joy, I didn't express my thoughts clearly . I should have said: I will never forget how the best performance in ages didn't get the Oscar and how Joaquin who didn't wanna be there had to anyway to not ruin his career and watch it all. This relationship of Joaquin w Hollywood reminds me that of Beethoven with the aristocracy in the 19th c . I have been reading the music history chapter on romanticism this past week since I don't watch TV now . It's great ! When i have more time I'll copy the quote for you .

Welcome to the forum justme. You sound like u are new here but have been a fan for a while , right ? I agree with you ,Joaquin's reaction is so amusing !

Hi, Sami and all on the forum, I agree that Joaquin did not want to be there, I felt so bad for him, and I did not watch the oscars and did not even peek at all, not even the red carpet action. this weekend I blushed and smiled so much as I watch The Master several times and love the beginning of the movie and the end of the movie , the end I am so red at what he says to Winn . I would say okay honey Drool Blushing Drool
Offline sami  
#425 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 6:27:45 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Hi Kitten, it's frustrating but i Know we Will get over it , together :) i bought the master on iTunes but my computer 's been working on and off.. Damn it ! I will get rid of this week and buy a new one, it's frustrating !
Here's an excerpt from the music history book ( I see joaquin everywhere Crying )

" Goethe also recalls Beethoven's refusal to bow his head as the Emperor's party passed by . In utter disregard of the prevailing class system, he reacted to a calling card flourished by his brother ("Johannes Beethoven, land-owner") by proclaiming himself 'Ludwig van Beethoven, brain-owner.' "

I read this and I thought : "that's Joaquin"
Offline kitten  
#426 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 6:27:48 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

kitten wrote:
joy wrote:
Haha! That ain't a drool......this is a Joaquin-worthy drool.... Wink BigGrin

who makes you Drool more Joaquin or Bradley Cooper, for me Joaquin is what makes me Drool

UserPostedImage

I can not stop blushing, that is the truth thanks hugs Razz

when I saw The Master I could not stop blushing on the sex parts for real I was so red,Blushing

I love the big drool ball, Drool
Offline joy  
#427 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 6:52:46 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Kitten, you're outrageous!! *boiiiing*

sami wrote:
Here's an excerpt from the music history book ( I see joaquin everywhere Crying )

That's because you're obsessed. Love

sami wrote:
" Goethe also recalls Beethoven's refusal to bow his head as the Emperor's party passed by . In utter disregard of the prevailing class system, he reacted to a calling card flourished by his brother ("Johannes Beethoven, land-owner") by proclaiming himself 'Ludwig van Beethoven, brain-owner.' "

Brilliant! I love it! Laugh

kitten wrote:
to me the lady he is talking to looks like Julia Roberts, that what I think, Blushing

Hmm.... Whoever she is, she looks very regal.

justme wrote:
I heard something funny about Joaquin storming down the red carpet. Chris Connelley, one of the red carpet hosts, apparently noticed Joaquin's running down the red carpet and said something about him setting new speed records, and that he should be at the NFL combine! Not too familiar with what NFL is, but apparently it's something to do with speed tests.

Haha! We were discussing (in the Oscars thread) whether Joaquin would put in an appearance on the red carpet or not and thought it would be great if he did a dance down it. Looks like he did, in a way - the Hot Foot Dash! Laugh Yes, it would have been nice to see some photos of him, but he's become camera shy lately. He did pose for some at the BAFTAs though. BigGrin

Edited by moderator Monday, March 4, 2013 8:26:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#428 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 1:18:29 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Thanks for reopeming this Admin !

Oh and I love the picture. It couldn't be Salma Hayek because the dress was different ...
Offline sami  
#429 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 2:26:54 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:
Kitten, you're outrageous!! *boiiiing*

sami wrote:

That's because you're obsessed. Love

sami wrote:

Brilliant! I love it! Laugh

Thank you Joy ! It also mentions how the aristocracy accepted him anyway and funded all his concerts partly because of his magnetism and powerful character. So that's quite something for those times .. B4 him artists were considered servants .
Joaquin doesn't want to be a servant therefore he is like Beethoven . Drum roll. .. Dang!

kitten wrote:
to me the lady he is talking to looks like Julia Roberts, that what I think, Blushing

joy wrote:
Hmm.... Whoever she is, she looks very regal.

