JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#61 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:41:32 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Sami,

The main thing i can't get my head around is why people suddenly have such a problem with Joaquin and Sophie. Most people on the forum seemed to be happy that Joaquin was with Heather? What's the difference exactly?

Joaquin hasn't suddenly changed, he's always dated similar girls even before you became a fan... him dating Sophie is "the norm" so to speak. So, if he hasn't changed, why have people's opinions? 

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#62 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:44:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Nice to see you posting Ellie  Our first lunar based member 

Offline sook  
#63 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:55:45 AM(UTC)
sook

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you, Admin.

Yeah, it's great here on the moon. 

I've also noticed people commenting on Joaquin's GFs and behaviour in general. Some poeple claim there is "something wrong" with him, that there has been a "big change" and that he doesn't act like he used to. And those comments are literally everywhere. I don't get it. To me he's acting just like he always has. I don't see anything alarming in his behaviour or in his GFs choices.
Offline kitten  
#64 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:57:37 AM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
ellie wrote:
Hi, I'm Ellie and I'm new here.
I've been reading this forum for a while and I decided to register today.
I just want to point out that it was Topaz, not Liv with whom Joaquin lasted longest.
I agree with those who say that he's just not ready to settle down and now he's focused on a physical aspect of a romance.
Personally, I doubt he will ever settle down and have a family. Some guys are just not made for it. But maybe one day, he'll get tired of the superficiality of his relationships and settle down with someone who has more than just looks.

oh and I also want to add that I think this Sophie girl is sweet. Maybe she'll be able to keep him beside her for a while.

Hi Ellie, welcome

I do agree Topaz was the longest he seen happy with her and still friends , I also agree that he is focused on the sex part of the romance.  I don't think he will marry,  I think SS and Joaquin will keep it causal because she lives in england and new york, if they are even still together?? 

Offline sook  
#65 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:35:16 AM(UTC)
sook

I'd say they're still together because Sophie isn't very active on instagram these days and before she used to post a lot. And I believe she's been staying in LA for a while now.
Offline sook  
#66 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:57:42 AM(UTC)
sook

sami wrote:
What Joaquin cannot do is make a big point of criticizing celebrity culture and Hollywood for its superficial values and then walk around barefoot with a top model 15 years younger than him . Hello ??? So he doesn't like celebrity culture and won't put up with it but all the benefits ( I.e. young hot women ) yes. ++++++ what about those superficial Hollywood values like image ??? Give me a break !! I can't take him seriously anymore . When he goes : " oh poor animals" oh now he's playing the sensitive card . Next moment he turns around he'll play the bad boy card , then the serious actor card.. Doesn't matter if it doesn't add up to him, apparently ..one thing shouldn't be related to another ... Yeah Right ! And to think all these years I believed him !! GRRR

OMG I remember you from IAAJ forum. You asked admins there to delete your account because you were disappointed with Joaquin. And that was like 10 months ago, before we even heard about Heather...
And now I see you're doing the same thing on here...saying that you're leaving and then coming back and saying how much he disappointed you blah blah blah... I don't want to be rude but I don't think it's Joaquin that you have a problem with. It's yourself.
Offline justme  
#67 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:12:30 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
ellie wrote:
Hi, I'm Ellie and I'm new here.
I've been reading this forum for a while and I decided to register today.
I just want to point out that it was Topaz, not Liv with whom Joaquin lasted longest.
I agree with those who say that he's just not ready to settle down and now he's focused on a physical aspect of a romance.
Personally, I doubt he will ever settle down and have a family. Some guys are just not made for it. But maybe one day, he'll get tired of the superficiality of his relationships and settle down with someone who has more than just looks.

oh and I also want to add that I think this Sophie girl is sweet. Maybe she'll be able to keep him beside her for a while.

Sorry I got the Topaz thing wrong! I thought he and Liv were together for three years, though! It's weird because back from about 2000-2005 he was rumoured to be with Topaz yet he was dating a Norwegian model-Ignaz, maybe? Sorry if I've got the name wrong-from 2002-2004. It's weird because she was talking about being with him just after Signs was released and yet Topaz was with him at the premiere..... Anyway, that's why I thought Liv was the longest relationship.

