JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<21222324>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline justme  
#441 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:45:22 AM(UTC)
justme

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yeah, I think he's just shy. Nothing wrong with that.
I've got to agree, he did seem uncomfortable at the Oscars. Maybe he was just shaking his head because it was uncomfortable for him seeing his own performance? He's said before he doesn't watch his own films, so maybe that contributed as well.

I agree about his publicist. I bet she's following him around like a hawk to make sure he doesn't say anything! Just joking!LOL He said a couple of months ago in an interview after the whole "Oscars are bull****" thing", that he was being careful what he said in case his publicist called and asked him why he'd said something stupid! Paraphrasing, but maybe he's been told to be on his best behaviour!
He seemed to be happier at the BAFTAs though-he seemed be enjoying his chat with Jeremy Renner afterwards!BigGrin
Offline kitten  
#442 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:49:32 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
sami wrote:
kitten wrote:
sami wrote:

Hi, Sami and all on the forum, I agree that Joaquin did not want to be there, I felt so bad for him, and I did not watch the oscars and did not even peek at all, not even the red carpet action

You are wise Kitten ThumpUp xoxo

I found a weird gif for you . Laugh LOL I find it cute Wink
UserPostedImage

thank you love itDrool
Offline joy  
#443 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 7:20:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
justme wrote:
I agree about his publicist. I bet she's following him around like a hawk to make sure he doesn't say anything! Just joking! LOL

I also think she followed him closely to make sure he didn’t abscond. Laugh

Quote:
He seemed to be happier at the BAFTAs though-he seemed be enjoying his chat with Jeremy Renner afterwards! BigGrin

He was obviously enjoying the weather. Laugh He filmed Lowlife with JR so maybe had something to chat about.

The link to the interview I posted also said this:

Listening to Phoenix speaking about acting with such passion, enthusiasm and deep appreciation, one would doubt that he had or would ever contemplate quitting his coveted craft. It’s evident, however, that he loathes the inevitable social aspects and the hazardous fame that come with it.

“I don’t want to feel like I’m this different thing or that I am like special in some way; it makes me feel funny,” he reflects. “I’m shy and it’s uncomfortable, and you navigate it because you have no choice,” he laughs in resignation.

This is from another recent interview:

'In private, I live a very quiet life. I’ve never bungee-jumped. I’ve never sky-dived out of a plane. But in my work I like that intensity. My extreme sport is acting.’

http://www.dailymail.co....cting.html#ixzz2MmuOYu5u

Maybe this is one of the reasons he’s not papped out and about all the time – he’s always at home. Wasn’t that one of the ‘jokes’ about ISH? That ‘Joaquin’ was a real party animal but Joaquin is a quiet, stay-at-home soul.

sami wrote:
So, I'm talking with a friend and she says that after seeing Joaquin's reaction at the Oscars she wondered why did he go because it looked like he didn't want to be there. We arrived at the conclusion that he didn't have the option not go and that he had the right to express himself the only way he could. By shaking his head.

Like justme, I kind of think Joaquin was shaking his head in connection with the film clip that was shown, but since we’re not Joaquin (or I’m not, anyway Laugh ) we can’t know for sure. Shall we all agree to differ? We know and agree that he didn’t want to be there. We can also be certain, I think, that he didn’t say “I love you….” on camera to anyone either. BigGrin

kitten wrote:
Hi, I was wondering that too why is Joaquin not settled with anyone, so I think Justme posted that quote and Justme I was wondering that too, I have read he want to settle down so I am wondering, hugs Blushing

It could be because of lots of factors, Kitten. Maybe he changed his mind and doesn’t want to settle down any more. Maybe he just prefers the single life; he can concentrate on his work more without having to commit himself to family life. It’s all just speculation really. Maybe he’ll talk about it in an interview some time.

sami wrote:
Other actors like Robert aredford could afford to skip the oscars , maybe they were more consolidated , I'm not sure. But it was aredford who founded the Sundance Festival..

Robert Redford has put his heart and soul into Sundance turning it into a major indie film festival. Does anyone know if any of the films Joaquin has appeared in have shown at Sundance?

Another ‘Hollywood’ actor who set up a film festival to promote independent films is Robert de Niro. Some people reckon he sold out in recent years, just doing bad films for the money. I’ve wondered if he did them to help fund and set up this festival.

