JoaquinPhoenix.com - The place for Joaquin Phoenix fans
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<1011121314>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sami  
#221 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 8:11:52 AM(UTC)
sami

Groups: Guests

the video is not available in my country !
Offline NicollettaCC  
#222 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 9:15:33 AM(UTC)
NicollettaCC

Groups: Registered

Check out Joaquin's Top 10 Roles here:

http://thecelebritycafe....10-joaquin-phoenix-roles
Offline sami  
#223 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 11:47:23 AM(UTC)
sami

Hi Nicoletta,

This is a beautiful article. Thanks for sharing !

There is one role missing though.. Two Lovers! I would have put it on number 3 .
Offline admin  
#224 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:39:40 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 579 time(s) in 410 post(s)
sami wrote:
the video is not available in my country !

Should be OK now?
admin @ joaquinphoenix.com
Offline admin  
#225 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:59:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

There are now a few video reviews of The Master by people who has seen the movie. This is one of the better ones:
Offline sami  
#226 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 1:36:20 PM(UTC)
sami

Hallo again AdmInLaugh

Thanks for fixing the trailer . I Can see it now. The comments of the YouTube video are great. This guy is awesome.His comments are very useful. I wonder about it being repetitive on the monologues.. Hmm I saw Punch Drunk Love didn't find it slow , I will have to see it for myself. I count on watching it several times BigGrin

I haven't booked my ticket yet. Tomorrow I will look into it. I hope it's not sold out yet Mellow

Thanks again for the videos !
Offline admin  
#227 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:39:56 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I hope you manage to get your ticket for The Master OK. I guess there is a chance that it will sell out for the first couple of days of it's showing nationwide (or you may have to settle for a crappy seat in the theatre)? And especially with all the praise it has been getting in the press.

I read a lot of people are seeing the movie for the second or third time. So even though it may not be popular with everyone, there definitely is a strong core group of fans of the movie (or Paul Thomas Anderson's movie in general) who are more than willing to pay for repeat viewings.

Don't forget to let us know what you thought of the movie after you saw it! Cool It'll be a while yet before i get to see it i think.
Offline sami  
#228 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:48:17 AM(UTC)
sami

Hi Admin,

I just bought the ticket !!! I have never been so excited to watch a movie before !! I got the ticket for Friday at 6.30 in 70mm. The theater will show in 70mm for the first 3 weeks , that's great!
I called earlier today to ask if it was sold out yet . They told me exactly what you're saying , it hasn't sold out yet but chances are it will closer to the date.

I'm sorry you have to wait for a while ! That must hurt a bit! I will share with you everything.. I will try to make a clip w/ cell phone so you get the taste ;-)

Offline sami  
#229 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 10:19:02 AM(UTC)
sami

I just saw the movie !!
I got there 30 minutes early and there was a long line of people. I was worried I couldn't get a good sit . Luckily it paid off to get there in advance. At around showing time the room was filled in. We had a introduction and everybody was very excited . For the next session there was a long line of people waiting . I guess it sold out too.

I don't know what to say about it.. Because I just saw it . Joaquin's face is on my mind. There were times when I just wanted the movie to freeze in that particular moment and stay there soaking it all in. It's very intense. It's not an action movie don't expect too many "fireworks". It's not Joaquin out if control all the time. It's more of a love story but there's much more to it ! Joaquin character has so many layers and he is amazing doing it. I don't know how he did it. At the end I cried .. It has many funny moments too !

I was worried the soundtrack would cover the dialogues but it didn't . There is a part with string clusters, it fits so nicely.

The image was gorgeous but again I just was absorbed by the story ! I will need a 2nd screening.

I am afraid to reveal too much. I can't wait for you to see it so we can talk about it !

Feel free to ask me any questions !!

Edited by user Friday, September 21, 2012 11:02:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sami  
#230 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 11:07:07 AM(UTC)
sami

Oh , btw, during presentation the movie theater told us that Hollywood is getting rid of the 35mm format and that by 2013 all movie theaters will have to change to digital. Aparently digital is cheaper because there is no cost of transportation .
Offline admin  
#231 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 5:14:32 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Sami,

Thanks for the great feedback, it's good to hear your initial immediate thoughts on the film while they are still fresh in your mind!Cool And good to hear that it was a sellout. If it does well commercially then we get to see more of these types of films rather than the usual generic "blockbuster action type".

It'll be interesting to see if you still feel the same way after a few days of letting it sink in and/or after seeing it again?

Did you feel that most people in the theatre enjoyed it too? From reading the twitter posts it seem to be a "love it or hate it" film? (Which is pretty much the case with There will be blood also).

Do you think it's Joaquin's best performance to date?

Here's look forward to the box office numbers for the weekend.
Offline sami  
#232 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:12:35 AM(UTC)
sami

Hi.
Thank you admin . I wanted to write down my first impressions before I forgot. Other strong feelings arised that are too personal to write here.  I dont feel proud of it but I just yelled at a person who was annoying me and she said next time she would call the cops.  It had a physical effect. Like watching Tarantino. Don't u feel more violent after watching Tarantino?