Julia is very tall. It can't be her !

justme wrote:

joy wrote:
Haha! We were discussing (in the Oscars thread) whether Joaquin would put in an appearance on the red carpet or not and thought it would be great if he did a dance down it. Looks like he did, in a way - the Hot Foot Dash! Laugh Yes, it would have been nice to see some photos of him, but he's become camera shy lately. He did pose for some at the BAFTAs though. BigGrin

I'm so glad we have the bafta ones . He didn't have to answer questions there. I think the small talk part of the oscars red carpet makes him uncomfortable .
Offline kitten  
#430 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 10:02:37 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

sami wrote:
Thanks for reopeming this Admin !

Oh and I love the picture. It couldn't be Salma Hayek because the dress was different ...

my friend think it is Salma but I do not I still think it could be Julia because she were her hair like that at
awards shows, that is me, I can not picture Joaquin running the red carpet like that it was clear that
he did not what to be there but he was, just hope he is chilling out now, Love
Offline kitten  
#431 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 10:10:17 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

kitten wrote:
kitten wrote:
joy wrote:
Haha! That ain't a drool......this is a Joaquin-worthy drool.... Wink BigGrin

who makes you Drool more Joaquin or Bradley Cooper, for me Joaquin is what makes me Drool

UserPostedImage

I can not stop blushing, that is the truth thanks hugs Razz

when I saw The Master I could not stop blushing on the sex parts for real I was so red,Blushing

I love the big drool ball, Drool

Joy is there anyway you could post a bigger drool ball, it makes my day, thanks hugsDrool
Offline joy  
#432 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:32:56 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

sami wrote:

Err..did I miss Salma Hayek being mentioned? Confused

sami wrote:
Thank you Joy ! It also mentions how the aristocracy accepted him anyway and funded all his concerts partly because of his magnetism and powerful character. So that's quite something for those times .. B4 him artists were considered servants .
Joaquin doesn't want to be a servant therefore he is like Beethoven . Drum roll. .. Dang!

That's cool, Sami. Next time I listen to any Beethoven I'll think of this. Cool

sami wrote:
I'm so glad we have the bafta ones . He didn't have to answer questions there. I think the small talk part of the oscars red carpet makes him uncomfortable .

This is from one of Joaquin's recent interviews, post 'Oscars are bullshit' episode:

Nonetheless, the social aspects of the nominations were too uncomfortable for him to bear. “I don’t want to be around 200 people where you just make small talk,” he exclaims, waving his hand dismissively. “You’re going like fuck, I just spent 8 hours at this thing and I was with all these people and I never talked to anybody really. I don’t like that feeling; you always kind of leave feeling a little empty.”

http://ukscreen.com/arti...t-for-their-performance/

kitten wrote:

I hadn't noticed this before.... I'd never have guessed that Joaquin makes you drool more than Bradley! Laugh

kitten wrote:
Joy is there anyway you could post a bigger drool ball, it makes my day, thanks hugs Drool

I can do even better than that, Kitten, I can empower you with the tools for you to post emoticons yourself. BigGrin http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html
Offline justme  
#433 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:32:15 AM(UTC)
justme

Yeah, I saw him differently as a kid. I was a teenager before I started realising how gorgeous he was.Laugh
But yeah, it does look a little like Julia Roberts or Salma Hayek in this picture. But if the dress was different, I guess it couldn't be Salma...Confused
From what Joaquin's said about the Oscars and the social thing, I gather maybe he's just shy.Blushing Somehow, that makes me love him even more. I remember in an interview a while back he claimed to be boring because he didn't like to go out. Though I think we all know Joaquin's anything but boring!
An exact quote from another interview was:
"I don't want to do much of anything when I'm not working. It's important that any woman I know shouldn't need to be stimulated outside the house because I can't provide that."
Party animal.LOL But yeah, he just strikes me as introverted. And I'm guessing sitting through eight hours of an awards ceremony might get draining on anyone.
Joaquin's just the one who actually came out and said it.Laugh
Offline sami  
#434 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:27:10 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I think any reasonable person, outside of Hollywood, can understand how he would want to skip the fluffy part. It's just not about acting , it's about feeding the gossip magazines. He's not obliged to do that .
About the pic :
Have you noticed how Joaquin's publicist is often texting in the pictures ? She's been following him around everywhere. She must be terrified of leaving him alone ! Just teasing Laugh
Offline joy  
#435 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:48:04 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

justme wrote:
But yeah, it does look a little like Julia Roberts or Salma Hayek in this picture. But if the dress was different, I guess it couldn't be Salma... Confused