Yeah, I think that Joaquin isn't the type to settle down, maybe. He's said in the past he doesn't want to get married because his career would always come first. Just the way some people are, I guess. To each their own.

Offline justme  
#68 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:15:09 AM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
admin wrote:
Sami,

The main thing i can't get my head around is why people suddenly have such a problem with Joaquin and Sophie. Most people on the forum seemed to be happy that Joaquin was with Heather? What's the difference exactly?

Joaquin hasn't suddenly changed, he's always dated similar girls even before you became a fan... him dating Sophie is "the norm" so to speak. So, if he hasn't changed, why have people's opinions? 

Perhaps it's simply how young Sophie is....I think some people see an inherent step upwards with the age of twenty-five. Under twenty five may therefore seem pretty young. The fact that Sophie is only twenty-three, maybe? Maybe that seems a step too far? It doesn't shock me that much, but maybe for some others, it's just a bit of an issue? I guess it's personal opinion.
Offline joy  
#69 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:37:27 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
justme wrote:
admin wrote:
Sami,

Perhaps it's simply how young Sophie is....I think some people see an inherent step upwards with the age of twenty-five. Under twenty five may therefore seem pretty young. The fact that Sophie is only twenty-three, maybe? Maybe that seems a step too far? It doesn't shock me that much, but maybe for some others, it's just a bit of an issue? I guess it's personal opinion.

I can only speak for myself, but for me, it’s the age thing with SS although I’m not shocked by it. SS has only just turned 23 in January whereas HC was 26 when she was with Joaquin (just turned 27 now) and yes, for me, those 4 years do make a difference. It’s like the difference between a 19 year old and a 23 year old. Or a 14 year old and a 19 year old.

Actually, Admin, Joaquin might have been dating models in their early twenties for years but he was closer to their age than he is now too. He’s approaching 40 but his GFs are staying the same age, so it seems. Does Joaquin still think he’s 21?  I wonder if Joaquin has a cut-off age that he wouldn’t date? How would everyone feel if he was dating a 20 year old? An 18 year old?

I also wonder if this age issue is a problem or not depending on our age? I’m older than Joaquin so I’ve been 23 & 26 & 38 and I know how different I was at all those ages. I had a huge amount of life responsibility thrust upon me when I was 20 and had to grow up very quickly but I was still different at 23 to when I was 26.

You know what…I feel uncomfortable discussing this because actually, we don’t know what the real nature of Joaquin’s relationship with SS is. We’ve seen a couple of sets of candid photos and made up all sorts of things about what’s going on. Or do people actually have the 'inside scoop' on this? Tbh, the first set of photos at the beach, SS’s body language doesn’t look all that to me and the laughing doesn’t seem all that natural to me either. And whilst Joaquin might be one for having casual sex with people he’s just met (I don’t know, I’m just saying for the argument) is SS? She might see some value in having her name linked with Joaquin in terms of her career and media exposure but other than that…..?

Admin, as our resident fella, what do you think about Joaquin dating a 23 year old? Or any guy aged 38 dating a 23 year old, for that matter? Do guys go just for the looks?

Offline sook  
#70 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:49:24 AM(UTC)
sook

I'm not Admin, but I want to address one issue here.
If SS wanted her name linked with Joaquin, she'd be tweeting about them, just like Aria did.
And she's not. Someone asked her about Joaquin on twitter and she ignored it. Also Daily Mail asked her representatives to confirm if that was her in the first set of candids, and they didn't.
I know some may think she is with him for publicity, but I seriously don't think so. She's been very quite about the relationship.
Also,  their body language looks just fine to me.

wait a second...Admin is a guy?
Offline joy  
#71 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:08:04 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for the info. How do you know the Daily Mail asked her representatives?

I take your point that SS might not want the publicity, but could this be because she has been 'advised' against being with Joaquin? Or just that she wants to keep it private? Which is fair enough, I suppose; although Joaquin is an A-list Hollywood actor who, prior to this, had been all over the shop, news-wise, with the Oscars and so on and is still news-worthy, if you know what I mean.

The body language...her arm being held across her chest all through mostly.

Yes, Admin is a fella. Well, he said he was.

Offline admin  
#72 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:08:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Admin, as our resident fella, what do you think about Joaquin dating a 23 year old? Or any guy aged 38 dating a 23 year old, for that matter? Do guys go just for the looks?