Tribeca EnterprisesTribeca Enterprises is a diversified global media company based in New York City. Established in 2003 by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, the company currently operates a network of branded entertainment businesses including the Tribeca Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival International, Tribeca Cinemas and Tribeca Film, a distribution initiative. It also has a strategic partnership with the Tribeca Flashpoint Media Arts Academy. The company’s mission is to provide artists with unique platforms to expand the audience for their works and to broaden the access point for consumers to experience independent film and media. Jonathan Tisch, through Walnut Hill Media, is a minority investor in Tribeca Enterprises and is a member of the Board of Directors.

http://www.tribecafilm.com/about/
http://www.tribecafilm.com/festival/

Offline sami  
#444 Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:07:24 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Joy ,

Thank you so much for all the information! I really enjoyed reading your post. Did it take you a long time to write ? Yesterday it took me about 3 hours to write my posts because I read carefully each one of the previous and thought about what to say and how to say it . Then I lost the message 2 or 3 times I had to type it several times . I can't do this everyday . Today I will just post whatever comes to my mind:

I love the info about the Tribeca festival. I had no idea De Niro is behind it . I watched an interview on Letterman, I didn't know he was so funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpBZg6H4D5E

Regarding our theories about Joaquin's motives.. Well, I see what Justme and you are saying. If this is the case, that he doesn't like watching himself on screen, it means that he probably sees himself in a very critical way and if that's the case he will need to learn that he is wrong. He's not as bad as he thinks, obviously Cool I also would like to say that diversity of opinions is something I cherish. I love to argue with people and to challenge one another. If we all agree all the time it's boring, don't you think?ThumpUp

Edited by user Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:10:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#445 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:09:05 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

What I mean is that it takes time to have a logic conversation with 5 ppl at the same time following this format. I can see Joy is trying to connect everything and I know the effort it takes,.. So not to overwork a few members if people can be more clear when addressing one person or another it would be great. For example write their names, and try to be more precise, that would help the flow me thinks Confused
Offline joy  
#446 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:02:36 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Sami,

I did spend some time on the forum but there were a lot of messages and I was trying to include everyone and not miss anything out. The board was quite slow too.

I think what Sami is saying is that it would be helpful to know which part of the conversation or which post is being responded to: not that you can't join in on anything being discussed unless it's addressed to you. If that makes sense? Justme, I know that you're new to forums and still finding your feet, so please don't be put off. I'm not sure if you or Kitten know how all the function buttons, like quoting specific text or posting images work...do you need a quick tutorial? It's really easy once you know what to do. Smile

sami wrote:
I love the info about the Tribeca festival. I had no idea De Niro is behind it . I watched an interview on Letterman, I didn't know he was so funny:

Haha! Letterman asking De Niro that really long question and getting the reply “yes”. He’s so cool. Hoffman was quite fidgety but De Niro was zen in that chair.

I don’t know if De Niro did the ‘bad’ films for the money to finance the setting up of the Tribeca festival, but imagine if he did….’Hollywood’ would be paying an A-list actor who would then use that money to finance something to promote the kind of films that ‘Hollywood’ doesn’t generally support.

sami wrote:
I also would like to say that diversity of opinions is something I cherish. I love to argue with people and to challenge one another. If we all agree all the time it's boring, don't you think? ThumpUp

Sure Sami. It’s good to discuss things and look at them from different angles and perspectives. I think lively debate where people can express their points of view or opinions without it degenerating into a brawl or slanging match is healthy. I also think it’s nice when people have common ground and are in agreement about things too. It’s about striking a happy medium, I guess.

sami wrote:
Regarding our theories about Joaquin's motives.. Well, I see what Justme and you are saying. If this is the case, that he doesn't like watching himself on screen, it means that he probably sees himself in a very critical way and if that's the case he will need to learn that he is wrong. He's not as bad as he thinks, obviously Cool

Joaquin has spoken a lot recently about how critical he is of his acting and how he needs a lot of direction. I’m wondering… is it a defence mechanism he uses so all the praise doesn’t go to his head or…. that he actually needs the praise but he thinks the only way he can generate it is if he’s negative about himself first. Is it all just an ego trip? Take ISH…brilliant as it is, it was all done for his own gratification. All the brouhaha it created…he got a kick out of all that attention. Do you know what I mean?

I actually do agree with Joaquin in some respects about his acting….

I don't know exactly what I'm after—it's just a feeling that I'm chasing and I don't know what it is. But I think the only way I really get it is by feeling that there's no real control and that there's a certain amount of danger. Otherwise, when I go through a scene over and over, I start going through dialogue, and then I start putting inflections on things and going, like, "Oh, what if I did this?" And it becomes fucking smarty pants thinking he's being clever by doing some shit. But I don't like that actor; I don't like that in myself. I can see that from years ago, like, "You're just making a face and trying to say that you're angry right now and you're shoving that across the fucking screen." It's embarrassing.

http://www.interviewmaga...m/joaquin-phoenix#/page2

There have been times when I’ve watched him acting and I’ve seen that. I’ll cite Ladder 49 as an example, but there are moments in other films too. Not that I’ve seen this all the time in his earlier films - just sometimes. There you go Joaquin. I agree with you. Happy now?

