JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline admin  
#41 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:41:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Her has lost out to American Hustle for the "Best Picture - Comedy Or Musical" Golden Globe 

At least Her got recognized at the Golden Globes with a Best Screenplay award!  Well deserved Spike, Her is a great movie! 

At least it's a dead-cert that Joaquin will be back at the Golden Globes next year for Inherent Vice! 

Edited by user Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:04:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 1:02:56 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Well, that's it for the Golden Globes this year... great to see Joaquin in a playful and joyous mood! 

... now on to the Oscars! We should find out soon if Joaquin and/or Her are nominated!
Offline joy  
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:57:07 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:
I got a rare picture of Joaquin smiling at an awards ceremony! 

He was laughing at the ceremony last year too, remember? 

That cardigan sneakers combo seems to be his uniform these days.

Hard cheese that Joaquin didn't win (not that he cares) but well done to Spike Jonze.  

Looking forward to seeing 'Her' - let you know when I've seen it. 

News Photo: Actor Joaquin Phoenix attends the 71st Annual Golden…

Offline admin  
#44 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 5:20:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Joy, hope you managed to get enough sleep in the end! 

How's about this for a lovely photo: 

I bet Joaquin and Spike end up working together again! 

Edited by user Monday, January 13, 2014 5:31:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline joy  
#45 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 7:28:54 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

I got some sleep - not really enough, but I've had a really productive day, so I'm happy enough. 

Yes, that's a great photo! It would be a good one for a caption competition.

Joaquin & Bradley Cooper (apparently).

Embedded image permalink

ps: I meant to ask: where/how did you get the smiling Joaquin photos from, Admin? The one's you've tagged. Were you at the GGs?

Offline joy  
#46 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 7:35:28 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Where's Joaquin??

@.11??

@1.19?? (mid-line extreme left). 

Do you think Emma Thompson might have been on the sauce? Haha. Love her. 

Edited by moderator Monday, January 13, 2014 7:52:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed stuff! :-)

Offline admin  
#47 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 7:36:18 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:

Yeah, and that's Jim Carrey on the left too! 

joy wrote:
ps: I meant to ask: where/how did you get the smiling Joaquin photos from, Admin? The one's you've tagged. Were you at the GGs?

No Joy... it was from the TV  I wouldn't be seen dead at the Golden Globes! The Academy Awards on the other hand... 
Offline joy  
#48 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 7:47:06 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
joy wrote:

Yeah, and that's Jim Carrey on the left too! 

Joaquin knows all the cool people! Did JC have his wings & feet on?

admin wrote:
No Joy... it was from the TV  I wouldn't be seen dead at the Golden Globes! The Academy Awards on the other hand... 

Haha, you're funny, Admin. 

Offline joy  
#49 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 7:49:58 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Haha.  Wtf!? The freakin' video has appeared now!  It wasn't there before!  

Offline admin  
#50 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 7:55:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Haha.  Wtf!? The freakin' video has appeared now!  It wasn't there before!  

Yeah Joy, you embedded it correctly (i tidied the post up anyway)... i think there is a small bug with the forum software in that embedded videos doesn't show up to the person who posted it the first time after it is posted, if the person then refreshes the page it's fine. Nothing to worry about as it appears fine to other users straight away! Bloody 'puters! 

This forum is as temperamental and unpredictable as Joaquin himself 
Offline joy  
#51 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 8:04:05 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Okaaay.

Sooo. Where's Joaquin when Spike is announced as the winner of the GG for Best Screenplay & then when he goes to the stage to collect his award? As seen in the above video...

Offline admin  
#52 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 8:11:24 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Sooo. Where's Joaquin when Spike is announced as the winner of the GG for Best Screenplay & then when he goes to the stage to collect his award? As seen in the above video...

You probably already know the answer Joy! 

Joaquin should have gone electrical like Leo did:

Offline joy  
#53 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 8:33:33 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:

You probably already know the answer Joy! 

Joaquin should have gone electrical like Leo did:

Well, he could have chosen some other time to go for a smoke! Or maybe he needed the loo. Whatever, it's a shame he wasn't there for Spike's moment. Or was he? Maybe he was watching from the back of the room somewhere.  Give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Offline admin  
#54 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 8:50:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

joy wrote:
Give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, we can only speculate... maybe he went to get his camera to capture the moment! 

