JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline theangryusher  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:30:06 AM(UTC)
theangryusher

Groups: Registered

Hey guys! I just wrote a blog article that commends Joaquin Phoenix for his no-BS stance on the Oscars. He is a true artist and doesn't seem to care one way or another if the stodgy old farts at the "academy" want to honor him. Even though I really really liked his performance in The Master, I wanted to focus on how talented he was as a child actor, so we reviewed Russkies (1987). Show Joaquin some love by reading about how awesome we think he is! Check it out!

Joaquin Phoenix, American Hero

Love

Edited by moderator Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:47:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected link.

Sponsor
Good Girls Fake It
Offline sami  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:04:50 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

Nice post angryusher ! I love Russkies as well, the topic still resonates today. I recently found out what American jingoism means and it sure makes a lot of sense. This sense that just because it's American it's better,... plain wrong !
I don't think Joaquin wants to be called a hero. I think he's an individualist, he doesn't
want to change things or make them better, he just follows his own conscience.., that's my impression at least !

In any case, keep up the good work, I will bookmark your blog BigGrin Cool

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 3:48:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline theangryusher  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:59:36 PM(UTC)
theangryusher

Thank you, Sami! We appreciate that.

I think the fact that he doesn't try to be anyone's hero is exactly what makes him heroic to me. He is just such a badass.
Thanks for reading!
Offline sami  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:17:18 PM(UTC)
sami

I see what you're saying! Maybe you're right then! Cool
Offline sami  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:02:33 PM(UTC)
sami

I just wanted to say : fuck the oscars !! Joaquin's gonna go there , go through the whole thing, and he will have to go through the humiliation of being rejected once more, ... It's so unfair, what he did In the master was out of this world ... It's all completely kafkian !

I refuse to watch the oscars or to even talk about it .

Fuck the oscars !

It's complete and utter bullshit !
Offline kitten  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:24:43 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
sami wrote:
I just wanted to say : fuck the oscars !! Joaquin's gonna go there , go through the whole thing, and he will have to go through the humiliation of being rejected once more, ... It's so unfair, what he did In the master was out of this world ... It's all completely kafkian !

I refuse to watch the oscars or to even talk about it .

Fuck the oscars !

It's complete and utter bullshit !

it is total bull shit I agree, I too will not watch the oscars, feel bad that Joaquin will go all through the whole thing for nothingFlapper but he will put him self through that shit have respect and love for him, also feel bad for PT Anderson nothing for him, be worked so hard on the master and nothing for him, sucks.. oh and ben affleck is so much a turn off in my opion, so stuck on himself, love Joaquin seams cool, Love you and hugs Joaquin Love

I think it was nice that daniel day said something about joaquin, but I think if daniel day was not in the race for oscar joaquin would win so it sucks so badMad

oh I love how Joaquin holds hand on the red carpet with the ladies, so hot Love

oh p.s. I know people that will not watch oscar because of the Jp and daniel day shitMellow

Edited by user Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:02:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:56:04 AM(UTC)
sami

kitten wrote:

... but he will put him self through that shit have respect and love for him, also feel bad for PT Anderson nothing for him, be worked so hard on the master and nothing for him, sucks..

Yes, ....

kitten wrote:
oh p.s. I know people that will not watch oscar because of the Jp and daniel day shitMellow

I wanted to show u this article in The Guardian, they are also bored already...

Academy Awards: season's splits pave way for the Mr Potato Head Oscars
The Golden Globes and the guilds have thrown the prospect of a good old-fashioned Oscars sweep out the window
http://www.guardian.co.u...cars-2013-mr-potato-head

Well, at least they stopped talking about 0D30. Thanks god , that would have freaked me out a lot !