I think most people enjoyed it . There were few ppl leaving in the middle which surprised me .. At the end there weren't as much clapping as you'd expect. Perhaps its bec PTA did whatever he wanted, he wasn't manipulating the audience to "give them a ride"  

Joaquin  is Freddy Quell, from beginning to end. His transformation is so complete, yes This is the  performance of his career  and it deserves an Oscar . You will see, there are scenes where you feel like something  extraordinary is happening. JP's performance should be talked about for  a while and never forgotten ! 

PSH--  Now I know why the Venice prize was split between the two . Nuff said !

Offline admin  
#233 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:24:04 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sami, yes movies can have a strong emotional effect on people, that's for sure Cursing

Glad to hear Joaquin's performance in the movie was top-notch.

Now it's been a couple of days since you saw The Master, do you still feel the same way about the movie. Do you plan on seeing it again soon?
Offline sami  
#234 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:06:19 AM(UTC)
sami

Admin,

We have been talking about this movie for so long that when I went to see it I had a picture in my mind of how it would be.The movie has some elements of what I expected but some other things that surprised me. The first scenes are disturbing, and you think it's insane and then you just end up getting into the logic of insanity. I hope I don't spoil it too much now !! Joaquin is not just top notch he is so fucking amazing. No prize can match this performance in my opinion.The best of the movie is Joaquin and Philip's performance. It's just excellent. Perfect, amazing. We're just not used to this level of quality anymore.

The movie .. I think it must be something with the arch of the movie.. where the climaxes are, I don't know, ..

I want to see it again, yes, to have a more rational reaction to it this time and enjoy it in a different way. When I just saw it my mind was blank for a while. This movie will make you want to have sex like an animal and get mad and destroy things too !!

Oops, noooooo, I didn't say that !!!LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Offline sami  
#235 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:59:26 AM(UTC)
sami

Well, I'm not sure the movie will have this reaction on you but it surely had this reaction on me . Freddy is like a monkey but he has a soft side underneath. I don't reveal more, ok? let me know if I should ad a spoiler alert on the post above.
Offline sami  
#236 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:58:37 PM(UTC)
sami

Admin, you and I are having a blast in this forum , I feel like we have found our balance and now we know each other, there is enough trust. I think you are really cool <3.

I think we are our own Dodd and Freddy. You are Dodd and I am Freddy, luckily without reaching those extremes !

Joy is on vacation right now. If anybody else wants to join us we'd be happy to have you. It's gonna get frantic for me in a bit.I would hate to leave Admin lonely. He's really cool, he won't make any judgements or ban anything unless it's really unapropriate . Never seen it before. He just deletes spam !!
Offline admin  
#237 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 7:31:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Yes Sami, you've done a great job in bringing this forum to life Laugh

Not sure when Joy will be back, probably won't be much longer. Here's hoping others take the brave step and contribute!

I'm not admitting to being anything like Lancaster Dodd until i see the film! I've heard rumours of some of the stuff he does! BigGrin
Offline sami  
#238 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 1:18:46 PM(UTC)
sami

admin wrote:
Yes Sami, you've done a great job in bringing this forum to life Laugh

Not sure when Joy will be back, probably won't be much longer. Here's hoping others take the brave step and contribute!

I'm not admitting to being anything like Lancaster Dodd until i see the film! I've heard rumours of some of the stuff he does! BigGrin

Ahahaha! I think we are too normal to be like them!
Why do you say me? It's you and me who brought it to life ! Without you I wouldn't be here ! I am a bit curious about you now.The other day i was trying to imagine how you look ... I imagine you are blond with a bit of a beard, although you never revealed your gender. I hope I'm not assuming wrongly!

I wanted to ask you , now that you've read my comments, if I have helped get a different picture of the movie. I tried to tell what you can expect from it .. I still cannot make up my mind. It's difficult to make a judgement Ina movie like this bec it's so different.

Offline sami  
#239 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 1:37:46 PM(UTC)
sami

I'm thinking that I will enjoy more a second view. There is a lot going on in This film! i was paying more attention to the things that Joaquin did , his emotions than to understand what was happening. Yes, I got about 70% of the dialogue ... 2nd screening here I come !!
Offline admin  
#240 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:32:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

sami wrote:
The other day i was trying to imagine how you look ... I imagine you are blond with a bit of a beard, although you never revealed your gender. I hope I'm not assuming wrongly!

Blond = incorrect.
Beard = incorrect at the moment.
Gender = correct at the moment Flapper.

sami wrote:
I wanted to ask you , now that you've read my comments, if I have helped get a different picture of the movie. I tried to tell what you can expect from it .. I still cannot make up my mind. It's difficult to make a judgement Ina movie like this bec it's so different.

I've read what you thought of the film and what others have said also... i think i've got a pretty good picture of the what to expect from The Master film. I think i'm just interested in seeing it for the performances and visuals rather than the story.

I'm now looking forward to seeing The Master get released in other countries, so we get to hear the perspectives on the film from peoples of other countries... i think the film, because of it's style, will go down well in countries such as France and Italy.