Hmmm, i guess the age difference makes sharing some past experiences more difficult, e.g. reminiscing about the 70s, 80s or 90s etc.  I don't think guys go just for looks, but looks are usually required for an initial attraction?  But apart from difficulty in finding common interests because of interests that come with age... i don't think there are many other problems that spring to mind? Isn't there some silly formula, something along the lines of: take a guys age (38) divide by 2 and add 7 years = 26 years old and that equals the idea woman's age to date? (So, about right for Joaquin and the women he dates?) Something crazy like that.  Oh, here it is:

Maybe Joaquin is trying to find his own formula 

ellie wrote:
wait a second...Admin is a guy?

Mr Admin 

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:49:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#73 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:12:28 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Admin said :

"Sami,

Joaquin hasn't suddenly changed, he's always dated similar girls even before you became a fan... him dating Sophie is "the norm" so to speak. So, if he hasn't changed, why have people's opinions?"

Hi Admin,
First of all, I became a fan of Joaquin because of the Letterman interview. I didn't know anything about him b4.
I saw the interview and I really liked it, he gave the same exact responses I was hoping some1 would give him someday because I don't like how predictable and silly he was, and how he expected the celebs to always be funny and entertaining instead of really discussing the movies they were there to promote.  Well, Joaquin was so rare and so brilliant. I instantly loved him. But I loved him for his mind , not for his looks . After that I started checking his work.

This is to say that I am a very different fan than another that perhaps loved him in Gladiator or Johny Cash. My first attraction to him was never physical. I wanted to know him because of his mind .

This being said, when I  saw the pictures with Aria back then I was shocked. I was completely in shock and awe. How could a mature, sophisticated man like him be dating a girl that looked like a highschool teeange? They look so weird together.. I had to rub my eyes. I just couldn't believe it..

Then with Heather, I was completely in shock and very disappointed as well. You may recall my reaction here.. if I haven't deleted it its' still there. I think I said something in the lines of : "this is like a punch in the stomach" But I end up getting used to her and accpeting  her because she seemed a smart person.

Now, this with Sophie , even if it's just a fling.. I just can't .. it's too much. the thing is that all these time I have ex[pected him to change. You think it's temporary. Yes, I'm a bitch and I kick his ass , but it's because I love him, don't you see? I really like him and I think I have to kick his ass because if I don't nobody will do it. as it seems I'm one of the few fans with common sense and enough strenghth to confront him. I would say everything to his face. I'm not afraid. I don;t go behind people. If I say it here is because I hope he will read it at some point.

so yes, I still have hope not so much for change, but that he will realise how much of a ridicule he is doing because the problem is that he doesn't  see himself and it reflects with the choices he makes.

(Post edit: Sorry , the order of the paragraphs was flipped. Just fixed it)

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:32:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#74 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:24:48 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

ellie wrote:
sami wrote:
What Joaquin cannot do is make a big point of criticizing celebrity culture and Hollywood for its superficial values and then walk around barefoot with a top model 15 years younger than him . Hello ??? So he doesn't like celebrity culture and won't put up with it but all the benefits ( I.e. young hot women ) yes. ++++++ what about those superficial Hollywood values like image ??? Give me a break !! I can't take him seriously anymore . When he goes : " oh poor animals" oh now he's playing the sensitive card . Next moment he turns around he'll play the bad boy card , then the serious actor card.. Doesn't matter if it doesn't add up to him, apparently ..one thing shouldn't be related to another ... Yeah Right ! And to think all these years I believed him !! GRRR

OMG I remember you from IAAJ forum. You asked admins there to delete your account because you were disappointed with Joaquin. And that was like 10 months ago, before we even heard about Heather...
And now I see you're doing the same thing on here...saying that you're leaving and then coming back and saying how much he disappointed you blah blah blah... I don't want to be rude but I don't think it's Joaquin that you have a problem with. It's yourself.

Hi  "Ellie"

I'm sorry but I don't know who you are. I have never met any Ellie in real or virtual world and you don't come accross as some1 genuine to me. Ok, you "know" me, but I don't know you. So whenever you have the courtsey to properly introduce yourself I will maybe reaspond to your post.