If the dress was different, then no. But Joaquin was photographed with Salma at the Butterfly Ball in 2006

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regarding Joaquin's stay at home quote, I can't help wondering if this is one of the reasons he's not settled down with anyone. I mean, even homebodies like to go out once in a while, but if you're into regular going out it must be frustrating.

sami wrote:
Have you noticed how Joaquin's publicist is often texting in the pictures ? She's been following him around everywhere. She must be terrified of leaving him alone ! Just teasing Laugh

Yes! I noticed that too! Laugh You can see her texting in this pic from the after BAFTAs show as well.

UserPostedImage

Offline sami  
#436 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:30:10 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Exactly, that's where I saw if before , thank you Joy Cool

I love the pics with Salma Hayek. They make a nice couple !

So, I'm talking with a friend and she says that after seeing Joaquin's reaction at the Oscars she wondered why did he go because it looked like he didn't want to be there. We arrived at the conclusion that he didn't have the option not go and that he had the right to express himself the only way he could. By shaking his head. Other actors like Robert aredford could afford to skip the oscars , maybe they were more consolidated , I'm not sure. But it was aredford who founded the Sundance Festival..
Offline sami  
#437 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:13:33 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

justme wrote:
Yeah, I saw him differently as a kid. I was a teenager before I started realising how gorgeous he was.Laugh
But yeah, it does look a little like Julia Roberts or Salma Hayek in this picture. But if the dress was different, I guess it couldn't be Salma...Confused

I give up! I have no idea who she is !

justme wrote:
From what Joaquin's said about the Oscars and the social thing, I gather maybe he's just shy.Blushing Somehow, that makes me love him even more. I remember in an interview a while back he claimed to be boring because he didn't like to go out. Though I think we all know Joaquin's anything but boring!
An exact quote from another interview was:
"I don't want to do much of anything when I'm not working. It's important that any woman I know shouldn't need to be stimulated outside the house because I can't provide that."
Party animal.LOL But yeah, he just strikes me as introverted.

I see what you're saying Justme, but the quote you mention is a bit old. I would go with the one that Joy posted which is more recent :

" .... Nonetheless, the social aspects of the nominations were too uncomfortable for him to bear. “I don’t want to be around 200 people where you just make small talk,” he exclaims, waving his hand dismissively. “You’re going like fuck, I just spent 8 hours at this thing and I was with all these people and I never talked to anybody really. I don’t like that feeling; you always kind of leave feeling a little empty.”

It makes more sense, if he was shy he would have just wanted to play it safe, do everything to go unnoticed , don't you think ? Smile

I think his reasons are solid.

" I don’t like that feeling; you always kind of leave feeling a little empty.”

It must be awful !

Edited by user Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:19:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#438 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:26:47 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

kitten wrote:
sami wrote:

Hi, Sami and all on the forum, I agree that Joaquin did not want to be there, I felt so bad for him, and I did not watch the oscars and did not even peek at all, not even the red carpet action

You are wise Kitten ThumpUp xoxo

I found a weird gif for you . Laugh LOL I find it cute Wink
UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:24:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#439 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:16:14 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

The Master : 2nd viewing
Nice comments from fans who've watched the DVD
http://m.imdb.com/name/n...board/threads/211264483/
Offline kitten  
#440 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:25:01 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
justme wrote:
But yeah, it does look a little like Julia Roberts or Salma Hayek in this picture. But if the dress was different, I guess it couldn't be Salma... Confused

If the dress was different, then no. But Joaquin was photographed with Salma at the Butterfly Ball in 2006

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regarding Joaquin's stay at home quote, I can't help wondering if this is one of the reasons he's not settled down with anyone. I mean, even homebodies like to go out once in a while, but if you're into regular going out it must be frustrating.

Hi, I was wondering that too why is Joaquin not settled with anyone, so I think Justme posted that quote and Justme I was wondering that too, I have read he want to settle down so I am wondering, hugsBlushing

sami wrote:

Yes! I noticed that too! Laugh You can see her texting in this pic from the after BAFTAs show as well.

UserPostedImage