JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<1920212223>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#401 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 7:46:35 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

I refuse to see the world through this lenses either pro or con. That's the trick they use to keep in control . Give ppl 2 options : with us or against us . Doesn't matter what "we keep control coz its always about "us" .. " Don't u see ?

Lets choose another option: life is beautiful and we don't need the haters !! I look forward to Her and to Low Life and to more Joaquin !
Offline sami  
#402 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:10:15 AM(UTC)
sami

I officially declare the first edition of The Samies

Here they are :

UserPostedImage

Hey Joaquin just won a gummy bear , the envelope says it ! BigGrin

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2013 10:31:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#403 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:13:52 AM(UTC)
joy

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
sami wrote:
Admin,
Thank you for taking the time to write your summary . It's good to remember where it all started and the critical acclaim it received . The Master got completely shut down .by The Academy for a political reason but it's not as important as we think . Come on ! Look at the Oscar statues they're not even pretty , they look like aliens . Or a sort of golden mummy ? They could as well give a giant gummy bear , lol . They make a big deal and we grew up with it but u start paying attention and you realise that there's a lot of fuss for nothing ! The more importance you give to something the more power it has . I refuse to even acknowledge. If you focus your attention in other things those other things will become more important . I already gave the academy too much of my energy , it was a loss of time.

Well said, Sami! BigGrin

Very good, Admin, and much that I concur with.

I do have a slightly different attitude towards the Oscars. I don’t believe in them and attach no value to them. If we know what kind of organisation the Academy is, and has been for years, even if it had given an Oscar to Joaquin, it would still have been its award. Same goes for the GGs and to a lesser extent, the BAFTAs.

I am extremely proud of Joaquin’s work on The Master. It’s worth more than any award to me. I know Joaquin has said how crap he is at acting and it was all Paul’s doing, but that is plainly bollocks. (Translation for all our non-British viewers: bollocks = bullshit, kind of. Laugh ) I’ll accept it was a symbiotic relationship between actor and director but Paul couldn’t have taught Joaquin how to bring Freddie to life. Joaquin had to have the talent, skill, passion, etc., to do that. I’m thinking of a composer and musician. The composer writes the music score and has a vision in their mind/heart of how the music should sound. Any musician of a level able to read that music could play it. But not all of those musicians could interpret and play the music in such a way that it moves people deeply and touches them. That requires something else other than just being able to read music and play an instrument. It’s the same with Joaquin. He’s the musician to Paul’s composer. Better get that into your head, Joaquin. Accept, own and give thanks for your talent.

admin wrote:
….to reinforce the 9/11 government story to the citizens. Of course, forgetting that the official 9/11 story is a complete nonsense fairytale.

Admin….that's extremely controversial. ThumpUp

Edited by moderator Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:59:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#404 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:17:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Hello Nidia, Smile
Offline joy  
#405 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:25:54 AM(UTC)
joy

sami wrote:
I officially declare the first edition of The Samies

And the nominees are: Joaquin Phoenix, Joaquin Raphael Phoenix, Joaquin R Phoenix, Joaq Phoenix, Whakeen Fenix, Joaqin Phenix.

sami wrote:
Hey Joaquin just won a gummy bear , the envelope says it ! BigGrin

Yay!
Erm....do they make vegetarian/vegan Gummie Bears?
Offline admin  
#406 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 11:22:29 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Is it time to close this thread yet...? BigGrin

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#407 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 1:11:29 PM(UTC)
sami

Hi Admin,
Before you close this I just wanted to say that I agree with everything you say in your summary. I think it's fair and accurate . Yes.
ThumpUp

What I was trying to say b4 is that I refuse to let other people dictate how I live my life.

" Overall, after this awards season, my respect and opinion of Joaquin has gone even higher, and my respect for the whole "awards ceremonies and their voters" has gone even lower, it's nauseating to watch, heaven knows what it's like to be amongst it! "

Those are my feelings exactly !
To me the oscars didn't mean much b4 and even less now but what i cared about was that they had and continue to have a lot of influence over peoples perception of art, considering cinema is an art form. I am very tired of not seeing anything that turns me on . For a while I was in a sort of coma, everything was boring and predictable but then i discovered Joaquin and he wasnt boring. He wasnt prefictable like everybody else. Then I started watching his movies and he actually made me feel *something* . He woke me up from my "coma." I wanted him to win an oscar coz he represents what I like and also most of my values. I wanted him to influence the world . To this end during this past week I have been on twitter promoting Joaquin full time. I neglected my responsibilities , yes, but fuck it, I'll catch up! I have spent an average of 8 h a day tweeting . I even calculated my speed , it was 10t/h lol . I knew he wasn't going to win but at least I did everything I could . I spammed the heck out of twitter w the processing scene video and I was glad to c the Oscar clip showed the processing scene instead of the cell one . I will never know whether I had sth to do with it but that's okay. I did it because it felt right .

Now my perception of the academy has changed . I don't respect them anymore and I am dead serious when I say I'm gonna change my habits because of this. Just now , I wanted to watch a TV show but I said no. I will listen to music instead . I feel like I've become more aware and more responsible after going through this experience .