Edited by user Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:53:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sook  
#75 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:33:42 AM(UTC)
sook

joy wrote:

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for the info. How do you know the Daily Mail asked her representatives?

I take your point that SS might not want the publicity, but could this be because she has been 'advised' against being with Joaquin? Or just that she wants to keep it private? Which is fair enough, I suppose; although Joaquin is an A-list Hollywood actor who, prior to this, had been all over the shop, news-wise, with the Oscars and so on and is still news-worthy, if you know what I mean.

The body language...her arm being held across her chest all through mostly.

Yes, Admin is a fella. Well, he said he was.

Well, Daily Mail article stated that they contacted her representatives for a confirmation but got no reply. As for her arm across her chest...what else was she supposed to do with it? If she hadn't folded it, she'd have hit him in the crotch and if she had wrapped it around him, they'd have had difficulty walking...
Offline joy  
#76 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:42:43 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Still looks awkward to me, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Do you have a link to the Daily Mail article?

Why do you think SS is keeping quiet?

Offline sook  
#77 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:48:20 PM(UTC)
sook

Here's the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2292478/Joaquin-Phoenixs-girlfriend-double-Scruffy-actor-gets-cosy-attractive-doppelganger-blonde--NOT-Heather-Christie.html

Why do I think SS is keeping quite about them? Isn't it obvious? Because she doesn't want to freak him out and piss him off, because she knows how private he is, and that can only mean ONE thing: she cares about HIM and not possible profits that this relationship could bring. She's not capitalizing on this romance.

As for body language: I always thought Heather and Joaquin's body language was off. And still they were together for a year...SS and JP look more comfortable to me, but that's just a personal opinion. Like you said, we''ll have to agree to disagree.
kisses

Edited by moderator Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:09:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Made link clickable

Offline kitten  
#78 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:59:47 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

ellie wrote:
Here's the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2292478/Joaquin-Phoenixs-girlfriend-double-Scruffy-actor-gets-cosy-attractive-doppelganger-blonde--NOT-Heather-Christie.html

Why do I think SS is keeping quite about them? Isn't it obvious? Because she doesn't want to freak him out and piss him off, because she knows how private he is, and that can only mean ONE thing: she cares about HIM and not possible profits that this relationship could bring. She's not capitalizing on this romance.

As for body language: I always thought Heather and Joaquin's body language was off. And still they were together for a year...SS and JP look more comfortable to me, but that's just a personal opinion. Like you said, we''ll have to agree to disagree.
kisses

I read that Joaquin and Heather were together for more than a year, someone I know is on Rain twetter and Heather has been on there for about two years,  but I think SS and JP are done that what they are posting on JPcentral forum,  and today she is at a photo shoot,  with some other models    

Edited by moderator Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:10:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Made link clickable

Offline sook  
#79 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:11:51 PM(UTC)
sook

kitten wrote:
ellie wrote:
Here's the link:

kisses

I read that Joaquin and Heather were together for more than a year, someone I know is on Rain twetter and Heather has been on there for about two years,  but I think SS and JP are done that what they are posting on JPcentral forum,  and today she is at a photo shoot,  with some other models    

It was just a rumour. SS didn't post ANYTHING on Wednesday...and she ALWAYS posts about her job and meeting friends...I think it's safe to say they're still together and they spent that Wednesday in each other's company...
As for a photoshoot tomorrow..hello?? it's her JOB. She can't just spend all days in bed with Joaquin. Well, I would, but I'm not an active model.

Edited by moderator Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:11:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Made link clickable

Offline kitten  
#80 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:31:00 PM(UTC)
kitten

Woman
United States

ellie wrote:
kitten wrote:
ellie wrote:
Here's the link:

kisses

It was just a rumour. SS didn't post ANYTHING on Wednesday...and she ALWAYS posts about her job and meeting friends...I think it's safe to say they're still together and they spent that Wednesday in each other's company...
As for a photoshoot tomorrow..hello?? it's her JOB. She can't just spend all days in bed with Joaquin. Well, I would, but I'm not an active model.

lol, lol, I would too.   the picture of Joaquin and SS when he has his arm arould her looked very sexy to me., on JP central posting that the are done,  that JP is rude and all that rubbish,  I did read once that JP likes to be lazy in bed, how hot is that??

Edited by moderator Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:12:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Made link clickable