JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#81 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 9:28:50 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

Beautiful!  Why were you worried? I really think that this kind of events are influenced by other kind of factors, so far from the quality... I can't believe that Mathew Mcconaughey got a nomination while Joaquin Phoenix not. 
But as I said before, Joaquin might has a profile or personality that it doesn't like too much to the members of Academy... this kind of thingsare taken into account...
Her is a kind of movie very daring and OSCAR is in my point of view very conservative...
I'm very interested on watch it!

Many kisses honeys, my language interchange has abandoned me... 9 hours of difference is a great trouble!!!  

Last year he was nominated for The Master but he didn't win. This year he wasn't even nominated.
I was watching this clip of the final scene the other day in Russian, just to watch their faces. Can you believe neither of them won an oscar? It's too funny or too sad? I don't care !
Offline admin  
#82 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 10:32:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
Looks like CNN International have balls'd up (no surprise there! ). They seem to think Joaquin has been nominated for an Oscar this year (probably just accidentally released a pre-prepared video on their official channel).

Amazing how incompetent these big media outlets have become.  Did they ever have any credibility? 

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2014 11:15:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline sami  
#83 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 11:12:20 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Admin, The video is not available in my country ! In any case, ... I kinda like this mistake 

Oscar Nominations 2014 Snubs and Surprises: Julia-Louis Dreyfus, Joaquin Phoenix, Other Stars, Films Overlooked

Not everyone in Hollywood woke up to good news early Thursday, Jan. 16. As the nominations for the 2014 Academy Awards were announced just before 6 a.m. Los Angeles time, frontrunner-contender films like Gravity, American Hustle and 12 Years a Slave -- and stars like Jennifer LawrenceSandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey and more -- were named on this year's ballots for the early March Oscars. Still, a fair amount of 2013's most acclaimed and talked-about films and actors were snubbed and overlooked.

Spike Jonze' flick Her -- hailed by some critics as the best film of 2013 -- was named among the Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay nominees, but it failed to garner nods for director Jonze or its celebrated star, Joaquin Phoenix. Another critical darling of 2013, folk-music saga Inside Llewyn Davis, directed by American auteurs the Coen Brothers, nabbed just two nominations total in Sound Mixing and Cinematography, with breakout star Oscar Isaac's work ignored.

In her first major film role in decades, TV star Julia Louis-Dreyfus has been applauded for her work in Enough Said, with nearly universal praise as well for the film (directed and written by Nicole Holofcener), which also featuring a revelatory final performance by the late James GandolfiniEnough Said received no nominations. Beloved Hollywood veteran Robert Redford -- who has won a directing Oscar and a Lifetime Achievement Oscar, but no individual acting trophies -- was denied a nod for his acclaimed, stark work in All Is Lost.

This year, perennial Oscar fave (and two-time winner) Tom Hanks was overlooked for his performances in both Captain Philips (a Best Picture contender) and Saving Mr. Banks. Hanks' Saving Mr. Banks costar and previous Oscar winner Emma Thompson was likewise shut out.

Two talked-about films may have suffered from earlier-in-the-year releases: Fruitvale Station (featuring an astonishing turn by relative newcomer Michael B. Jordan) and Lee Daniels' The Butler, which included standout work from Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey.

Even with those snubs, there were a few happy surprises as well: former Best Actress nominee Sally Hawkins finds herself in the Best Supporting category for her performance opposite Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine, and Jonah Hill, as well, grabbed an unexpected Best Supporting nod for his Wolf of Wall Street turn. Although she already has an Oscar on her mantel, Dame Judi Dench wasn't guaranteed a slot in the Best Actress in a Leading Role category -- but the Brit nabbed one, this time for Philomena.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/oscar-nominations-2014-snubs-and-surprises-julia-louis-dreyfus-joaquin-phoenix-other-stars-films-overlooked-2014161#ixzz2qiAWd0fz 

Joaquin, you're not alone. We love you !!!

Offline Ex-Fedupandstressed  
#84 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 4:37:01 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
sami wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:

So...  you are male... what a discovership....

You just created a new word: discover-ship or discovership as in scholarship but more on the discovery, adventure side ! I love it!

Now, let's see where Joaquin Phoenix discover_ship takes us next. 

It's the result to write without wordreference help... but please can you tell me the meaning of the new word I invented... My teacher told me yesterday that I sometimes speak English in Spanish, because I say the sentences in the same order than I do in Spanish...

#85 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 4:45:52 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:

sami wrote:
I came across this joke a while ago and I was waiting for the perfect excuse to use it. Here we go:

403 Permission Denied

You do not have permission for this request /WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Bliss.jpg

Fedupandstressed wrote:
So...  you are male... what a discovership

Yes, Admin's a bloke and although he admires Joaquin, he's in love with Scarlett Johannson.  

fedupandstressed wrote:
I like this cardigan! I think he was perfect breaking the clothes rules...

Joaquin will be smoking a pipe & wearing slippers next. 