I will finish with this quote by Joy:

"I am extremely proud of Joaquin’s work on The Master. It’s worth more than any award to me. "

Edited by moderator Monday, February 25, 2013 10:26:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline admin  
#408 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 10:22:40 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Hi Sami,

I think we would notice a huge benefit in a very short space of time if everyone decided to turn the T.V. off for once and do something worthwhile instead! Maybe the same could be send of the internet Blink Well, at least the internet isn't a passive device like a T.V. Cool

I'm glad you personally have turned the awards "disappointment" into something positive! BigGrin It's a good note to close this thread on i think! Time to concerntrate on Joaquin's new movies this year and any other craziness he gets up to Flapper

** I've unlocked the thread again because people still want to discuss the awards ** Cool

Edited by user Monday, March 4, 2013 8:03:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline joy  
#409 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:00:32 AM(UTC)
joy

Since you closed the Oscars thread to posting, Admin, I'm being a bit inventive and putting this photo in here because someone originally posted it on Twitter, apparently.

UserPostedImage

Looks to me like it could be a Jack Vettriano painting...

If pictures could talk...what would this one be saying?

Edited by user Friday, March 1, 2013 8:31:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#410 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 1:29:41 PM(UTC)
sami

UserPostedImage

I will never forget

Edited by user Saturday, March 2, 2013 6:24:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#411 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 7:13:36 PM(UTC)
joy

Thanks for the Low Life pics, Admin. Cool

sami wrote:
UserPostedImage
I will never forget.

Hi Sami,
This gif shows Joaquin's response to his performance as Freddie when it was screened during the Best Actor nominees section of the Oscars. You can see the woman behind him looking towards him and showing her admiration. Rain also. Joaquin is uncomfortable at seeing his performance. Maybe his thoughts were on the filming of the scene and his memories of it. Unsure

Here's the video clip from that part of the show. Joaquin's section is at 2.06 - 2.28
Offline kitten  
#412 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:55:50 AM(UTC)
kitten

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
joy wrote:
Thanks for the Low Life pics, Admin. Cool

sami wrote:
UserPostedImage
I will never forget.

Hi Sami,
This gif shows Joaquin's response to his performance as Freddie when it was screened during the Best Actor nominees section of the Oscars. You can see the woman behind him looking towards him and showing her admiration. Rain also. Joaquin is uncomfortable at seeing his performance. Maybe his thoughts were on the filming of the scene and his memories of it. Unsure

Here's the video clip from that part of the show. Joaquin's section is at 2.06 - 2.28

I know who is that lady, Joaquin was a bit uncomfortable I wondering what Joaquin is doing nowBlushing
Offline joy  
#413 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:00:32 AM(UTC)
joy

I don't know who the lady is....an actress? Unsure

I don't know what Joaquin is doing. He doesn't tell me anything. Hehe.
Offline justme  
#414 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:31:52 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think he's just looking away from the camera. He's said he doesn't like watching himself on screen, so maybe he just didn't want to see his own performance. Or maybe he's just uncomfortable being at the awards ceremonies.
I've got to say, I love how unimpressed he looks by the entire thing. It is pretty amusing, to watch, when everyone takes it so seriously, and Joaquin's just like "Yeah, come on, we know who's going to win." Gotta love Joaquin.Laugh
Offline joy  
#415 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 4:40:40 AM(UTC)
joy

Joaquin didn't want that carrot anyway. Cool
Offline justme  
#416 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:45:04 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
joy wrote:
Since you closed the Oscars thread to posting, Admin, I'm being a bit inventive and putting this photo in here because someone originally posted it on Twitter, apparently.

UserPostedImage

Could be saying anything. Wonder who he's talking to in the black dress? I presume it must be earlier in the day, before the Oscars-there's only a few people there.
Offline joy  
#417 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 8:45:43 AM(UTC)
joy

I really like this picture. I think there's so much to see in it and it is like a painting. It has a look of being posed about it. Even if it wasn't Joaquin I'd still be fascinated. It's a photo of 3 parts all connected by gazes.

I have no idea who the woman in the black dress is. It looks like the smoking area, with all the ashtrays. I think you might be right about the time, Justme...Joaquin was reported to have stormed past all the red carpet stuff. Have you ever been anywhere when things were winding down and you wanted to go home but someone in your group, the driver, say, wanted to finish chatting to someone they'd met and you had to wait for them? I don't think this is what's going on here, but it has that kind of feel to me.
Offline sami  
#418 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 10:08:53 AM(UTC)
sami

Hey Joy, I didn't express my thoughts clearly . I should have said: I will never forget how the best performance in ages didn't get the Oscar and how Joaquin who didn't wanna be there had to anyway to not ruin his career and watch it all. This relationship of Joaquin w Hollywood reminds me that of Beethoven with the aristocracy in the 19th c . I have been reading the music history chapter on romanticism this past week since I don't watch TV now . It's great ! When i have more time I'll copy the quote for you .

Welcome to the forum justme. You sound like u are new here but have been a fan for a while , right ? I agree with you ,Joaquin's reaction is so amusing !
Offline kitten  
#419 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:33:35 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:

UserPostedImage

to me the lady he is talking to looks like Julia Roberts, that what I think, Blushing
Offline kitten  
#420 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:38:01 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

joy wrote:
I really like this picture. I think there's so much to see in it and it is like a painting. It has a look of being posed about it. Even if it wasn't Joaquin I'd still be fascinated. It's a photo of 3 parts all connected by gazes.

I have no idea who the woman in the black dress is. It looks like the smoking area, with all the ashtrays. I think you might be right about the time, Justme...Joaquin was reported to have stormed past all the red carpet stuff. Have you ever been anywhere when things were winding down and you wanted to go home but someone in your group, the driver, say, wanted to finish chatting to someone they'd met and you had to wait for them? I don't think this is what's going on here, but it has that kind of feel to me.

julia roberts?? the lady looks like Julia Drool