On the other hand, I don’t agree with him about other aspects of his acting talent. Like I've said before: accept, own, give thanks.

Edited by user Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:25:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#447 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:10:30 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

UserPostedImage

I was looking at this pic again and noticed Ben Affleck? poking Amy Adams' arm with his finger. Looks like it's making her giggle. Laugh And I think Joaquin could also be saying "You gotta get me away from here, man! Sue's been stuck to me like glue all day!" Laugh Just being silly.
Offline admin  
#448 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:25:26 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
I was looking at this pic again and noticed Ben Affleck? poking Amy Adams' arm with his finger.

That ain't Ben Afleck! Not sure who it is...?

UserPostedImage

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#449 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:28:36 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Admin Smile

I wasn't sure, hence the question mark after his name. It all the beards again! They're causing too much confusion! Blink

Oh. I wonder if it's AA's husband? Does he look like that?
Offline admin  
#450 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:31:28 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
joy wrote:
Hi Admin Smile

I wasn't sure, hence the question mark after his name. It all the beards again! They're causing too much confusion! Blink

Oh. I wonder if it's AA's husband? Does he look like that?

I don't think so...

UserPostedImage

Similar though! BigGrin

They all look the same these hollywood types! Cursing

Maybe Joaquin and Jeremy thought it was Amy's husband as well? Flapper

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#451 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 1:30:08 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Edited by user Friday, March 22, 2013 10:37:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kitten  
#452 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 3:53:27 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

admin wrote:
joy wrote:
I was looking at this pic again and noticed Ben Affleck? poking Amy Adams' arm with his finger.

That ain't Ben Afleck! Not sure who it is...?

UserPostedImage

he looks so tried, needs a bed, yum Drool Drool Drool
Offline joy  
#453 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 8:14:00 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

That wallpaper is just ....
Offline joy  
#454 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:21:30 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

When Joaquin was nominated for an Oscar for WTL he did some promotional stuff one of which was a photoshoot wearing an Oscar ring. I don't remember all the details now but here's the photo:

Offline kitten  
#455 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 10:52:27 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

When Joaquin was nominated for an Oscar for WTL he did some promotional stuff one of which was a photoshoot wearing an Oscar ring. I don't remember all the details now but here's the photo:

do they get a ring if they win the oscar?   I did not know that, I know they get a gold man, lol, lol,  he looks so hot with a ring on the ring finger,  I am blushing so bad, 

Offline joy  
#456 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:12:53 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Kitten, didn't see you there.

Yes, they do get a gold man if they win the Oscar.  I think the ring was designed by a jeweller in honour of Joaquin's portrayal of Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire and all that, and wasn't anything to do with the Academy. I might be wrong.

Joaquin's sideburns have a grown a bit since this photo was taken, haven't they?

Offline kitten  
#457 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:59:19 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

Hi Kitten, didn't see you there.

Yes, they do get a gold man if they win the Oscar.  I think the ring was designed by a jeweller in honour of Joaquin's portrayal of Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire and all that, and wasn't anything to do with the Academy. I might be wrong.

Joaquin's sideburns have a grown a bit since this photo was taken, haven't they?

I think you are wright,  I love that picture of Joaquin the girl looks like clair danes,  that movie they are in it only love somethng like that they sizzle in that movie,  I will say in WOTN Joaquin and Eva are so hot together,    

I wonder what he is wispering in her ear,  what does anyone think?  

Offline joy  
#458 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:19:25 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

kitten wrote:
I love that picture of Joaquin the girl looks like clair danes,  that movie they are in it only love somethng like that they sizzle in that movie

The film is 'It's All About Love' - do you think they 'sizzle' in that film? I thought they looked a bit cold. Hehe. For some reason, the word 'sizzle' made me laugh. I imagined them in a frying pan  It's the full moon!

I don't know what Joaquin's saying....you have a nice neck? I can see down the back of your blouse? Thank you for my ring, darling? What do you think, Kitten?

Offline justme  
#459 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 4:19:51 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

"Thank you for my ring, darling" ha ha. I can actually picture Joaquin saying it.:)

Offline joy  
#460 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2013 4:44:37 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

justme wrote:

"Thank you for my ring, darling" ha ha. I can actually picture Joaquin saying it.:)

Me too!