Thank you for the new vocabulary (bloke), I had my notebook ready!!!

We could open a new topic with slippers style... look at this

#86 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 4:53:16 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

admin wrote:
Looks like CNN International have balls'd up (no surprise there! ). They seem to think Joaquin has been nominated for an Oscar this year (probably just accidentally released a pre-prepared video on their official channel).

Amazing how incompetent these big media outlets have become.  Did they ever have any credibility? 

But they mentioned Her at least because here in the Spanish news... not even mention Her, or the fact that Joaquin Phoenix were one of the favourites...  Considering that he has a Spanish name... Spain should pay more attention to Joaquin Phoenix
Offline sami  
#87 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:08:55 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

I love the slippers 

Now I was imagining how funny it would be if Joaquin showed up in his PJ's to the red carpet !
Joaquin: "Hey, what's up? How's it going ?" 
... "What? Why are you all looking at me? Is there something wrong?"

Offline sami  
#88 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:34:19 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:
sami wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:

So...  you are male... what a discovership....

You just created a new word: discover-ship or discovership as in scholarship but more on the discovery, adventure side ! I love it!

Now, let's see where Joaquin Phoenix discover_ship takes us next. 

It's the result to write without wordreference help... but please can you tell me the meaning of the new word I invented... My teacher told me yesterday that I sometimes speak English in Spanish, because I say the sentences in the same order than I do in Spanish...

It's pretty normal. Everybody that learns a new language uses their own as a reference point. Only babies who can't speak absorve languages from scratch . So, you're doing well.
The new word you invented , I love it. To me it sounds like a ship to discover new worlds.
Offline joy  
#89 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:13:08 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 31 post(s)
admin wrote:
I have no idea what this conversation you're having is all about...  I am but a simple man without the necessary intellect to decipher you ladies 

sami wrote:
joy wrote:

sami wrote:
I came across this joke a while ago and I was waiting for the perfect excuse to use it. Here we go:

403 Permission Denied

You do not have permission for this request /WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Bliss.jpg

ugh,I'm having trouble tonight! try this link : http://postimg.org/image/b9lxrmh6f/

Yes, that link works, but I don't get how that applies to Admin's statement. I'm just a simple woman. Haha. 

Offline joy  
#90 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:16:19 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

admin wrote:
Did they ever have any credibility? 

I think they were just speculating that Joaquin would be nominated for an Oscar and speculating that that scene would be the one to speculatively clinch him the Oscar. I'm just speculating on that though. Haha.

Offline joy  
#91 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:40:35 AM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

Thank you for the new vocabulary (bloke), I had my notebook ready!!!

Well, you provided us with a new word (discovership) so it's the least I could do. Haha.  'Bloke' is a colloquial word though so it's probably best not to use it in formal English grammar essays if you ever have to write any of those. 

Those slippers are cool. I think these would suit Joaquin too..

Haha. Vegan and adult versions, obviously.

Holiday idea for Joaquin..

Cardigan Bay

Offline sami  
#92 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:34:01 PM(UTC)
sami

Groups:

joy wrote:

Yes, that link works, but I don't get how that applies to Admin's statement. I'm just a simple woman. Haha. 

Oh, no prob, it's just a silly joke!
I thought it was a standard clique , one of those things we can all joke about, but whatever.
Such pretty sights up there :)

Edited by user Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:39:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#93 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:51:37 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:
Well, you provided us with a new word (discovership) so it's the least I could do. Haha.  'Bloke' is a colloquial word though so it's probably best not to use it in formal English grammar essays if you ever have to write any of those. 

Those slippers are cool. I think these would suit Joaquin too..

Haha. Vegan and adult versions, obviously.

And now we have to look for the rest of the clothes!!!!

Edited by moderator Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:39:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote tags.

#94 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:00:33 PM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:

Holiday idea for Joaquin..

Cardigan Bay

My Holiday idea is:

Seville!

Edited by moderator Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:40:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed quote tags.

Offline joy  
#95 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:55:30 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

How about this? 

Perfect! 

Offline joy  
#96 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:57:38 PM(UTC)
joy

Groups:

Fedupandstressed wrote:

My Holiday idea is:

Seville!

Beautiful!!

Seville's the orange city, isn't it? 

#97 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:09:09 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Mmmm Orange City??? It's the first time that I hear it... But is it because of the light or because of our great production of oranges... the most of bitter oranges which are used in Europe to make marmalade come from Seville...

#98 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:25:47 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

joy wrote:
Fedupandstressed wrote:

How about this? 

Perfect! 

He should use this kind of events to support just causes and reclaim for social and civil rights... so this t-shirt to reclaim the right of everybody to have a home... would be an excellent idea!

#99 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:30:11 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

Or this other to reclaim that government invest more in Science and less in wars!!

I can send him both!!!
#100 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:33:41 AM(UTC)
Ex-Fedupandstressed

Woman

And if he feels cold...

Public School of everybody and for everybody!!!