I don't think Spike minded either way, he gave much love later on judging by the kiss Joaquin got from Spike. 
Offline admin  
#55 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 10:24:43 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

With Joaquin Phoenix and Bart at Golden Globes

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#56 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 4:13:44 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello, girls, just come to practice a little conversation with you and post my opinion about Golden Globes!
First of all, Joaquin had the looked I prefer... with beard... I love men with beard! Second, I think Leo Di Caprio is a great actor, but Joaquin too. I don't think he were angry with Leo as some articles of press suggested bu,t of course, he maight was dissapointed...
In other hand, about your speculation on the question where Joaquin was when Spike was announced, I'm going to speculate much more than you all... I have read a comment of a girl who says that she has the contact with Allie Teilz by internet, Joaquin's girlfriend, and it seems that she was there with him despite she doesn't appears in photos... she was wearing a suit, the girl said. So if she couldn't be sat down with him in the table, he might was with her in other place...

Don't know why she couldn't walk the red carpet with him... maybe because this kind of events are very strics with clothing and style, etc... and she looks like atypical girl wearing suit like a man...

So, I'm really sorry because Joaquin didn't win, but to me a prize is nothing... Joaquin Phoenix is either an atypical person, and I'm sure this kind of things count on the final decission ... he is like an anti hollywood...

And do you know what, this part of him is the best... being atypical and anti hollywood.

Well girls, finally I will become a Joaquin Phoenix fan ... then of reading so much about him here and other articles I think the guy is really atractive! See you in other moment!
Offline justme  
#57 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2014 10:38:45 PM(UTC)
justme

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Hey! I think you can only take one person to the awards-so maybe she met up with him afterwards or something. I think with all the paparazzi there at the awards, we'd have gotten at least one picture of her!

I thought the awards were good. I was surprised at Dicaprio's win-though I like him as an actor, there's been a lot of controversy over Wolf of Wall Street, so I was kind of surprised. Anyway, he was nice and gracious in his awards speech and I loved Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

I thought Joaquin took the joke about him at the start pretty well, and his mom certainly didn't seem to mind! There's been a lot of stuff on the Net about how Joaquin looked disappointed when he didn't win, which I think doesn't apply at all. I thought he gave Leo a smile and seemed perfectly fine-given his feelings on awards ceremonies, I don't think it would bother him. But there's a load of people talking about how he was "stony-faced." I thought he just had on his normal expression, myself.

Anyway, it was good to see Spike Jonze get the Golden Globe for the screen writing, which I think he deserved! Apparently, Rain turned up after the ceremony-she put a photo on Twitter with her and her mother the same night, so maybe she turned up to see them! So, I don't think Joaquin will have been heartbroken over not winning. Now to see if he gets an Oscar nom on Thursday!

#58 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 5:30:38 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

The spanish articles about Golden Globes are more into gossip... and tell this stories...
Spike Jonze enclosed Joaquin and Amy Adams in a room in order to get they talk to each other... There is an australian blonde girl whose name i don't remember who swear Joaquin with beard is her type... even thought she fantasied with the idea if he had a tatoo... this girl is even worse than me... and to conclude ... gossyp from english reports... Joaquin, his mother n girlfriend were invited to a post party organized by PDaddy... Joaquin and girl danced and loved each other in the floor while people like me bored at home studying hard and resign commenting the match
Offline sami  
#59 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 2:00:18 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

I was surprised to see that he had been nominated for best actor in comedy / musical . I thought the movie was more on the dramatic side with some funny moments ! If you had to judge his performance for how funny it was you probably would miss the rest nuances that make his performance so special and endearing to watch.

But all l care about is that Joaquin takes good care of himself and that he continues to act . The rest is not important to me or others just himself , ultimately the one who accepts the consequences of his acts. The same I do and everybody else does w their own life.

I'm getting so serious and it's because I'm getting old , age helps you cut through the BS. Less time to loose baby !
#60 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 3:48:42 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

sami wrote:
I was surprised to see that he had been nominated for best actor in comedy / musical . I thought the movie was more on the dramatic side with some funny moments ! If you had to judge his performance for how funny it was you probably would miss the rest nuances that make his performance so special and endearing to watch.

But all l care about is that Joaquin takes good care of himself and that he continues to act . The rest is not important to me or others just himself , ultimately the one who accepts the consequences of his acts. The same I do and everybody else does w their own life.

I'm getting so serious and it's because I'm getting old , age helps you cut through the BS. Less time to loose baby !

It's true, I was thinking more in a drama... and about the rest... my comment is a joke about I was having a break in my daily routine reading about other lifes...